Stay

By GetLucky1028

Kakuya Mandrake has known Donald DeGrate (known better as DeVante Swing) since they were babies. They are bes... More

Chapter One: Donald and Kakuya
Chapter Two: Going in Different Directions
Chapter Three: Let's Get Down
Chapter Five: Seperate Ways / Bye Bye Donald DeGrate, Hello DeVante Swing
Chapter Six: "Where Did the Time Go?"
Chapter Seven: A Soul Without the Body
Chapter Eight: Falling to Pieces
Chapter Nine: Half Alive
Chapter Ten: We Need A Resolution
Chapter Eleven: Tupac Amaru Shakur
Chapter Twelve: Love You Down
Chapter Thirteen: DeVante the Dumbass
Chapter Fourteen: Too Involved Now
Chapter Fifteen: In the Morning
Chapter Sixteen: Honest
Chapter Seventeen: Who Do You Love?
Chapter Eighteen: I Don't Want to Do Anything Else
Chapter Nineteen: "I Can't Live Without You"
Chapter Twenty: Brand New
Chapter Twenty-One: Brand New (Part Two) / "Do You?"
Chapter Twenty-Two: "This Happened"
Chapter Twenty-Three: Baby, Baby, Baby!
Chapter Twenty-Four: Tremaine Aldon Neverson
Chapter Twenty-Five: Something New!
Chapter Twenty Six: Some Type of Way
Chapter Twenty-Seven: DeVante Unchained
Chapter Twenty-Eight: Kasem vs. Trey
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Be That Easy
Chapter Thirty: You Got It
Chapter Thirty-One: Look Who's Stalking
Chapter Thirty Two: A Dark Place
Chapter Thirty-Three: Suddenly I See
Chapter Thirty-Four: She's Come Undone
Chapter Thirty-Five: See You Again
Chapter Thirty-Six: Karma

Chapter Four: "She's Pregnant!"

1.3K 59 27
By GetLucky1028

DONALD POV

"Ugh! Oh! Donald! Oooh, it feels so good, ooh!" Those were the sounds Monica made, moaning and groaning in my ear as we were doing it. She was acting like a virgin (neither of us were since we had done this multiple times by now) so she kept whining for me to "go slow", she got loose and I started beating it up. We were sweaty, she clawed at my back and I put kisses on her neck, I liked having sex with Monica but I was thinking of Kakuya for some reason. I envisioned her moans, love faces, and holding on to me. I know that when you have sex, you're supposed to love that person. I have love for Monica, but I ain't really in love with her.

After two more strokes, I came inside her. I thought that sex with my girlfriend would be meaningful, but it wasn't. It was like she was just another random hoe. 

Monica: I love you, Donald.

Me: Yeah, baby. 

A FEW MONTHS LATER.........  (February 1988)

I was taking a nap in my room when I heard the phone ring. I groggily answered it.

Me: K.O.?

Monica: No...baby, it's me. 

Me: Hey Monica. What is it this time?

Monica: I....I went to the doctor and I......I'm two months pregnant!!!

I stood up in the bed and my mouth dropped open. 

Me: What? How did-?

Monica: WHAT DO YOU MEAN HOW!??? YOU GOT ON TOP OF ME, STUCK YA DICK IN THERE AND GOT ME PREGNANT!!!! 

Me: C'mon man,,,,how you gon' do this to me, man? 

Monica: I'm having your baby!

Me: Look, I--  I'll call you later man. I can't deal with this right now. 

I hung up and plopped down on the bed. My mind had 1,234,561 thoughts as to how I was going to deal with being a father at the age of 18. My parents are going to KILL me. They wanted us to do it by the book: get married, have kids, the family thing. I'm young and I want to party and kick it with the homies. Having kids ain't in my forte. Before I could think any deeper my parents came in my room. 

Father DeGrate: How's school?

Me (lying): Good.

Father DeGrate: I know you broke up with Monica a few months ago......her parents came by the church and said you just dumped her before she could tell you.

Me (still lying): Tell me what?

Father DeGrate: That she was pregnant. SHE'S PREGNANT!!!

His hand went so hard across my face I fell back into the drawer. He picked me up and whipped me so hard with the belt that my mother had a hard time pulling him back.

Mama  DeGrate: Donald! Let him go! Stop! You gon' kill him! Stop!

After 45 minutes of beating, she got him off of me and I was a bloodied, beaten mess. 

Father DeGrate: You have an hour to pack your stuff and GET OUT!!! Don't you dare come back to this house until you have a job and a plan to support that baby! 

Mama DeGrate: Lord have mercy! Sweet Jesus! My baby! Don't do this to him---

Father DeGrate: Do what, Darlene!? Teach him some responsibility!? He's going to be a father! Since he's old enough to have sex, he's old enough to take responsibility for his actions!!! 

I groaned in pain. Not only do I have a baby on the way, but I'm being kicked out of my parents' house. 

KAKUYA POV

I was going over the finishing touches on my homework when my father answered the door. 

Dad: Senior! Darlene! Donald? What the hell did you do to this boy?

I slowly crept from the kitchen to the living room where I saw Donald's face marred with a cut and bruises on half of his face. 

Father DeGrate: He got Monica Mancini pregnant! He's a disgrace to this family! I want Kakuya to have one last look at him before I take him to a shelter. 

Dad: The hell you will! He's your son. You have a grandchild on the way, Senior. You can't throw him out on the street. I won't stand for this! 

Father DeGrate: You want to deal with him? Fine, he's all yours! Been a fucking waste since the day he was born. 

Dad: No he's not! He's a bright young boy who just needs to find his place in the world. You're going to regret this! He'll be a success and you'll be crawling back begging for his love. 

Father DeGrate: I beg to differ. 

Dad gently took Donald inside. 

Dad: How can you allow this Darlene?

Mama DeGrate: It's only for a while. 

Donald hugged his mom and his parents left. 

Dad: Don't you worry, Donald. We're going to help you through this. You're family! You'll have chores like the others, but we'll have fun too. And to hell with your father, you'll be somebody.

Me: Dad, um...where is Donald going to sleep? That couch is terrible!

Dad: Do you mind if he sleeps in your room?

Me: Like....in my room, in the same bed?

Dad: Yeah. It's big enough. 

Me: I guess so.

Dad" Okay, Donald take your things and get settled for dinner. We're gonna eat at about 9:30. We'll be having short ribs, pot roast, macaroni and cheese, sweet potatoes, cabbage, and cornbread.  

He nodded and we went upstairs. 

Donald: Your room looks different from across the street.

Me: Thanks, smartass.

He looked around, frowning at my musical tastes. 

Donald: Queen? Devo? The Rolling Stones? The Beatles? 

Me: Yup!

I went into my private bathroom and came back out with a warm rag. 

Donald: What you doing with that?

Me: Sit down. 

I began wiping off the blood and cleaned his face. 

Donald: I appreciate your Pops for doing this. 

Me: He thinks of you all as his own kids. 

Donald: K.O?

Me: Yes, Donald?

Donald: Thanks for not telling. 

Me: Best friends don't tell. 

He smiled. I began to take off my shirt but hesitated. It's going to take some getting used to with me living with a boy in my room. 

Donald: Why you stop? I seen what you got, baby.

Me: Shut up, boy.  I'm ugly. That's why Joey broke up with me. 

Donald: If you don't stop that. You are absolutely beautiful. I love you just the way you are. I--- wait a minute what!?

Me: Yeah, he was upset that I wouldn't give him my virginity and he said that he was only going with me because he wanted to hit it. 

I knew I shouldn't have told him because I saw his face get red and his fists clenched. When someone messes with Kakuya Mandrake, you mess with Donald DeGrate too. I knew Donald hated Joey for some odd reason, but now that we're over, I can understand why. 

Me: Let it alone...you're in deep as it is. 

With no hesitation, he took off his shirt and climbed into bed, yawning.

Me: I sleep on that side!

Donald: Come here.... 

I took the cover and lied on the edge of the bed, He pulled me closer to him, moved my hair aside and looked deep into my eyes. Almost as if he were looking into my soul.

Donald: You are the most beautiful girl I know. I don't know what I would be without you and the friendship we have. I love you so much, that if someone tries you, I'll break their fucking necks. And it ain't no question if you would do the same for me. 

I tearfully nodded my head. He wiped the tears away and kissed my forehead. 

Donald: Do you understand me?

Me: Yes.

He sat up in the bed and I sat up with him, He wrapped my legs around him and looked deep in my eyes. 

Donald: Good. Hey, I want you to promise me something. 

Me: Anything, baby.

Donald: I'm gonna make it big one day. We both will! Promise me that no matter how busy we are, no matter how mad we are at each other, or whatever comes our way, we will be best friends until the end. 

I looked at him.

Me (voice cracking): I promise. 

We pulled into a passionate kiss. Donald and I would always kiss each other on the cheek, but using tongue and all of that....OH.MY.GOODNESS!!!! He pulled away before it got too deep.

If he only knew....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 622 15
Jodeci Imagines. that's it. that's the description. [ Cover made by : @/GINSJUICE ] Best rankings: #1- kci #1- kcihailey #1- jojohailey #1- dalvindeg...
60.1K 2.3K 101
๐Ÿ“ข๐Ÿ“ข๐Ÿ“ขIf you're under the age of 18, this book ain't for you! ๐Ÿ“ข๐Ÿ“ข๐Ÿ“ข Tia is on the rise of becoming a successful black woman, and a native of a poor...
16.4K 494 27
DeVante Marcellus Degrate Jr was everything like his father and plus more...He loved pretty women and Timidity Wise was the gem he wanted and needed...