SILENT || Sugawara Yuri

By hcneyed_toasties

𝐒𝐈𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐓 | ❝ Sometimes silence is better than wasting your breath on someone who refuses to listen. ❞ ✎ �... More

Yuri Sugawara
CHAPTER | 01
CHAPTER | 02
CHAPTER | 03
CHAPTER | 04
CHAPTER | 05
CHAPTER | 06
CHAPTER | 07
CHAPTER | 08
CHAPTER | 09
CHAPTER | 10
CHAPTER | 11
CHAPTER | 12
CHAPTER | 13
CHAPTER | 14
CHAPTER | 15
CHAPTER | 16
CHAPTER | 17
CHAPTER | 18
CHAPTER | 20
CHAPTER | 21
CHAPTER | 22
CHAPTER | 23
CHAPTER | 24
CHAPTER | 25
CHAPTER | 26
CHAPTER | 27
CHAPTER | 28
Authors Note.
CHAPTER | 29
CHAPTER | 30
CHAPTER | 31
CHAPTER | 32
CHAPTER | 33
CHAPTER | 34
CHAPTER | 35
CHAPTER | 36
CHAPTER | 37
CHAPTER | 38
CHAPTER | 39
CHAPTER | 40
CHAPTER | 41
CHAPTER | 42
CHAPTER | 43
CHAPTER | 44
CHAPTER | 45
CHAPTER | 46
CHAPTER | 47
CHAPTER | 48
CHAPTER | 49
CHAPTER | 50
CHAPTER | 51
CHAPTER | 52
CHAPTER | 53
CHAPTER | 54

CHAPTER | 19

2.4K 66 15
By hcneyed_toasties

ʚ|| 3RD POV ||ɞ

Yamaguchi watched as the blond left for his date with the girl that he refused to admit he was madly in love with but Yamaguchi always knew the truth because he knew Tsukki long enough. His two best friends were going on a date and he for one, was glad he wasn't going to be third-wheeling for once.

"All right, Tadashi. I have to get going." Akiteru smiled. "Wanna catch a bus together?"

"Oh, no, I'm walking." Tadashi replied and smiled. "Goodbye Mrs. Tsukishima. See you soon, Akiteru."

"Oh, wait!" The lady walked towards the door with two small tin container for both boys but offered the first one to the freckled boy. "I heard your parents were coming into town, I made cookies."

"Thank you." The boy bowed taking the tin.

"Have a safe walk, dear." He nodded and hugged her.

Tadashi left after the quick goodbye, he didn't want to stall anymore and more-so didn't want to keep his parents waiting. He hoped they would arrive late so he could get the house more cleaned up and set out the cookies that he was gifted maybe even make them lunch.

   Though as he walked all he could think about was Yuri and how she might feel if Tsukki did ask her out, he knew that the girl envied the many fans of the young Tsukishima.

┏━━━━✦❘༻Flashback༺❘✦━━━━┓

   "Kei!" The girl ran up and laced her fingers through the tall blond's pushing aside Yuri and Tadashi.

   The two ended up walking a few steps behind the coupled pair, watching as they walked side by side and took up most of the side walk. One of them could have squeezed in and join the conversation but Yuri wasn't going to do it and Tadashi never wanted to leave her side.

   Middle school romance, the only romance the young teens had come into contact with. Their second-year of junior high, Tsukishima found himself with a girlfriend.

   "Did you get it?" The girl asked.

   "Your note?" He looked at her, his fingers clasping over her hand. "Yeah, do you want to go to the library?"

   "Sure and after we can go get ice cream for a reward of hard work." Onishi smiled up at him.

   Tadashi glanced at Yuri who was looking at the new couple. Onishi Aika the beautiful short girl that was the daughter of the boy's volleyball club coach. She was also the manager of said club, this gave them the time to get along and grt much closer than any other girl the blond had ever met.
   Yuri watched as the girl's dark brown hair bounced in the cute short, ponytail, the way Tsukki looked at her with little to no annoyance which was new for the girl to see.

   "Do you two want to come?" Onishi asked for the second time.

   "No." Tadashi shrugged and grabbed Yuri's hand. "Come on, Yuri. You two have fun."

   Tsukki and Yuri looked at each other before she walked past the couple, her cheeks tinted with pink as she followed Tadashi who pulled her hand.

   "He's dumb." Tadashi muttered as they were far from the couple. "He's just bored and wanted to see what dating was like."

   Yuri nodded and scribbled something on her notepad hesitating before turning it for the boy to see.
'She's cute.' It was true the girl was extremely beautiful and the complete opposite of what Yuri was.

   Popular, peach colored skin, hazle eyes, brown hair, short, happy, and the biggest insecurity Yuri had, she spoke.

   "Do you want to go get some cake?" Tadashi asked the girl. "My treat."

The girl nodded and followed him to their usual spot.

┗━━━━✦❘༻End Flashback༺❘✦━━━┛

As his memory finished playing in his head he realized he was walking past the park and caught a glimpse of Tsukishima talking with Yuri, he thought it was cute and watched as he walked but stopped in his tracks to see the moment that caused even him to feel a sense of protection for the girl. Tsukishima basically pinned her against the tree in public, it wasn't something that he could imagine from the tall boy, yet there they wer and he was seeing it with his own eyes.
   He took a step forward in the direction but came to a halt once again when he saw three familiar heads. He grew upset that the third-years were spying on the teen, going as far as hiding behind the bushes. Tadashi was ready to walk over but his phone began to ring. He pulled it from his pocket and turned pale at the caller ID.

   "Gomen, Yuri." He muttered and walked past the park. "Hello?"

   "Where are you?"

   "On my way home, father." The boy replied and started walking away. "I'll be home in ten minutes."

   "Your mother and I will be home soon too, I expect you to be there before us."

   "Yes sir." He nodded and hung up only to quickly text Tsukishima as he ran to his own house.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

   The olived haired boy arrived to his house out of breath as he kicked off his shoes and walked to the kitchen, his vision blacking out for a moment as he guzzled down a glass of cold water, he leaned agains the counter in case he passed out then and there.
   Once he slightly recovered, the boy opened the tin can only to see that most of the cookies had crumbled making him frown but he shoved it in a drawer and started cutting up fruit, with the rush he accidentally sliced his finger.
   He ran to the bathroom and quickly patched himself up, his heart was racing as he finished and clutched onto the marble of the counter. He sighed trying to calm down, he shouldn't be stressing over his own parents but there he looked at himself stressing over being perfect, fitting their cookie cutter expectations.

   "Tadashi." He jumped at the voice.

   "You got this." The boy mumbled to himself and he walked out. "Welcome home. I cut up fruit we can head to the— where are your bags?"

   "Tadashi we just came for the appointment." His mother said. "We have a meeting that we couldn't cancel but we did push it back a few hours so here we are, dear."

   Don't call me that. The boy thought but he would never say that to her face.
"The appointment is in an hour. How about we have some tea?" The boy offered, looking over at his father.

   Mr. Yamaguchi was only paying attention to his phone. "Sure."

   He ushered them into the livingroom and went to retrieve the tea and the fruit, as they all sat in the livingroom. He looked at his parents who were right in front of him but it was like they were miles away. His father on the phone, eyes barely moving from the screen. His mother laid back with her eyes closed clearly looking more stressed than he had ever seen her.
   As he studied them he took notes at new wrinkles, his father's olive hair turning a dark grey and that only made him look more intimidating. His mother looked like she had dyed her hair to hide away the grey hairs and she still looked somewhat young.

   "So how is Tokyo?" The boy finally asked trying to start a conversation up.

   "We work," His father replied. "You are here working on your school work, how are your grades?"

   "School just started a week ago, my attendance is perfect." Tadashi explained and looked over at the lady. "How are you, mom?"

   "Tired." She replied and sat up. "I see you kept the house tidy, thank you."

   Tadashi nodded and stood up seeing that neither parent cared to conversate. "We should go, We need to get there early to fill out the paperwork."

   "The faster we get this over with, the quicker we will be on the plane back to Tokyo." His father stuck his phone in his pocket and walked towards the door.

Tadashi watched as his parents walked out, the fruit untouched and the tea slightly gone, his heart sank slightly and he wondered if they even really appreciated the things he did for them. Yet he followed them out and they got into the car, his father in the front with his mother as he pulled out his phone debating whether he should text Tsukki or not, only the blond knew how his parents treated him. The boy never told Yuri about it because in a way they were in the same boat, he just didn't want her to know that.

⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉ ⇉

   "How have you been feeling?" The doctor asked as he checked the boy.

   "Fine." He replied. "I still play volleyball."

"Oh, Karasuno, right?" He nodded. "That's good. I assume you're good? Playing hard for your team?"

   "I try my best although I'm the only first year on the bench." He mumbled. "At least it's safer right?"

   The doctor shook his head. "Tadashi, I believe that you will be fine as long as you take care of yourself. So anything stressing you out? Making you sad? Depressed? Anxious?"

   Tadashi glanced at his parents who weren't focusing on him. "No sir."

   The man looked at the parents and rolled his eyes. "Any episodes?"

   "Not recently..." He paused. "I can mainly feel when they're about to happen but it's mostly at night, you know if I don't fall asleep fast enough and start over thinking things.."

   "So do you take anything to help you get to sleep faster?" The man asked and Tadashi shook his head. "How bad is the pain right now?"

   "Maybe a three."

   "Okay, let's take a look." The man put in the ear pieces and pressed the stethoscope against the boy's chest. "A three?"

   "I think I got used to the pain." The boy smiled weakly.

   "Ever get to the worst pain?"

   "Just a few times, I calm down by guzzling down a glass of ice water." The boy explained. "But like I said, only if I think about something too much."

   The doctor looked at his parents. "Mr and Mrs. Yamaguchi." They look up. "Are you still living in Tokyo? Because I think it would be best if you moved back to watch over your son. Especially if he might have an episode in the middle of the night."

   "Dr. Ito, we don't have time—"

   "Make time. He's your son and you could lose him any night." The doctor click his pen as he wrote on a sheet. "Or at least be decent parent and hire someone to live with him."

   "Uh no! It's okay." Tadashi rubbed his neck. "I'm perfectly fine alone."

   "See, he's fine." His father said. "Now if that's all my wife and I need to be going."

   "He still has the scan." The man replied then turned to the boy. "I want you back in a month and keep playing volleyball, if it keeps you happy and distracted then keep doing that."

   "Yes sir." Tadashi hopped off the table. "Thank you. See you in a month."

   The boy laid in the machine eventually falling asleep for the rest of the hour until he was pulled out. When he woke up his parents were already gone, they left him with a note telling him to take a cab home and that they would send money for the next two months.

   "Hmm didn't wait for you?" He jumped at the voice.

   The boy looked over at his doctor and felt the pain in his chest a cough passed his lips, drops of blood landed on his hands and he stared at it unfazed and unbothered.
He knew the cause was a mixture of the machine and the pain he felt knowing his parent's couldn't care less about their untreatable son.

A handkerchief was held in front of him. "Sorry!" He forgot the doctor was still in the room. "Thank you."

   "You say you don't care but it looks like your body says otherwise." The doctor spoke.

   "I don't, really." The boy lied so smoothly. "I should get going, I need to make dinner."

   "Tadashi, please take care of yourself." He nodded and left.

   Last year the boy woke up throwing up blood, his heart shooting with pain, he had cried himself to sleep that night and even though his parents were home, he didn't want to burden them so he suffered alone, as he tends to do.
   They arrived to the hospital that same night after his parents couldn't stand the noise. They were slightly worried but not as worried as they should have been, this only made Tadashi even more sick but the doctors he was working with could barely get anything done which led to him finding out that whatever he was ill of could not be cured, the doctors didn't even know what was happening.
   Hospitals after hospital they went, Tadashi missed a week of school and told his friends that he went on a vacation with his parents, but in reality he was throwing up blood and begging his parents to find a hospital in their prefecture.

   The teen sat on the bus and rested his head on the back of the seat, taking a sigh as the pain slowly dissolved. It's not like you didn't know they would do this. He told himself but it still hurt and he needed a distraction so he pulled out his phone.

_________________________
Karasuno Crows🩳

Kiyokosimp1🤡;
Hey Yamaguchi do you know
where Yuri and Tsukishima
are? Or where they're going?

Grownman🐐;
Tanaka, do you really think
you should be texting Yamaguchi?
Wasn't he doing something important?

Kiyokosimp2⚡️;
If anyone knows where
they will be it's him! And we
need to find her!

Kiyokosimp2⚡️;
I mean them*

Oldman🧓🏼;
Asahi's right let's not ask
Yamaguchi.

Dad-chi🧃;
SO THEN STOP TEXTING IN
THE GROUP CHAT!

Tangerine🍊;
Who changed our names?

Dad-chi🧃;
Hinata, why text that after
I told you to stop?

Tangerine🍊;
SORRY 🙇‍♂️

2 hours later...

Tangerine🍊;
We found them, Yamaguchi.

Tangerine🍊;
They were in Yuri's room, but
he just left.

Tangerine🍊;
Sugawara-san
kicked us out🙂

_________________________

   Yamaguchi looked at the messages and the last one made him text the boy who instantly replied

________________________
Tsukki🦖;

Yams🍟;
Sorry Tsukki.

Tsukki🦖;
I don't care.

Yams🍟;
What do you mean?

Yams🍟;
You've had a crush on
Yuri for the longest time.

Yams🍟;
Tsukki, they ruined
your first ever date!

Tsukki🦖;
She's already mine
so I don't care that
they ruined it.

Yams🍟;
You asked her to be
your girlfriend?!

Tsukki🦖;
Not technically.

Tsukki🦖;
I left a mark on
her shoulder.

Yams🍟;
WHY WOULD
YOU DO THAT!

Yams🍟;
Gtg, I'll call
you later.

_________________________

   The boy entered the empty house and started to cook his own dinner. He felt happier that everything worked out for the two teens, his two best friends.
   He felt the emotions for his parents disappear into the depths of his brain, grown used to the disappointment of his parents leaving him all alone to fend for himself, it wasn't new but now he knew how to push that all away.

————————
Words; 2520
Yuri changed their names in the group chat and no one wants to change them back.
Yes, Yamaguchi is hiding his sickness from his friends. Let's see where I take this.
⭐️LIKE
💬COMMENT
Also remember this isn't following the anime and it's following my plot with a few things from the actual anime.
   Anyways drink water, eat something and take care of
yourself 🤍

!CHAPTER IS UNREVISED!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

182K 5.2K 15
You move to Japan after living in the states as a child, leaving your childhood friends behind. You now go to Karasuno high but didn't expect to find...
190K 5.1K 21
{Rewriting} [L/N] [Y/N], a first-year student at Karasuno High who just moved around town. Her cousin, Shimizu Kiyoko suggested her to enroll there a...
97.6K 2.1K 24
My first fanfic so please bare with me! You are Tsukishima's twin sister and you transfer to Karasuno. As a mute girl, you face many challenges, but...
150K 3.8K 45
You are Tobio Kageyama's twin sister. Unfortunately for you, he inherited the gift of height, leaving you standing a full foot shorter than him. Afte...