1991

By AnaisSeverson

A completely fictitious, made-up story set in an authentic version of 1991, where 21 year old student Sam is... More

1991 part 1
1991 part 2
1991 part 3
1991 Part 4*
1991 part 5
1991 part 6
1991 Part 7
1991 Part 8
1991 Part 9*
1991 Part 10
1991 Part 11
1991 Part 12
1991 Part 13
1991 Part 14
1991 Part 15
1991 Part 16*
1991 Part 17*
1991 Part 18*
1991 Part 19
1991 Part 20
1991 Part 21
1991 Part 22
1991 Part 23
1991 Part 24
1991 Part 25
1991 Part 26
1991 Part 28
1991 Part 29
1991 Part 30
1991 Part 31
1991 Part 32
1991 Part 33
1991 Part 34
1991 Part 35
1991 Part 36
1991 Part 37
1991 Part 38
1991 Part 39
1991 Part 40
1991 Part 41
1991 Part 42
1991 Part 43
1991 Part 44
1991 Part 45
1991 Part 46
1991 Part 47
1991 Part 48
1991 Part 49
1991 Part 50*

1991 Part 27

683 22 22
By AnaisSeverson

"We can put him to bed if you guys help me," Kirst says impatiently. As soon as Jeff and Eddie dragged Stone into the lounge she'd jumped up from Kev's lap. Now it seems she's past caring and just wants him out of the way. 

"Don't be too hard on him Kirst, he's not done it on purpose," I try telling her. I think back to what Stone told me earlier, when we talked right before we kissed, how he feels weird about his and Kirst's relationship. He said the exact thing she complained about herself, that it was too serious too fast. It's obvious he's letting off steam, just like she is by sitting on Kev's lap. Problem is there's no way I can let them know they're both having the same thoughts without letting her know Stone told me.

Kirst just looks at me and rolls her eyes. 

"He knew what he was doing, starting with the fucking margaritas with you," she snaps.

"Hey, this isn't the result of the margaritas Kirst, look at him for fucks sake!"

Stone is now staring at a light bulb like it's the holy grail. 

"I don't think he knew this would happen, Jeff said he thought it was probably Dave's fault," I add. I haven't forgotten that Dave is the one who suggested Eddie was fucking Beth in an alleyway. I've got no loyalty to him.

"Dave! Dave!" Kirst starts shrieking across the room at Dave, who is wrapping himself around Becky like an octopus. "Do you think this is fucking funny?" Kirst points at Stone looking vacant on the sofa, her face is bright red, she is fuming. 

"Yeah, I do," Dave answers grinning unapologetically from ear to ear. Jeff and Eddie aren't helping either, Jeff is flicking bits of food at Stones head and Eddie keeps passing him random objects to hold, a candle, then a pen, then a CD, his own shoe, a cactus... Stone takes each one and examines it with a look of pure astonishment on his face.

"Yeah come on Kirst, trip-sitting is entertainment for the whole family," Jeff laughs.

Mike is the only one who seems to share Kirsty's irritation. 

"I think we should go," he yells to the others, "let Kirsty have some peace." Kirsty looks at him gratefully. Secretly I completely agree. Yes! Leave please, everyone, so Stone can't let anything slip. I trust Stone implicitly when he's sober but right now he's a liability. He absolutely would not want anyone to know if he was in his right mind, he'd be mortified. 

"I'm actually really tired," I say to no one in particular, hopeful that my hint will be picked up. To my complete surprise Kev actually does notice, which is a first. I beam at him gratefully.

"Yeah, time to hit the hay. Beck? What are your plans?" Kev asks Becky casually. I know Kev is looking out for her, especially after what happened with Nick and now with the less than gentlemanly behaviour coming from Dave. "Do you want to catch a ride with us?"

"Could I? That would be great," Becky smiles, leaving Dave looking dejected on the sofa. 

"You're leaving?" Eddie leaves Stone holding his collection of objects and comes to me. I smile up at him as he puts his hands around my waist, like he's the sun. 

"Yes, I am," I look into his blue eyes and kiss him gently.

"Well, can I come with you?" he asks quietly with a grin.

Every square inch of my body is screaming yes. 

"No, you can't," I whisper with a self restraint that would impress a nun.

 "Why not?" he mumbles petulantly, nuzzling his lips against the delicate skin on my neck and gripping my waist tightly. Every tiny hair on my arms stands to attention.

"Becau..." I close my eyes for a second and hide my face in his shoulder to compose myself, "...because you're taking me out, on a date date first," I eventually manage to reply, "...and then we'll see about staying over."

Eddie grins and kisses me slowly, squeezing me tightly to him,"a date date," he breathes, "ok, ok. If you insist." He turns and points at Stone, "we've gotta get this genius home anyway."

"Put him in Bree's room, it's fine," Kirst sighs and glares at Dave, "I'll make sure he's ok."

Thank god, I think. We're nearly there, now we just need to make sure Stone is safely tucked up in bed and I should be in the clear. Our secret will be safe.

I grab my jacket while Eddie, Jeff and Kev struggle to get Stone to a standing position. They eventually get him up and start leading him down the corridor to Bree's room. I breathe a sigh of relief, if I'm out of Stone's sight he's too wasted to even remember that anything happened. Not that much even did, it was a stupid moment of drunkenness, neither of us meant anything by it and it's definitely not worth hurting people over. I shudder at the thought of what would happen if anyone knew. The frustrating part is that it was utterly meaningless but try explaining that to Kirst and Eddie. 

Kev calls a cab and Becky collects her things, while Dave follows her around like a lost dog, hassling her for her number. I lean on the back of the sofa and wait for Eddie, I want to say goodbye again. One kiss just wasn't enough.  

"I'm sorry about snapping before Sam," Kirst says, her arms full of bottles and paper plates on the way to the kitchen. I take them off her and begin to help with the clear up, "I was just really looking forward to finally, you know having things move on with Stone, tonight was supposed to be special and now look at it." Kirst wipes her forehead and surveys the damage. 

"You want me to stay and help?" I offer, moving to take my jacket off again.

"No, no... fuck I'm not clearing up now, I'll do it in the morning."

"I'll bring coffee and help if you like," I smile at her. 

"That would be a-maze-ing! Thank you!" she laughs.  

"Er Kirst... we have a problem with Stone, can you help?" Jeff appears in the doorway, laughing, "he's scared of the Madonna's."

"Fuck's sake!" Kirst exclaims and disappears down the hallway following Jeff.

I stand in the hallway with Kev and Becky to wait for the cab while Mike and Dave sit in the lounge watching TV.

"She's fucking staring at me everywhere I go, I'm not kidding!" Stone's voice carries down the corridor. We all look at each other and snigger as we hear everyone laughing hysterically. A moment later we hear a commotion and Stone appears in the hallway, wild eyed and terrified.

"Sammmmyyyyy!" he yells as he sees me. Stupidly I catch his eye as I turn to look. Shit. Instinctively I pull my shoulders up, mutter 'fuck' under my breath and try to pull my head inside my jacket to make myself invisible. I watch in horror as Stone puts his hand in the air. It's almost in slow motion as he performs a perfect three figured salute and grins.

"Scouts promise Sammy!" he yells. Everyone sniggers and turns to look at me.

"Yep, yes, thanks Stone, you too," I reply, forcing a nervous laugh, "he's completely off his face," I remark innocently to Kev and Becky who are looking at me in amused confusion.

"Why the fuck is Stone giving you a boy scout salute?" Kev snorts. Becky starts laughing with her hand over her mouth.

"No idea Kev, no idea whatsoever," I shrug quickly trying to claim ignorance "he's really out of it isn't he? Gosh, poor Stone" I say shaking my head dramatically, "Is the cab here yet?" 

 "Do it too Sam, you have to do it too!" Stone yells, "do it, do it, do it, do it!"

"Do you think he wants you to do it Sam?" Kev says sarcastically chuckling to himself.

I exhale desperately. 

"Ok, ok, sure, yep here you go," I give Stone a three fingered salute back in the hope he'll shut the fuck up, "right back at you Stone."

"But you have to do the promise too, remember, do you remember that part, you did that part remember?" he continues. Just when I think it can't get any worse Eddie, Jeff and Kirst come out of the door behind him, laughing their heads off, no idea what's actually going on. My heart sinks.

"Ok, ok," I bring three fingers to my head and salute Stone at the other end of the hallway, "I promise," I say with gritted teeth, "cab Kev? Is it here, is the fucking cab here?" I hiss desperately.

"What the fuck?" Eddie is practically bent double laughing.

"Sam? What are you doing?" Kirst giggles looking confused.

"Er...it's nothing, Stone and I..."

"Scrunch, my name is Scrunch remember," Stone corrects me.

"Sorry, er, Scrunch and I were just messing around before that's all, we were fucked up and you know..." I babble desperate to get this conversation finished and out of here as quickly as fucking possible, "ok well we're going now, so we'll see you guys.." 

"Sam was a girl scout, like me!" Stone yells.

"Well no, actually I wasn't, we were just joking before..." 

"Fucking hell!" Jeff wipes his eyes on the sweat band on his wrist, his face is purple from laughing.

"Cabs here," Kev says suddenly and relief pours over me like a waterfall. Kev opens the door for us to leave. I breathe the sweet night air and turn to walk out the door...

"We solemnly swear as a Girl Scouts of America that we won't tell anyone we kissed. That's what we said, right Sam?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.8K 638 140
Ω‡Ψ°Ψ§ Ω‡Ωˆ ΩƒΨͺΨ§Ψ¨ أسراري ! πŸ’ '𝙄 π™π™–π™«π™š 𝙣𝙀 π™¨π™šπ™˜π™§π™šπ™©π™¨. 𝙄 𝙖𝙒 𝙖𝙣 𝙀π™₯π™šπ™£ 𝙗𝙀𝙀𝙠. π˜Όπ™£ 𝙀π™₯π™šπ™£ 𝙗𝙀𝙀𝙠 𝙀𝙛 π™šπ™­π™©π™§π™–π™«π™–π™œπ™–π™£π™© 𝙬𝙝𝙀�...
376 20 13
During the height of the Grunge explosion, two naΓ―ve best friends infiltrate various events in LA, including the infamous "Singles" premiere in an at...
6.4K 111 39
Emelia Davis was living her fantasy. She lived in San Diego with her best friend and big time crush Eddie Vedder. He taught her to surf, to sing, and...
8.1K 192 10
When Pearl Jam does a show in Hollywood, Eddie Vedder meets Justine Belloti, a biracial shy college student with a love for music whom he's instantl...