TVD - Caroline Forbes' Story...

By Romance_Lover_2003

Caroline Forbes has a sister named Grace Forbes. Grace Forbes gets more attention than Caroline Forbes. In th... More

The Return
Brave New World
Bad Moon Rising
Memory Lane
Kill or Be Killed
Plan B
Masquerade
Rose
Katerina
By the Light of the Moon
The Descent
Daddy Issues
Crying Wolf
The Dinner Party
The House Guest
Know Thy Enemy
The Last Dance
Klaus
The Last Day
The Sun Also Rises
As I Lay Dying

The Sacrifice

99 2 0
By Romance_Lover_2003

Forbes Residence

Caroline awakens from her slumber when she hears a noise coming from inside the house. Her bedroom door is slightly ajar. Caroline lays back down, turns over in her bed, and shuts her eyes. In the bathroom, a towel is rustled by movement. Jonas appears in the doorway, looking at Caroline. Caroline is jolted out of bed, once again, when she hears a door slamming loudly. She sits up in her bed. Jonas has disappeared from the bathroom. Caroline gets out of bed and slowly walks across her room. She quietly opens her ajar door and walks out onto the landing. Caroline looks around the landing for anything suspicious and quietly approaches Liz's room, looking in through her ajar door. Suddenly, Caroline hears a noise from behind her. She gasps and spins around. Matt, shirtless and in his boxers, has also been startled by Caroline's unexpected appearance on the landing. Caroline and Matt both try to catch their breath after the scare.

"Caroline. Ahem," Matt says.

Matt lowers the ice cream he's carrying towards his nether region.

"I heard something," Caroline says.

Matt chuckles nervously. Caroline avoids his gaze, embarrassed. Grace walks up the stairs, wearing Matt's shirt. She runs her hand through her hair, embarrassed as well.

"That was us. I'm sorry," Grace says.

In Caroline's bedroom, Jonas pulls out a handkerchief and collects some of Caroline's hair from her brush.

"We didn't think anyone else was up," Matt says.

"But here you are," Grace says.

"We were just-" Matt begins.

Back on the landing, Grace and Matt try to explain the situation to Caroline, but are failing in their attempt. Matt sighs and holds out the ice cream bowl to Caroline.

"Chunky Monkey?" Matt asks.

Back in Caroline's bedroom, Jonas also grabs some of Caroline's jewelry and places it in the handkerchief. He folds the handkerchief and places it in his coat pocket.

"Well..." Matt begins, chuckles, and says, "I'm naked. So I'm gonna go."

Matt walks past Caroline and into Grace's bedroom, shutting the door behind him. Caroline starts to walk back towards her room. Grace, embarrassed, walks up the remainder of the stairs.

"I'm really really sorry," Grace says.

Caroline turns around when she reaches her doorway.

"It's okay, Grace, don't worry about it," Caroline tells her.

"I know he's been staying over a lot," Grace says, and asks, "Are you- are you sure it's okay?"

"Seems like things are good. But does Liz know?"

"Things are extremely good," she says smiling, but then she has a kinda sad face, "but mom still doesn't know about it?"

"Then you should probably tell her because she'll find out eventually," Caroline says.

"I'll tell her tomorrow," Grace says.

Jonas, still in Caroline's bedroom, grabs a picture of Caroline in her cheerleading uniform, places it inside his jacket, and leaves the room quickly. Grace and Caroline smile at each other and go back to their respective rooms. Caroline gets into her bed. Jonas quietly hides in the bathroom, waiting for Caroline to shut her eyes. Caroline curls up in her blankets and drifts off to sleep. Jonas heads out of the bathroom, stopping to take a hand mirror, before he exits, placing the mirror in the waistband of his pants. He exits the bathroom, walks onto the landing, descends the stairs, and exits the house without a soul knowing he was there.

Gilbert Residence

Caroline and Elena open the front door. Stefan and Damon are standing on the front porch.

"Hey. Uh, can we talk?" Stefan asks.

"Why?" Caroline asks.

"We went to see Katherine," Damon says.

"Come on in," Elena says.

Elena and Caroline step aside and Stefan and Damon enter the house.

Fell's Church Tomb

Damon and Stefan successfully remove the stone door from the entrance of the tomb. They place it to the side and approach the entrance. Stefan and Damon lean against the frame of the entrance, waiting for Katherine, who comes around the corner, looking hungry.

"Please...come on in. There's plenty of room for all of us," Katherine says.

"I'd rather poke my eyes out," Damon says.

"Mmm, they're such pretty eyes," Katherine says.

"We're here for the moonstone," Stefan says.

"Feel like tossing it over?" Damon asks.

"Tell you what, you get your little witch to hocus pocus me out of here, you can have whatever you want," Katherine tells them.

"I thought you liked it in here. Nice and safe where Klaus can't get to you," Stefan tells her.

"I've had time to reconsider," Katherine says.

"Meaning you're hungry," Damon says.

"I'm starving, Damon. And dirty. But above all, I'm bored," Katherine says and has progressively gotten closer to the entrance, stumbling and grasping at the wall as she does so, then tells them, "At least running from Klaus wasn't boring - so here's the deal: you get me out of here, you get the moonstone and I'll disappear from Mystic Falls forever."

Stefan and Damon look at each other. Katherine starts to walk away.

"Let me know what you decide," Katherine says.

As she says this, she holds up the moonstone and stumbles back into recesses of the cave.

Gilbert Residence

Elena, Caroline, Damon, and Stefan stand around the island in the kitchen, talking.

"You don't believe her, do you?" Caroline asks.

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone," Damon tells them.

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break," Stefan tells them.

"No spell, no doppelgänger sacrifice. Ergo, Elena lives," Damon tells them.

"How do you destroy it?" Elena asks.

"By releasing it from the moonstone," Stefan says.

"How do you guys even know this is gonna work?" Caroline asks.

"Cause we have a crafty witch on our side," Damon says.

"You discussed it with Bonnie," Elena says.

"She agreed to do anything she could to help us." Stefan tells them.

"It's Katherine who has the moonstone. She's not gonna give it to you," Caroline tells them.

"We're gonna get it from her," Stefan says.

"Well, what he means to say is, we will pry it from her cold, dead hand if we have to," Damon tells them.

"Bonnie just needs to find a way to release the seal long enough for us to get in, get the moonstone, and get out in time for her to return it," Stefan tells them.

"Wow. I mean, it sounds like you guys already have it all planned out," Caroline tells them.

"Yep. We're awesome," Damon says.

"Except for one thing. We don't want you to do it," Elena says.

Stefan and Damon exchange looks.

"What are you talking about? Elena, Caroline, we don't have a choice," Stefan tells them.

"What about Klaus?" Caroline asks.

"We'll find him right after we get the moonstone," Stefan answers.

"Is that before or after he kills everyone that we care about, including the two of you," Elena tells them.

She points from Stefan to Damon. The idea that Elena and Caroline care about him startles Damon.

"Elena, Caroline, if we can de-spell the moonstone, we can save Elena's life and prevent Caroline from going to the wrong path," Stefan tells them.

"We know. Everybody keeps saying that," Elena says.

Elena and Caroline get up and leave the room. Stefan and Damon exchange a look again.

Salvatore Boarding House

Elena and Caroline open the front door to the house and walk in. They shut the door behind them and look around the hallway. Rose comes down the stairs, tying a silk robe around her.

"It's not nice to leave a girl naked so early in the morning," Rose says.

Rose looks up and sees that it's Elena and Caroline, not Damon, standing in the hallway.

"Whoa. Sorry, I thought you were..." Rose begins.

Elena and Caroline look away, embarrassed.

"We, uh, sorry, we..." Caroline begins.

"There's no one else here," Rose says.

"Actually, we came to talk to you," Elena says.

"Then I should probably get dressed," Rose says.

Rose smiles broadly and walks back up the stairs. After Rose has exchanged her robe for real clothing, Elena, Caroline, and her converse in the parlor room.

"It's a bad idea," Rose says.

"No, it's not. From what Stefan told us, your friend Slater obviously has more information about Klaus. You and Damon just gave up before you got it," Caroline tells her.

"Because somebody blew up a coffee shop with us in it," Rose tells them.

"There's more to learn. We just have to find a way to learn it," Elena tells her.

"Why are you coming to me with this?" Rose asks.

"Because you owe us. One word from us, and Damon and Stefan could have killed you for kidnapping us," Caroline tells her.

"Or maybe it's because you know that they wouldn't want you doing this. And their moonstone caper gives you a chance to sneak away," Rose tells them.

"We're having a disagreement, okay? They're willing to risk everyone that we love and we're not," Elena tells her.

"They're just trying to protect you," Rose says.

"And you've proven that you couldn't care less whether we're protected or not. So, we're back to you taking us to Slater," Caroline tells her.

Rose sits down on the couch in front of Caroline and Elena.

"What exactly do you hope to achieve by this?" Rose asks.

"How would you like to be able to walk during the daylight?" Elena asks.

"I've been a slave to shadows for 500 years, what do you think?" Rose asks them.

"I am a powerful witch and am willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal," Caroline tells her.

"So, we are ready?" Rose asks.

"I am a powerful witch and am willing to do whatever it takes to help, if you're willing to make a deal," Caroline tells her.

Later

Slater's Residence

Elena, Caroline, and Rose park Rose's car in an underground parking lot below Slater's apartment. They ascend the staircase to the apartment. Rose bangs her fist on the door while Elena and Caroline stand nearby.

"Slater? Slater, it's Rose. Open up!" Rose says.

After a brief moment, Rose looks over at Elena and Caroline.

"He's not home. Sorry," Rose says.

"Mm-mm. No. We didn't come all the way out here for nothing," Elena says.

"Dissera portus!" Caroline says and the doors open.

Elena looks impressed at what Caroline just did, since she knows that Bonnie doesn't know this spell. Caroline and Elena see inside the apartment and Rose gestures into the room.

"After you," Rose says.

Elena and Caroline walk into the apartment with Rose following suit. Rose wanders farther into the apartment than Elena and Caroline do, looking for Slater.

"Slater?" Rose asks.

As Rose moves towards the back of the apartment, she looks through a doorway and her face falls in shock.

"I don't think he's gonna be much help," Rose says.

Elena and Caroline rush over to where Rose is standing and gasp at the sight of Slater's dead body.

Rose walks over to Slater's body and drags it away. Elena and Caroline, regaining their composure, walk over to Slater's computer desk and pick up a bunch of papers.

"Looks like whoever blew up the coffee shop found him and killed him for his information," Elena tells them.

Rose walks up behind Elena and Caroline and watches as Elena and Caroline shuffle through the papers.

"Yeah, probably to stop him from helping people like us. The guy was a vampire almanac. Knowing too much information just bit him in the ass," Rose tells them.

Elena and Caroline shuffle through a few more papers before Caroline picks up a framed photo. Rose walks over to a set of windows and pulls back the curtains, startling Elena and Caroline.

"What are you...?" Caroline begins to ask.

"Tempered glass. U.V. rays can't penetrate," Rose says and looks out the window saying, "I used to just come here and watch the day."

Elena and Caroline look down at the framed photo which contains a picture of Slater and a girl. They look back up at Rose.

"We're sorry about Slater," Elena says.

"Any luck?" Rose asks.

Caroline places the photo back on the desk and attempts to log into one of the computers.

"Um...It's password protected. We can't get in," Caroline says.

"No, this is fine. Let's just go," Rose says.

Suddenly, they hear a doorknob rattling from inside the apartment.

"Stay here," Rose says.

Rose walks past Elena and Caroline and opens a set of doors. She peers into the small hallway and sees a girl hiding behind a corner.

"Alice?" Rose asks.

"Rose!" Alice says.

Alice, crying heavily, rushes towards Rose and embraces her.

"He's dead!" Alice says.

Rose rubs Alice's hand comfortingly as Alice tries to regain her composure. Rose gets up and walks into another room where Caroline is pouring hot water into teacups and Elena is sitting in a chair. Rose sits down next to Elena.

"She found him a few minutes before we did," Rose says.

"How is she?" Elena asks.

"Overreacting. Big time," Rose says.

"Her boyfriend just died. There's no such thing as overreacting," Caroline tells her.

"Those tears are for her. She didn't care about Slater," Rose tells them, Elena and Caroline look at Rose, curiously, so Rose continues, "She was only dating him long enough to see if he'd turn her."

Elena and Caroline turn around and look at Alice. Grabbing the cup of tea, Caroline walks out of the room towards Alice and hands her the cup. Elena follows Caroline.

"Thank you," Alice says.

Alice takes the cup of tea as Elena and Caroline sit down near her. Alice looks at Elena with an air of familiarity.

"You look really familiar," Alice says, then asks, "Did you know Slater?"

"Not personally, no. We just knew that he kept detailed records of all of his vampire contacts and we were hoping that he could point us towards Klaus," Elena tells her.

"Doubtful. Klaus doesn't want to be pointed at," Alice says.

"Do you know Slater's computer password?" Caroline asks.

"Are you seriously asking me that right now?" Alice asks, then tells them, "I just saw my boyfriend with a stake through his heart."

"We understand that," Elena says, then asks, "Do you know his password?"

"Who do you think you are?" Alice asks.

Alice looks away from Elena and Caroline and takes a sip of her tea. Caroline and Elena look over at Rose and their eyes light up with an idea. Caroline and Elena look back at Alice.

"What if we could convince Rose to turn you?" Caroline asks.

Alice looks back up at them. Rose, hearing what Caroline has said, looks over at her, disdainfully.

"Will you show us his files then?" Elena asks.

Alice has managed to log on to Slater's computer, but all the files have been deleted. Elena, Caroline, and Rose stand behind her, watching.

"Someone's been here. The hard drive's completely wiped out," Alice tells them.

"Yeah, probably whoever killed him," Rose says.

Elena and Caroline run a hand over their face and turn away.

"Lucky for you, Slater was paranoid. Everything's backed up on a remote server," Alice tells them.

Rose turns back to speak to Elena and Caroline.

"You know that she's not going anywhere near my blood, right?" Rose asks softly.

"We know. She doesn't," Caroline says.

Elena and Caroline walk past Rose, who smiles at Elena and Caroline's deception. Elena and Caroline lean down next to Alice to look at the computer screen.

"Kristen Stewart. God, was he obvious," Alice says.

"These are all leads to vampires?" Elena asks.

Alice continues scrolling through the files.

"Slater was obsessed. Almost as much as me," Alice says.

"What about that one?" Rose asks, then tells her, "Cody Webber. They exchanged dozens of emails about Elijah."

"I could call him," Alice says.

Elena hands the phone over to Alice.

"Tell him that we're trying to send a message to Klaus. The doppelgänger is alive and she's ready to surrender," Elena tells her.

"Also, tell them that Klaus's prophecy girl has been born and is ready to start a life with him," Caroline tells her.

"What?!" Rose asks.

"Oh, my God, I knew I recognized the doppelgänger. It's incredible I'm meeting the prophecy girl finally," Alice tells them.

"Get him the message, please," Elena says.

Elena and Caroline quickly walk out of the room. Rose follows them out. Elena and Caroline place their hands on a table and exhale heavily. Rose enters the room.

"What are you doing?" Rose asks.

"We're getting Klaus' attention," Caroline says.

"If Klaus knows that Elena's alive, he'll find her and he'll kill her. And if Klaus knows that you've finally been born, he'll come and force you into things that you may or may not like," Rose tells them.

Elena and Caroline look back at Rose, but don't respond.

"Which is exactly what you wanted all along," Rose says.

"It's either us or our family," Elena says.

"So this whole charade is some suicide mission so that Elena could sacrifice herself and Caroline to get married to someone she doesn't even know and save everyone?" Rose asks.

Alice enters the room.

"Cody is on his way and he really wants to meet you both," Alice says to Elena and Caroline.

Rose shuts her eyes and sighs.

Later

Elena and Caroline are gazing out a window. Suddenly, they see Elijah's reflection walking towards them in the window. Elena and Caroline gasp and turn around. They see no one else in the room with them. Confused, they turn back and look at the window and back into the room again.

Later

Elena and Caroline walk into the main room, sipping on a glass of water each. They look over at Alice, then turn around and gasp because Damon has snuck up from behind them.

"What are you doing here?" Damon asks.

"What are you doing here?" Caroline asks.

Rose enters the room. Elena and Caroline turn around and look at her angrily.

"You called him?" Elena asks.

"I'm sorry, Elena, Caroline," Rose says.

"You said that you understood," Caroline says.

"She lied," Damon says.

Elena and Caroline turn around and look at Damon. Alice walks up to them and is starstruck seeing Damon.

"Damon Salvatore!" Alice says.

"Get rid of her," Damon says to Rose.

"No...Way!" Alice says.

Rose grabs Alice's arm and leads her out of the room.

"Come one. We're leaving," Damon says.

"No," Elena and Caroline say.

"I said we're leaving," Damon says.

"We're not going with you," Elena says.

"You do not get to make decisions anymore," Damon says.

"When have we ever made a decision?" Caroline asks, then tells them, "You and Stefan do that for us. Now this, this is our decision."

"Who's gonna save your life while you're out making decisions?" Damon asks.

"You're not listening to us, Damon. We don't want to be saved. Not if it means that Klaus is gonna kill every single person that we love," Elena tells him.

"Get your ass out the door before I throw you over my shoulder and carry you out myself," Damon tells them.

Damon grasps their arms tightly. Elena and Caroline struggle and release themselves from his grip.

"No!" Elen and Caroline say.

They throw a punch at Damon. Damon clutches their fists in his hands and moves in towards them. Elena and Caroline gasp in shock.

"Don't ever do that again," Damon says.

Damon releases their fist from his grasp and walks away. Elena and Caroline stand there, horrified.

Later

Damon opens a set of double doors and exits the bedroom. Elena, Caroline, and Rose look at him from their seats in the living area.

"Time to go. Alice is soundly sleeping and won't remember a moment of this horribly stupid day," Damon tells them.

Suddenly, the front doors burst open and three men walk into the apartment. Damon turns his head to look at them as Rose, Caroline, and Elena stand up.

"We're here to meet the doppelgänger and the prophecy girl," Cody tells them.

"Thank you for coming," Elena says.

Elena and Caroline attempt to walk towards them, but Damon pushes them back.

"I will break your arm," Damon whispers to Elena and Caroline, then looks at Cody saying, "There's nothing here for you."

The man in the back suddenly drops to the floor, dead. Elijah stands behind him. The other two vampires look back at Elijah. Elijah vamp-speeds towards them, looking from one to the other. Rose gasps and vamp-speeds out of the apartment. Elijah looks over at Elena, Caroline, and Damon.

"I killed you. You were dead," Damon says surprised.

"For centuries now," Elijah says.

Elijah looks back at Cody.

"Who are you?" Elijah asks.

"Who are you?" Cody asks.

"I'm Elijah," Elijah says.

"We were gonna bring them to you. For Klaus. She's the doppelgänger and the other one's the prophecy girl. I don't know how they exist, but they do. Klaus will want to see them," Cody tells him.

"Does anyone else know that you're here?" Elijah asks.

"No," Cody says.

"Well, then, you have been incredibly helpful," Elijah tells him.

Elijah plunges his arm's into the two vampire's chests. They grunt as Elijah rips their hearts out. The two vampires fall to the floor, dead, and Elijah lets their hearts drop from his hands. Damon prepares to fight with Elijah, but Elijah shocks them, by turning around and vamp-speeding out of the apartment. Damon looks back at Elena and Caroline, the three of them with shocked expressions on their faces.

Gilbert Residence

Damon and Elena walk up the steps to the front porch.

"Thank you for bringing us here," Caroline says and sighs.

"Well, your ride left you. I didn't want to leave you stranded," Damon tells them.

Damon, Caroline, and Elena stop at the front door and turn to face each other.

"She was just scared. She didn't mean to run," Elena tells them.

"Yes, she did. She's been running for 500 years," Damon tells them.

"I can't believe Elijah's alive," Caroline says, then asks, "Why do you think he killed those two vampires and just let us go?"

"If I had a dollar for every time some evil vampire surprised me," Damon says.

Elen and Caroline walk toward the door, but Damon catches their arms before they open it and turn them around so they face him.

"What you both did today was incredibly stupid," Damon tells them.

"Actually, the only thing that was stupid was that we got caught," Elena tells him.

Caroline and Elena wriggle their arms out of his grasp and he lets them go.

"We don't question why you and Stefan and everyone else tries so hard to save us. You shouldn't question why we would try to save all of you," Caroline tells him.

Jeremy opens the front door.

"Damon, good night, okay?" Elena asks.

Elena and Caroline are about to enter the house but stop when they see Jeremy. Damon looks at him.

"What?" Damon asks.

"It's Stefan," Jeremy says.

Fell's Church Tomb

Elena and Caroline bolt down the stairs of the tomb. They rush toward the cave and look in, but see no one.

"Stefan!" Caroline says.

"Stefan!" Elena says.

Elena and Caroline are about to enter the cave when Damon comes up from behind them, grabs them, and pins them against the wall.

"Don't you dare," Damon says.

"Stefan's in there, Damon!" Caroline says, then asks, "How could you let this happen?"

"What are you talking about?" Damon asks, then tells them, "I was too busy saving you both from your crazy kamikaze mission."

"You didn't even have to go after the moonstone in the first place!" Elena tells him.

"It was the right call, Elena, Caroline," Damon says.

"The right call? How was any of this the right call?!" Caroline asks.

Elena and Caroline hit Damon's chest with their fists.

"Damon, let go of us! Damon, let go of us! Let go of us! Let go of us!" Elena tells him.

Elena and Caroline repeatedly beat their fist into Damon's chest, who keeps a calm face and restrains them. Elena and Caroline become tired and desperately look up at Damon.

"Please," Caroline says.

"Are you done?" Damon asks.

Elena and Caroline breathe heavily. Damon releases them from his grip and back up. Elena and Caroline look into the cave and start to move towards it. Damon holds his hand up to block their way.

"Don't," Damon says.

Elena and Caroline snarl at Damon and stomp out of the tomb in a rage.

"Elena, I have to go home. I'll walk. I just need some time alone," Caroline tells her.

"Okay, I'll be fine. Walk home safe," Elena says.

"I will," Caroline says.

Caroline walks home and when she arrives she gets ready for bed and goes to sleep.

The next day

Mystic Falls High School

Caroline approaches Matt. He stops to talk to her.

"Matt," Caroline says.

"Hey," Matt says.

"How are you?" Caroline asks.

"I- I've been better, but Grace is helping me a lot. I gotta- I gotta get to class," Matt tells her.

Caroline walks over to Tyler.

"What happened between you two?" Tyler asks.

"I saw him with Grace two days ago only in boxers and Grace in his t-shirt. You realize there's almost a full moon?" Caroline tells him.

"Yeah, this will affect both of us," Tyler says.

"Have you even thought about it? The whole werewolf thing? Do you know what you're gonna do?" Caroline asks.

"I have a plan. Do you?" Tyler asks.

"Well...no," Caroline says.

"There's plenty of room for both of us in this plan," Tyler says.

Woods

Tyler and Caroline walk through the woods towards the Lockwood Ruins Cellar.

"Matt's bumming pretty hard," Tyler says.

"I know. It's better this way," Caroline says.

"I get it," Tyler says.

"You do?" Caroline asks.

"Yeah. Grace and him are getting more closer than ever before," Tyler tells her.

"Yeah, I'm so happy that Grace finally got someone who isn't bossing her all the time and that Matt is getting better," Caroline tells him.

"Right over here. There's a cellar that goes to our old property," Tyler says when they reach where they were going.

"I know," Caroline says.

"You do?" Tyler asks.

"I know that this is the old Lockwood property," Caroline says.

Tyler looks at her skeptically and heads down the steps of the Cellar.

"Watch your step," Tyler says.

Caroline follows behind Tyler. Tyler turns on a flashlight as they enter the Cellar and move the beam of light around the room.

"I'm guessing this is where Mason was headed the night he turned. It's this way," Tyler tells her.

Tyler heads deeper into the Cellar with Caroline cautiously entering behind him.

"Did Mason tell you about this place?" Caroline asks.

"Mason bolted before I triggered the curse, but I found these," Tyler says.

Tyler shines the beam of light at a part of the cave. Caroline walks into the Cellar and looks at where the beam of light has landed. Three deep scratches run across the wall.

"Whoa. They look old," Caroline says.

Tyler shines the light further down the wall at a pair of rusty chains.

"And these bolts and chains. We need new chains, but the bolts could still hold," Tyler tells her.

Tyler grabs the ring around the bolt and pulls it hard, showing Caroline how resistant they are.

"I think that's what this place was used for. Full moons," Tyler tells her.

Caroline and Tyler proceed to glance around the cave. Caroline walks forward and spots something in a nook.

"What's this?" Caroline asks.

Caroline grabs an item wrapped in a piece of cloth and walks back over to Tyler.

"I have no idea," Tyler says.

Caroline unwraps the cloth around what appears to be a journal. She takes it out of the cloth and hands it to Tyler.

"Was it Mason's?" Caroline asks.

Tyler takes the journal from her and flips through the pages. He stops at a page and begins to read out loud from it.

""August 31 - My body is changing. I'm edgy, angry, impatient. I get so mad, I black out and forget what I say or do. I'm not myself, not since Jimmy's death. What's happening to me?""

Tyler flips further back into the journal and glances up at Caroline.

"He chronicled everything," Tyler says, stops at a page and reads from it, ""The full moon is tonight"."

"Well, does he say what happened?" Caroline asks.

Tyler flips the page and sees a memory stick taped to the page of the journal. He slides it out of its place and holds it in his hand, looking at it and then up at Caroline. Both of them look puzzled.

Forbes Residence

Caroline and Tyler are sitting on a couch in the living room. Tyler has his laptop out and he inserts the memory card into the flashdrive. A video starts to play.

""It's September 15 - 2 hours from the first full moon since I triggered the curse"," Mason says in the recording.

"He taped his first transformation," Tyler says.

Tyler pauses the video and looks at Caroline. Caroline, who has Mason's journal, flips through the pages.

"Um...There's nothing," Caroline says, finds something and holds the journal towards Tyler, pointing at the page, saying, "September 16th, he - he wrote about everything the next day."

Tyler fast forwards through the video as Caroline reads aloud from the journal.

""I choose the garage. I could deadbolt the door. It was far from the street so no one could hear. I bolted hooks to the floor for the carabiners"," Caroline reads, Tyler slows the video down and watches, Caroline says, "Like for mountain climbing?"

Tyler speeds the video up again.

"Retractable cables," Tyler says.

Tyler slows down the tape to a part where Mason is drinking a golden liquid from a water bottle. Mason sputters and coughs, kneeling on the ground.

"What's he doing?" Tyler asks.

"It's...wolfsbane," Caroline says, then continues to read aloud, ""I diluted wolfsbane with water to weaken myself, but I could barely get it down without puking. It felt like I was drinking battery acid. Over an hour passed and nothing happened. It got so quiet I could hear my own blood pumping. That's when...""

On the video, Mason begins to scream in pain, pulling at the cables holding him. Caroline puts a hand up to her mouth in shock, but continues reading as Tyler watches the video play out.

""I kept thinking I'd black out and not feel it. But I did. I...I felt all of it"," Caroline reads.

On the video, Mason has fallen to the floor due to the pain he is experiencing. Mason cries and yells for help.

"How long is it?" Caroline asks.

"We're three hours in," Tyler says in a shaky voice.

Tyler starts to fast forward the video.

"Four hours," Tyler says.

He continues to fast forward the video.

"Five hours," Tyler says, then asks, "How long does this last?"

Caroline flips through the pages again, but doesn't respond. Tyler continues watching the video. Mason's body begins to contort and he yells even louder now. Tyler, not being able to handle it anymore, pauses the video. He gets up, his eyes filled with tears.

"I can't - I can't do that. Caroline, whatever that was, I can't go through that," Tyler tells her.

Later

Caroline closes Mason's journal and places it on a table.

"You know what? I don't think we should read this anymore," Caroline tells him.

"Why? What did you read?" Tyler asks.

"There's a...a reason it's called a "curse", Tyler," Caroline tells him.

Tyler takes the journal from off the table, opens it up, and begins to read aloud.

""Unimaginable pain. I thought it  would never end. It was the worst night of my life"," Tyler reads.

Tyler laughs humorlessly, shuts the diary, slams it down on the table, and sits back down on the couch. Caroline approaches him.

"But...he did say that the transformation speeds up over time," Caroline tells him.

Tyler and Caroline take a glass of alcohol and drain it in one gulp.

"So, if we can just get through this first time, then..." Caroline begins.

"Why are you worried about me?" Tyler asks.

"What do you mean?" Caroline asks.

"Why do you care about me? When you are going to go through it too? We've never been friends before," Tyler tells her.

"That's not true. I've known you my entire life, Tyler. I-" Caroline begins.

"We've never been close. Not like this," Tyler says.

"I don't know. You just seem like you...like you kind of need it," Caroline tells him.

Caroline sits down next to Tyler.

"We are going to go through our first transformation tomorrow and we aren't going to be able to stop it, so we have to be together when it does happen," Caroline tells him.

Tyler nods, understanding.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28K 561 50
I do not own these characters, rights go to Julie Plec. This doesn't have any supernatural creatures. This is a story between Klaus Mikaelson a...
283 4 15
Elena's little sister goes through some issues finding her first love in a boy who used her, she find sout secrets and makes an oath to protect her s...
642K 10.9K 144
Salem Salvatore the daughter of Damon Salvatore and a woman who Damon loved but didn't know she was a witch. Salem is a Hybrid and everyone wants to...
665K 16K 61
Rory Forbes, Caroline Forbes' sister, never knew what she was walking into when she came back to Mystic Falls. She had no idea about everything that...