love, or the lack thereof (p...

By UnKnownWriter0011

love, or the lack thereof - p. davidson More

cast
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
tweleve
thirteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight

fourteen

571 15 13
By UnKnownWriter0011

I lie awake in the guest room bed. Sleep wouldn't fall over me and I was fucking irritated.

The bed was comfortable and I was completely fine with where I was. Why couldn't I fucking sleep?

Sighing loudly, I rolled over on my side and my eyes directed towards where my phone was charging on the night side table.

Reaching my hand out, I unplugged it and almost immediately turned the brightness down, seeing that it was blinding me in this dark room.

Seeing the time it was almost three in the morning. There might be a chance that Pete is still awake.

He told me he doesn't sleep much because of all of the shit he deals with.

Opening up the text thread between Pete and I,  my thumbs hovered over the keyboard, thinking of what I wanted to say.

Me:
u up?

A very douchey sounding message.

The text sent and I stared blankly at my phone for a couple of minutes. Of course the one night that he actually could sleep, I needed him to be awake.

I was about to turn my phone off, when I saw the responding text bubble show up on the screen.

I shuffled around in my bed so I was sitting up against my pillows.

Pete:
Yeah
everything okay?

I smiled as I began to respond.

Me:
yeah im good
just can't sleep...

Pete:
Same :/

Me:
how long
have u
been up?

Pete:
uh like
all night

Me:
same here

Pete:
U want me
to come over?

Me:
u mean come over
to the room a few feet
away from yours?? lol

Pete:
Yeah but I thought
it sounded cooler that
way

Me: lmao sure

Pete:
Sick

A moment later I heard a soft knock at the bedroom door and soon Pete opened it revealing himself.

He was shirtless and wore black sweatpants on his lower half.

He gave me a small smile as he walked into the room, closing the door behind him. He then walked over to the bed and flopped down next to me.

"Hi." I whispered turning on my side to look at Pete.

He turned on his side to face me and showed a wide smile.

"What's up?" He asked

"I don't know just can't sleep..." I said before sighing loudly

"Welcome to my life." He joked and laughed quietly

"Yeah I don't think I'm to fucking thrilled about it." I say laughing along with him

I stared at Pete as he turned his gaze to the ceiling. He seemed lost in thought.

"Whatcha thinking about?" I ask before gently lying my head on his chest.

"Nothing..." he mumbled

"You sure about that?"

I take my head off his chest to look at him. He continued to stare at the ceiling but he had a small smile on his face.

"Cmon tell me" I pleaded looking into his eyes

"I'll tell you one day." He said

I looked at him confused and he just chuckled softly.

"Okay?" I said and rested my head back onto his chest.

His fingers ran through my hair as I let my eyes close.

It was strange that in a matter of seconds of him being with me I was able to fall asleep so easily.

I smiled at the thought.

-

I woke up and my body was shaking violently. Looking over to the window it was still dark outside.

A wave of nausea suddenly came over me and I quickly tried to get out of the bed, but unfortunately didn't make it to the bathroom in time.

I threw up on the floor and probably on myself if I'm being honest. Thankfully it wasn't a lot or else it could have been a lot worse.

"Shit." I whispered as I tried to keep myself balanced. I was still shaking so my hand reached out to hold onto the dresser besides me.

I then heard shuffling start to come from the bed so I turned my head slightly to see Pete slowly sit up.

I could just barely see him because it was so dark in the room.

"Shae? You okay?" He whispered

"Umm... yeah I felt really nauseous and tried to make it the bathroom but it didn't fucking go as plan." I said feeling slightly embarrassed.

"Oh fuck..." he said and I could hear the covers of the bed move and soon footsteps started to near closer.

A lamp was turned on and I could see Pete as he started walking over to where I was leaning against the dresser.

"You okay now?" He asked me gently as he looked at down where I had gotten sick.

"I don't know I just feeling really shaky." I said trying my best to look his way.

"Here come on..." he said before swiftly picking me up bridal style, avoiding where I had thrown up on the bedroom floor and carrying me into the bathroom across the hall.

He set me down on the toilet seat and began to search for a wash cloth.

Once finding one he ran it under the sink for a couple of seconds before handing it to me.

"Here." He said as I grabbed the towel from his hand and I began to wipe my face off.

"It's probably just some withdrawal symptoms." He said as he stared at me as I cleaned my face off.

"Yeah I didn't even think of that." I say shrugging and deciding to just throw the wash cloth in the trash.

"Probably from the pills you took and because you haven't been smoking any weed."

"Thanks to you might I add." I respond with a small smirk.

"Your welcome." He says and shows a smile.

He steps over to bathtub where soon hot water begins to fill it.

"You should probably brush your teeth." He suggests

"Good idea." I say quietly and I slowly stand up and walk over to the sink and open up the drawer that held my toothbrush and toothpaste.

I could feel Pete's eyes on me as I began to brush my teeth quickly.

After spitting out the toothpaste, I look up into the mirror only now just noticing the small amount of throw up I had gotten on my shirt.

"Great." I sighed loudly

"Give your clothes to me." Pete says as he stands behind me.

"Okay." I say and Pete helps me take my shirt off and I take the sweatpants I was wearing off.

"If someone tried handing me a shirt with fucking throw up on it I would probably throw up."

He only laughed at my comment.

"How are you not like grossed out by that?" I ask sitting back down on the toilet as I waited for the tub to fill up completely

"I mean having Crohn's, I kinda have to deal with it a lot." He shrugged

I only nodded in response.

"I'll be right back I'm going to go throw these in the washer and then clean up the floor real quick." He says, referring to my failed attempt at making it to the bathroom and lifting up my clothes he was holding.

"Thank you." I whisper as he leaves the bathroom.

Noticing that the bathtub was now filled, I stopped the water from continuing to pour and I completely stripped of my bra and underwear that I had on.

How the fuck did I forget to take my bra off?

I dipped my foot into the warm water and my body shuddered at the feeling.

Stepping into the tub fully, I sat down and emerged my entire body in the hot water.

I closed my eyes, trying my best to get myself to relax.

I soon heard the bathroom door open and Pete hovered above me as I sat in the tub.

Seeing how he had already seen me completely naked before, I wasn't really that shy or embarrassed.

And he was obviously very respectful and only looked at my eyes.

"Do you want me to stay in here with you?"

I looked up at him and he held a concerned look on his face.

"No I'll be fine... try and get some sleep." I said gently with a tired smile

"Alright." He says and bends down to hesitantly plant a light kiss on my forehead.

He walks out of the bathroom and closes the door behind him leaving me in the quiet.

I took this time to myself to wash my body not wanting to take the time to clean my hair, and just simply relax.

Though I was still getting chills, it wasn't as bad as it first had been.

-

About an hour had gone by and eventually the water grew cold. I slowly took my time getting out of the tub and drying myself, letting the water drain.

Wrapping a towel around my body I turned the bathroom lights off and opened the door making sure to be as quiet as possible.

Walking down the hall to the guest room, I opened the door seeing Pete passed out on the bed. I would have assumed he would've gone back to his own room.

Walking into the dark room, I closed the door behind me and tip toed my way over to where the dresser was.

Slowly and quietly I attempted to open one of the drawers to find one of my oversized t-shirts and a pair of underwear.

"Shae!" I heard Pete whisper from across the room

Turning on my heel I tried to make out his face in the dark room.

"Sorry did I wake you?" I whispered back.

I heard ruffling of the sheets and soon heavy footsteps come closer to where I was standing.

"No it's all good... you feeling any better?"

I felt a large hand on my bare shoulder. My eyes finally adjusted and I could see Pete's face staring down at my own.

"Yeah, still got some chills but definitely better."

"Good." I could hear the smile on his face

"Do you want help changing?" He asked taking his hand off of my shoulder and walking over to the light switch on the wall.

The bright lights blinded me for a second until they readjusted. I was now able to fully see Pete's long stature.

"Uh yeah sure." I said shrugging my shoulders and stepping aside to let him search through the drawers.

I knew he secretly loved choosing out my clothes for me and in all honesty, I secretly loved it to.

I watched as he carefully went through my clothes and deciding on an oversized t-shirt and a pair of gray sweatpants.

Handing them to me I smiled before sitting down on the bed. He playfully turned around so he couldn't see me change my clothes.

I laughed at him before unwrapping the towel that was around my body, and I quickly slipped on the shirt and sweatpants.

Standing up I tapped Pete's shoulder and he slowly turned around with his eyes still closed.

"You can open your eyes now dumb fuck."

"Hey I'm just trying to respect your privacy." He says back smirking before opening his eyes.

His eyes scanned my body as he looked down at the clothes he had chosen.

"Damn I think I should be a stylist cause I fucking killed it." He said

"Yeah sure." I laughed quietly before walking over to the light switch to turn the lights off.

"I'm going to sleep." I stated as I walked towards the bed.

"I don't know if you wanna join me or not but you better make up your mind fast before I decide to kick you out." I say slipping under the covers.

"I don't think you can kick me out of a room that's not yours." He teases me

"Watch me." I say fighting back.

I heard his footsteps come closer until I felt a dip in the bed on the side next me.

"I've made my decision." He says into the darkness.

"Good now let me fucking sleep." I say trying to stay serious but in reality, a large smile was formed across my face.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.6K 407 20
am·biv·a·lent /amˈbivələnt/ adjective having mixed feelings or contradictory ideas about something or someone.
54.8K 1.2K 40
sometimes it takes a depressed person to know a depressed person... Emily thought she was just going to therapy, just a normal day like always. Littl...
5.5K 279 22
Hi <3
135K 3K 49
The blinding lights flashed at me, momentarily blocking my vision as I push my way past them. Loud music slipped in and out of my ear canal alongside...