Gate: Thus S.A.T.O Fought The...

By IMajorBeast

IW/AW and Halo - Gate Crossover S.A.T.O Infinity was exploring the vast distance of space, when they discover... More

Chapter 1: A New Discovery
Chapter 2: Welcome To Falmart
Chapter 3: Lone Wolf
Chapter 4: Past meets Future
Chapter 5: Battle Of Italica and Diet Meeting
Chapter 6: Diet Session
Chapter 7: Tour Of Japan
Chapter 8: The Hakone Mountain Night Battle
Chapter 9: Hotel Fight
Chapter 10: Return To Falmart (Gun Show)
Chapter 11: Vehicle and Weapon Demonstration
Chapter 12: Recon Duty (Short Story)
Chapter 13: Operation: Hunting Party
Chapter 14: Tour of the Infinity
Chapter 15: New Troops, New Missions
Chapter 16: Training Facility
Chapter 17: Crew Expandable
Chapter 18: Team Player
Chapter 19: Capital Assault
Chapter 20: Wolverines
Chapter 21: Down The Rabbit Hole
Chapter 22: Holiday Visitors
Chapter 23: Daddy's Home
Chapter 24: Merry Christmas
Chapter 25: Preperations
Chapter 26: London Has Fallen
Chapter 27: Escaping London
Chapter 28: Embassy Siege
Chapter 29: Preparing for Battle (Short Story)
Chapter 30: Welcome To My World
Chapter 31: The Easy Day Was Yesterday
Chapter 32: Seahawkins Seafort
Chapter 33: Next Operation (Short Story)
Chapter 34: Operation: Goalpost
Chapter 35: Deniable Ops
Chapter 36: American Consumption
Chapter 37: Bag and Drag
Chapter 38: Manhunt
Chapter 39: Street Fight
Chapter 40: Battle of Los Angeles (Updated)
Chapter 41: Site F
Chapter 42: The Gulag
Chapter 43: First Contact
Chapter 44: Battle of Italica II
Chapter 45: A New Enemy
Chapter 46: Reinforcements
Chapter 47: Battle Of Eliptical Sagittarius
Chapter 48: Collapse of Firebase Alpha
Chapter 49: Fighting In Two Fronts
Chapter 50: Tying Up Loose Ends (Short Brief)
Chapter 51: Loose Ends
Chapter 53: Site Hotel Bravo
Chapter 53: Endgame
Chapter 54: Six Invitational
Chapter 55: Spies vs Mercs

Chapter 52: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend

627 19 3
By IMajorBeast

Location: Kandahar, Afghanistan
Time: 1200 Hours
Date: 04/28/2013

Somewhere in the junkyards of Afghanistan were Alpha-9 and Task Force 141. The squad itself was stuck in the middle of a firefight between Gen.Shepherd's Shadow Company's and Makarov's Ultranationalist soldiers. Both Fireteams are trying they're best to stay away from the fight as long as possible without being compromised.

"Roach? Ghost?" Sgt. McTavish asked in his earpiece of his two S.A.S. troopers. "Come in, Ghost?! Does anyone copy?!"

"Price, the team in Georgia isn't responding." Gaz reported worry evident in his voice as the Ghost and his Fireteam isn't responding to they're call.

"They're dead." Price said bluntly hiding in the junkyard alone while watching the bloodbath between the Ultranationalists and the Shadow's. "Shepherd's cleaning house. I'm making my way back to you." Price said staying away from the combat zone and silently moving using the wrecked planes for cover.

"Shepherd betrayed us." Soap said with anger and venom in his voice.

"Have to trust to be betrayed. I never did."

"That bastard is dead the next time we see him." Gaz said regrouping with his team.

On the other side of the scrapyard is Alpha-9 consisting of Buck, Mickey, Romeo, and Dutch. All four of them are wearing they're ODSTs powered assault armor. Like Price and his team Alpha-9 is regrouping with Cpt. Price as they too were hiding using he wreckage as they're cover.

"Price, we've got a problem."

"Go ahead, Gunny."

"I'm trying to contact our pilot from Bagram Airfield, but it appears Shepherd's Shadow's took over the airfield and took out our pilot." Buck reported.

"What?!"

"Yeah. Bastards took out our exfil. Same with Ghost's own exfil. We're stuck."

"Where do you think they're going to take those choppers?" Romeo asked.

"Save the questions for later. Right not our prio is to get the hell outta here."

"Any ideas, old man." Mickey asked.

Price thought of something. Making a helicopter flyby would be too dangerous to get out and since Shepherd's men took over the nearest military base on they're location they can't risk of contacting the airfield as he knows it's a trap. But they still need to get out. Staying here wouldn't be an option, even with the ODSTs they don't have any heavy ordinance to combat the helicopters and AFVs both sides were using on the battle.

An idea pop up of Price's head it would be risky, but he has no other options. "I have an idea." He said.

"You do?" Gaz asked with a bit of doubt.

"I'm contacting Nikolai and haul us outta here."

"What vehicle would he be using?" Dutch asked.

"That depends on him."

Before Alpha-9 could respond several Shadow's spotted them. "Contact!" Buck said dropping an enemy with his Pulse Rifle.

This got the attention of the enemy soldiers around them and concentrated they're fire towards the ODSTs. Romeo got to cover his armors shield flickered with every bullet bouncing off his armor. He quickly popped out and returned fire. "Eat this suckers!" He exclaimed. Usinv overdrive he drop down 5 enemies in the chest.

"Dutch, Mickey, cover our sides. Romeo, the rear. I'll take the front." Buck ordered.

"Copy!" They chorused.

As ordered each of them took they're designated positions. Dutch covered the left with Mickey on the right using they're shotguns and taking out any soldiers near them. Romeo moved to the rear taking out any enemy coming from behind them while Buck covered the front.

"Price, might want to hurry up with that call of yours. Most of the enemies is right outside our doorstep." Buck said tossing a cluster grenade which separated and detonated 3 AFVs on the road.

"Nikolai, do you have our location?" Price asked his old friend.

"Da. Inbound, Price. But I am not the only one." Nikolai replied back warning them of upcoming danger.

"He's right." Buck confirmed. "We've got at least 10 maybe 20 enemy helicopters inbound on our position."

"We've got Shepherd's men on one side and Makarov's men on the other." Nikolai said.

"We'll have to take out all of them then." Price said.

"Or let them take each other out." Buck responded.

"Either way. I'll see on the other side, My friend." Price said cutting off the channel with Nikolai. "Buck, listen to me. Nikolai is going to be landing on the airstrip with a C-130 along with several Rainbow and 141 Operators. I want you and your men to take point and clear the L.Z. for him to land."

"You got it."

"The rest of you get to the airstrip and use the planes for cover. If you don't have anymore ammo's pick up any weapon on the ground you see."

Back with Alpha-9, the ODSTs received the message from Cpt. Price and are preparing to move out. "Romeo, how far is the airstrip from our location?" Buck asked dropping another hostile.

"We're just 150m away from the airstrip. Nikolai's plane should be here in less than 5 minutes. Max."

"Alright." Buck said planning first before executing his plan. "I'll take point outside. Dutch, Mickey you got our sides. Romeo you cover our six." Buck ordered.

"Copy that." They chorused.

"Stack up." Buck ordered as they stack up the planes door. Romeo tapped Dutch's shoulder before he passed it to Mickey and he passed it Buck. "Move!" He ordered exiting the plane and instantly dropping the enemies in his view.

The others behind him followed right back. They formed a diamond formation with Buck in the lead. Mickey on the right, Dutch on the left and Romeo on they're six.

The ODSTs did they're best to take out as much enemies as they can while also being to take cover. Dutch spotted 5 enemies in his radar, he first reloaded his shotgun before waiting. As the Russians got out of they're cover he surprised them as he shot them down. Mickey is the opposite side of Dutch he too uses his shotgun to take out the enemies flanking them. Romeo is guarding they're six making sure nothing gets pass the diamond.

"Airstrip ahead." Buck said as they stopped behind a destroyed car. "Cloak." He ordered as they all went invisible. "Use your drones and target those enemy vehicles.

They did as they were told and activated they're AT-AD Drones. The drones itself is armed with a laser weapon and a bomb. They controlled they're drones and took out most of the enemies in the airstrip.

"Mickey, you and I will push the rubble away the airfield and give Nikolai some space to land." He ordered as the ODST nodded. "Dutch, Romeo give us some cover fire." The two also nodded. "Price, this is Buck. We've cleared the airfield and our moving the rubble."

"Copy." Price replied back. "All teams, this is Price head to rally point. Trust no-one but us." He ordered as his team got out of they're cover and make they're way to the airstrip. "Nikolai, ne advised the L.Z. is clear. I repeat the L.Z. is clear to land. Watch out for enemy AA weapons."

"On my way, Cpt. Price."

Gaz and Alex were together and are moving to the side avoiding the fight between Maka men and the Shepherd's own Shadow's. It was nest for them to avoid being detected since they don't have the armor or protection of the ODSTs.

"Two targets." Alex said pointing at two Russian soldiers communicating with command.

"I'll take the left." Gaz said moving past him.

They took out their combat knife and quickly slash they're throats they're screams were not even heard as the sound of gunfire and explosion silenced it.

The only person who is not doing anything right now is Price as he silently kill a Russian communication operator and took it's radio. The look in his eyes were rage and fury and still couldn't get it out his head when he heard Shepherd's betrayal. He grabbed the radio and switched to a private channel to avoid being traces to his location.

"Makarov, this is Price. Shepherd's a war hero now." Price greeted the Russian Ultranationalist. "He's got your operations playbook and he's got a blank check. Give me what you've got on Shepherd and I'll take care of the rest." He requested but no reply came from the other side. "I know you can hear me on this channel, Makarov. You and I both know you won't last a week."

"And neither will you." Makarov's voice came from the other side.

"Makarov... you ever heard and old saying... "the enemy of my enemy is my friend."" Price quoted.

"Price, you're gonna find once day they cut both ways." Makarov replied. "Shepherd is using Site Hotel Six. You know where it is. I'll see you in hell."

"Looking forward to it. Give my regards to Zakhaev if you get there first." With that Price cut the line and focused on the objective. He looked forward to see the airstrip just in front him. He took cover avoiding the firefight between the Russians and the Shawdows. He got to the airstrip to see most of the 141 and the ODSTs taking cover and firing back.

"Cpt. Price, I'm here." Nikolai reported as the C-130 landed in front of them.

"Everyone inside. Now!"

The 141 entered first followed by Alpha-9. Buck give the thumbs up to Price telling him they're all aboard. "Floor it, Nikolai!"

The C-130 gained speed as it was trying to takeoff. Bullets then suddenly hits the side of the aircraft and the bullet hole was large. It hits Alex right in the left leg piercing his skin and cutting through his bone.

"Argh!" Alex shouted in pain but was completely muffled as Soap puts a towel in his mouth to keep him from screaming.

"We've got enemies in our tail. Take it out." Price ordered shooting s car with his M203 Grenade Launcher.

Others such as Dutch, Romeo, Soap and Mickey joined Price as they took out the enemies coming from behind them. Buck stayed on Alex's side and quickly applied bio-foam on his leg to seal the wound, but Buck can tell that they have to amputate the leg once they landed.

The C-130 soon took off as Nikolai closed the door allowing the team inside to give a sigh of relief as they managed to get out of the scrapyard with no casualties save for Alex who is injured but survived the minigun shot from the leg.

The only person who is not relaxed is Price himself. Once he seated he kept his Sniper rifle down clenching the rifle tight as his knuckle starts to turn white from the anger his releasing. Most of the 141 knew of Price's past military experience. He already lost soldiers before under his command with recently the operation in Russia of stopping Zakhaev which cost him the lives of 10 American and British soldiers. While the others survived he was responsible for the deaths of those men under his command. Now he lost 4 more men.

The others around him didn't bother talking to the old Captain as they just left him there.

"Team, I'm picking up something." Nikolai said breaking the silence in the aircraft.

Buck and Price got up from they're seats and went up to cockpit. There Nikolai is with Specialist Dokkeibai of all people.

"Grace?" Price asked surprise that she's in the aircraft the whole time. "What the bloody hell you doing here?" Price asked the young Korean woman.

"Save the comments later. I've picked up something being transmitted from the Georgian-Russian border." She said surprising Price and Buck.

"Well what is it."

She showed her data pad and looked to see it no other than morse code.

.... .- .. .-.. / -- .- .-. -.-- .-.-.- / .- .-.. .--. .... .- / -... .-. .- ...- ---

Price was the one to translate it. "Hail Mary... Alpha Bravo."

Realization struck the two Team Leaders. "It's an exfil code... from Ghost's own fireteam.

"One of them made it out alive." Price said.

Not a second later another response came. "Got another response, sir." Grace said showing them another message.

....- ...-- .-.-.- ...-- ---.. ..... ....- / -. --..-- / ....- ----- .-.-.- ---.. .---- -.... ----- / .

"That's the coordinates." Price said translating it once again. "43.3854° N, 40.8160° E."

"Let's get there." Buck said.

Nikolai nodded in response and turned the C-130 to the designated location of the coordinates that they received from the last soldier on the ground.

Location: Aurora Archipelago
Time: 1530 Hours
Date: 04/29/2013

Across the globe was a small island named the Aurora Archipelago. Founded in 1770 by James Cook the first person to discover the South Pacific Archipelago. In the 19th Century, the Europeans came back in search for gold and establish permanent settlements which would later become the strategic location of the Americans during the Second World War.

In 1953, the island was leased to the U.S. to sway Soviet influence in the area.

The local population was evacuated, and a military presence was maintained until 1996.

Waiting inside the building on Westernmost Border of the Restricted Area 0-1 regionis an old man sitting on a wheelchair he has black hair with few strands of grey hair, it was the Strategist.

Beside him was another person head of the Sentinels of Aurora name Trey Stone former Ghost Recon and head of both the Sentinel's and Raven's Rock Coup.

The two are waiting outside of an arrival from Shepherd's shipment of stolen weapons technology from S.A.T.O and once words spread out they took they're chances of reverse engineering it's technology.

Stone looked at his watch waiting for the arrival. "Can't they be hear anytime now." He said getting impatient of the waiting.

"Patient, Stone." The Strategist said.

Before Stone could reply they finally years the sound of a helicopter blade. They looked to the lake to found too found two Ch-47 Chinook helicopters each carrying an advanced stealth helicopter that Shepherd got from S.A.T.O.

The two heavy load helicopters gently landed the warbirds on the large L.Z. unlatching the ropes holding the chopper before leaving them.

The Strategist rolled forward examining the helicopters with his hand. "Fascinating." He said in awe. He opened the doors to find the advance set of controls on the cockpit.

Trey Stone on the other hand was also examining the helicopter. Taking a look of the interior of the aircraft.

Lastly an MH-53 Helicopter emerged on the other side. It landed on the helipad. The rear door of the helicopter rolled down revealing Shepherd with several Shadow's and a box behind them.

"Here is the crown jewel, Leon." He said stepping aside letting his troops show the advance prototype cryogenic machine.

The Strategist swiped his hands to clear the glass to find an intact ODST armor inside, with the cryogenic pod keeping it stabilize. "Time to find out. What you're really made off." He said before motioning the two Shadow's to take the package inside. "This is great deal, Shepherd. You really outdid yourself this time, but how are we supposed to keep this hidden from them?"

"Don't worry. With all military bases around them now under the Shadow's control they have nowhere to run and they're far away from Japan to call they're superiors."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

38.5K 803 21
The president of the United republic's of America John T. Mcneely was doing what he usually did as the president of the U.R.A and current leader of t...
15.5K 329 32
In an alternative reality, all the colonies on the American continent united and gained independence. Becoming the most advanced society in the world...
35.8K 1.1K 8
Izuku Shigaraki, younger brother to Tomura Shigaraki both boys are the son of Hisashi Shigaraki, AKA All For One. Tomura has his decay quirk and trai...
23K 1K 31
Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] [ /ˈfyo͞oCHər SHäk/ ] "A state of distress or disorientation due to rapid Social or Technological change." - Oxford En...