The Missing Sloan

By gilllgirl123

Eden Abbott is in the last year of her internship at seattle Grace hospital, in her head she would finsih thi... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49

50

1.2K 14 1
By gilllgirl123

Eden was standing in front of the mirror running her hands down the side of her dress adoring it.

"You look so beautiful" simon beamed at his daughter he couldnt belive this day had come around he felt like it was only yetserday he met her and now shes all grown up ready to start a new chapter of her life one that was taking her far away the furthest they had ever been from each other. He wasnt ready he was use to having her close by.

"You know Mark came with me when i went dress shopping" Eden started to tell the story.
"Did he?" Simon already knew as mark called him to tell him how gorgeous Eden looked but he could tell Eden needed to tell the story.

"I was going to ask Mama  but he asked if i would go suit shopping with his because he need to look beyound handsome as the brode"
"Brode?" Simon questioned, Eden smally laughed.
"Brother of the bride he made it up"
"Of course he did"

"He then sugeested that we could go wedding dress shopping and suit shopping get it all done, it was my way of dropping the bombshell that i had 6 interviews at the most prostieguous plastics programmes he couldnt get cross with me in a wedding dress right?"
"Did he?"
"Nearly. I put this dress on immediatly knowing it was the one i came out to show him and he, he, his reaction was different but a good different he was blown away so as we were admiring me in the mirror i dropped the bombshell he started to say go ho spread your wings you look great then realised what i said and well made sure seattle was in the mix which it was" Eden smiled at the last day she spent with her brother.

"So what was suit shopping like?"
"Stress full. He tried on more suits than i did dresses, well it didnt help that when we were looking i told him he needed to find a suit that matched the bridesmaids dress, i aske him if he would be my maid of honour he didnt answer just hugged me crying he was so happy" Eden then could feel herself getting upset the story then came to end.

"Oh dad i wish he was here" Eden sighed.
"I know sweetie but i can tell you hes watching theres no way he would miss this" Simon reassured her hugging her.

"I keep expecting him to burst through that door telling me to hurry up, to stop crying. Last night kept expecting him to jump in my bed spending the night in my room waking me up at the crack of dawn. Even though it would have been annoying i wish he got to do that" Eden continued.
"I know sweetie."

There was a gentle knock at the door of the bridal room  in came Cristina and Meredith in their bridesmaids dresses with Derek following behind them with a surprise for Eden but she didnt notice it at all.

"Wheres April, did the dress fit? Is she okay? Is it okay thats shes in Lexies place" Eden fired questioned as they walked into the room in awe of her in her dress, Derek was speechless he had known her her whole life to him she was still the 3 year old that forced him and mark to dress up like princess and have a tea party but she wasnt not anymore, he couldnt believe it. He wishes Mark could be here, to see her in her dress, to see her marry her love, to see her first dance. Derek wanted to listen to Mark constantly say my baby sister is all grown up I dont like but his words were shouting in Dereks head when he saw Eden in her dress.

"Shes fine, the dress fits, she did our hair so now doing hers she will be ready. Lexie wouldnt have wanted you to be a bridesmaid down" Meredith softly told her walking to her side.

"How are you feeling?" Meredith asked
"Do you need to run, my cars really fast" Cristina addes
"Cristina" Everyone in the room scolded.
"No no im fine im ready to Marry the love of my life" Eden smiled, Cristina took a step to Merediths side reaveling Derek and the surprise Eden just stood there taking it in.

"Thats thats Marks suit" Edens said emotionly.
"He instructed me to wear it, if he couldnt be here in person he wanted me to be him for you. I hope thats okay?" Derek explained
"Of course it is, you are as much of a big part of my life as my brother" Eden beamed  hugging derek, her chin landed on his shoulder and she could smell him, it was marks soft manly smell, as wierd as it seens it comforted her he was here.

"Derek you smell like him" Eden whisepred breaking the hug, ready for some weird comment or looks but it never came.
"Not surprised, poor lexie everytime they went on a date he wore that suit because he looked drop dead handsome his words well hers too" Mereidth explained smiling at the memory.

The 4 of them shared a sympathic smile hiding the pain they all shared from the crash.

"Right lets get going" Eden said getting everyone going being handed her bouquet, she spotted derek holding the charms in his hand.
"I wanted them here, i wanted them remembered" Eden explained the heart charms, one had been engraved with a M and on the back Always with us, the other engraved with a L and on the back Forever in our hands, Eden looked over at meredith smiling smally at the L heart dangling on her flowers.

"We had them made so if you want to take it you can, they can be a bracelet or a key chain or just a memory" Eden explained a little further, Mereidth sweetly smiled "thank you".

It was wedding time they all made their way down the stairs of the barn that was covered in fairy lights.
April was waiting outside of the barn doors her hands clasped around her mouth when she saw Eden.

It was time to take formation as the doors were opened, April walked down first then Cristina then Meredith.

Derek was just about to go when he was pulled back, he shot Eden a questioning loom.
"Mark was meant to walk me down the aisle please?"
"Of course" he smiled proudly as they took a step.

As her foot met the ground of the barn, the guests melted away, her heart ache was gone, the pain in her foot was gone. it was just her and Rory in the barn goofly smiling at each other as tears streamed down their faces they couldnt belive the day was here, the day they been planning for for months was finally happening then they had the rest of their lives to spend together.

The happy couple stood opposite each other nfront all of their loved ones the goofy smiles just got bigger and the ceremony began, Eden looked out to the guests, still searching for one face who she knew she wouldn't find but she did there he was standing at the back in his suit leaning up agaisnt the door way smiling proudly at her, she smiled back, the tears streaming even more now, Mark blew a kiss then was gone. He was here that was all that mattered.

All of the chairs got pushed to the side, to go round tables, a bench was bought out onto the stage to make room for the head table where sat, Cristina, April, Meredith, Derek, Simon, the happy couple, Rorys parents, Rorys best man his best friend Tom, then his two sisters.

The best man had just made his speech totally embarrassing Rory, telling the story of how he heard about Eden from day one, that on their first date the lunch date in the hospital, Rory knew then she was the one. Simon had his turn he embarrased her slightly but not as much as the best man did to Rory, he told stories of her kindness to all, her love for medicine from a young age, her big heart and the love she had for Rory.
Just the maid of honour to go.

"Hello Ladies and Gentlemen as you all probably know i wasnt originally meant to be Maid of honour that role was meant for Edens brother Mark Sloan, my best friend who we sadly lost yesterday, he wasnt sure if he would of made today he desperately wanted to be he also wanted to be prepared so he gave me his speech, if anyone knows mark he doesnt plan anything he was genuinely just going to make this up you will have to bear with me while i read this" Eden wasnt watching Derek she was just waiting to hear her brothers words but what she hadnt seen was the thumbs up Derek was hiding beside his leg for Jackson to start the next surprise.

"Oh derek sit down" A voice boomed as the barn erupted into awws behind Eden was Mark, Eden couldnt believe her eyes it was mark in his hospital bed probably they day he woke up. Que tears.

"Avery we ready. Hello everyone, Eden did you really think i would miss the chance to say my maid of honour speach.
As all of you know I am Mark sloan Edens devilishly handsome older brother.
I was 12 when Eden was born most 12 year old boys dont want a sibling let alone a sister but i was so excited to no longer be alone i didnt mind if it was a brother or sister but i secretly hoped for a sister.
I went with my mum to every appointment loving everytime we got to see the baby asking millions of questions. Then we found out it was a sister, i went home looking for baby names i had a whole list that i gave to my mum the top of the list was Eden meaning delight. And our Eden is such a delight to have in my life, yes as a small child you forced me to dress up as a princess or fairy i loved it, you would always be waiting for me on the door step when you saw the bus you would run so fastbscreaming mark. You would wake me up every morning by jumping on me. You care so much for Sofia, you steal her from us when you see her and she loves her Auntue Eden time. You love so hard and fiercely. I see that with Rory, i know i protested at the beginning im your big brother its my job but the moment you both met it was written across your face you were falling for him, it was written on his two you wouldnt stop talking about him. He was there for you even when i told him to stay away he came anyway, defying me isnt always the wisest chocie he didnt care as long a she was helping you. He supported you after losing mum and you had only been with him a few weeks, i know you can count on him.
Im sorry Eden that i have left you, out of everyone i know and care for, you and Sofia will be the two i miss the most. I wish i could stay and watch you become the best plastics surgeon the country will ever see better than me and your dad. Im sorry i wont get to met my future, very future okay Rory! Neice and nephews, i know you will be an amazing mum. If its a nephew Mark better be in there some where.
I love you Eden. Enjoy the rest of your day and you look gorgeous" Mark stopped talking as the room was filled with sniffles, Eden was streaming she couldnt believe she got to see her brother on her wedding day he was truly there, Mark stayed on the screen awkwardly sitting there.

"Are you finished?" Jackson said from beind the camera.
"THE END"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5K 51 9
A new resident appears at Seattle grace and her name is Aurora Quinn. throughout her time at Seattle grace she makes new friends and falls in love wi...
346K 8.7K 41
Jade's life had never been perfect and she figured it never would be. A new start in Seattle was just the change she needed, she just wasn't expectin...
4.2K 142 17
⎯⎯Greys Anatomy INTERN🩻🥼🩺 𝗜𝗡 𝗪𝗛𝗜𝗖𝗛 a group of 6 start internship at Seattle grace and get more than they hoped for. DEREK SHEPHERD X READE...
62.2K 960 45
Rachel Lopez finally makes it out of Ohio all the way to Seattle to become a doctor at Seattle Grace. She soon realizes this hospital is not like the...