CONTENDER ✔

Oleh Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... Lebih Banyak

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
11: Ache
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

16: New boss

7.5K 512 123
Oleh Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

"You should be getting going to your new departments now. Their heads will guide you for the work." Mr. Park cheered and went back to his office.

"So, you're going there with me," Minho stated in his cold tone while placing his things in a box. Taehyung sighed but then he noticed what the other said.

"You're going to the financial department as well?" Minho frowned and stopped his hands.

"You didn't hear that?" Taehyung rubbed his already aching head and got up as well to pack his things.

"Taehyung?" Semie called the boy with a sad pout who smiled lightly and waved his hand.

"Don't worry, we will meet every day ok? No worries." She said and leaned forward to his ear.

"If that jerk gives you a hard time, tell me, we can spike his drinks and he will be found dancing in the parking lot." She whispered her evil thoughts in his ear finally making him smile at the silliness.

"Now, go.. see you at lunch break." She leaned back and nodded her head while winking. Minho scoffed at the sight while Taehyung felt a bit better. Indeed, a friend is really important in life.

..............

"Oh, you're here. I was waiting for you two. Come, I'll show you the department." A very cheerful Jimin welcomed the new addition to the department.

Taehyung silently followed him till he was directed to the CFO's office while Minho was guided to the desk to start his work. Another bomb was bombarded over him that Minho would be staying for this week only after the workload would decrease, he would be back to the designing department as he was the trained one.

Standing in front of the door, he patted his chest to make himself ready for some rotten comments and finally knocked on it. Hearing a 'come in', he entered the room, keeping his head low.

Jungkook was typing something on his laptop but when he noticed the brunet entering the room, he stopped and leaned back on his chair with a smirk.

"Look, who we have here." He mocked that Taehyung silently absorbed to pass it.

"Mr. Park had very bad-mannered employees in the department," The CFO continued, tapping his chin and Taehyung finally looked up to see his new boss.

"That's not true!" He retorted to which Jungkook smacked the table with his fist.

"I don't like when my employees raise their voices in front of me, Mr. Kim!" The words came out through gritted teeth, pressing over the word and Taehyung felt like cowering under his burning gaze.

Calm down... he is your new boss. You don't want to los-

"You definitely don't want to lose this job... right?" Taehyung gulped that and shook his head.

"No. I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon." He apologized while biting his lips harshly, his pride was breaking his demeanor. Jungkook closed his eyes and gestured for the other to sit on the chair in front of him.

Taehyung obeyed because his body was also demanding that. Well, once he settled uncomfortably on the chair, Jungkook threw a file in front of him and then focused back on his laptop. He waited for any sort of command for about a minute and when Jungkook felt that he wasn't doing anything, he cleared his throat.

"I didn't give it to stare, Mr. Kim. Do what you did last time. Within 20 minutes." Taehyung's eyes widened when he noticed the weight of the file. Before he could protest with his parted lips, Jungkook cut him.

"I don't like arguments." The finality in his tone got Taehyung to sigh, defeated.

"Go to that couch and do it." Taehyung got up and with a heavy step, he reached the couch and plopped there to start his work.

The process continued until Taehyung completed about 10 heavy files. His head was throbbing now and his eyes were hurting, his body also felt a bit warmer.

Trying his best to be quick, he wrote the last figures in a hurry and glanced over the watch to sigh in relief that he completed that one in time as well. He got up but felt his head throbbing at the sudden movement, halting in his steps he took a second to walk again.

"Here, Mr. Jeon." He placed the file over the table to which Jungkook only nodded his head.

"Not bad. Take this one and-" Jungkook stopped when he raised his head to see Taehyung half leaning over the table while rubbing his temple with closed eyes.

Looking at the exhausted state of the brunet, Jungkook sighed and put the file back that he was about to give.

"You can have a break. Come after half an hour." He said casually while he himself continued his work without further glancing.

Taehyung felt good about the announcement and left the office to get some tea or coffee. His head was hurting really bad so was his body. Maybe the last night's coldness made him sick.

It was passed lunch break that he didn't realize, the reason the cafe was almost empty as all the employees were back at work. Unfortunately, he couldn't even meet his friend. He opened his phone to see some concerned msgs from Semie to which he replied saying he was busy and that's why he couldn't attend the lunch with her.

He shook his head in disappointment and ordered a sandwich with coffee for himself and also asked for aspirin for his headache.

His sandwich was ready in no time, and so was his coffee because of the lack of rush. But he felt no desire to eat despite his empty stomach. Somehow, he managed to have half of it forcefully and drank his coffee to take his aspirin later on. He was back in the office after half an hour and he noticed Jungkook was not eating while his food was placed on the table, still busy just like he left him.

"What are you staring at Mr. Kim? I know I'm handsome, but it's rude." Jungkook muttered casually, eyes still focused on his laptop making Taehyung roll his eyes and sit on the chair.

He deserves this much work.

"Any more task?" After a minute, Taehyung asked, keeping his eyes busy in the room not looking at the annoying CFO anymore.

Jungkook cocked his brow and again grabbed the previous file to throw it again in front of Taehyung.

"You can put it on the table instead of throwing it." Taehyung scoffed, annoyed by the behavior.

Jungkook smirked and threw another file to annoy him more.

"You-" Taehyung bit his tongue from saying any further and silently grabbed the files to walk to his couch. He started doing his work silently while Jungkook was also busy.
.

.

.

It was already evening and Taehyung was feeling a bit better than before as aspirin did its work. A bit of happiness started to form in his heart when he noticed the time, that it was already off time for him, but suddenly all of his happiness vanished when he recalled 800 dollars.

He bit his lips again at the reminder of wasting a whole day and was now left with just one more day. He did nothing and now he can't just take out 800 dollars from the air.

Jungkook came back after receiving a call and sat back in his chair. From the silence, he could feel that the department was already empty, so he decided to ask about his off as well.

"Mr. Jeon, can I go now?" Jungkook narrowed his eyes at that question.

"Did I leave? No.. so you're staying here as well, as you're now my new secretary." Jungkook smirked at the last words and Taehyung's eyes widened at that.

"What do you mean?!"

"I said it clearly Mr. Kim. Now, sit back and do your work." This time Jungkook sternly said and focused back on his work.

..............

It was around 9 PM and Taehyung was feeling utterly tired of sitting as his body ache was back. He rubbed his temple once again to soothe his pain, but it couldn't help when his phone buzzed loudly.

Biting his lips, he glanced over at Jungkook who was still typing nonstop and silently left the room to accept the call from his mother.

"Hello, mom."

"Taebear. How are you?"

Taehyung smiled sadly and sighed. "I'm fine mom. How are you and Euni?"

She sighed as well and hummed.

"Mom? Is anything wrong? Tell me please." He could feel her hesitation as well. He did send money to her at the start of the month after receiving his pay, then why?

"Bear, Euni.."

Taehyung suddenly started feeling a bit of tension.

"Mom? What's with her? She is fine right??" That's it, his mother started crying over the call making him tenser.

"Mom? Please.. what happened? Where is she?" He raised his voice.

"I told you to send some extra money because Euni wanted to go on a trip."

"Yes, mom. She didn't go?"

"Bear.. she.. she went there but, they went hiking and she tripped from a hill." Taehyung felt his body shudder at the news. He wasn't in a condition to lose anyone else more.

"H-how is she mom? Sh-she is- where is... she."

"Tae, baby please calm down. She is fine but... her leg is broken." His mom sobbed and he felt his chest letting out a bit of breath he was holding.

"Which hospital?" He croaked out, not noticing the tears that were already falling down his cheeks.

"One near Daegu station. Don't worry bear, she will be fine... but... I-"

"Don't worry mom. I.. I'll send you the money, don't worry ok. I- 'll do that. She will be fine, ok? Don't cry please." He was trying his best to keep his voice normal but his restricting throat was making that difficult for him.

"Sorry baby, I'm always making it difficult for you. I- I used my remaining savings but-"

"Mom.. please. Don't say that. You both are my only family, you're my responsibility."

"You're so kind bun, thank you, baby.. thank you."

She sobbed more, feeling her boy panicking on the other side.

"I- I'll send it soon mom. Don't cry hm? I'll try to send it as soon as possible. Just take care of Euni and yourself." Taehyung assured and his mom said goodbye. That's when, he gripped his hair, his phone falling to the side as hot tears started falling down rapidly with his body slumping down on the tiled floor.

"W- what will I do now? H- how... I-" He pulled his hair in frustration and cried silently. Things were totally messed up for him and he was slowly losing his confidence.

~~~~~~~~~

Assalam o Alaikum. Happy TAEKOOK DAY you all✌🏻💜😌. Finally, I managed to update both books.. yayyy.

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

996K 49K 44
(EDITED) Taehyung was a sassy boy who never gave a shit about anyone.. everyone just wanted to claim him but he never let this happen. Jungkook bein...
499K 32.3K 63
(EDITED) A story in which Taehyung had to act.. more like going Undercover...Why? Just to catch the biggest Mafia of the time with proofs. "You loo...
1.9M 82.1K 50
Taehyung, a poor boy who was abused by his father and lost all of his desires to live but, fate decided something else for him when he met someone wh...
104K 4.9K 25
Where love comes and find taehyung nd jungkook itself.. arranged marriage which change taehyung and jungkook life for good ..nd their lost heart's s...