Journey through the Grand Can...

By Raffesia

❎Do Not Read before reading the 1st book of the series.❎ Drisana has started her journey to Indraprasth. Afte... More

Prologue & Casts
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Clearing concepts
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
For the Haters of Subhadra-Karna Pair
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
💖💖💖 Special Shot 💖💖💖
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Picsar
Chapter 36
Trailer
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Stroms in the Making
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
💖💔💖 Special Shot 💖💔💖
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Teaser
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
🍁🍁🍁Tickle🍁🍁🍁
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Epilogue

Chapter 13

3.4K 256 94
By Raffesia

"O..M...G!!!" Drisana whispered in dismay. Valandhara had just insulted not only Duryodhan but also all the Kings and Princes present there. This was true a swayambara (the girl whose swayambar is held) was free to choose her groom. And no one would have objected or be offended if this was decided from the start that she would choose at her will and no competition would be held.

But here a competition was held. Rules were set and Maharaj Subahu had promised his daughter to the one who won. This was an insult of his words too. Her this action was degrading for both Kashi Naresh and her dynasty.

And Duryodhan? From what Drisana heard and saw, he was not here to make alliance like he tried to do at Dwarka. Kashi was already a provisional Kingdom of Hastinapur. He was here for Valandhara. He wanted her for himself. And even after he won, she placed the barmala on none other than Bheem's neck. Bheem who was his biggest and most hated enemy in the entire Aryavart.

This was such a disaster.

Nakul had stilled in utter shock and disbelief. He took a loud breath as his lungs constricted not getting enough air. He glanced towards the dias to see Drisana standing. Their eyes caught and both shared the same expression of apprehension.

Bheem and Valandhara were still staring at each other. Bheem was processing what just happened and what she said. Valandhara looked monotonous. Only her eyes showed her emotions of dread, torment and remorse. She knew what she had done was an insult to her father and all the Kings present. She felt remorseful and tormented thinking about the humiliation she just caused by going against her father's words. And dread crept up her spine thinking either Rajkumar Bheem would even accept her or not.

The first time she met Rajkumar Bheem, she was amazed at his simplicity. Most of the Princes talked to dasis as someone lesser than them. But Bheem? Even believing she was a dasi, behaved so modestly. He didn't hesitate to do the work which was meant for the servants to help her. Gave her the respect she deserved as a woman, not caring if she was a maid. It was true she tricked him, but she could trick him because he was a decent and virtuous person.

She was curious to know who he was then. And soon came to know that he was the second Pandava, Bheem. On their next meet when he was scolding her, she found it comical rather than fearsome. Strangely, she felt safe enough in his presence to bicker with him. She liked to see the cute pout and the swollen nose he sported in anger.

When after coming back from Dravida, she started remembering him randomly and smiling foolishly, Valandhara realised she felt a little more than respect and fondness for him. At the time of her father mentioning her swayambar, his face came in front of her eyes reminding her he was also a Gadadhari. She had hoped he would attend her swayambar.

She was anxious either he would come or not, but felt relieved only after seeing him. She didn't doubt he would win, but when she heard Hastinapur's Yuvraj was coming too, that made her anxious. She was worried that Rajkumar Bheem wouldn't even get the chance to win. And why not? Drone shisya Yuvraj Duryodhan was Mahabali Balaram's most dedicated student after all. And her fear came true at last.

During descending the stairs, she only felt a great deal of dejection and heartache, making her realise that she had fallen for the bhoora bhaaloo. She didn't know how her feet started moving towards him automatically. It was a decision taken on a moment's impulse. Not caring or thinking things through, she had placed the garland around his neck. Now only she registered what she had done. She felt remorse for hurting her father and causing his disgrace. But it was done and now if Bheem refused to accept her she would take shelter in Mata Ganga's waves (drown herself in Ganga).

"Yeh kaisi dhristata hai!!!!! (What kind of impertinenc is this!!!!)" Duryodhan shouted in rage.

"Maharaj Subahu!!! Yeh kaisa swayambar hai? Jaha pratiyogita koyi ek jitta hai, aur barmala kisi aur k gale mein dala jata hai?!!! Kya aapne yeaha aapman karne ke liya bulyawa hai mujhe?!!!!!
(What kind of swayambar is this? Where someone wins the competition and someone else is garlanded?!!! Have you called me here to insult?!!!!!)"
Duryodhan's loud booming voice broke the shocked state of everyone.

"Valandhara! Yeh kya kiya tumne? Vari sabha mein Swayambar ka aapman kar diya?!!! Mariyada aur niyaam o ka ullanghan kar diya! Mere samman aur pratishtha ka bhi kheyal nehi raha tumhe???
(Valandhara! What have you done? You reviled the swayambar in a crowded court. You disregarded dignity and propriety! You didn't even care for my respect and honour???)"
Maharaj Subahu questioned angrily. He couldn't believe his daughter insulted him as such.

"Shama kare Pitashree, main janti hu ki maine aapko thes pouchayi hai. Kintu maine swayambar ka aapman nehi, balki samman kiya hai. Yedhi main aisa na karti toh swayambar ka aapman hota.
(I'm sorry Pitashree. I know I've hurt you. But I didn't insult swayambar, I respected it. If I didn't do it, then it would have been an insult to the swayambar.)"
Valandhara said turning towards him and folding her hands.

"Samman!!! Mera aapman karke, yaha upasthit sabhi rajao ka aapman karke, tumne swayambar ka samman kiya hai???
(Respect!!! By insulting me, insulting all the Kings present here, you respected this swayambar???)"
Duryodhan asked angrily.

"Swayambar ka arth hota hai, swayam se bar cunna. Aapne pasand se, aapne pasand ka.
(The meaning of swayambar is self choosing of a groom. By own choice, of own choice.)" Valandhara said looking at Duryodhan.
"Aur maine barmala use hi pehnaya hai, jo mujhe pasand hai. (And I have garlanded the one, who I chose.)" She added turning her eyes to Bheem.

"Yedhi purb se hi aapne apni pasand nirdharit kar rakkhi thi, toh iss swayambar ka prayojan hi kya tha? Pehle hi barmala dal ke kar lete vivha Rajkumar Bheem se. Hum sabko bulakar hamara aapman kyu kiya?
(If you had decided your choice already, then what was the need for this swayambar? You could have married Rajkumar Bheem earlier. Why you insulted all of us by calling here?)"
One of the Kings asked scornfully.

Valandhara remained silent not able to answer. Drisana knew she needed to step in. But this was so out of her league. To control all the angered Kings and specially Duryodhan, they needed some elder powerful figure whom all would respect and fear enough to listen. Like Pitamah Mahamahim Bhishma, her Pitashree, Dravidadeesh Maharaj Drishadvat or the best of all Dwarkadeesh Shri Krishna. Only they would be able to stop Duryodhan and Bheem from ripping each other's throats.

'Where are you Bhrata Krishna?' Drisana sent a prayer silently for help and took a deep breath. Okay. She quickly glanced around before speaking.

"Aap ka kathan bilkul satya hai Kosala Naresh. (You are saying absolutely right Kosala Naresh.)" Drisana addressed the King who spoke in a loud but calm voice.

All the eyes turned to her. Devyajot took a few steps closer to her, standing just beside. Reminding all, she wasn't just any pretty princess whom they could insult or shut down. She was Dravidakumari, Drishadvatduhitri, Mangalyaputri Arunika. Drisana felt grateful for the silent support.

"Rajkumari Valandhara ko aisa hi karna cahiye tha. Aur yoh aisa karti bhi, yedhi unhone swayambar suru hone se purb hi yeh tai karke rakha hota, toh.
(Rajkumari Valandhara should have done that only. And she would have, if she had decided that prior to the swayambar.)"
Drisana said in a stern voice.

"Parantu unhone Rajkumar Bheem ka cayan issi swayambar mei kiya hai. Isiliye unpar aarop lagana uchit nehi hoga.
(But she selected Rajkumar Bheem in this swayambar only. So it won't be right to blame her.)" She added.

"Kaise Rajkumari? Kaise kiya unhone Rajkumar Bheem ka cayan? Jab ki unhone to iss pratiyogita mein vag bhi nehi liya aabtak? Aur swayambar ke niyaam ke anusar kebal pratiyogita jeetne wala hi Rajkumari ka adhikari hoga.
(How Rajkumari? How she chose Rajkumar Bheem? When he hasn't even participated in this competition? And according to the rules of this swayambar, only the winner of the competition will have rights on Rajkumari.)"
Said another King.

"Sarbapratham, ek stree par adhikar kiska hoga, yeh tai kebal aur kebal yoh swayam karti hai. Isliye Rajkumari par adhikar kiska hoga, yeh nirnay lene ka adhikar annya kisika nehi. Aur dusri baat, swayambar ke niyaam se, usme bhag lene wale bandhe hote hai, swayambara nehi.

(First of all, who will have right on a woman, that can be only decided by that woman. That's why, who will have rights on Rajkumari, no one else has the right to decide that. And second thing, the people who participates on the swayambar is bound by its rules, not her.)"

"Aur rahi baat unke cayan ka, toh woh Aryavart ki koyi pratham Rajkumari toh nehi jinhone bina kisi pratiyogita ke adhar par apna nirnay liya hai. Yoh aisa karne ke liye swatantra hai. Swayambar mei pratiyogita ka aayojan isiliye kiya jata hai, taki usme vag lekar aap apne samarth ka paricay de sake, aur uske adhar par swayambara apna nirnay le sake. Iska arth yeh kadapi nehi, ki yoh kisi bastu ke bhati jeetne wale ke haath mei thama dia jai.
Main satya keh rahi hu na Mamashree?

(And as for her selection, then she is not the first Rajkumari of Aryavart to take her decision without relaying on any competition. She's free to do so. The arrangement for competitions in swayambar are done, so you can give the proof of your abilities, and based on that the swayambara can take her decision. That doesn't mean she's some trophy to hand over to the winner.
Am I not right Mamashree?)"

Drisana said in an unyielding voice and asked the last part looking at Maharaj Subahu, her main target. She didn't want him to misunderstand Valandhara and disown her. Maharaj Subahu looked contemplative.

"Toh kya hum yeaha Rajkumari ke manoranjan k liye aaye hai? Maharaj Subahu! Pratiyogita ka aayojan aapne kiya. Pratiyogita jeetne wala Rajkumari se vivha karega yeh sart bhi aap hi ki thi. Aur hum sabne uska maan rakha. Isliye nehi taki aapki putri iss tarah humara aapman kare. Hum iss aapman ko moun rehkar nehi sahenge!

(So, have we come here to entertain Rajkumari? Maharaj Subahu! You arranged for the competition. You placed the condition that only the winner will marry Rajkumari. And we all respected your conditions. Not for your daughter to insult us like this. We won't take this humiliation silently.)"

Another Prince said angrily. The other angry Kings and Princes supported his statement too. On the other hand, some remained silent understanding Drisana's point.
Drisana started to move towards Maharaj Subahu after quickly saying something to Devyajot who nodded reluctantly.

"Mamashree. Aapne swayambar ka aayojan isiliye kiya tha, taki aapki putri ko ek yoggya aur man caha bar mil sake. Dhara jiji ne use hi cuna jo unhe vaya. Manti hu ki unhone iss pratiyogita ka maan nehi rakha. Parantu apne jis uddessya se isska aayojan kiya, yoh toh safal huya na. Yeah aapko bhrata Bheem ki yoggyata par sandeh hai?

(Uncle. You arranged for this swayambar, so your daughter can get a capable and desired husband. Dhara jiji only chose whom she likes. I agree she didn't respect this competition. But for which reason this was arranged, that's fulfilled, isn't it? Or do you doubt bhrata Bheem's capability?)"
Drisana said coming closer to Maharaj Subahu. Half of the problem would be solved if he agreed.

"Niyaam o ka ullanghan huya hai Drisana. (The rules has been broken Drisana.)" Maharaj Subahu said in a voice filled with anger and disappointment.

"Yedhi aapki putri niyaam o ka palan karke jeevhan var dukhi aur asantust rehti, toh kya aapko santusti milti?
(If by abiding the rules, your daughter remained unhappy and discontented her whole life, would that satisfy you?)" Drisana asked gently, so he would take decision as a father rather than a King.
Maharaj Subahu stared at her for a while and then glanced at Valandhara with a sigh. Drisana's words succeeded to reach past his anger and hurt at Valandhara's action.

"Shant ho jaiye aap sab! (Calm down everyone!)" Maharaj Subahu addressed loudly to the agitated crowd.

"Main swikar karta hu, ki meri putri ne iss pratiyogita ka maan nehi rakha. Kintu usne jo kiya woh bhi puritarah anucit nehi. Swayambara ko adhikar hai ki woh aapni eccha anusar bar ka cayan kare.
(I accept that my daughter didn't respect this competition. But what she did, that's not completely wrong. Swayambara has the right to choose her groom according to her choice.)"
Maharaj Subahu said making Duryodhan and some others more angry.

"Yuvraj Duryodhan, main aapse shama prarthi hu. Aur iss pratiyogita ko jeet kar aapne jo parakram dikhaya hai, uske liye uphar swarup aap yeh daivya Modaki Gada swikar kare. Parantu meri putri ka vivha usi se hoga jise usne swayam cuna hai.
(I ask forgiveness from you Yuvraj Duryodhan. And by winning this competition which valour you've shown, for that accept this divine Modaki mace as a gift. But my daughter will be married to the one whom she chose herself.)"
Maharaj Subahu said apologetically. A tear escaped Valandhara's eye for causing her father to apologise before everyone. But she also felt relief that he agreed.

"Main nehi manta aapke iss nirnay ko. Nehi cahiye mujhe koyi uphar. Maine jeeta hai aapki putri ko, aur uska vivha kebal mere saath hi hoga.
(I do not accept this. I don't want any gift. I've won your daughter. And she'll be married to me only.)"
Duryodhan shouted angrily.

"Haa. Hum bhi nehi maante aapke iss nirnay ko. Kashi ko iska parinam vugatna hoga.
(Yes. We don't accept this too. Kashi will have to pay for this.)" Said one of the angered Kings supporting him.

The angry Kings got out of their seats with raised weapons. Chaos were all around while Kashi's soldiers stood alert for orders. Duryodhan was moving towards Valandhara staring at her in anger and hatred. But before he could reach her, Bheem came in front blocking her and with a loud roar stumped his one foot on the dias, causing the whole area to shake and a large fissure to appear on the dias and stairs leading to them. Nakul stood beside Valandhara rigidly with his hand flexing on the handle of his sword.

"Kisi ne yedhi ek kadam bhi Rajkumari ke taraf baraya, toh main uska mastak ukhar lunga.
(If anyone takes even a step towards the princess, I'll rip out his head.)" Bheem declared angrily.

"Rajkumari ne aapna cayan kar liya hai, aur Maharaj ne bhi aapna nirnay suna diya hai. Aab yedhi kisiko isse aapatti hai, toh woh mujhe dwand ka aahabhan de sakta hai. Bachan deta hu, sabko uttar dene ke paschat hi swa-samman le jaunga Kashikumari ko.
(Rajkumari is done with choosing and Maharaj has also taken his decision. Now if anyone has a problem with that, that person can challenge me for a duel. I promise, I'll take Kashikumari honourably only after answering all.)"
Bheem challenged all the Kings threatening Kashi and Valandhara's respect.

Drisana controlled her twisting lips as the Kings threatening Maharaj Subahu glanced at each other in doubt and question. Two third of the work was done. Now only Duryodhan remained to be handled. She watched Devyajot silently moving towards Duryodhan's brother, Suvharman. Well, she would have preferred bhrata Dhritimat or bhrata Dridhaksh for this. But Devyajot had to do for now.

"What a pity!" Suvharman who stood ready to defend his brother, turned at the side to see Rajkumar Devyajot sighing.

"What?" He frowned at him.

"How will Mahamahim Bhishma feel when he comes to know Yuvraj Duryodhan forcefully tried to marry Kashikumari?" Devyajot said nonchalantly looking ahead. "A wise man will choose the divine weapon over an unwilling princess, don't you think?"

Of course. Suvharman would agree. The notorious Rajkumar of Hastinapur who loved to play with women, would not consider a Rajkumari more valued than a divine weapon which could kill even Rakshasas or Asurs just with one blow.

"Kahi aisa na ho ki Rajkumari or shastra, dono Rajkumar Bheem le jay. (Least Rajkumar Bheem takes both the princess and the weapon.)" Devyajot muttered at last and left.

Duryodhan looked around to see all the Kings who were supporting him had stood back, not wanting a confrontation with Vrikodar. But his rage and ego wouldn't let him back down, least of all to Bheem. He was going to challenge Bheem, just than Suvharman came stopping him.

"Jyesth, think rationally. Pitamah will not spare you if he comes to know, you fought with Bhrata Bheem for an unwilling Rajkumari. Don't you remember, how he beat bhrata Dussasan at the practice field after he attacked Rajkumar Devyajot losing the elder Kashikumari's swayambar?" Suvharman said. Duryodhan remembered. Pitamah Bhishma also gave a warning, he wouldn't tolerate such humiliating behaviour from Kuru Rajkumars.

"But- " Duryodhan tried to oppose. He couldn't lose to Bheem. Valandhara had been his from the moment, he saw her. How dare she insult him like this!!! She would have to pay for this.

"Jyesth. You won the swayambar, no one will dare disrespect you now. But if you engage in a fight with bhrata Bheem, that will make you look desperate for a woman. Do you want that? Moreover, you'll not only gain a divine weapon, but also will raise in Pitamah's eyes by showing how generous you have been to Pandavs." Suvharman said smirking wickedly.

Duryodhan thought about it.

"Nehi. Kashikumari ne mera aapman kiya hai. Iska pratishod cahiye mujhe.
(No. Kashikumari has insulted me. I want revenge for that.)" Duryodhan said stubbornly.

"But Jyesth -" Suvharman tried to object but before that Duryodhan moved front.

"Bheem!!! Yedhi yeahi tumhari eccha hai, toh thik hai. Tumhara vadh karne ke paschat hi main Kashikumari se vivha karunga.
(Bheem! If you wish that then I'll grant your wish. I'll marry Kashikumari only after killing you.)" Duryodhan screamed in rage.

Suvharman and Drisana both were disappointed. Drisana couldn't think anything else to stop Duryodhan. And this idiot was hell bent on getting killed.

"Duryodhan, tumhare bhujao mein itna samarth nehi ki tum mera vadh kar sako. Aur Rajkumari ka vivha toh aab mere saath hi hoga. Use rokhne ka prayas jo bhi karega, kaal ke bhed car jayega.
(Duryodhan, your muscles don't have enough power to kill me. And Rajkumari will be married to me only. Whoever tries to stop that, will be sacrificed to death.)"
Bheem replied angrily.

"Bheem!!!" Duryodhan screamed and started to move ahead with his gada. Bheem also came to stand in front of him.

Drisana looked worried and frustrated being unable to stop this. Nakul was also worried, but couldn't stop Bheem as Duryodhan himself had challenged him. The reciprocation of this wouldn't be good if Bheem ended up killing the Yuvraj of Hastinapur. Everyone was watching with anxiousness.

"Yeh kya ho raha hai yeaha? (What is happening here?)" A loud angry voice rang through the silence of the area stopping both on their tracks.

Helllloooooooo again!!!

Just to clarify -

I was very confused how the married princesses will be addressed. Only the wives of Maharaj are addressed as Maharani or Rani. I'm not sure about Rajkumars.

And besides Rani didn't sound well to me. Rani sounds like I'm calling the Maharaj's other wives. Yakkk...😨

So as in western culture the wife of a Prince is called Princess, here the wives of Rajkumars are called Rajkumaris.

Now....how was the chapter???

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 40 5
A promise. A misunderstanding. A curse. ---- **----**---- Sri Krishna's vision of Dharmarajya with Yudhishtira at its helm is very near to completio...
282K 19.2K 162
The Divine woman Draupadi was born as the eternal consort of Panadavas. But we always fail to treasure things which we get easily. Same happened with...
99.7K 3.3K 37
A 20 year old from kaliyug suffered a lot of issues since her childhood . A fan of Shri Krishna's mischievous behaviour and heavenly smile suddenly l...
4.8K 330 22
Part 1 of the Matsya Ratna trilogy The Princess of Matsya, only daughter of Virat and Sudeshna, Uttara is a beacon of shimmering light, sprinkling st...