Butterflies|H. Potter

By nifflercookie

π•­π–šπ–™π–™π–Šπ–—π–‹π–‘π–Žπ–Šπ–˜:In which Y/n L/n arrives to Hogwarts for her 4th year and her best friend introduces h... More

πΊπ‘œπ‘π‘™π‘’π‘‘ π‘œπ‘“ πΉπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘’
𝑂𝑛𝑒|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
π‘‡π‘€π‘œ|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
π‘‡β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝑆𝑖π‘₯|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝑇𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝐸𝑙𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝑇𝑀𝑒𝑙𝑣𝑒|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
π‘‡β„Žπ‘–π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘’π‘›|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝐹𝑖𝑓𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝑆𝑖π‘₯𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 4
π‘‚π‘Ÿπ‘‘π‘’π‘Ÿ π‘œπ‘“ π‘‘β„Žπ‘’ π‘ƒβ„Žπ‘œπ‘’π‘›π‘–π‘₯
𝑂𝑛𝑒|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
π‘‡π‘€π‘œ|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
π‘‡β„Žπ‘Ÿπ‘’π‘’|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
πΉπ‘œπ‘’π‘Ÿ|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
𝑆𝑖π‘₯|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
𝑆𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
πΈπ‘–π‘”β„Žπ‘‘|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
𝑁𝑖𝑛𝑒|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
𝑇𝑒𝑛|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5
π»π‘Žπ‘™π‘“ π΅π‘™π‘œπ‘œπ‘‘ π‘ƒπ‘Ÿπ‘–π‘›π‘π‘’
please read.

𝐹𝑖𝑣𝑒|π‘Œπ‘’π‘Žπ‘Ÿ 5

635 25 33
By nifflercookie

Umbridge taking over and DA

"Then name her after me!"

3RD PERSON POV

"Everything alright?" asked Ann putting her book away on her bedside table as Y/n walked into their dorm. "Was it that bad?" she asked again.

"It was horrible! She made us write lines with some strange quills and the words got carved into our hands!" vented Y/n as she showed her best friend her hand which gasped and quickly ran to her trunk and got out a bandage passing it to Y/n. 

"Have you named your owl yet?" asked Ann looking at the small owl sitting peacefully on Y/n's trunk.

"No not yet" she looked at her owl then back at her best friend. "I can't come up with some names. Have you got any good ones in your book?"

After hearing Y/n's words, Ann's eyes immediately lit up and she started thinking about a name.

"Mom said shes a girl" added Y/n

"Then name her after me!" Ann
smiled  but got a frown from Y/n. "Ok fine. How about Aelia? It means sun" she explained

"Yeah." agreed Y/n "I think it suits her."

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

The next morning, Y/n and Ann walked into the great hall and Y/n started to head towards the Slytherin table until someone grabbed her arm.

"Look," said Ann pointing to where Hermione, Ron and Ginny were sitting. "Go sit with them. You haven't been spending any time with them."

Y/n took a second to think and ended up going to sit with the gryffindors.

"What? I'm hungry!" Y/n geared Ron say as she got closer to their table.

"Y/n!" Ginny said looking up from her food.

"Hello" said Y/n sitting next to Hermione and across Ron and Ginny.

"You remembered that I exist?" scoffed Ron dramatically.

"Don't be so dramatic Ronald" chuckled Y/n, starting to put food on her plate and continuing her conversation with her friends, although the fun didn't last long because Harry was now slowly making his way towards them.

"Harry!" exclaimed Hermione

"Can I join you?" he asked awkwardly. Hermione looked at Y/n who was whispering something they couldn't hear to Ginny who occasionally looked at Harry, give him a dirty look then go back to Y/n.

But before Hermione got to answer his question they heard something outside the great hall. They turned their heads towards the source of the noise then got up and went to see whats causing it.

When they arrived they saw Professor McGonagall and Professor Umbridge having a not so pleasant conversation.

"Pardon me, professor, but what exactly are you insinuating?" asked Umbridge glaring at the transfiguration teacher.

"I am merely requesting that when it comes to my students... you conform to the prescribed disciplinary practices!" she answered

"So silly of me, but it sounds... as if you're questioning my authority in my classroom... Minerva." Umbridge asked taking a step up the stairs

"Not at all, Dolores, merely your medieval methods." McGonagall answered in the same tone as the DADA teacher.

"I am sorry, dear. But to question my practices is to question the Ministry... and by extension, the minister himself. I am a tolerant woman... but the one thing I will not stand for is disloyalty."

"Disloyalty." said McGonagall in disbelief

"Things at Hogwarts are far worse than I feared." said Umbridge, now looking at the students who were watching everything. "Cornelius will want to take immediate action!"

And thats where it all began. Umbridge was made high inquisitor and started taking over the school. She kept making new rules and asking the teachers questions.

"Just one question, dear." she said now asking Professor Snape. "You applied first for the Defense Against the Dark Arts post, is that correct?"

"Yes." he answered

"But you were unsuccessful?"

"Obviously."

"Could you please predict something for me?" she asked now asking Professor Trelawney

"I'm sorry?"

"One teensy little prophecy?" but the Divination professor kept staring at her not speaking anything. "Pity." she said.

"No, wait. Wait, no. I think I do see something." started Trelawney "Yes, I do. Something dark.You are in grave danger."

"Lovely." said Umbridge, unbothered and leaving the classroom.

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

As Y/n and Ann were walking the halls they noticed a big grup rushing in one direction. Y/n looked at her best friend as they started to fallow everyone, follow Harry talking to Cho. They soon saw Trelawney with lots of bags around her.

"Sixteen years I've lived and taught here!" said Trelawney. "Hogwarts is my home. You can't do this."

"Actually, I can." said Umbridge smiling at what she caused.

When McGonagall noticed what was going on she quikly went over to them and pulled Trelawney into a hug glaring at Umbrige.

"Something you'd like to say?" she asked in her usual fake-sweet voice.

"Oh, there are several things I would like to say!" she said angrily "There..."

Soon the doors of the hall opened dramaticly as Dumbledore joined the scean.
"Professor McGonagall, might I ask you to escort Sybil back inside?"

"Sybil, dear. This way."said McGonagall, now going inside.

"Thank you." the divination said to the Headmaster, whi gave her a smile.

"Dumbledore, may I remind you that under the terms... of Educational Decree Number-" Umbrige started but was cought off by Dumbledore

"You have the right to dismiss my teachers. You do not, however, have the authority to banish them from the grounds. That power remains with the headmaster." he explained

"For now..."

"Don't you all have studying to do?!" said Dumbledore loudly making everyone leave.

"I didnt think she would go that far!" said Y/n who was leaving with Ann.

"Me neither!" Ann admited

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

As Y/n was walking towards her next class she heared someone call her name behind her. She turned around and saw Hermione cautching up to her.

"Y/n! Hi!" she said as she breathed heavely

"Did you run a marathod Hermione?" chuckled Y/n.

"Kind of. Anyway come with ne please!" she said taking the slytherins hand and started to run dragging Y/n with her. Soon they arrived in a bathroom and Hermione let go of Y/n's hand.

"Why are we here?"

"We have to be somewhere where people dont come often and most people are in classes right now." explained Hermione.

"Is everything alright?" asked Y/n now  getting worried.

"Well yeah i guess." said Hermione. "So before you say no i want you to listen to me" Y/n nodded slowly, now knowing what her Gryffindor friend is talking about. "So me and a few other Gryffindors decided to make a grup you can say where Harry can teach us defensive spells." she explained

"And we will be meeting in Hogshead later to decide some details but you cant tell anyone. I already told Ann she she said she will be there."

"Ok ill be there"

Hermione smiled at the slytherin wrapping her in a hug.

"We'll be fine" Y/n reasured her friend

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

"Look on the bright side: you can't be any worse than old toad face." joked Ron as him, Harry and Hermione were they were going to Hog's Head.

"Thanks, Ron." said Harry sarcasticly

"I'm here for you, mate."

"Who's supposed to be meeting us, then?" asked Harry

"Just a couple of people." answered Hermione as they walked inside.

As they walked into the room where everyone was sitting in Harry noticed that there were a lot of people. He looked around wanting to see who he knew from everyone. There were a lot of people who he didnt know but he also found some familar faces but then he realized that both Y/n and Cho where there.

The next thing he knew Y/n turned form her conversation with Ann and looked dorectly at him as him, Ron and Hermione were biw sitting on some chairs.

They kept eye contact untill Harry looked away from her and turned his attention to Hermione who stood up and started speaking.

"Um..Hi." she started awkwardly. "So you all know why we're here. We need a teacher. A proper teacher. One who's had experience defending themselves against the Dark Arts."

"Why?" someone asked

"Why?!" asked Ron agrily. "Because You-Know-Who's back, you tosspot!"

"So him and L/n say."

"So Dumbledore says!" Hermione argued

"So Dumbledore says because he says. The point is, where's the proof?"

Just as Y/n was about to stat speaking a boy next to Ginny started.

"If Potter or L/n could tell us more about how Diggory got killed..."

"I'm not gonna talk about Cedric, so if that's why you're here, clear out now and Im im sure Y/n isnt going to talk about it either."

"Come on, Hermione. They're here because they think I'm some sort of freak." Harry wishpered to his Best friend as they broke into a wishpering argument about wheather or not they should leave.

"Is it true you can produce a Patronus Charm?" asked Luna Lovegood

"Yes. I've seen it." said Hermione

"Blimey, Harry. I didn't know you could do that."

"And he killed a basilisk, with the sword in Dumbledore's office." said Neville a bit hesitant at first.

"Third year, he fought off about a hundred Dementors at once." intreveared Ron

"Did he really do that?" Y/n wishpered to Ann

"Yeah he did. Everyone was talking about that" she wishpered back.

"And last year, he really did fight off You-Know-Who in the flesh and Y/n can confirm that." said Hermione

"Wait. Look, it all sounds great when you say it like that... but the truth is, most of that was just luck. I didn't know what I was doing half the time. I nearly always had help." said Harry

"He's just being modest."

"No, Hermione, I'm not. Facing this stuff in real life is not like school."

"In school, if you make a mistake, you can just try again tomorrow. But out there... when you're a second away from being murdered... or watching a friend die right before your eyes... You don't know what that's like."

"You're right, Harry, we don't. That's why we need your help. Because if we're going to have any chance at beating..." she hesitated. "Voldemort..."

"He's really back." asked a younger student which Hermione nodded.

Afterwords everyine formed a line and started signing. After Y/n and Ann signed they left the pub and waited outside for Ginny.

Soon she came out but not alone. She was with the ravenclaw, who most people think is crazy, laughing toghther. The two slytherins heared about her but never got the chance to meet her.

"Hey girls!" greeted Ginny. "I dont think you have meet so this is Luna Lovegood!" she said happily.

"Im Y/n L/n and this is Anabelle Evele but Ann for short"

"Nice to meet you" said Luna in her usual dreamy voice as she said goodbye and headed towards the castle.

"She seems nice" admited Ann

"She really is" said Ginny smiling at the older girls. They were soon joined by Ron, Hermione, the twins, Neville and Harry as they all started walking back.

Having to be even near Harry was a thing that Y/n hated more and more as days went by, so walking with the same grup as him wasnt her favourite thing to do.

"Right. First we need to find a place to practice... where Umbridge won't find out." said Harry as they were walking across the bridge

"The Shrieking Shack." suggested Ginny

"It's too small."

"Forbidden Forest?"

"Not bloody likely."

'Harry, what happens if Umbridge does find out?" asked Ginny

"Who cares?" said Hermione. "I mean, it's sort of exciting, isn't it, breaking the rules?"

Everyone was shocked to hear the Hermione not caring about rules. Y/n, who unlike fred and George, wasnt an experinced trouble-maker was still happy to see her close friend live a bit.

"Who are you and what have you done with Hermione Granger?" Ron said dramaticly making everyone laugh.

┏━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┓
Hello!

Sorry i took so long
to update again!

Hope your having
a good day/night!

Please tell me of you
see any mistakes

published:31-03-2021

2053 words

-nifflercookie <3

┗━━━━━━༻❁༺━━━━━━┛

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.1K 199 12
I suck at writing summaries I apologise in advance. Based off the movies not books! Y/N is a Weasley, and a twin. Ronald's twin. Going back to Hogwar...
4.4K 193 12
I suck at writing summaries I apologise in advance. Based off the movies not books! Y/N was adopted by the Weasleys long ago and raised as one of the...
1.4K 62 11
Y/n L/n, the pureblood related to none other than Draco Malfoy, but they're complete opposites. She meets the famous Harry Potter, becomes a Gryffind...
423K 9.3K 62
"tell me potter, is that all i am to you?" β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ harryxreader they/she pronouns will be used:) β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’β€’ y/n l/n, starting their fourth year at hogwar...