Never be the same

By amonetstars

Zoe (18) and Sarah (18) are two teenage girls that have been friends since 1st grade. Now they are grown and... More

Note to reader: Do what you love!
Chapter one: New beginnings
Chapter two: "Who were you talking with?"
Chapter three: The betrayal
Chapter four: The past never leaves
Chapter five: Trust issues
Chapter six: The "accident"
Chapter seven: The unwanted "friend"
Chapter eight: Shocking news
Chapter nine: Stranger
Chapter ten: The decisive evening
Chapter twelve: Mysterious guy
Chapter thirteen: Losing a friend or a lover?!
Chapter fourteen: Where's Rachel?
Chapter fifteen: Hope
Chapter sixteen: Lies or truth?!
Chapter seventeen: The end
Note to the reader: Thank you!

Chapter eleven: Good news

9 1 0
By amonetstars

The doctors finally stabilize Rachel's health. They tell her mom and the girls that they are not allowed in the room at least for 2 days because of her need to rest. Mrs. Shelden doesn't seem to be calmed down by the news. The poor mother has dark circles around her eyes, she is hardly trying to keep them open in case her daughter needs something even though she's still asleep. Sarah and Zoe are trying to figure out why would she do that since Rachel is one of the happiest people they know... well maybe not lately. They bring Mrs. Shelden food and coffee but she refuses every time. Although only 2 days had passed she looks like she lost some weight because of her sadness. The cheekbones on her pale face are clearly visible and the forever lasting smile on her face is gone.

While sitting in front of Rachel's room Shelden, Sarah and Zoe see Omar and Bella walking past. The white floral dress reveals Bella's small shoulders making her boobs look perkier than they already are. People would say that Omar is holding her by the waist as close as possible but for Sarah that position of his hand would never escape from her glare. He is literally touching her breasts making it look normal.

As they get closer Bella's eyes lean on Shelden and the girls. A surprised physiognomy appears on her face by seeing them. She pulls Omar's hand down and goes to the bench. 

"Hey, what are you guys doing here? Where's Rachel?"

Zoe immediately looks away as she comes. She forces herself to believe Bella's caring even though she knows how fake she is.

"Rachel's there"

Sarah points out to the room with a cold face. Bella turns around and runs to the window. Seeing Rachel unconscious breaks her heart. She feels her knees getting weak and leans to the window. That picture of Bella makes Omar get mad at all that situation with Rachel. The ugly smirk on his face goes away, he gently holds Bella's arm trying to take her to a bench but she insists on staying there and knowing what happened to her childhood friend. The anger in Omar raises as every second passes and his face expressions show that cleary.

"What happened to her? Why is Rachel there?! Who did this to her?"

Eyes full with tears Bella turns to Shelden and asks question after question.   

"Babe, stop crying, let's go. This bitch doesn't deserve your tears. She's probably faking this too. Also you don't have to be sad during the pregnancy you know that."

"No! I don't want to go, Omar! Don't you see her! Sarah, tell me. Tell me what happened to her. She's not gonna die, is she?"

The girls look at her with empty eyes. The empathy for Bella that's left in them looks like it has been ended.  

"She's not gonna die even though some of  you hope for that. She's gonna be okay if you stay away from her so you better go, Bella! "

"I know you hate me and don't want me here but I'll come back. She's my childhood friend I can't leave her alone in a situation like this!"

"Where were you when all this happened?! Well she doesn't need you anymore so get the fuck out of here! I won't say that again!"

"Hey, hey do you see who are you talking to?! Watch your words for your own safety, bitch!"

Omar steps forward leaving Bella behind his shoulder.

"I know exactly who am I talking to... a piece of shit who should be in a sewer under the ground, but look who escaped. Now fuck off before the picture here has a bad ending for you."

Sarah doesn't step back even a little and keeps staring at Omar with a deadly cold face. Bella makes small steps to Omar and grabs his arm like a little child signaling him that she wants to leave. After a couple of seconds they leave the hospital and the hot tension caused from the anger starts to get to normal.

"Why were they here?"

"She probably had a doctor appointment because of her pregnancy."

"Pregnancy?! But she is only 18. How did her parents let her keep the baby?"

"They didn't so now she is living with him."

"Oh... well that's sad for her."

Sarah and Shelden have small conversations from time to time while Zoe doesn't open her mouth even for once. She doesn't seem to accept the fact that her friend is in that cold hospital room. She stands up and gets closer to the window without taking her eyes away from there.

"I wish things hadn't happened like this Rachel... I shouldn't have left you alone for that long. I'm so sorry..."

Her low pitched voice is barely heard even from herself. She puts her hand on the window while feeling her heart beat get faster and faster because of the guilt and urge of crying. As Sarah notices she gets up slowly and approaches her friend. From the reflection of the window she sees that Zoe's eyes are teary and puts her hand on her back.

"It's not your fault, Zoe. Don't blame yourself."

Suddenly Sarah feels her phone vibrating in her pocket. While taking her phone out of her pocket she gets away and picks up. The impression on her face doesn't change even after seeing who's calling. 

"Zak, I'm sorry that I left like that. I didn't want to wake you up."

"It's okay, babe. Where are you? Why did you leave? I thought that we were going to have breakfast together."

Zak's sweet sleepy voice warms up Sarah's heart.

"I'm at the hospital. Rachel got poisoned."

"Oh... should I come too?"

"No, no. There's nothing we can do. We are just waiting for her to wake up and then the doctors will inform us certanly what will happen from now on."

"Okay, baby. Call me if you need anything."

"Thank you."

The lonely and helpless mother calls her husband, Mr. Zander, but he won't be able to come immediately because of the business trip he is on. He is supposed to be there for a week but he shortens it to 4 days so he could be with his most precious thing, his daughter.

Sarah, Zoe and Mrs. Shelden spend 2 nights in the hospital with hope to see Rachel awake. The next morning Shelden wakes up first and goes to the window. Her eyes widen as soon as she sees her daughter waking up.

"Girls, she's waking up! My dear is waking up! Go, get the doctor!"

Zoe runs to the window while Sarah goes to call the doctor. He comes and goes in to see Rachel's condition. Shelden waiting excitingly for him finally feels a relief. The doctor explains to them that they can go in while a big smile appears on everyone's face. Rachel's mom goes in first but she doesn't stay for too long since her friends want to talk to her too.

As the girls happily have a coffee for the first time in two days, Zak is just waking up. The thought about Sarah pops in his mind as soon as he opens his eyes. He decides to go to the hospital with Leo and surprise them since they haven't seen them for couple of days. Rubbing his eyes he goes to Leo's room  knocks on the door.

"Leo! Did you wake up you dumbass!?"

He doesn't hear a respond and opens the door slowly. He sees that Leo already woke up and is studying with his headphones on. He gets closer to him and pushes his arm.

"What do you want, Zak?"

He doesn't look at him and continues writing in his textbook.

"Have you talked with Zoe lately?"

"No, why?"

"She and Sarah are at the hospital because Rachel had an accident. Sarah said that she got poisoned. And I thought that it'll be nice if we bring them something to eat and some flowers for Rachel."

Leo looks at him confused. Zak hasn't done anything thoughtful like this to none on his ex's. Looks like he's changed for Sarah.

"Actually, that would be good. Let's do that."

Leo puts his headphones away, grabs his jacket and goes after his brother. As they go to get some food, Zak suddenly asks him a question that's been in his mind for a long time.

"Why do you hate me? And not only you, mom and dad too. Why's that? What have I done wrong?"

Zak wants to be closer with Leo, but that 'hate' he feels from his twin, never lets him talk to his brother as others do to theirs.

"I don't hate you, neither do our parents."

"Then why do you always get the most attention and love from them? They never talk with me as they talk with you!"

"Zak, look, there is nothing like 'I'm getting the most love' or something. You never talk to mom and dad, even when they try talking to you, you always end up shouting at them. What do you expect when you're treating them like an ass?"

"I... it's not my fault, Leo! I just can't control my anger. They always say things that piss me off and turn everything into lectures. People can't talk to them without getting frustrated."

"Before judging others, look at yourself first."

Zak doesn't say anything and keeps driving. He still doesn't understand why are they like this but stops thinking about it as soon as they reach the hospital. As they approach Rachel's room, Sarah lifts her head and her eyes land on Zak walking towards them, she doesn't hold back and runs to hug him.

"What are you doing here?"

"We brought some food and flowers for Rachel. How is she?"

"She is good now. She woke up, Zoe is with her."

Leo greets Mrs. Shelden and sits next to her waiting for Zoe to come out. As they talk, they see that Bella and Omar are approaching.

"Good morning!"

Bella tries being nice but no one responds. She looks from the window and sees that Rachel is awake and goes in without waiting for Zoe to leave. She greets her and tries to talk to her but she doesn't seem like she is enjoying the conversation.

Mrs. Shelden goes to sign some document while others take Rachel's luggage to the car. Suddenly Bella feels her stomach hurt and goes to the bathroom leaving Omar and Rachel alone. Then he gets closer to her and looks at her with his disgusting smile.

"You did this to get Bella's attention, right? Bitch, I know all of these little games, don't try to lie to me but this was the last time I'm letting you do such a thing, you selfish ass. Next time... oh wait, actually there won't be a next time because I'll do everything to make her forget you, brainless rat"

Rachel just looks away grabs her things and leaves like she never saw him...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

The Others By Unknown Author

Mystery / Thriller

835 298 19
A introverted student gets more than she bargains for when she makes a new friend and has to navigate in a world that will change her forever.
1.3K 110 10
A young adult thriller series that keeps you wanting more! A young girl named Aaliyah just wanting to just figure her life out, runs into many obstac...
3.2M 180K 41
"She was my best friend. Someone I trusted far more than anyone else." "What was she like?" "She was worse than Devin if you can believe that." *** W...
Love but be careful By Cherry

Mystery / Thriller

2.2K 537 32
Elena, a girl who saw her family getting murdered in front of her eyes and was left with Bella, her stepsister who meant nothing to her. Stefan, who...