My companion | میرےہمدم

Galing kay 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... Higit pa

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Longing | حسرت
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Begining | ابتداء
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Mark | نقش
Trust | اعتماد
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Delighted | شاد
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday | سالگراہ
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1
Epilogue-2

Affect | اثر

18.5K 1.1K 320
Galing kay 7Hazel

-Unedited.

Mere zikar say tujh ko milay sukoon

Muje dard samajh kay parha kare.

Ishq pay phir ho tera yaqeen

Meri aas mein tou jiya kare.

Mein kahun koe ajnabi hun mein

Tou nahi nahi kiya kare.

KHAN VILLA:

"Zahra we are going back home, Zain and Huzaifa chachu are waiting for us", Faryal chirped and adjusted Zahra's headband. She turned her head back and looked at Zohaib who was walking to and fro in the room while talking to someone on the phone. She starred at him for a few seconds and then moved her eyes back to Zahra and smiled.

"Zahra let's wait for the daddy", She whispered. She picked up Zahra and placed her on her lap. She kept talking to Zahra in a baby voice to which Zahra was laughing.

"What's so amusing Zahra?", Zohaib asked standing behind Faryal. Faryal turned around, hugged Zahra, and placed her chin on Zahra's head. "Everything her Ammi says is amusing. Haina Zahra? (Right Zahra?)", she said playfully.

"I highly doubt that", he narrowed his eyes.

"Uhu, as you wish Dost (friend)", she pursed her lips and shrugged. "It won't change the fact".

"Let see", he shook his head.

"Are you both ready?", he asked.

"Yup", she smiled. He nodded and picked up the bag from the floor.

"Zohaib can you please pick up that vase as well?", she questioned.

"Vase?", He looked at her and then followed her gaze. His eyes fell on a big vase placed on the table, filled with flowers, more specifically the flowers he has brought for her on her birthday. He has not paid attention to it before.

"Why?", he asked with confusion visible on his face.

"I want to take this with me", she stated.

"You are still keeping those flowers", he was surprised.

"I love them", she bloomed.

"How come they are so fresh until now",

"Amma Jan said that these flowers will remain fresh for up to 9-12 days with a little technique of hers. It's day 4 and they are still fresh, Amma Jan was right. Still, some days are left so I can keep them",

He looked at her. "Leave them here, what you are going to do with it. I don't think so we will be able to take it with ourself".

She shook her head vigorously.

"You love flowers. I'll bring you more, fine?", he raised his eyebrow.

She shook her head, again.

"You can bring more flowers, but I want to take these with me as well. These are so precious.", she mumbled the last sentence and pouted.

"Please Zohaib". She gave him a puppy dog expression.

"Fineeee", he took a deep breath. "Stop giving me these looks".

"Yayyy", Faryal exclaimed.

"Ab chalain madam? (Should we leave now madam?)", 

"Chalain (Let's go)", she replied excitedly.

Zohaib picked up the vase in one hand and the bag in the other hand whereas Faryal stood up with Zahra in her hands and together they went downstairs. Everyone was already present in the living room.

"Why don't you go after having Iftaar with us?", Amma Jan suggested sadly.

Zohaib looked at Faryal, she knew he wanted her to deal with the situation. She moved forward and hugged Amma Jan.

"Amma Jan we had amazing days here, but now we have to go. Everyone has called me several times since morning asking me when we will be arriving. They are waiting for us. Please don't get sad Amma Jan, it would be hard for me to leave then. Anyways Meesha and Fahad Bhai are staying for Iftaar here you won't feel our absence much", Faryal tried to convince Amma jan.

"You are right Fary, I'm sorry I just got emotional. I'm going to miss you meri Jaan". Amma jan kissed her forehead." And you too our little bundle of joy", Amma jan said lovingly to Zahra and kissed her as well.

Baba jan smiled, trying to conceal his emotions. He turned towards Zohaib and placed his hand on Zohaib's shoulder.

"Thank you so much son for taking care of my Fary. Your presence made these days extra special for us", Baba jan said genuinely.

"Aray please don't thank me, uncle. You've called me a son that's least a son could do", Zohaib assured him.

"Where are you taking these flowers?", Meesha interrupted Zohaib.

"Ask your friend", Zohaib shrugged.

"Meesha ab is masoom bachay ki jan chorh bi do beta (Meesha please leave that poor child)", Agha jan said.

"I'm sorry Zohaib", Meesha laughed. "BUT-- have fun until we meet again", she winked. He smiled.

"You all are spending Eid with us at Durrani house, just don't forget that. Looking forward to it", Zohaib said.

"DONE", Meesha showed him thumbs up.

After some time Faryal and Zohaib met everyone and went outside the house towards the car porch. Faryal sat down in the car with Zahra. Zohaib was trying to think of a way to keep that vase. He couldn't keep it in the back seat as there was nothing to support it, and without support, it was not possible to take it home safely.

After few minutes he settled down in the driving seat. He kept the vase between his legs and gripped it with the help of his thighs. The flowers were touching his chin. That was the last option he could think of.

"Are you sure you can drive with it", she asked.

"Hmmm", he hummed and ignited the engine.

Although he didn't complain Faryal felt guilty for his uncomfortable state. She kept glancing at him from time to time. He could feel her gaze.

"What?", he asked. He gave her a quizzical look and then turned his eyes back on the road.

"I'm sorry", she said meekly.

"No worries", he replied cooly. "I can manage that".

----------------------------------

DURRANI HOUSE:

"Faryal do you want to eat anything else?", Tayi Ammi asked.

"No Tayi Ammi, please I can not eat anything else. Dadi Jan made me eat so much already, saying that I don't take care of my health", Faryal whined. Mom and Tayi laughed.

"That's her love beta", Mom said.

"I'm truly grateful.", Faryal gave her a tight-lipped smile.  

Uzair came and sat beside Faryal on the sofa while Zohaib was sitting with her on the other side with Zahra in his lap. Zahra was busy drawing lines on the notebook keeping a stoic expression. She drew some uneven circles and frowned.

"Someone seems busy", Uzair chuckled looking at Zahra. Faryal turned her head towards him.

"Veryyyy", she shook her head and smiled.

"Zahra draw an octopus, the one Ammi has taught you yesterday", Faryal said. Zahra starred at her for a few seconds, drew some lines on the notebook and then looked back at her waiting for her Ammi to tell her something else.

"Amazinggg", Faryal clapped. 

"Now Zahra will draw a duck".

Zahra pouted and nodded her head. Suddenly the pencil fell down from Zahra's hand. She looked at her Ammi.

"Oh-ho", Faryal facepalmed. She bent down and picked up the pencil.

"Oo-oo", Zahra said and facepalmed as well.

Everyone stared at her in surprise and then burst into a peal of laughter.

"Zahra is a copy cat", Mom lightly pulled Zahra's cheeks.

"Yup, copy cat of her Ammi", Faryal said proudly.

"Keep dreaming", Zohaib rolled his eyes.

"Keep getting jealous", she flipped her hair.

"That was sooo cute Zahra", Huzaifa ruffled her hair. He sat down on the floor on his knees in front of her.

"Chachu missed you kiddo", he placed a kiss on her cheek and then looked at Faryal and said, "And your Ammi too".

"Zahra tell your chachu we missed him too", Faryal smiled.

Faryal bent down slightly in Zahra's direction. She looked at Zohaib. Her eyes shone with a mischievous glint, he had sensed she was up to something. She shifted her gaze back to Zahra.

"Draw your daddy now', she whispered.

As an obedient daughter, Zahra started drawing incomprehensible lines and circles with full concentration. A soft giggle escaped from Faryal's mouth.

"What are you up to?", Zohaib raised an eyebrow.

"Nothing", Faryal shrugged.

"She told Zahra to draw you", Mahum said nonchalantly. 

"Mahum", Faryal tried to stop her but it was too late.

Zohaib straightened up and looked at the notebook. An idea popped up in his mind.

"Come beta, let your daddy show you his skills", Zohaib said taking the notebook and pencil from Zahra.

He was drawing something on the notebook. Faryal tried to have a look but he hid it from her.

"That's your Ammi Zahra", He said. The hint of a self-satisfied smirk playing across full, pink lips.

Faryal froze at his words. Her heart missed a beat when he called her Zahra's Ammi. Everyone had called her Zahra's Ammi but hearing from him felt like a confirmation. Zohaib studied her expression she seemed lost in deep thoughts.

"No reaction, Ajeeb (strange)", he thought.

He snapped fingers in front of her and said "Back to earth".

Faryal looked at him in confusion.

"That's you", He signaled her to towards the notebook.

Her eyes fell on the drawing in front of her. There was a girl who had a triangular body shape, toothpick arms and legs, broken teeth smile, and four hair strands on her head.

"Astaghfirullah (I seek forgiveness in God)", she called out. "No way Zohaib"

Everyone peeked at the notebook and saw Zohaib's magnificent art.

"What you have done with her buddy?", Uzair laughed.

"She asked for it", Zohaib shrugged.

"Mommm", Faryal whined. "Look at these two", she complained.

"Don't trouble my daughter", Mom warned them.

"Mom she started it", Zohaib reasoned.

"Doesn't matter who started it, just don't tease her", Mom stated.

Faryal took the notebook from his hand, starred at the drawing and her heart sank.

"Do I really look like that to him?" she thought.

"He was kidding don't take it your heart", Uzair said. She nodded. She knew Zohaib was kidding but it still scared her. She didn't know why, but the mere thought of him finding her unattractive was unsettling.

"Barhi bibi (Madam)", Saleem Bhai called out. Everyone turned their heads towards the entrance of the lounge.

"Yes Saleem, what happened?", Mom asked.

"There are two women at the door, selling bangles. What should I tell them?", Saleem Bhai asked.

"Ji chachi jan please call them inside", Mahum said excitedly. 

"Please call them inside Saleem", Mom said.

In a few minutes, Saleem came back with the women. He was helping them to carry their bags inside. Zohaib stood up and left that area with Zahra. Faryal looked at his retrieving figure and then back to the bangles in front of her.

Mom, Tayi Ammi, Dadi jan, Mahum, and Faryal were trying to find something matching their eid outfits while Huzaifa, Usman, Zain, and Uzair were sitting there silently. Faryal picked up a set of silver and golden bangles.

"Which one will look good with my navy blue outfit..Hmm Silver or Golden?", she mumbled. She was indecisive to choose one. 

Zohaib came back and stood behind the sofa. He was feeding Zahra.

Faryal looked at Uzair and asked "Silver or golden?",

"Golden",..."Silver", Zohaib and Uzair said in unison.

"Zohaib?", Faryal turned her head and saw Zohaib was standing behind her.

"Zohaib is right, you should buy the silver ones", Uzair cleared his throat. She starred at the bangles in her hand for a few seconds.

Zohaib shifted his gaze from Zahra to Faryal and then Uzair, and realized she had asked Uzair for the opinion.

"Sorry, I misunderstood", Zohaib clarified.

She thought for few minutes. She smiled and said to the women, "I'll buy both". 

-----------------------------------

Later at night:

Faryal was starring at the cieling with her eyes wide open. There were a million emotions running through her body right now, but frustration and low self-confidence were winning out. She was always self-confident about her looks but after today's incident for the first time in life, she wanted someone's confirmation about her looks.  She turned her head and saw Zohaib and Zahra were fast asleep.

She heaved a sigh, stood up, and walked towards the dressing table. The room was dimly lit. She carefully examined her reflection in the mirror.

She grazed her hand on her flat tummy.

"It's not triangular", she mumbled.

She opened her hair and raked her fingers through it and stretched her lips into a toothy smile.

"Chaar baal bi tou nahi hai mere aur daant bi behtareen hain (I don't have four strand of hair and my teeth are perfect too)",

She flexed her right arm's muscles in the mirror and lightly tapped it with her left hand. She looked at Zohaib's reflection in the mirror.

"I do have muscles. I don't have toothpick arms and legs", she pouted.

"As everybody says, You are beautiful Fary", she assured herself.

"Huh, mazak kar rahe thay Zohaib (Zohaib was kidding)", she smiled. "Han mazak kar rahay thay (Yup, he was kidding she)", she bloomed with confidence and assured herself again.

"Or what if he was not kidding", her mind reminded her. Her smile faded.

"I don't care whatever he thinks about me", she whispered. "It shouldn't affect me".

"Ya Allah", she closed her eyes in annoyance and groaned.

------------------------------------------

Assalam u Alikum/Namaste, 

Ramadan Mubarak!❤  may this Ramadan be as bright as ever for you and your loved ones.  May Allah answer all your prayers in this holy month of Ramadan.

How was today's update?

Thanks for the votes and comments I really appreciate it.❤

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

397K 20.3K 37
"𝘕𝘰, 𝘥𝘰𝘯'𝘵 𝘥𝘰 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘴. 𝘔𝘢𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘴𝘦 𝘱𝘺𝘢𝘢𝘳 𝘯𝘢𝘩𝘪 𝘬𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘪 𝘍𝘢𝘩𝘢𝘥. 𝘔𝘦𝘳𝘢𝘺 𝘥𝘪𝘭 𝘮𝘦𝘪𝘯 𝘵𝘶𝘮𝘩𝘢𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘭𝘪𝘺𝘦...
10.7K 560 29
Ranked no.3 #islam Ranked no. 7 #turkey Ranked no. 3 #islamiclovestories "You have two choices, you either divorce your wife and get your father's la...
167K 5.3K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
1.2M 68.7K 54
•completed• When I was six, Baba had got me my first doll. I vividly remember her, my best friend. I had named her Sameera, she had huge eyes and wor...