Why Me || T. Oikawa

By RinkRat0

Tooru Oikawa appeared perfect on the surface. A pretty face, who was a volleyball star, got along perfectly w... More

Chapter 1: Whats So Special About Him?
Chapter 2: Oikawa Plays Volleyball!?
Chapter 3: Late Night Snack
Chapter 4: This is Who You Really Are F/n L/n
Chapter 5: So That's How it's Gonna Be
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: Unexpected Meetings
Chapter 8: Feelings
Chapter 9: Manager!?
Chapter 10: First Day
Chapter 11: Hang Out
Chapter 12: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 3)
Chapter 15: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Finals)
Chapter 16: Aftermath
Chapter 17: Careers
Chapter 18: First-Year Manager
Chapter 19: Fukurōdani Academy!?
Chapter 20: Mad Dog
Chapter 21: Beach Vacation (Part 1)
Chapter 22: Beach Vacation (Part 2)
Chapter 23: Sleepovers
Chapter 24: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 1)
Chapter 25: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 2)
Chapter 26: Shiritorzawa vs. Karasuno
Chapter 27: Mia Fujisaki
Chapter 28: Divisions
Chapter 29: I'm Sorry...
Chapter 30: Sick Day
Chapter 31: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 32: A Dysfunctional Christmas
Chapter 33: New Years'!
Chapter 34: A Failed Confession
Chapter 35: Finding Y/n
Chapter 36: Shiritorizawa
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: First Date
Chapter 39: Chaos
Chapter 41: Graduation And Goodbyes
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!!

Chapter 40: The End Is Nearing

2.3K 104 46
By RinkRat0

⚠️MANGA SPOILERS⚠️

No POV:

   How do I tell her? 

   Will she be angry? Or worse, sad? 

   Will I hurt her? 

   She's been so happy lately. I don't want to ruin that. 

   But I have to tell her.

   "You feeling okay, Tooru? You've been kind of spacy all day," You state, putting down your chopsticks. 

   Oikawa came over to eat dinner with you and your father. The whole time he's been stressing about how to tell you his plans after high school. Third-years are leaving in two weeks, so his time's running short. 

   Oikawa smiles in your direction. "I'm great, Shorty-chan! Just tired is all," Oikawa exclaims, causing you to raise an eyebrow. 

   You can tell he's hiding something from you but decide to let it go. "Alright," You respond, sadness in your tone, continuing to eat. 

~~~~

   "You're going to have to tell her eventually. Just get it over with. The sooner you tell her, the better for all involved," Iwaizumi lectures, taking a seat next to his friend and handing him a cup of water. 

   Everyone, minus you, is at Iwaizumi's house and is basically lecturing Oikawa about being an idiot, so nothing out of the norm. 

   "Ugh, I know, I know, it's just, how am I suppose to tell her without hurting her?" Oikawa asks, pulling at his brown locks. 

   Ami sighs at his words. "Oikawa, you're going to hurt her no matter what, but it's better than not telling her at all," She states, patting the boy on the back. 

   "You're right," He agrees, releasing his grasp on his hair, though he's still hesitant. 

   Ami smiles at the boy, slapping him on the back. "That's the spirit! Then when you're gone, F/n-chan can be all mine again!" She exclaims, causing Iwazumi to sigh. 

   "Why don't you tell her tonight? Her dad's supposed to be out on a business trip, so it's perfect timing," Makki offers, entering the room, meat buns in his hands. 

   "Yeah," Oikawa agrees, looking at the floor, anxiety creeping into him. 

~~~~

   You yawn, turning off all the lights in your apartment and making sure to close the window, not wanting to wake up with Ami or your boyfriend sleeping next to you. 

   After you brush your teeth and get changed, you hop into bed, exhausted from studying all day.  You curl up to your mountain of pillows and blankets, slowly drifting off to sleep.  

   But just before you can fully fall asleep, an obnoxious knock can be heard from the door. 

   Your eyes shoot open, throwing the blankets off of you and jumping out of bed. You throw one of your pillows onto the ground, muttering, "Why the fuck do people always pick 11 at night to come over. Inconsiderate jack asses." 

   Stomping out of your room and into the hall, your swing the door open, revealing your lovely boyfriend. 

   "Wow, Shorty-chan, you look nice~," Oikawa flirts, looking you up and down. 

   You're wearing the hoodie that Oikawa gave you a while back, with spandex underneath. 

   You blush due to embarrassment, pulling the hoodie down in an attempt to hide your legs. "W-What are you doing here, Tooru?" You ask, looking to the side. 

   The shine in Oikawa's eyes disappears at your question, remembering what he has to do. With all his strength, he tells himself not to cry.

   "I have something important I need to tell you. Can I come in?" The brown-haired boy asks, taking a step closer to you.   

   "Oh, sure," You respond, opening the door wider so the boy can get through. 

   He walks in, taking his shoes off, and enters your kitchen, sitting at the table. You quickly follow behind, sitting across from him. 

      "So what's up?" You speak, looking the boy in the eyes, a serious expression on your face. 

   Oikawa gulps, balling his hands into fists. "I'll cut to the chase... I won't be going to Tokyo University with you, Iwaizumi, and Ami," Oikawa says, trying his best to maintain eye contact with you. 

   Though, all you do is look at him like he's a complete idiot. "Well, no shit, Sherlock. You didn't turn in an application when the rest of us did, and it's a little late to do it now," You state with an unimpressed expression. 

   That's not what I'm trying to tell you...

   Oikawa falters, turning his gaze to the table, unable to look at you. "F/n...that's not what I mean," He says, heart racing. 

   "Huh? Then what do you mean?" You inquire, tilting your head to the side, completely clueless. 

   Oikawa takes a deep breath before he speaks, working up all his courage. "F/n... I- I'm leaving," He stutters, cursing himself. 

   "Leaving what?" 

   "...Japan," Oikawa mutters, but you hear him clearly. 

   Your body freezes as time ceases to exist. Body beginning to tremble uncontrollably underneath you. "W-What?" You mutter.

   "A week after graduation, I'll be going to Argentina. I want to join their volleyball team. And I don't intend to come back for years if ever," Oikawa informs you, his heart calming down as a weight is lifted from his chest. 

   When the boy looks up at you, he freezes, sorrow lacing itself in his veins.  

   "T-That's amazing, Tooru. I'm so happy for you," You stutter, giving him a closed-eyed smile, body still shaking. 

   "F/n..."

   "Y-You're going t-to do great a-and become the greatest s-setter in the world." 

   Oikawa's gaze softens. "Please...don't cry for me."  

   "What are you talking about? I'm not cryin-," You begin, but when you place your hand below your eye, you feel tears coating it. "I-" 

   While you're stuck in shock, you don't realize that Oikawa had come around the table and taken a seat next to you until you feel his hands cup your cheeks, wiping away the tears. 

   On instinct, you latch onto the boy, shoving your face in his chest, crying your heart out. 

   If it wasn't for my injury, I could follow him. 

   Oikawa wraps his arms around you, silently listening to your sobs. He brings his forehead down, burying it in your hair, a few tears escaping his eyes. 

   He never wanted to say goodbye to you, but volleyball has always been his priority, and it wouldn't be fair of him to ask you to follow. Even though, right now, he wants to take it all back, saying he'd stay with you forever and hold you while you fall asleep every night for the rest of your lives. But now, that's nothing but a fairytale. 

   Oikawa pushes your hair back, kissing you on the forehead. 

   When he pulls away, you grab him by the shirt and pull him back down, crashing your lips onto his. Your arms wrap around the back of his neck, afraid of what will happen when you let go.  

   When you were at your lowest, Oikawa was there. He looked after you, took care of you, saved you...and now he's going away. 

   Oikawa kisses you back, wrapping his hands around your waist, pulling you so close to him that you're practically sitting on his lap. 

   You were the first girl to ever see through his facade, and you were also the first to accept him for who he really is. On top of all that, you were the only person to ever fall for the real him. Oikawa cares for you in a way that he can't possibly care for anyone else. 

   You and Oikawa pull away from each other to breathe. 

   "You should go to sleep now," Oikawa says, putting you back down on your seat and getting up, a dark blush covering his features.

   As Oikawa's about to turn around and leave, you shoot up out of your chair, grabbing him by the shirt, preventing him from moving. "Please, I know it's selfish...but stay with me, just for tonight, and the rest of the time we have together," You plead, desperation in your gaze.

   Oikawa looks over his shoulder at you, turning around and embracing you. "Of course, Shorty-chan," He says, using your nickname, but his tone is still serious. 

  You're not the selfish one here, F/n. 

   You get Oikawa a change of clothes. 

   When he's done getting dressed, he enters your room, finding you gazing hopelessly out the window and gazing at the night full of stars.  

   "Where are your extra blankets?" Oikawa asks, expecting to sleep on the couch. 

   You turn your gaze to him, then back out the window. "You can sleep with me if you want," You state. 

   Oikawa silently chuckles at your wording, a smirk finding its way to his lips. "That's quite the invitation, Shorty. I'd say yes, but I don't think you could handle me," Oikawa flirts, approaching the bed and putting his hands on both sides of you. 

   You blush furiously, realizing how that sounded. "T-That's not what I meant, and you know it!" You yell, cursing yourself for stuttering.  

   "Whatever you say," Oikawa teases, his face only inches from yours, but he pulls back, hopping in on the other side of the bed. 

   "Hmph," You sound, getting under the covers and turning away from him. 

   Oikawa smiles at this, glad that your back to being difficult. He grabs you by the waist and pulls you into his chest. 

   You blush at his actions but turn around, so you're facing him. Burying your head in his chest, he protects your small figure with his strong arms. 

   Soon the two of you fall fast asleep, comforted by each other's warmth. 

~~~~

   Your eyes flutter open, the light from outside the window pulling you from your slumber. When you shift, you realize a warmth that had been beside you all night is missing. 

   You shoot up, standing on the bed in distress. 

   Did he leave? 

   Your heart aches as you scan the room, not seeing Oikawa. Jumping down, you sprint to your bedroom door, swinging it open. 

   When you do, you find a startled brown-haired boy standing there, holding a plate in his hand. 

   "F/n, what's wrong?" He inquires, his free hand brushing strands of your hair out of your face. Blushing at his actions, you punch him in the stomach, taking a sigh of relief. 

   Oikawa hunches over, letting out a huff, holding his stomach with his free arm. 

   "I thought you left... a-and I kinda started freaking out," You admit, stumbling over your words. 

   Oikawa looks at you with a soft expression, pulling you into a hug. "I wouldn't leave without telling you. I was only making you breakfast," Oikawa assures. 

   You look up at him with a distressed expression. "Is my kitchen okay?" You ask, causing Oikawa to scoff, letting go of you and taking a step back. 

   "You don't have any faith in me, do you, Shorty-chan? It's fine," The boy huffs, crossing his arms and pouting. 

   You roll your eyes at his antics. "What'd you make?" 

   Oikawa smiles at your question, holding out the plate to you. You take it from his grasp, looking intently at the dish. 

   All of a sudden, you start giggling. 

   "HEY!! Why are you laughing!! It looks delicious!" Oikawa whines but stops when he sees your joyful smile, growing confused. 

   "You didn't set it on fire this time," You state, looking up from the plate that has two fried eggs placed on it. 

   Oikawa's eyes widen, understanding what you're referring to. "I guess I didn't," He responds, smiling down at you.

   I can't believe you still remember that. 

~~~~

Hello, my beautiful readers!! I hope you enjoyed this chapter. I'm sorry that it was a bit on the shorter side. The rest of the story will also contain manga spoilers, but I'll still let you know at the beginning of each chapter. Thank you for reading, and I'll see you in the next one!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.7K 1.4K 30
When you fall in love, it feels like nothing else matters in this world. Love is like a drug and feels like you're floating in a cruel world we live...
15.3K 530 11
She never attends class and has no friends. She does her work but is never seen. She's never had much social interaction and yet she falls in love...
15.5K 338 24
"𝗬𝗼𝘂'𝗿𝗲 𝘀𝗼 𝗮𝗻𝗻𝗼𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴" ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ ➪ l/n Y/n used to be neighbors with the one and only Tooru Oikawa. For being...
12.3K 651 25
"Can I entrust you with my future?" oikawa x reader cover by: 蒼井 in pixiv summary: (f/n) is an unknown writer and artist, and oikawa tooru is her fan...