Ruins

By petra71120

"So where do we go from here?" We sat down in each other's arms in a state of nothingness. He was the man I h... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 35
Chapter 38
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Author's note
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Thanks!!!!
A Fresh Start

Chapter 77

3 1 0
By petra71120

We arrived at the event in no time. We dropped from the car and were instantly rushed by the press. Drew put his hands on my lower back and led me to the red carpet where we posed together as a happy couple for the cameras. You know that the best pose is the Kardashian- Jenner pose. There's no smile just fierceness and that...that sends a powerful message to the people who will see it. We met other celebrities, actors and actresses, musicians, reality stars and many more at the red carpet before we headed into the hall. The best part about these things is the Champagne and the worst part is the conversation you have to indulge in with people you don't care about. Let me show you what I'm talking about.

"Andrew! Olivia! You guys look fantastic. You basically stole the show as soon as you walked in. I'm delighted to see you both! How is the whole child bearing going? It's been a year right?" Meet Veronica Stevens, heiress to this soda company that no one cares about. She's worth $20 million yet she feels she can just talk to me. I could buy her over a hundred times and still be a filthy rich person. She's just bitter because I out bid her for a very expensive DaVinci art piece..five years ago!

"Thank you. It's always exciting to see how much we're valued in the world. And oh! That dress! It's beautiful but I think your designer missed a stitch. And as for the child bearing, it's going really well but you know, due to how busy Andrew and I are, we don't exactly have the time to start the whole family thing right now. It's basically just sex for fun now." I said leaning into his chest. She was boiling and I loved it. She always had this thing for Drew and I think the fact that we got married contributed to her hatred for me.

"Always a pleasure seeing you Andrew. Olivia." She said and then she just left.

"That was interesting. " Andrew said sipping his champagne with this sinister smile. We spoke with various people until we finally got to our hosts.

"Alice! Daniel! It's a pleasure. " I said as the four of us did the kisses and hand shakes.

"Olivia and Andrew. If this isn't America's favourite couple. Seriously, you guys are loved more than the First family as a whole." Alice has always been a major friend to my mother and it feels good having someone so close to her so involved in my life.

"Thank you Alice. I must say , you haven't aged a day."

"It's the genes baby girl. You both look exquisite. "

"Thank you."

"Well, we'll leave you ladies to it. Andrew and I have a little business to discuss ."  So Daniel and Drew walked away and I was left with Alice.

"So Olivia, where's Ron? I sent him an invite but he's not here yet."

"Yeah, I haven't heard from him too."

"Oh, I hope he gets here soon though, he's giving the closing speech. " What?!

I'm trying to not panick right now. "Um..I'm sure he would be here soon but what's the plan just in case he doesn't show up?"

"Well, I would have to do it myself but due to my recent surgery, I doubt I can stand for that long."

I can't let her do this and since I know Ron isn't going to show up, I have to take the reins here. "Let me. It's the least I could do. "

"No , I couldn't possibly ask that of you."

" I insist and that's if Ron doesn't show up."

"Ok. Thank you Olivia. I'll have to go mingle with the other guests so I don't seem partial."

"Of course. " I said smiling as we took a picture and then she left. I stood there sipping my champagne all alone until someone tapped my shoulder. I turned and oh God! "Jake." I said faking a smile. Where's Drew?

"Olivia, you look like heaven." He said licking his lips. Why is his fiancee never here?

"Thank you. You don't look bad yourself but you're missing something. "

"You in my arms?" Pig.

"No. Your fiancee by your side."

"Melanie is away on a trip with her girls. Something about a stripper house in Vegas that hired this new guy , it's really stupid." He's so ashamed of her. Then why is he even with her?!

"She's an interesting choice for you. "

"She's not you. You're my choice. "

"She's very similar to me, you know."

"In what possible way?"

"You shouldn't underestimate us. "

"I could never underestimate you Livia, you're not like the others."

"Call her Livia again and I'll make sure that she's the last face you ever see." Drew again had appeared behind him, ready to kill him instantly. Jake smiled and turned to face a very angry Andrew .

"Just joking big man."

"I don't joke with my wife Jake. I've warned you once , this is my second warning, the third time, you'll end up unresponsive ."

"Is that a threat?"

"No. It's a motherf*****g guarantee. Trust me, I'm a business man, I always come through with my guarantees."

"Always a pleasure. " Jake said as he left.

"Again with the threats Andrew?" I said with frustration evident in my voice.

"If he got the message the first time, there would be no need for threats."

"We'll get back to that later. I think I might have to give the closing speech at this event and I have no idea what to say."

"Why are you giving the closing speech?"

"Cause apparently Ron's supposed to give it."

"Oh, that's a problem huh?" He said looking at his watch. Why is he so calm? Did he not hear the words that left my mouth?

"Yeah."

"Cool. So what's the problem?"

"The closing speech is in two hours. I can't compose something on such short notice! You know my biggest flaw is my inability to work on short notice." He let out a laugh.

"That's not even your smallest flaw. I could go on and on and list a hundred and that would not even be on the list."

"Not the time Andrew."

"Sorry. Just pick the basics of the event and throw that together into the speech."

"Oh God I feel like throwing up." I said as I rushed through the crowd and into the nearest bathroom. I had eaten nothing all day but I still kept on throwing up. Drew was standing outside the door.

"You okay babe?" He asked knocking on the door.

I flushed the toilet and moved to the sink where I was careful to rinse my mouth without messing up my makeup. I did a little face touch up, threw a mint into my mouth and I went outside. "I'm fine."

"You sure? We could make up and excuse and go home." He said rubbing my back. I'm trying to ignore the rumble in my stomach but it's becoming really hard.

"As much as I would love that, you know I can't leave. I can't let Alice hang there without a plan. I have to make the speech. "

"Are you sure it's just nerves? We could go to the hospital and run some tests...." Here we go again. Why is he so worrisome?!

"I'm fine Andrew. I'm just nervous and I'm struggling to deal with it, that's all. I just need to get through this speech and I'll be fine."

"I know but for all we know, this could be something serious. You could be pregnant for  all we know." He said playfully laughing.

"That's not funny." I said remembering the annoying thought of being pregnant again. The morning sickness, clothes stop fitting, I can't wear my shoes again and the overall exhaustion.

"I'm just saying that it might not be the worst idea in the world, we are afterall great at making babies." He said with a smirk.

"And bad at keeping them Andrew. We've talked about this."

"Ok but let's make a deal. The next pregnancy, you'll keep it. I miss being a dad. "

It's hard to say no when he brings Jace up. "Fine. " We started walking back to the party when I heard an all too familiar voice behind me.

"Hey Liv."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.7M 17.3K 3
*Wattys 2018 Winner / Hidden Gems* CREATE YOUR OWN MR. RIGHT Weeks before Valentine's, seventeen-year-old Kate Lapuz goes through her first ever br...
3.1M 252K 96
RANKED #1 CUTE #1 COMEDY-ROMANCE #2 YOUNG ADULT #2 BOLLYWOOD #2 LOVE AT FIRST SIGHT #3 PASSION #7 COMEDY-DRAMA #9 LOVE P.S - Do let me know if you...
1.8M 114K 200
**Story is gonna be slow paced. Read only if you have patience. 🔥** Isha Sharma married a driver whom she had just met. She was taking a huge risk...
1.6M 96.6K 39
"You all must have heard that a ray of light is definitely visible in the darkness which takes us towards light. But what if instead of light the dev...