Why Me || T. Oikawa

By RinkRat0

Tooru Oikawa appeared perfect on the surface. A pretty face, who was a volleyball star, got along perfectly w... More

Chapter 1: Whats So Special About Him?
Chapter 2: Oikawa Plays Volleyball!?
Chapter 3: Late Night Snack
Chapter 4: This is Who You Really Are F/n L/n
Chapter 5: So That's How it's Gonna Be
Chapter 6: Family
Chapter 7: Unexpected Meetings
Chapter 8: Feelings
Chapter 9: Manager!?
Chapter 10: First Day
Chapter 11: Hang Out
Chapter 12: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 1)
Chapter 13: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 2)
Chapter 14: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Part 3)
Chapter 15: Interhigh-Preliminaries (Finals)
Chapter 16: Aftermath
Chapter 17: Careers
Chapter 18: First-Year Manager
Chapter 19: Fukurลdani Academy!?
Chapter 20: Mad Dog
Chapter 21: Beach Vacation (Part 1)
Chapter 22: Beach Vacation (Part 2)
Chapter 23: Sleepovers
Chapter 24: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 1)
Chapter 25: Spring Interhigh-Qualifiers (Part 2)
Chapter 26: Shiritorzawa vs. Karasuno
Chapter 27: Mia Fujisaki
Chapter 28: Divisions
Chapter 29: I'm Sorry...
Chapter 30: Sick Day
Chapter 31: The Truth Comes Out
Chapter 32: A Dysfunctional Christmas
Chapter 33: New Years'!
Chapter 35: Finding Y/n
Chapter 36: Shiritorizawa
Chapter 37: Home
Chapter 38: First Date
Chapter 39: Chaos
Chapter 40: The End Is Nearing
Chapter 41: Graduation And Goodbyes
Epilogue
THANK YOU!!!

Chapter 34: A Failed Confession

3.1K 103 149
By RinkRat0

No Pov:

   "Alright, men, does everyone know what their duties are?" Ami asks, standing over Iwaizumi, Makki, and Matsukawa with a look of determination. 

   The four of them are currently hanging out at Ami's house, plotting a scheme that may or may not change their friend group forever. The boys are sitting on Ami's couch while Ami stands in front of them. 

   Makki and Matsukawa salute the girl as Iwaizumi sighs, finding the entire idea idiotic.  

   "I don't think it's a good idea to involve ourselves in their relationship. Why can't we just let them figure it out on their own?" Iwaizumi inquires, against the idea. 

   Everyone turns to the muscular boy with judging expressions. Iwaizumi raises his eyebrow at them, wondering why they're looking at him in such an odd way. 

   "Iwaizumi, think about what you just said," Matsukawa sighs. 

   Iwaizumi thinks for a moment before the realization hits him. His eyes grow wide as he facepalms. "Right, I forgot, they're denser than a pair of rocks," He growls, thinking about all the times Oikawa's flirted with you, and you didn't get the hint. And all the times you've gotten flustered because of Oikawa, and he still thinks you don't have feelings for him.   

   "Exactly, so as their friends, we must help them get together," Matsukawa states with a grin. He's only down for Ami's plan because it will be entertaining.  

   "So, are you going to help us, Hajime?" Ami asks, giving Iwaizumi puppy-dog eyes. 

   Iwaizumi stays silent for a few moments, trying to resist, but he gives in after a while. "Ok, fine, I'll help, but if this backfires, I warned you," Iwaizumi sighs, still hesitant. 

   Ami's eye's light up, jumping out of joy. "Yay, operation, get F/n-chan and Oikawa together after 33 chapters of insanity is a go!" The blonde yells, a bright smile resting on her lips. 

~~~~

   Your sitting at your desk, watching the teacher write a bunch crap that you don't understand on the board. Oh, how you love English. It's not like you ever wanted to go to an English-speaking country anyway, so there's really no point in you learning the language. 

   Soon, the final bell of the day rings, indicating that you're free from the hell that is known as school. 

   You pack up your stuff and head up to Oikawa's desk. You can feel the glares of his fangirls, but you're not in the mood to care. 

   "Hey," You greet, giving him a tired wave. 

   Oikawa finishes placing his stuff in his bag and stands in front of you with a smile. "Hey, Shorty-chan. You look stressed. Is everything ok?" Oikawa points out, worried about you. 

   You rub the back of your neck, looking away from the boy. "Yeah, but can you help me with English again tonight, if possible? I'm just not getting it," You sigh, frustrated with your English teacher for never helping you out. 

   Oikawa chuckles. "Wow, you know it's not that hard," He teases, making you glare at him. 

   "Right, and you know Biology isn't that hard either," You state, causing the boy to jump and laugh uncomfortably. 

   "Ok, you can come over," Oikawa says with a smile, ignoring your previous comment. 

   "Thanks, I owe you one," You respond with a warm smile, causing Oikawa to blush. 

   Oikawa goes to say something else, but he spots your blonde best friend sneaking up behind you. 

   "HI BESTIE!!" Ami yells, springing up and placing both hands on your back, pushing you into Oikawa.

   You stumble over your feet, tripping into Oikawa's arms. At this point, the fangirls started going feral, having to be held back by other classmates. 

   Blush covers your face as your head meets Oikawa's chest. Oikawa's face is also turning a dark shade of red. As if on reflex, his hands grab onto your arms. 

   You stay like that for a moment before turning to Ami with an infuriated expression. 

   Ami backs away, nervously chuckling. I'm sorry, boys, but I don't know if I'll get out of this one alive. If not, know I did it for the cause, Ami thinks to herself, face growing pale. 

   You approach her with a shadow covering your eyes. Grabbing her by the collar of her uniform, you drag her down to your level. "You did that on purpose, didn't you?" You ask in a threatening tone.  

   Ami slowly turns her head away from you. "I-I don't know w-what you're talking about," She stutters, her body shaking as she feels your cold fury consume her. 

   "Like hell," You growl, using up all your energy to not punch the girl. 

   Iwaizumi, Makki, and Matsukawa enter your classroom, only to find everyone staring at you and Ami. 

   They sigh, knowing this would happen. Walking up to Oikawa, they greet him. 

   "What'd she do?" Iwaizumi asks, referring to his girlfriend. 

   Oikawa turns to his friends, telling them the story. "O-Oh, well, Ami ran into L/n, and L/n fell into me," The boy explains, still blushing from the contact.    

   Idiot, Iwaizumi thinks, facepalming. He watches as you raise your fist to the girl, deciding that it's time for him to step in. 

   "Hey, you two! Let's get going! I'll buy everyone smoothies on the way home!" Iwaizumi yells over to the two of you, knowing that if he brought up the idea of food, you'd forget about everything else. 

   You let go of Ami, expression turning to one of anticipation. Walking over to the boys, you tell Iwaizumi, "Strawberry," and proceed to make your way out the door with your group following behind. 

   "You owe me for saving your dumbass," Iwaizumi states, looking down at his still, terrified girlfriend. 

   She nods, happy to still be breathing. "Y-Yeah, I really do," She responds, still shaken. 

   As you walk out of the building, your formation changes. The boys in the front, leading the way, and you and Ami in the back. At this point, she's completely forgotten about what happened a few moments ago.     

   Walking out of the front door to the school, your eyes move towards your ex-teammate with long black hair and big purple eyes. She's conversing with a group of Oikawa's fangirls which confuses you a bit.   

   "Well, that's an odd sight," Ami says, looking in the same direction as you. 

   You nit your eyebrows, a focused look on your face. "Why is she talking to them?" You ask, unable to tear your eyes away from them as your pace slows down. 

   Ami looks at you with a questioning gaze. "Maybe they're friends?" Ami inquiries. 

   You shake your head. "Saki would never hang out with girls like that," You state, an uneasy feeling in the pit of your stomach. 

   "Hey, I noticed the two of you have nicknames for each other. And you seem to know a lot about each other. Were you close in the past, besides being teammates?" Ami asks. 

   Your eyes widen for a second but return to normal. "That's a complicated story," You state, looking forward to the boys, blowing the whole situation off. 

   Ami nods her head in response, deciding not to push further. 

~~~~  

   You turn the corner, your neighborhood movie theater coming into view. Continuing to walk, you find Oikawa standing outside.

   Walking up to him, you wave. "Hey, Oikawa, where are the others? Isn't the movie starting in like ten minutes?" You ask. 

   Oikawa looks up at you with a neutral expression. "I don't know. They haven't shown up yet." 

   You place your hand on your chin, thinking for a moment. "I don't get it. Why would Ami go through all the trouble of getting the group together for a movie and not show up?" You question, thinking back to when she invited you and Oikawa.   

Flashback:

   "OIKAWA, F/N-CHAN!" Ami yells, running up to the two of you. Oikawa, and you just exited the school building, being greeted with the rest of your friend group. 

   "What's up?" You ask when she arrives in front of you, the other three boys following closely behind her.    

   Ami holds out two movie tickets to the two of you. "We're seeing a movie together on Sunday! I got you tickets!" She exclaims as you take the tickets from her hands. 

   You and Oikawa examine them, blushing when you see which movie this is. 

   "Isn't this supposed to be a really mature movie?" You ask, feeling a little nervous. 

   Ami nods her head. "Yeah, it is, but I mean, we're all 18 now, so I think it's okay," The blonde states, looking back at Matsukawa. "Besides little baby Matsun, who turns 18 in March," Ami chuckles, watching Matsukawa's expression turns from neutral to offended.   

   "It's only like a month away!" He defends, causing Ami to laugh harder. 

   You watch as they argue with a tired expression. "I guess I'll go," You sigh, still not exactly sold on the idea.   

   Oikawa looks at you and then back to the ticket. "I will too," He states with a grin. 

End of Flashback:

   "They might just be running late," Oikawa speculates, turning towards the doors to the theater, crowds of people surrounding the building. 

   You watch closely as he does this. 

   "Well, since we're here, we might as well go in." 

   You look at him for a moment, sighing. "Yeah, ok, let's go find our seats," You sigh, walking into the building with the brown-haired boy. 

   When you go into the theater, Oikawa bought the two of you popcorn, and you found your seats. In the beginning, it was just some cheesy romance movie. You and Oikawa were both bored out of your minds, seeing every single 'plot twist' coming. Then, about an hour into the movie, you saw why it was rated mature. 

   The main couple is having an intense makeout session, taking each other's clothes off, and getting kinda spicy. 

   All of a sudden, a realization hits you and Oikawa. Those idiots didn't show up on purpose, You think to yourself. 

   You and Oikawa both look at each other at the same time. Making eye contact for a moment, the two of you quickly turn away, your faces a dark shade of red.

   Your gaze shifts around the movie theater, not feeling comfortable with looking at the screen. Oikawa does the same. 

   As if things couldn't get any more awkward, you and Oikawa go for the popcorn at the same time, hands brushing against each other. The two of you jump a little bit, uncomfortably laughing. 

   Overall, the movie experience was terrible, and you and Oikawa are definitely going to give your friends an earful over this little stunt.          

   As you stand outside the building together, the two of you make a promise. 

   "Never speak of this again?" You offer, holding out your pinky finger, an exhausted expression plastered on your face. That had been one of the most traumatizing experiences you've gone through.   

   "Never again," Oikawa responds, intertwining his pinky with yours. 

~~~~

   Ami, Iwaizumi, Makki, and Matsukawa sit outside the school building. Other students walk by them, feeling sorry for the group. It appears as though the third-years haven't slept all week. 

   "Nothing's working," Ami whines, tugging on her own hair, trying to come up with a new plan, but it's no use. You and Oikawa are too oblivious to each other's feelings. 

   Iwaizumi sighs, looking up at the morning sky. "Didn't I tell you we should have just stayed out of it," The boy states, scratching his head, looking back down at his friends. 

   "Yeah, maybe you were right, and we should just let them figure everything out on their own," Matsukawa comments, frustrated with the current situation. 

   Makki turns to Matsukawa. "Do you really think they're capable of that?" Makki questions, causing everyone to sigh in defeat. 

   Ami goes to say something but shuts her mouth once she sees you and Oikawa enter through the front gate.

   Sighing, the blonde stands up. "Come on, we'll think of something later," She says, walking into the school building. 

   The others follow, their heads hanging low. 

~~~~

   Class went by like usual. Though, thanks to Oikawa's help, English is coming easier to you. You did notice that the other third-years were acting a bit down during lunch, but you didn't think much of it.

   You agreed to help Kimiko with her Biology work today because she's failing that class again. She can't go back to volleyball club until she gets her grade up, so you'll be helping her in her classroom today. 

   Once the final bell rings, you get up from your seat and make your way to Oikawa. 

   "Hey, Oikawa, I won't be able to walk home with you today. I'm helping Kimiko with one of her classes," You inform the boy. He picks up his bag, throwing it over his shoulder. 

   "I was planning on going to practice with the underclassman today, so we can still walk home together if you're up for it?" Oikawa offers a small grin resting on his lips. 

   "Sure, but do you really think that's a good idea? Last I checked, you're not doing too well in math right now. Don't you think you should focus your time on studying?" You inquire, placing your hands on your hips. 

   Oikawa breaks out in a cold sweat, looking away from you. "One day can't hurt. And I promise I'll work super hard tomorrow," Oikawa says, causing you to sigh. You already know he's just going to go to the park and play volleyball all day tomorrow.  

   You turn around, walking towards the door. "I'll be in the first-year classes if you need anything," You say, waving your hand to him. 

   "Bye, Shorty-chan!" 

~~~~

   Oikawa sighs, running his hand through his brown hair. He just finished up practice with the underclassman, and now he's on his way to your meeting spot. 

   The cool breeze on his sweaty skin left the boy cold. 

   He turns the corner, arriving at your meeting spot. Looking around, he finds that you haven't yet arrived. 

   But someone was standing there. It appears as though they've been waiting for him.

   The person takes notice of Oikawa's presence, a smirk resting on their face. "Well, well, if it isn't Tooru Oikawa," The person taunts, looking at Oikawa with menacing eyes.   

   Oikawa gulps, knowing that nothing good ever comes from the person's presence. 

~~~~

   You sigh, stretching out your arms and legs. You've been helping Kimiko with her work for hours now. She's finally finished all of her missing assignments, and now she understands what she's supposed to do. 

   You pack up your bag, standing up to leave. Kimiko is planning on staying a little while longer, so she remembers what you taught her. 

   "Well, I'm going now. See you later," You say, turning around and beginning to walk away. 

   "Wait, L/n-senpai, can I ask you something before you leave?" Kimiko asks, preventing you from leaving. 

   You turn to her. "Sure, what's up, Kimi-chan?"

   "When are you going to confess to Oikawa-senpai?" Kimiko bluntly asks, causing you to grow flustered. 

   "W-What!? H-How'd you even know I like him!?" You ask defensively, blush covering your cheeks. 

   Kimiko looks at you with a neutral expression, secretly thinking you're an idiot. "Everyone knows, L/n-senpai. It's not like you're good at hiding it... But Oikawa-senpai's an idiot, so he has no idea," Kimiko explains in her monotone voice. 

   You look at her with wide eyes and an open mouth. "A-Am I really that obvious?" You ask, embarrassment apparent on your features.    

   Kimiko nods. "You are. So when are you telling him?" She asks again, making you sweat. 

   You look away from her. "I-I'm not sure. He probably doesn't feel the same," You state with a sad smile. 

   "You really are stupid, L/n-senpai," Kimiko comments. 

   You look at the smaller girl with a shocked expression, not knowing how to respond to that. 

   Kimiko sighs. You know things must be serious because she's showing the smallest bit of emotion. "Oikawa-senpai has almost every girl in the school after him, and yet he chooses you to hang out with. He walks you home every day and always wants to go to your apartment. Then on top of all of that, he lets you see him in his vulnerable moments. If you don't think you're special to him, then your stupid," Kimiko lectures, making your heart rate speed up. 

   What she's saying is true. 

   All of a sudden, Oikawa's words from back in the summer ring through your head. You're special to me, Shorty-chan. 

   You begin to think about all the times he treated you differently from everyone else, feeling dumb for not realizing it sooner. 

   Your eyes are wide, looking at Kimiko. "H-How would I tell him?" You ask. 

   Kimiko gives you a small smile, glad you've finally opened your eyes. "Tell him tonight when you walk home together. It's the perfect opportunity," She states. 

   Your blush deepens. "W-Why so soon?" You question. You would rather have time to prepare yourself.    

   "Why would you wait to be happy?" Kimiko asks you back, causing you to grow even more surprised. That's what you've been doing all along...waiting to be happy. 

   You laugh to yourself. Whether it was out of joy, fear, excitement, you can't tell. 

   "You're right," You agree with the girl, turning around to leave. "I have to tell him." 

   Kimiko gives you a small, warm smile. "Good luck," She says, going back to writing things down in her notebook. 

   Right as you go to leave, three different girls barge into the classroom, causing you and Kimiko to jump. 

   One of the girls looks at you in relief. Running up to you, she grabs you by the arm. "L/n-san, thank god! Kyotani and Yahaba got into a fight! You have to break it up before they hurt each other!" She yells. 

   You and Kimiko recognize them as Oikawa's fangirls.  

   You raise your eyebrow at them. "Where are the others?" You question. 

   Another one of the girls steps forward, a panicked look on her face. You recognize her from the drama club.  "They already went home," She states.

   What? You think to yourself, not really in the mood to break up a fight tonight. "What about Oikawa?" You ask. 

   "We can't find him!" The third girl exclaims. 

   "Great," You mutter under your breath, taking a binder out of your bag, prepared to beat them with it if necessary. "Where are they?" You ask. 

   "This way," Fangirl number one says, letting go of your arm and leading the way along with the other girls. 

   You run along with the girls, wondering why those two are at each other's throats this time. 

~~~~   

(Back to Oikawa)

   Oikawa gulps, knowing that nothing good ever comes from the person's presence.

   "What are you doing here, Fujisaki," Oikawa asks the black-haired, purple-eyed girl.  

    Mia's smirk grows, pushing herself off the wall she had been leaning on, a cold chill slicing through the air. "To talk to you actually," She states, approaching Oikawa until she's toe to toe with him. 

   Oikawa glares down at her, rage racing through his blood. 

   Mia looks him in the eyes, pleased with his reaction. "Aww, what's that look for, Tooru?" The girl mocks in a fake innocent tone. 

   "Don't call me that," Oikawa growls, a bad feeling consuming him. 

   Mia laughs to herself. "Why are you so cold to me? I seem to remember you being a lot nicer," Mia taunts in a mischievous tone. Oikawa is easily able to tell she's planning something. 

   "What do you want? Let me guess it has something to do with L/n," Oikawa inquires, already having an idea as to where this conversation is going.   

   Still smirking, Mia takes a step away from Oikawa. "Wow, you're not as dumb as you look," Mia states, causing a vein to pop out of Oikawa's head. "Yeah, it does have something to do with her...Tell me, do you have romantic feelings for N/n?" Mia questions, looking at Oikawa with intense and intimidating eyes.   

   The brown-haired boy is caught off guard. His eyes widening for a moment before returning to a glare. "Why would you care? You hate her," Oikawa responds, confused by the black-haired girl's actions. 

   Mia looks back down to her feet. "Figures," She says in an almost sad tone, causing Oikawa to raise a brow. "You're right about me hating her... but you see, it looks like N/n didn't tell you the full story," Mia begins, making Oikawa confused. "You see, we weren't just teammates...N/n and I are childhood best friends," Mia explains in a manipulative tone. 

   Oikawa's eyes grow wide, shock and astonishment rushing through him. "W-What?" Oikawa stutters. 

   "That's right, I've known N/n since Elementary School. I still remember our little play dates and games of hide and seek. We use to be inseparable," Mia insinuates, making Oikawa grow more and more surprised. 

   The boy's frozen in place, struggling to comprehend Mia's words. 

   Mia maniacally laughs to herself once more. "I'll take a wild guess and say you like her," Mia says, making Oikawa's eyes narrow, a nervous feeling in the pit of his stomach. 

   "I still don't get it. How does that information benefit you?" Oikawa speculates. 

   Mia smirks, stepping closer to Oikawa, hearing faint footsteps in the distance. "I know a lot about N/n, more than you could ever comprehend. I've seen how she acts around guys. She treats you much differently than boys like Bokuto and Akaashi...She lets you in, lets you see her true and vulnerable self, takes comfort in your presence," Mia starts, inching closer to Oikawa. 

   Oikawa backs up until his back hits the wall behind him, Mia only centimeters away. The footsteps get louder and louder, but Oikawa is too in shock to notice. "W-What are you saying?" Oikawa asks, his heart's beating so fast, he thinks he might have a heart attack. 

   The smirk that's been on Mia's lips this entire encounter grows to its peak. "N/n fell for you hard. It's so obvious she's head over heels for you," Mia purrs, taking careful note of the fast-approaching footsteps, estimating a group of about four people a few hallways away.   

   Blush covers Oikawa's face as his expression turns to one of complete shock. "S-She l-likes me?" The boy asks, almost rhetorically.   

   "I personally have nothing against you and your happiness," Mia begins once again, confusing Oikawa. "But N/n's a different story." Mia grabs Oikawa's tie, pulling him closer to her. The footsteps indicate that someone is about to turn the corner, causing Mia to take this opportunity and act. "I apologize for what's about to happen...But I can't let her be happy," Mia states. 

   She pulls on the boy's tie, crashing her lips onto his. 

   Oikawa's eyes widen, freezing in place, his body grows numb from the shock, unable to move. 

   BAM!!

   The loud and sudden noise pulls Oikawa from his state of shock, pushing Mia away from him, and as if on reflex snapping his head in the direction of the loud noise. 

   But when he does this, he's hit with a wave of instant regret, being met with his worst nightmare. 

   You're standing right in front of him, three other girls he doesn't remember seeing before, standing around you with shocked and angry expressions. Tears are rolling from your eyes, the binder you were planning on hitting Kyotani and Yahaba with, lying at your feet. 

   Oikawa looks at you with a mortified expression, the realization of the situation hitting him all at once, overloading his brain, causing tears to swell up in his eyes. 

   "L/n, It's not what it looks like!!" Oikawa tries to explain. His breathing becomes unsteady as he panics.    

   A sad smile makes its way to your lips as you turn your gaze to the ground, tears still flowing from your e/c eyes. "How pathetic," You mutter, talking about yourself. Swiping your binder from the floor, you sprint in the opposite direction, wanting to wash your eyes out with bleach and forget about how cruel the world is to you. 

   "NO! L/N, WAIT!" Oikawa calls out, running after you. 

   Mia and the fangirls watch as the two of you disappear from their sight. As soon as they're gone, one of the fangirls grabs Mia by the collar of her uniform, throwing her into the wall. 

   "What the hell, Mia!? You kissing Oikawa was never a part of the plan!" The girl yells. The other two fangirls circle Mia with furious expressions. 

   "It was the only way," Mia states in a lifeless tone. 

   The girl holding her to the wall picks up her hand and slaps Mia. The sound of the impact echoes through the halls. "Bullshit!!! You could have just flirted with him or something!!" The infuriated girl yells. 

   Mia looks at her with lifeless eyes. "That wouldn't have sent N/n running," Mia explains. 

   The fangirls curse her for being right, growing frustrated. 

   "Ok, then why did it have to be you that kissed him?" One girl hisses out of jealousy, not understanding why it couldn't have been her. 

   "Because...it wouldn't have hurt her as much if it was one of you. It was either have N/n and Oikawa start dating, causing the three of you to be nothing more than an afterthought, or have me, someone that has zero feelings for Oikawa, kiss him," Mia explains, hoping their pea-sized brains will get it. 

   "And how do we know you don't have feelings for him too?" Fangirl one accuses, her face turning red from anger.

   Mia smirks, causing the girls to grow uneasy. "If I truly liked Oikawa...I would have never done something that I knew would hurt him," Mia states, causing the fangirls to lose it completely.

   Fangirl one backhands Mia, making another loud slapping sound. "You bitch," The girl growls, letting go of Mia and backing away. "Come on, girls. Let's go," She orders, leading her group away from Mia.

   Once they're out of Mia's sight, the black-haired girl mumbles to herself, rubbing her face. "You're the real bitches here...At least I wouldn't hurt the one I claim to love."

~~~~

   Oikawa chases after you, wind zipping through his hair. His heart's racing out of his chest, pure panic and adrenaline taking over his body. He can't lose you, not after all that's happened, not after all you've been through together. You're the first girl to call him out on being fake and the first girl that wanted to get to know the real him. And now it's about to end as abruptly as it started... No, he won't let that happen. 

   You're racing in front of him, tears streaming down your cheeks. 

   I knew he could never like me. How could I be so stupid, believing I actually had a chance, You think, mind clouded with pain. 

   "L/n! Please, slow down!!" Oikawa calls out in a panicked voice. "I-It wasn't what it looked like!" He yells, trying to get you to listen. 

   Why are you still following me?... Go be with your girlfriend and forget I ever existed, You think, feeling a sharp pain running through your knee as you try to move your legs faster. 

   I hate this.

   Why am I even running... It's not like he was my boyfriend or anything, so I don't have a right to be this upset. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

   Damn it... 

.

.

.

.

.

.

   I wish I never met you...

   Oikawa gains ground on you, reaching out his hand to grab your arm and stop you from running, just like he'd done time and time again. 

   He sees his opportunity, stretching out his arm as far as possible and attempting to grab you. The tips of his fingers graze your soft and delicate skin, completely missing your arm. 

   You put all the power you can into propelling yourself forward with your legs, pulling away from Oikawa, the pain in your knee growing more and more intense, but you choose to ignore it.      

   Oikawa watches as you pull ahead after every corner you turned.  

   Eventually, Oikawa's worst fear comes to pass. 

   He lost you. 

   He calls out your name in a frantic tone, running through the neighborhood... but it was no use. He can't find you. You're gone. Knowing how fast of a runner you are, the chances of him finding you now aren't very high. 

   Meanwhile, you're still running, Oikawa's voice growing further and further away. 

   Stupid, stupid, stupid...how could I let myself like him? I should have known it would end up like this from the start, You think to yourself, the pain in your knee becoming unbearable.

   You keep running, tears covering your face. 

   Eventually, your knee gives out on you, causing you to fall to the ground, scraping yourself up on the concrete. 

   Shit, You think, realizing how much pain your body's in.   

   Why her? You question, in too much pain to move. You can barely move your leg, and now your face, shoulder, arm, thighs, and knees are scraped up. Then on top of all of that, rain starts trickling down from the sky. 

   Today hasn't been your day. 

   You lie on the ground, the pain and darkness consuming you. 

   That is until a familiar figure appears in front of you. 

   "F/n..." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm in pain 😃. Why do I do this to myself? On a happier note, I started watching Bungo Stray Dogs, and now I have 3 new husbands to add to the list. 100% would recommend.  

Also, I just realized that my dumbass has been spelling Mia's name wrong this whole time. Her name is pronounced as Maya but spelled like Mia. I did this because I didn't want her to have the same name as the Miya twins. 

Anyways, I hope you all enjoyed this chapter and I'll see all of you in the next one. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 6K 21
*:๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๐’๐ก๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ฌ ๐š๐ง๐ ๐ž๐ฅ ๐ž๐ฒ๐ž๐ฌ. ๐“๐ก๐ž ๐๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ'๐ฌ ๐ ๐ซ๐ข๐ง. ๐€๐ง๐ ๐ญ๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐ž๐ ๐ฐ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฌ. โœง๏ฝฅ๏พŸ:* After losing her sports scholarship...
12.3K 651 25
"Can I entrust you with my future?" oikawa x reader cover by: ่’ผไบ• in pixiv summary: (f/n) is an unknown writer and artist, and oikawa tooru is her fan...
15.5K 338 24
"๐—ฌ๐—ผ๐˜‚'๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐˜€๐—ผ ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด" โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช โžช l/n Y/n used to be neighbors with the one and only Tooru Oikawa. For being...
17.9K 482 27
So my english is ... its ok so don't complain ( ร–-ร– ) It's gonna be a long story so buckle up my dudes !!! it's gonna be - cringe - fun - romant...