Hidden Angel

Writerclouds द्वारा

Marinette Dupain-Cheng, others know her as a girl. She was a kind and beautiful human girl to others. What th... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Christmas Special
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Christmas Special 2
Chapter 34
Chapter 35

Chapter 15

1.9K 77 15
Writerclouds द्वारा

(I tried searching for the pictures I wanted but couldn't find any so, here is a picture of the bat family relaxing in the couch, it has some relation at the end of this chapter)

Damian's POV

We were dismissed early today, since me, Marinette and Jon finished a project that we had to do in class early, with an hour to spare. Which I am proud of, while Jon and Marinette were happy. As of right now, we are walking to the school entrance.

"Why don't we hang out?" Jon suggested, as we walked out of the classroom.

"Its been a while since we last did and we've got spare time before we actually go home" Jon continued, getting excited.

Marinette spoke, "Sure" Marinette smiled and I nodded my head to which Jon was ecstatic.

"Where would we be going?" Marinette questioned while looking at me and Jon.

"Well, I haven't thought about that yet" Jon answered truthfully to which I mentally facepalm.

"Whatever you like, I'll follow whatever you choose." Me and Jon looked at each other.

"The mall?" Jon piped up and Marinette nodded while I pondered on it.

I don't prefer the mall. Its normally crowded with people and too public. Just this once, though.

I reluctantly nodded Jon beamed happily and Marinette smiled, as we all walked heading towards the mall. Though I guess if I went just this once nothing would happen right?

Wrong. I should've known. Currently, there is a hostage situation in the mall. We were eating and talking when an explosion went off, me, Jon and Marinette felt the blow from it while we stand our ground, unmoving. Others does have an impact, some fell to the ground and some injured.

Third Person POV

All the while, people screamed in panic and ran around, it was purely chaotic. Damian and Jon shared a look, discreetly. Though Marinette took notice of.

Jon spoke up, "Come on Marinette. We need to hide. There's an attack right now" He grabbed her wrist as he dragged her while Damian strayed away and disappeared from the crowd.

"Jon, where is Damian?" Marinette asked and Jon looked at her.

"Oh him? He's probably hiding somewhere or maybe he went home. I'm not sure. But he's going to be fine" Jon dismissed and kept walking.

Marinette noticed his lie, he isn't that good at it. Some would fall for it but not her. She is skilled in reading people, since she needed in her jobs especially when spotting lies and liars. His lie wasn't that convincing. Finally they halted and took cover. She was able to see the situation from the distance to which she is relief.

He spoke up, "I'm staying here with you. I'll keep you safe" She nodded her head. Though could he fight? Maybe, I'm not sure, we'll probably see him in action soon. I think it got to do with the share look. I'll find out soon enough.

The dust and rubble finally cleared and they saw the Riddler and his goons. Marinette was curious and watched attentively from her spot. The Joker spoke up, "Citizens of Gotham! I'm Joker!"

"Joker!?"

Maeinette spoke up, "I thought he attack often?"

"Yeah, but Joker is one of the dangerous criminals here"

"Oh, that's not good" He nodded his head.

"So you need to stay hidden" I realized that he said me only, how about him?

The goons were talking people into hostage while people were panicking, running and screaming.

He was walking around and he saw a little girl. He approached the little girl that was shaking.

She stood up from her spot and ran towards the poor girl.

While Jon shouted her to come back which she didn't listen. She was too mad that Joker was saying saying attack a little girl. She blocked the girl from Joker.

As his smile increased, "Who's this brave young lady!"

"You don't need to know" She replied firmly which surprised Joker. Marinette was too mad to care that she stood up to Joker, he was going to hurt this innocent little girl.

But his smile increased, he liked the confidence from the girl. "Oh really? Do you know who I am?"

"Who doesn't?"

"Your not wrong"

Silence filled the room and Joker raised his eyebrows, anticipating her answer, "So?"

"What?" She asked confused.

"Do you know me?" He asked exasperated.

"A homicidal clown who wants his audience to laugh but couldn't" She replied truthfully as he was surprised by her answer.

"It isn't true"

"Yeah, that's the truth I've heard"

"Who do you think you are?"

"A girl" She stated the obvious.

"Urgh, your not fun!"

"I am just answering your questions. I guess you don't have the humor to understand it"

"You are saying that I don't have any humor?" He said, with with some angered laced in.

"Yeah, you don't have the humor, that's why you couldn't make people laugh and resorted to killing innocent lives" She said lacing with sarcasm.

"You think your so smart? Well you aren't"

"What? I never said that, do you have hearing problems now?"

While some people in the room was holding their laughs but some laughs escaped. Joker was mad and amused at the same time.

"You think you're so funny aren't you?"

"Not really, I just think I have a better humor than you, I suppose" She shrugged.

"You child!"

"As a matter of fact, I am an adult"

"Wait what?!" He looked at her petite figure and was surprised by her answer.

"How old are you lady?!"

"Old enough to be an adult" 

He asked curious, "Who are you?"

"A person"

"Your name!"

"You could've said so"

"I did ask you multiple of times already!" He said exasperated.

"Really? You should be more specific."

"Do you know who you are talking to?"

"A homicidal clown, who doesn't have enough humor"

"Not true! But my name!" He exclaimed annoyed.

"You could've said so, Jack" She said emphasizing the Jack.

"What? That's not my name you idiot!?" He brushed off.

"Well, it's your name all right. It's stated on your birth certificate"

He was speechless and stuttered, "H-how do you know t-that?"

"Well, I found it out in the internet" She shrugged.

"Impossible" He said that thought out loud, as she shook her head.

"It is possible, you just have to search it properly."

"Your not from here are you?" He stated, as she raised an amused brow.

"And who said I am? Never mentioned it"

Meanwhile,

Damian called the Batcave while running to find a spot to change into Robin. It picked up immediately.

"Master Damian?" Alfred answered.

"There is an attack in the mall, Joker and his goons. It's a hostage situation. Send some help immediately" Damian said while Alfred hummed in response and typing furiously in the computer.

"I have informed them all. Batman and Red Robin are on their way. Nightwing said he'll be there. And Red Hood hasn't responded" Alfred replied.

"Good, I'll change into Robin and I'll meet them on the roof" Damian said shortly and ended the call. He found a spot and changed into Robin.

Batman, Red Robin and Robin landed on the spot at the same time. They all shared a nod and Robin filled them in.

"I know who you are now" Joker stated while Marinette raised her an eyebrow.

"You were the one who stood up to Edward or known as Riddler. I've heard about you"

"Hmm..."

"I was curious of you. I didn't expect that you were here. But I am definitely am impressed by you" While Marinette crossed her arms.

"You are quite fun. Nobody had ever defy me before. It's better than I expected, it's fun" He thought out loud and smiled.

"I declare you Gotham's Angel! You are brave enought to stand up to me and Edward, you also protected that little girl, you have a good heart. Whoever mess with her messes with me!"

Just as he said that, he signaled the goons to retreat, the hostage left unharmed as the bats landed.

Joker saw them and smiled. "Hello Bats" He greeted happily.

"Joker?" Batman answered, wary of his unexpected happy mood.

"I'm leaving! And if you mess with her your dead" He pointed towards Marinette and left before Batman could say anything else.

Batman was speechless, and Red Robin too. While Robin was deep in thoughts. He did watch some of the exchange.

While Marinette was making sure that the girl was fine. She turned to look at the little girl.

"Thank you Ms!"

Marinette crouched and hugged the little girl. "Your welcome. Are you okay?"

She nodded and gave her a bright smile. "Yes, thank you for helping me"

"Its no problem, you were so brave!"

"Wait, here" She reached in her bag and gave her two pieces of chocolate chip cookies she made for Tikki, she hope she doesn't mind sharing with the little girl that just went through a traumatic event.

She gave the cookie to the little girl and she ate it. "Its delicious!" She beamed at her and she smiled.

"What's your name?"

"Lily" She said while munching on her second cookie.

"Mine is Marinette. So, where's your mom?"

"She was buying some food and asked me to stay in my chair"

She carried the girl and looked around for her mother.

"Lily! Lily! Where are you?" A lady shouted frantically.

Marinette approached the lady. "Ms, is this your daughter?"

She turned and looked at them, especially the child in her arms. She sighed in relief and nodded frantically. Marinette gave her Lily. The lady hugged Lily tightly.

"Oh, I was so worried! Joker almost got to you!" The Lady spoke up.

"He almost did! Until Marinette helped me and gave me some cookies!" She beamed happily and the lady turned towards Marinette.

"Thank you so much for protecting Lily from Joker!" Marinette gave them a smile.

"No, it's not a problem, I am just happy to help" She was happy after witnessing Lily reuniting with her mother, it was a beautiful moment.

"I guess you are Marinette, which she's talking about and the person who protected her" and she nodded as her reply.

"I'm Lily's mother, Hannah"

After Lily's mother kept thanking her, she walked away from the happy mother and daughter duo.

Meanwhile with the Batfamily,

"That was so cool!?" Red Hood said out of nowhere.

"Red Hood, you were here the whole time?" Batman asked bewildered.

"Yeah, of course! I wouldn't miss that for the world! It was awesome!" As he drop in front of the other bats.

"You should've seen it! So cool!"

"Seen what?" Red Robin asked confused.

"The heated talk between Joker and Marinette!"

"Marinette had heated match with who?!"

"Joker himself!" While the other three Bats were horrified from the news and looked around for Marinette.

"Is she safe? Or did he kill her?"

"Yeah, where is she?"

"There she is" Robin pointed towards her, who was with a little girl and they all sighed in relief.

"What happened?" Red Robin asked.

"You can see from the cctv" While Batman mentally noted to watch the cctv of the event later in the Batcave.

"Red Hood" Batman said in a warning tone.

"Geez, well, Joker was going to a little girl and Marinette blocked him after he almost grabbed the girl. She stood up to him and protected the girl from Joker and they had a heated talk until Joker declared she was Gotham's Angel"

They were surprised at the new information and was still processing it.

When Red Robin spoke up,  "Gotham's Angel?"

"Hey, what did I missed, and what about Gotham's Angel?" Nightwing dropped in.

"Well, basically she's protected by Joker and if you mess with her, you mess with him."

"What?!" The two bats exclaimed while Batman and Robin are surprised.

"Yeah, even if I dislike Joker, making her Gotham's Angel is a great choice!" Red Hood exclaimed amazed.

"Who's Gotham Angel declared by Joker?"

"Marinette"

"What?!" Nightwing looked around frantically and sighed in relief when she saw Marinette, unharmed and alive.

"I am just out of words"

"Yeah, Joker just declared Marinette as Gotham's Angel"

"That's the first"

"Couldn't believe it, he did that. Joker, it's something I never saw it coming, especially from him!"

"Well, let's make sure Marinette is fine" Batman said as he walked towards Marinette and the other bats followed.

"Hello Ms" Nightwing greeted.

"Nightwing, Batman" She turned around to look at the Bats.

'He sounds familiar' She thought.

"It's hasn't been a while, nice seeing you again"

"And you were in both events" Batman stated.

"Well, its purely coincidental, it just happen where I am at that moment. It's not as if I wanted to be part of it, I ended up in it and ending it"

'She's not wrong' Batman thought.

"Well, what happen Ms"

"You already know my name, I suppose you all know it. You basically all work with him" She pointed towards Batman.

"You aren't wrong" Red Hood shrugged.

She sighed. "Marinette"

"Marinette, what happen?"

"You already had the rundown with Red Hood and you can check the cctv or asked other civilian"

"Well, we heard you were the one facing Joker" He said with a hint of surprisement.

"I am just surprised as you are. I wish I could help you, I really do. I don't think I can explain the event. I just need some time to process today's events. My mind is full of thoughts right now"

'I just wanted to spend some time with my friends and look how it ended up again' She mumbled but the bats heard it. The Bats looked at Robin and he shrugged and went back looking at her.

"Well.." Nightwing was cut off when a crowd walked pass them and Marinette disappeared.

"Where did she go!?"

"She's gone!"

"She's good"

"Where is she?"

Marinette decided to go home after she had met the Bats, she didn't want to et interrogated more further. She texted Damian and Jon that she went home.

She just have a lot to think about.
The batfamily were interrogating the witnesses and dealing with the police.

Some Extra ;)

The batboys chilling in the living room when Jason suddenly exclaimed, "Gotham's Angel!"

Tim spoke up, "Yeah"

"I still couldn't believe it" Dick answered.

"Especially Joker doing it" Jason added.

"Yeah, never expected it" Tim spoke.

"Yeah, now that I think about it, even though I hate Joker, it's actually fitting!"

"Hmm, Marinette Gotham's Angel. Yeah, I agree" Tim thought out loud.

Dick spoke up, "She's a literal Angel!"

"Yeah, and she could fight! That's a  plus!" Jason added.

"I suppose"

"And you missed it. It was awesome! You missed the coolest battle ever"

"Yeah, I wish I saw it"

"Me too"

"Who said I didn't?" Damian spoke up, as the other three brother snapped their heads towards him.

"What?!" They exclaimed at the same time, which creeped him a bit.

"You did?!" Jason asked.

"Yes, I was the one who informed you about the attack. Didn't Alfred said that?"

They all look at him sheepishly and he sighed annoyed.

"I saw some exchange and I got to admit, it was impressive"

The three others brother looked at him wide eyes.

"What that isn't fair! You both saw it"

"Yeah"

"Why didn't you tell us earlier"

"I really wanted to see it"

"Well, you didn't ask"

"Okay, and why didn't you inform us earlier about the attack!"

"I did, when he first attacked, I went to inform Alfred immediately.  You all weren't the one who came sooner. If you did, you would've seen it" He stated smugly. And the brothers started bickering.

A few minutes later,

"Masters, you do know you could watch the exchange from the cctv recordings in the batcomputer" Alfred stated with a hint of amusement while they looked at him, struck in realization.

Dick spoke up, "Why didn't you say sooner!"

"Yeah, why didn't I thought about it. Let's go! I want to see it!" Tim said.

"Me too, I want to see it again!" Jason said excited.

"I suppose I want to see the full exchange" Damian spoke.

As the batboys rush to the batcave to watch the cctv. Alfred was watching them with a smile.

They actually watch it and Bruce joined too and they all were amazed by it!

"Awesome!"

"Marinette actually stood up to Joker and protected the little girl"

"She protected the girl from Joker"

"So Brave! That's nice of her!"

"Why didn't you tell us about that?"

"I did told you in the rundown"

"I guess but you didn't think protecting the little girl was good?"

"Uh, it slipped since the battle between Marinette and Joker"

"Marinette is officially Gotham's Angel!"

"Yeah, it suit her. She's brave and kind!"

"I suppose"

"Hmm, impressive"

"I couldn't agree more"

They had many other similar comments.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

Devastating OliJo315 द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

1M 25.8K 50
Disclaimer- I don't own the characters they belong to Zagg and DC Daminette: School Trip Those who know of him, think of Damian Wayne as the cold and...
32.7K 894 22
Hey my lovelies! I'm back with yet another Daminette Fanfic because that's all I write about. This story - And I'm not trying to spoil anything for...
4.2K 169 9
Story title changed from Daminette: Thank You, My Love to Daminette: The New Student. ••••••••••••• Damian was getting more violent, and as a part of...
17.2K 721 26
- Marinette is on scholarship in Gotham. - She has her own coffee shop and she works there with her friends. - Marinette is a rogue 'vigilante' and...