fifteen

"Hey thanks for taking care of me last night." I say entering Pete's room and closing the door behind me.

It was now the next day. Pete had slept with me in the bed and to be frank I slept fucking incredible. One of the better night sleeps I have gotten even though I ended up getting sick.

"No problem." He said shrugging. His brown hair was wet as he had just came from the shower. He wore a random graphic t-shirt with basketball shorts.

I walked over to his bed where I sat down looking up at the posters that were taped onto slanted part of the ceiling.

"Have a thing for Cindy Crawford?" I asked giggling at the older poster of her half naked posed body.

"Yeah when I was like fucking 16. I honestly don't know why I still have it up there." He says taking a glance at the poster and then bringing his eyes to me.

"Mhmm yeah I think you know why." I laughed and winked at him.

He just playfully punched me in the shoulder as he laughed along with me. Opening the bedroom door, he walked out for a second only to come back with a towel from the bathroom. He ruffled his hair with the towel in attempts to dry it. I laughed as he was failing.

"Why don't you let me blow dry it." I suggest as I stared at him.

"Blow dry my hair?" He asked cocking his head to the side in confusion.

"Yeah it will take like five fucking minutes you have like no hair." I say

He looks at me, offended by my comment.

"Bullshit I do so have hair." He says pulling at it.

"Okay but compared to mine it's fucking nothing." I say holding up a piece of my thick, unruly; curly dark hair.

"Alright fine but it better be fast." He groans

Standing up I grab his hand and lead him into the bathroom we now shared. Opening the bottom cabinet I searched through the basket of hair tools I had brought with me until finding the black blow dryer.

Plugging it into the outlet on the wall I directed Pete to sit on the toilet so I could dry his hair.

Following my directions I began to run my fingers through this hair as the warm air from the blow dryer began to work its magic.

In a matter of minutes his hair was no longer wet and more of a fluffy soft mess.

"There all done." I say unplugging the blow dryer and placing it back into the basket.

Standing up, Pete walked over to next to me to look in the mirror. He ran his fingers through the now dry hair, trying his best to style it to his liking.

"Damn I need to start doing that more." He noted as he looked at himself one last time in the mirror before opening the bathroom door and turning the light off.

I chuckled as I trailed behind him and followed him into the kitchen.

"Hey I was going to ask you this earlier, but what does your mom do?" I ask Pete as I take a seat in one of the bar stools.

Pete stood across from me, crossing him arms over his chest as he listened to my question.

"Well she works as a school nurse at one of the middle schools, but like three days out of the week she'll work night shift at the hospital in the emergency room."

I nodded my head letting him know I was listening.

"How long will she work today?" I ask knowing that she had left early this morning.

love, or the lack thereof (p. davidson)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara