ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
REVELATION
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
LUCIUS
THE ROR
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
ON THE RUN
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
ANDROMEDA COMES HOME
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
GRINGOTTS
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."

2.5K 76 4
By ninithewriter

____

The group of four landed on the floor multiple feet away from the Lovegood residence, their eyes scanning the area as Ethaline quickly mapped out an escape route if they needed it. According to Harry, however, they didn't need one as Mr. Lovegood was an ally, not an enemy.

"Still," Ethaline told him, a grim look on her face, "We can never be too sure."

In order not to argue, Harry agreed with a nod and they made their way over to the house. Once they were at the door Ethaline knocked three times, her eyes trained into the sign that said, Xenophilkius Lovegood, editor or the Quibbler.

It was often that the man wrote about Ethaline, he painted her to be a saint or a figure to follow. Luna adored Ethaline, she was her friend without the constant need to speak or hang out. She just knew that if she ever needed Ethaline she would be right there for her and that's all that mattered.

"Y-Yes?" The blonde man said, his door opening a crack as he stuck his head out.

Ethaline let Harry take the lead in talking, he was the people person out of the two and she wasn't going to ruin it by opening her mouth and demanding answers. As the years went by not only did she lose her innocence but her patience. Merlin, how her life would be better if she had patience.

"Hello sir, I'm...well I'm Harry Potter and we met some time ago at the wedding. I was wondering if I could speak with you," Harry said gently, sensing something was wrong with the man.

Xenopillius hesitated before nodding, opening the door a little too eagerly, "Come in, come in."

"Thank you," Hermione said, a small smile on her face as they entered his house.

Xenophillius Lovegood led them up the stairs, making small talk along the way over how they were and how people were worried sick for them.

"We've been busy," Ethaline muttered, looking at the curious decorations with a small smile, "If I may, where is Luna?" She asked.

The man tensed slightly, "She's...she's out now." He muttered, tripping over his words as he sat them down by the put out fire. The more they looked the more they felt uneasy because of the mess. Luna was many wonderful things, but untidy wasn't one of them and she would never be in an untidy household unless she willed it to be that way.

Ethaline glanced over at a painting hanging by the fire, her face instantly lighting up just as Harry passed her the tray with burnt cookies, but stopped midway when he saw the blonde girl already on her feet again and looking up at it. "She kept it..." Ethaline muttered, the smile not fading as she skimmed the tips of her dings on it.

Xenophilkius paused for a moment, a smile forming on his face, "She did," he muttered, before turning around to pour water into their glasses, "She speaks highly of you Miss Malfoy, everyone does."

Ethaline's face fell slightly, "I've read your articles about me...your writers seem to confuse the moral lines of how good is obtained." She said, turning to face him.

The older man was quick to reply, "How can one obtain goodness without going through the abyss that is evil? Therefore the means, however absurd or disturbing they are, justify the ends. In this case..." he motioned for her to sit, "...Love will prevail."

"I suppose you have a point," Ethaline said, meaning to stop the conversation when he motioned for her to go on.

"I've done things," Ethaline shifted slightly, "...things people would use to question what the difference of myself and the death eaters have."

"It's what you're fighting for," Hermione interjected, holding the mug of tea closely to warm her cold fingers. The older man looked over at her, urging her to continue as if he was feeding off on it. "That's what makes it different. You and Harry carry a burden no one else in the war does, you fight and fight but when does it end? Will you even know when it ends when it's all you've ever known?"

Xenophillius sighed, "I suppose we don't know that Miss Geanger, not until it's over." He said, forcing a small smile before he took a seat, "How can I help you?"

Harry cleared his throat, bringing himself back from the spacing out he had just experienced and motioned for his necklace, "That...to be honest. We'd like to know more of that symbol."

Harry scooted over slightly before Ethakine sat next to him, her hands grazing his knees as she adjusted her dress. He felt tingles throughout his body, biting his bottom lip to prevent him from smiling as he looked ahead. She sat down next to him when there was toe other open spaces.

The older man frowned, "This?" He raised an eyebrow as he pulled out the necklace, "It's...it's a children's tail I can't imagine what you would—"

"We're children," Ron interjected, wanting to get on with the story.

The man didn't protest any further and began the story. He spoke of the deathly hallows as if they were real, the story of three brothers and their encounter with death.

He spoke of the gifts that were offered to them for avoiding him at a bridge.

1. The Cloak of invisibility, the very thing Harry used for mishcheif just like his father had years before him with his friends.

2. The Elder wand, stolen by Gelbert Grindlewall.

3. And lastly, The Resurrection Stone.

Ethaline shifted uncomfortably, the tone of the story taking a turn as he explained how death—as much as they tried to avoid it—came to collect. The Elder wand was stolen off of the brothers corpse and the stone was meant to bring back a woman who the third brother loved but she had left him and he hung himself from the heartache.

"In the end, the first brother greeted death as a friend." Xenophillius finished, glancing around the room while the group thought about the story.

"You know who believes that the most powerful one is the elder wand...that's why he wanted Dumbledore dead." Ethaline muttered quietly as the man said he was going to check on cookies.

"Is it just me or does something not feel right?" Ron asked, glancing around slightly, "Something about his doesn't feel right."

Hermione nodded, "Where's Luna? I doubt anyone would let their kids out when the war is happening."

"She's right," Harry muttered, all of them standing up at the same time.

"We should go," Ethaline said, beginning to walk down the stairs with her hand tucked beneath her robes as a precaution. She didn't even know that she was doing it as she walked down the spiral stairs, she didn't even know that Harry was only a step behind her with his hand on his own wand because he was also paranoid.

"Mr. Lovegood," Hermione said as they reached the final steps, "We'll be going now, thank you for—"

"No wait!" He said, stopping them. The crazed look in his eye was enough to make them even more uneasy as they glanced around the group. "You can't go yet—"

"Where is Luna?" Harry demanded, this time his tone lower as he lost his charm when it came with people. "Where is she?!"

"They took her!" The older man cried out in desperation as he clung onto a piece of fabric they recognized to be her scarf. "They took my sweet girl..,"

Ethaline paled, "When was the last time you saw her?! How long has she been gone?! Where did they take her?!" She began to flood the man with questions, her hands shaking slightly as she thought about what they would do to her.

"I don't know..." The man said while looking around the room disturbed as she barged him with more questions, "I don't know!" He yelled, silencing her.

"All...all I know is that I can use you...I can use you to get her back—she wouldn't survive my sweet daughter she wouldn't be able to handle—"

Harry pinched the bridge of his nose, "We'll find her—"

"No!" Xenophillius yelled, "Don't make it worse! I'll get her! I'll get her back all I have to do is say it..." he whispered, looking around the room for his wand, "All I have to do is say it—"

"Say what?!" Ron asked impatiently, his leg bouncing as he kept his eyes on the window to look outside.

"Voldemort."

Instantly the sky turned dark and the group of four panicked, "Ron grab Hermione—" Harry said, crouching down as the windows blew up and glass fell everywhere.

Ethaline looked back at the older man with a guilty expression, "We'll get her back, I understand you had to do this." She said as Harry yanked them out of the house that was being destroyed.

An evil cackle could be heard throughout, one that Ethaline recognized as she dodged a spell downing their way with a magical shield. The more she ran the more she pushed Hermione in the front, her heart racing with wordy as Ron did the same. All of them feared what would happen to her if they were ever caught.

Once far enough they grabbed each others limbs, whichever ones they could reach while running, and apparated away.

They landed on the ground with a light thud, their chests heaving as they tried to catch their breath. Harry was quick to check Ethaline as she rushed to check him. After doing so they turned to the others and made sure Hermione was okay.

"I'm...fine." She panted, giving them a faux reassuring smile.

"That slimy git!" Ron raged as he threw his pack down, "We can't trust no one can we—"

"He only did that because he supported us," Harry said, sighing as Ron rolled his eyes and shrugged before muttering curse words.

Ethaline looked around not recognizing the area, "Where are we?" She asked as Ron began to walk away to make the enchantments.

Ethaline grabbed her wand as she also began to utter enchantments when a snap was heard and the sound of leaves being stepped on from behind her made her stop. Everyone she knew was in front of her meaning...

"Didn't think you'd get away did you?"

Ethaline swallowed hard as she met their gaze. Six death eaters surrounded them, each of them starring them down like meat and they were experiencing a rebound hunger. For a moment no one moved before Ethaline uttered a quick spell and provided a distraction for them to run.

The ground below the death eaters erupted into flames, some burning and some apparating away before curing and calling her name as they began to run through the forest.

As she ran Ethaline thought about the fact that they needed to separate. They had to in order to escape them. Hermione was right in front of her, noticing Ethaline take a sharp turn before she yelled her name and went after her.

"Hermione—run!"

"I know what you're doing!" Hermione yelled, aiming her wand back and causing an explosion, "We're sticking together."

"A lovely sentiment!" They heard someone yell from behind them just as they reached a clearing where Ron and Harry had been cornered, "But a death sentence."

Just then Hermione caused a distraction giving Ethaline enough time to stun Harry with a jinx before hesitating to do it to herself. It wouldn't work anyway, her hair gave her away. That and she was the spitting image of the Malfoy family in one. Clearly disgusted with her genetic traits she allowed for them to chain them up.

Ron felt a little relieved, as well as Harry and Hermione, when Ethaline didn't make a fuss about the situation giving them hope. She was either working on a way to get them out or she was imagining how she was going to burn them, either way it was going to be a blood fest and the Trio was more than glad to allow it.

"We've been looking for you," Greyback said, his lips curling upwards into a mischievous smile as he caressed Ethaline's face.

She didn't flinch at his touch and kept the eye contact, taking the werewolf by surprise as he scoffed lightly and pulled away.

"Let's take them in."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 93 36
Yn Malfoy is draco Malfoy's sister and she is coming to Hogwarts but she is different she has a secret that can get people killed and she gets take...
63K 1.8K 96
(A/N: Due to a lot of people asking for a female version of Draco Malfoy. I decided to create this book). Description: Y/N Malfoy, younger twin sis...
15.6K 283 9
Two families. Two purebloods who fell in love. A short Draco Malfoy love story.