Lockheart's Curse

By AugustWolfheart

In the first book of the series, Seven years pass since Dante's execution, he returns stronger than ever to w... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 12

207 21 4
By AugustWolfheart

(A few days have passed since the battle between Dante & The Royal Heirs. It's early in the day as Dante wakes up in his bed back at his hideout, his body covered in more bandages with his right eye being wrapped as well. As he sits up, Kitara walks in.)

Kitara: I see that you've finally woken up from your rest.

Dante: Why didn't you wake me earlier?

Kitara: Well to be honest Dante no matter how strong you are, your body needed that rest.

Dante: How long have I been out for? A few days I imagine?

Kitara: Yes. It's been five days, but that doesn't matter. What matters is that I have completed the serum for you.

Dante: I assumed you did. Tell me, where is my sword?

Kitara: You left it on the battlefield. Don't worry though. Reach out your hand and it'll come back as long as it isn't destroyed.

Dante: Knowing Stephen and Lunafreya, I highly doubt that it's destroyed, but that doesn't matter right now. I'll retrieve it at a later time.

(Kitara takes out a small vial of a glowing red mystic fluid & hands it to Dante.)

Kitara: There is your serum.

(As Kitara says this, he downs the serum & throws the vial.)

Kitara: Given that its a liquid, it'll need time to bind to your DNA. So it might be a while before your transition into becoming an upgraded Para.

Dante: That's reasonable I guess. Tell me Kitara, where is the witch?

Kitara: I honored my deal with her and let her go. I teleported her to the location of her choice.

Dante: I'm afraid that your decision wasn't the best.

Kitara: We wasn't gonna hold her hostage Dante.

Dante: Yes, but it was the only way to keep her safe. There are people out there who are looking for her. In the short time that I was killing those witches, I came across a word, "Kitsune". It means Fox Spirit or a person who is a host of a Fox Spirit. And I believe that Marcy is, in fact, a Kitsune. It would explain her incredible power and how she was able to knock you off your feet.

Kitara: But how do you know she's in trouble?

Dante: I've heard rumors of people chasing down a Kitsune so they can take and harness its power for themselves. The Witch Coven was the one protecting her all that time, but now that I've killed them all, she's now all on her own.

(Dante gets up & puts on some shoes. Once he does this, he walks up to Kitara.)

Dante: And besides...Going off the look on your face, I can tell you want to help her, to protect her. You feel as it's your duty to do so and you will. Consider it as taking on an apprentice. I think you'll love the wisdom that being a mentor provides.

(As Dante says this, he walks outside & right behind him is Kitara.)

Kitara: Since you've been asleep, allow me to ask you a question.

Dante: Go ahead.

Kitara: Why did you reveal yourself? I don't remember that being the plan.

Dante: I figured that it was time. Besides if I didn't, I would imagine that they would've figured it out if that hadn't already. Not to mention since now my identity is no longer a secret, Mason knows that I'm coming him.

Kitara: Well I guess that plan failed seeing as everyone thinks you're dead. Like I told you, it's been five days since the fight.

Dante: Well then. I think it's time for a family reunion, don't you?

Kitara: Dante don't. I don't think that's wise.

Dante: You know Kitara, you've always had my back and kept me in check. That's exactly why I'm going.

Kitara: But do you know what you're doing? You're going to standing in front of the man that tried to kill you. Are you sure that you can keep your emotions in check Dante because I don't? Look all I'm saying is that if you're going to do this, then you need to be sure that you know what you're doing and that Mason can't get under your skin.

Dante: Maybe you're right, Kitara. I have an idea.

Kitara: What is it?

Dante: Can you do a spell showing what's happening in the Lockheart Kingdom?

Kitara: Yes. One moment.

(As Kitara says this, she begins to chant a quick spell and soon enough a visual projection of The Lockheart Kingdom is shown. As they look on, they begin to notice that there is a celebration going on in honor of Stephen's victory over The Bloody Crow.)

Dante: They are throwing a Kingdom-wide party in Stephen's name.

Kitara: What are you thinking Dante?

Dante: That it's time that you officially meet my family.

Kitara: But what about Marcy?

Dante: You will have the rest of the day to find her. I will aid you in doing so if need be.

Kitara: It's fine. I will join you. I'm in need of a good party.

Dante: Now that's more like it.

Kitara: I will make us a portal.

Dante: There is no need. Save your strength. It's been a long time since we trained under Lenneth. What do you say to a good old race?

Kitara: Surely you're joking?

Dante: What? Afraid of losing?

Kitara: Not at all. I'm just worried about your ego as all. Don't want to hear any excuses when I win.

Dante: Then enough talk.

(As Dante says this, they both leave as they head out towards the Lockheart Kingdom. Dante starts to dash through the forest on foot, while Kitara sprints from tree to tree. As they continue on, a branch that Kitara steps on breaks and Dante jumps up and catches her.)

Dante: If I didn't know any better, I'd say you did this on purpose.

(Dante puts Kitara down)

Kitara: And why would I do that?

Dante: Because you knew that I would catch you.

Kitara: Oh spare me, Dante. What makes you think that I wouldn't have landed on my feet?

Dante: Why put in the effort when your partner has your back?

Kitara: An accurate description of our relationship.

(As Kitara says this, they both laugh.)

Dante: You know I find it funny to think that you rejected me years ago.

Kitara: Don't take it personally Dante. I just don't need any distractions.

Dante: And yet after all these years, here you are patching me up, taking care of me, recreating ancient spells all in the name of me.

Kitara: Listing that off should tell you just how of much of burden you are.

Dante: Ha! You wound me Kitara. Surely I've done something's for you in the time that we've known each other.

Kitara: Yes you have, but it pales in comparison to the things I've done for you.

(As Kitara says this, Dante gets closer to her, puts his hands on her waist and gently pushes her back onto a tree as he gazes into Kitara's green eyes. )

Dante: Then, by all means, you tell me what it is you want and I'll deliver it to you with haste.

(As Dante says this, Kitara for a moment is shocked, but quickly regains her composure and pushes Dante away with a smile on her face.)

Kitara: Maybe another time. Besides you've already invited me to a family reunion. Not to mention I have to locate Marcy later.

Dante: Very well then. In the meantime, I wanted to thank you.....For pulling me out of that battle when you did. If you hadn't then I probably would've been dead.

Kitara: Is this you going soft on me, Dante?

Dante: Well given how much of a burden I've been to you over the years, I think it's only fair that I show my gratitude for your help. I don't think I would've last this long without you.

(Upon hearing this, Kitara can't help but smile as she has never seen this side of Dante before.)

Kitara: Come on. We have a race to finish.

Dante: Okay then. Try to watch your step next time. I won't be saving you again.

Kitara: I'll keep that in mind. Let's go!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

562K 16.8K 37
⚠️ Cussing ⚠️blood/gore ⚠️lemon you're put in the story , you're not a murderer but a sacrifice with rachel . Will you keep your sanity through it al...
313 15 18
You didn't belong in the rich houses, big puffy dresses, you didn't deserve to marry a rich man, or go to big parties! You deserved the home you grew...
20.7K 643 37
Terrible things happen to good people. Such is the world we live in. It doesn't matter who or what you are, sometimes there's no avoiding despair. T...
123 59 25
The world was peaceful for a long time and it was maintained that way because of one sacrifice of a large family. Harmony was prevalent, and peace se...