ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
REVELATION
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
LUCIUS
THE ROR
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
ON THE RUN
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
ANDROMEDA COMES HOME
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

GRINGOTTS

2.5K 76 17
By ninithewriter

___

"Someone's chirpy," Hermione said as she saw Ethaline walk downstairs with a black long coat and black gloves that kept her fingers from freezing as well as accidently lighting someone on fire. Ethaline was quick to discover that the incidents with fire happened when she was most emotional as well as free handed with no wand. She could feel the air aorund her mixing with her newfound power making her grab some gloves to keep everyone safe.

"Morning Granger," Ethaline said, her skin noticably shinier and the bags under her eyes disapeaaring. She moved much lighter and with more confidence and purpose. They were all about to meet with the Goblin while Ethaline tried ot get control of her power.

If she could manage it and use it to their advantage then perhaps they would stand a chance.

While Ethaline went outside with Bill, Draco watched from the window with a cup of tea in front of him thanks to Fleur who alsokept her eyes outside, The last thing the french Veela needed was her boyfriend brunt to the crisp by what they believed to be dragon fire--the strongest and deadliest flame that was thought to destroy anything in it's path.

"She's strong," Fleur said to no one in particular as Ethaline accidently set a tree on fire after in an attempt to hit a bottle. "Too strong..."

"She's herself," Draco muttered, a bitter tone in his voice, "I've never seen her happier." He admitted, unsure as to why he was even talking or responding to Fleur but the answer was clear when her eyes flashed the color of her hair. She was forcing him to talk.

Fleur let out a small humph, a victorious smile on her lips as she turned back around and kept looking outside while also making breakfast for the others. Meanwhile, Harry as well as Hermione and Ron walked into the room the Goblin was staying in and closed the door behind them. Harry set the sword down on the ground, his face emotionless.

"You were taken for a reason." Harry said sternly, wanting to see if the Goblin would lie. "You were in charge of all of Bellatrix's bank issues. Is that correct?"

The Goblin narrowed his eyes, his beady eyes pitch black as he nodded, "That is correct."

"I need to know what Bellatrix has in the vault." Harry said as the Goblin said no by shaling his head. 'I can't tell you what is in there because I do know know that myself what is inside the vault."

Harry looked back towards his freinds, a thoughtufl look on his face which made the two panic inside. "You can't be serious." Hermione said in disbelif as Ron shook his head.

"We've pulled off the impostible every other day but this is succed. Its the most secure place in the wizarding place!" Ron said as the Goblin turned to face Harry.

"You want to enter Gringotts?!"

Harry nodded, "yes, and you're going to help me." He said as the Goblin thought about it and looked up at Harry.

"It won't cost easily."

"I would expect that. What are your demands? Gold? I have lots of it." Harry said, having no problem with giving away his parents money to achieve this.

"Not gold." The man said and motioned over to the sword, "That."

Nobody said a word, the three of them exchanging a glance to agreee. "Once Ethaline gets control of her...fire then we should be able to be rid of the next horcroux." Hermione reasured, confident Ethaline would be able to master it by the time they needed it.

Harry nodded, "Very well," He said as he tuned ot the man, "You have a deal."

"I also have a condition," The Goblin said, quick to cut him off as Harry narrowed his eyes while anger crept inside of him slowly as well as annoyance towards the cheating little git.

"Name it."

"The girl, Ethaline Malfoy, cannot go."

Harry immediately scoffed, turning his back in an attempt to calm himself. He wasn't going to give into a goblin, especially because without Ethaline they were dead. She had tactical brilliance, quick on her feet and even quicker with magic.

"No." Hermione immediately said for him.

"That's my condition." The Goblin said sternly.

Harry was desperate, but not that desperate, "Listen to me," Harry said lowly as he took a step forward, "There is no deal if your so called condition gets us killed. Ethaline will be attending with us or we'll find another way."

"You need me."

"I don't need anyone," Harry said lowly, the change in him making his two best friends glance at eachother. Ron thought it was a tactic to get what they wanted but Hermione thought it was starting to be true.

"Very well," The Goblin muttered, "We'll go."

Harry grabbed the sword again, "Be ready by sundown." He said before they made their way out of the room. Instantly Harry let out a sigh and held the sword tighter.

"Let's go get Ethaline."

___

Ethaline made little progress with her powers—or ability as she liked to call it, she now stood side by side with the others as they watched Hermione change into some black robes and such before looking skeptically at the Polyjuice potion.

Draco sat on the couch, completely bored out of his mind, "It's not going to work," he said in an amused tone as Ethaline glared at him.

"It will!" Ethaline insisted as she stared at Hermione.

It wasn't going to work.

"Even with the Polyjuice potion her voice will remain and I doubt your little friend could pull off the impression that she is in fact, Bellatrix Lestrange." Draco continued.

"If you're so clever," Ethaline started, already regretting the decision to let him stay, "Then we'll just use you."

"I beg your pardon?!"

"Not yet but you will," Ethaline said with a smug smile as Harry chuckled and looked down as Draco stared at him.

"What's so funny Potter?"

"You'll see ferret."

Ethaline turned to the goblin, "The vaults go in alphabetical order, but because of who our descendent are they have their own section at Gringotts—"

The Goblin frowned, "Ms. Malfoy—"

"Draco will be our way in and you'll lead the way to Bellatrix's vault, am I clear?" Ethaline asked, crossing her arms over her chest as the Goblin pressed its thin lips in a line.

"Very well."

"You're insane!" Draco panicked, his blonde hair messy from the fact that he held his head in distress.

"Afterwards you'll apparate out of there and back here," Ethaline continued, "Bill Weasley will make sure of it." She said as the older man grabbed his wand and muttered something.

Harry smiled and clapped his hands once, "Well let's get going shall we?"

The six left the house, Draco paler than usual as he held onto his sisters hand and they apparated to a building by Gringotts. "No funny business Draco," Ethaline warned as she held onto a black jacket suit for him.

It was important he kept his image so that there wouldn't be any suspicion. Harry hid everyone else under the cloak as they walked in while trying not to bump into anyone. Draco walked calmly, his hands in his pockets and an arrogant look on his face as everyone stepped aside and cleared a path for him.

Almost as if they were begging him to reward them with gold for their actions. Anyone would do that and probably lick the sole of their shoe for a handful of galleons. Considering the Malfoy wealth, the vaults were home to billions and a handful wouldn't make a dent. No one would even notice.

"State your name." The Govking said when they reached the end of the room.

Draco scoffed, "Draco. Draco Malfoy," he said, not even bothering to act as it was just him speaking. He was offended they didn't recognize his voice. Ethaline didn't know how that even made sense but she stayed silent.

The Goblin swallowed hard, "Mr. Malfoy!" He said nervously, "Will I be taking you to your vault?"

"Obviously. I'm not here to snatch stale candy from a bankers bowl...unless of course you offered"

Draco instantly handed a bowl of stale butter scotches wrapped in gold papers before he shoved some in his pocket. Half a dozen officers and as well as a single banker led them through the doors and towards the elevators.

"All this for a bank visit?" Ron muttered in disbelief as quietly as he could.

"You should of seen when my dad was here." Ethaline replied as they followed them through.

"Be quite, you'll get us caught." The Goblin under the cloak said making Harry scrunch his face up.

"Mind your tone."

Ethaline looked ahead, a smile on her face before they kept going. Inside they waddled like a hurtle of ducks and to the outside it was nothing out of the ordinary. Oh something bumped into you? You either imagined it or it was the wind.

Draco went through a few more security protocols, answering some questions about himself incase someone was using Polyhucir potion.

"What is your time of birth."

"12:57."

"And your twin?"

"1:07"

"Identity confirmed Mr. Malfoy please follow us," the goblin said, adjusting his tie as he flicked the light next to his desk to red, which meant he wasn't going to be around anymore before heading towards the west side of the building.

Ethaline felt fuzzy inside, a little sick as she tried not to ruin their cover and leaned on Harry who gave her a concerned look which she shrugged off. Once they were by their family vaults Ron was quick to notice—the only one—that Ethaline's vault was under heavier locks as well as bigger.

Draco glanced back, a scowl on his face making her smile. Once the vault was open Draco requested to be left alone and they stepped aside. The blonde boy was quick to yell at them, "I don't want you behind me I want you gone."

"Of course Mr. Malfoy."

They left him told him they'd be back in a couple of minutes. "They're lying." The Goblin muttered next to them. "They can't leave a client alone."

Ethaline sighed and looked at Harry, "Very well then." She said as Harry shrugged.

"I was getting bored anyway." He admitted before taking the cloak off of them judt as the other bankers began to call for help the two of them stunned them quiet and hears a soft thud as they fell to the ground.

"Great," Ethaline clapped her hands once, "Draco you should get going now and we'll probably see you—probably won't." She said as she looked into the vault and saw the ibheritsncr Bellatrix had received at one point.

    "Very well," Draco said, turning to his twin, "Come back Florence—alive." He said, not even bothering to argue with her because he knew she'd be able to protect herself and the people around her. Ethaline only smiled before Draco grabbed the port key and vanished into thin air.

It was Ron's job to watch after the dazed workers while Hermione worked on their escape route. Harry and Rthakune entered the vault and began to look around the area with the held of the goblin who was holding onto the sword. Without the two noticing, Ron and Hermione were called into the vault by him and the two immediately left their posts to help when the doors began to close.

   Ethaline's eyes widened, "No—"

    "I said I'd get you in but never did I say anything about getting you out!" The goblin laughed as Harry cursed at him and the doors shut. Just then Ron accidentally stepped on something and knocked another object over which began to rattle on the ground loudly before multiplying one by one.

     The four of them panicked and began to search for the object that stood out the most. "The cup!" Ethaline yelled as she tried to get away from the multiplying coins which started to make her panic as they would be trapped inside. Harry climbed as fast as he could before finally grabbing it before the door burst open with a minor explosion.

On the other end stood Draco with his wand out, "Did you want me to hold your hand?! Get out!" He yelled as govlins began to race over to them using the trains and sirens went off. He reached over and yanked Ethaline out, knowing the small spaces made her feel uneasy before they all ran out.

"We thought you left!" Ron said, unable to say anything else as he caught his breath.

"And leave my sister to the lot of you? Not likely. I was just outside when the sirens went off, your friend tipped off everyone else." He said in a disgusted tone as they hid behind a barrier. "Every exit is locked, but..."

"But what?" Harry asked impatiently.

"Don't speak to me Potter." He snarled, "On my way down here I saw something." He said as he turned to Ethaline, "A dragon. It's holding on for its dear life and it won't do much good but—"

"Show me." Ethaline cut off before they made their way over to the creature who was fighting against the chains while the security guards tried to calm it. Ethaline felt her heart ache, the sight of her unclaimed child making her body tense as her eyes lit a dark red. "Draconis." She whispered, the others watching her eye move as the dragon glanced around and got excited and lit the goblins on fire.

"Now we know why the goblin didn't want you here." Ron muttered as they looked over at it.

"The dragon isn't trained, it won't be easy for it to obey me so just hold on when you climb on..." she leaned her head to the side as her mind fluttered, "Him. Hold onto him. I'll get them distracted." She rushed out before grabbing her wand.

Harry immediately followed after her, helping her block the spells as the others ran to the dragon. Hermione struggled a little getting onto it but Draco happily shoved her on it before grabbing into the horn himself. Ethaline summoned the fire within, holding her hands out to create a barrier around them, her hands shaking because of the foreign feelings of her newfound gifts.

"Ethaline get on here now!" Harry yelled, the dragon roasting loudly as it began to move violently in excitement.

"Coming," she said loudly, trying to put the fire out from her hands before climbing on the dragon. "Um, Dracaris!" She said, petting the dragon softly as the others kept the incoming spells away.

The dragon wagged its tail, following her order to climb and forced all of its strength into the task. It heaved and grained in pain, scars from whips and lashes having dried blood on its white scales. Ethaline shoukdbhave felt stronger, felt the form connection between them but this dragon had been held captaive and in horrid conditions for so long she wasn't able to establish that.

She kept her guard up, dodging the harsh spells the police was throwing when they finally arrived at the top of the building. Ethaline felt her heart ache in sadness, her lips pressing into a thin line as the dragon looked upon the world for the first time. "I need you to keep moving," she whispered as she gently pet the side of his face.

"Please...."

The dragon roared and began to ran across the buildings before climbing sides and leaping. The dragon clumsily took flight, staggering along the way and excitedly looked back at Ethaline who gave it an encouraging look. She felt her heart warm at the sight, whispering encouraging words to her new child before turning back to the others who looked to be holding on for their dear lives.

They flew with no direction and over the mountains that none of them recognized. Ethaline could it see struggling, the malnourished dragon seeing a lake of water and slowly began to descend. "It has to eat!" Ethaline informed once she saw their faces. "We jump!"

Draco's face scrunched up, "Now?!" He asked, looking down at the lake and seeing the cold water.

"Come on Malfoy," Harry yelled, grabbing his arm and pushing him off before jumping himself. Ethaline was the last to go, he situating for a second before jumping off and into the cold water. She was immediately engulfed by the small waves, her cheeks filled with air and her eyes struggling to open as she tried her best to stay afloat.

She can't swim.

Well, she thought in her inside voice very calmly, of this is how I die then at least I'll die with friends. She tried to swim upwards, looking down at the pitch black water which made her panic before a strong arm grabbed her and yanked her back up. She gasped for air, her hair covering her face, but through a gap she saw him.

"You didn't think I forgot that you can't swim," Harry said, a pained look on his face from what happened only second before when the Dark Lord entered his mind.

Ethaline didn't reply, shivering as she held onto him and they were pulled to the small island in the middle. Draco helped Harry pull her up, cursing him under his breath about his suit before checking up on his sister. Hermione handed them all clothes to change, stopping at Draco who looked down at the jeans.

"We have magic for a reason Granger."

"This is what we were last seen in, Malfoy." She mocked before tossing it back into her bag.

The guys quickly turned around while Ethaline and Hermione quickly changed. Ethaline was now wearing and all black dress, a gold pin from her coat and her hair in a wet braid. Her cheeks were a bright red from the cold and her hands shook with coldness but she kept it together. Once everyone was safe from frostbiteHarry spoke up.

"The Dark Lord entered my mind."

Ethaline froze as Hermione immediately cut him off, "Harry you know you can't do that—" she said loudly.

"Hermione," Harry mocked in the same tone, "You know I can't control it!" He said, "But I saw something, I saw Hogwarts and Ravenclaw—"

"You're mad if you think we're going there," Draco immediately said, "There are death eaters surrounding the school and even more inside. We wouldn't be able to ring the door bell without getting cursed."

"You're scared Malfoy?" Ron taunted, sweeping bus red hair to the side.

"I'm not scared I'm just not an idiot." Draco spat which made Ethaline glance over at him as if telling him to stop.

"What about the map?" Ethaline asked, "The one Lupin returned to you. We're the only people who know about it."

Harry nodded, "Since we can't apparate in we'll have to go to Hogsmeade—"

"Another idea with some merit," Draco rolled his eyes, "That ugly little village has alarms. They'll know as soon as we step into its borders."

"They'll know someone goes in but not that it's us." Hermione fired back, "You should go back to the cottage—"

"And leave my sister with the lot of you who'd use her as bait and run—"

"That's enough Draco." Ethaline interrupted as she paced in her small corner, "It's the only plan we have. If Harry saw Hogwarts then the other horcrux must be there as well. We have to try, we haven't got anything else."

Draco scoffed lightly but stayed silent as Harry looked over at the blind girl, "Your call." He said, trusting her strategic instincts better than his impulsive ones.

Ethaline took a deep breath and nodded, "We'll go to Hogsmeade."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.4K 64 24
You're Harry Potter's twin sister and you're transferring to Hogwarts from Beauxbatons. You meet a boy named Draco Malfoy and you both hate each othe...
4.1K 93 36
Yn Malfoy is draco Malfoy's sister and she is coming to Hogwarts but she is different she has a secret that can get people killed and she gets take...
36.4K 1K 13
The Potter twins are entering their third year at Hogwarts. Does (Y/n) put herself in a tragic love story?! read to find out what will happened,and w...
74.1K 1.4K 23
'𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍 𝒘𝒉𝒐 𝒅𝒊𝒅𝒏'𝒕 𝒇𝒊𝒕 𝒊𝒏.' --- Elaine Weasley, the twin sister of Ginny Weasley and in Slytherin house. Join her on her journ...