seven

After getting a couple more hours of sleep, I finally decided to drag myself out of bed. Today was one of the days where my depression was kicking my ass. Hard.

Looking at the mirror that hung on my bedroom door, my hair was disheveled and my eye bags were darker then normal. I brushed through my hair with my fingers and rubbed my eyes trying to wake myself up.

"Jesus Christ." I said to myself before opening my bedroom door and walking out into the living room where no one was to be found.

Dragging my feet into the kitchen I heard laughter between multiple people.

As I walked further I saw Megan, Pete, Colson, Claire, and Liv sitting at the dining table joking around.

Heads turned as everyone began to notice my presence.

"So she is alive?" Pete said sitting at the table throwing a smirk my way.

Rolling my eyes I walked over to the kitchen cupboards grabbing a bowl and a box of cereal. Grabbing the milk from the fridge I took a seat at the kitchen island.

"Cmon sleepy head join us over here at the cool kids table." Megan said as she walked over to where I was sitting, side hugging me before stealing the milk from me.

"I don't think I would call that the "cool kids table." I scoffed as she walked back over to the table, sitting back down besides Colson.

"I don't know Shae I think your just jealous." Liv said laughing

Standing up, I pushed my stool back and walked over to the table taking the last seat open at the end, and of course it was the one next to Pete.

"Glad you decided to join us." Claire said smiling at me from across the table.

"Glad I could be here." I responded sarcastically with a fake smile.

I ate quietly observing everyone else as they engaged in conversation. Laughter filled the room as I sat in silence.

I felt Pete's stare on me so I turned my attention towards him, my eyes meeting his.

"You alright?" He mouthed to me silently, with a concerned facial expression.

I just shrugged with a small smile.

It was interesting that out of all of the people sitting at the table, including two of my closest friends, Pete seemed to be the only one noticed my off mood.

Maybe at this point Megan and Claire were so used to it that they were simply ignoring it, but it still was interesting.

Finishing my cereal I stood up from the table, walking over to the dishwasher to put my spoon and bowl away.

After doing so, I stood watching everyone once more.

"Hey I think I'm going to go back to my room, I have super bad fucking headache." I said hoping they wouldn't be able to tell I was lying.

"Oh okay, text if you need anything." Claire said sadly standing up from her chair to walk over to where I was standing to give me a small hug.

"K." I said simply as I walked back down the hall to my room closing the door behind me.

Flopping back down into the comfort of my bed I stretched my arm out to my desk to reach for my phone and sketch pad.

Flipping open the sketch book the pencil stuck inside of it rolled out onto the bed covers.

Turning to a clean page I grabbed the pencil and began to hopefully draw away the fucking misery I was feeling.

-