Why not ?

By CissyItsMe

Why not ? Two simple words that got out of Cora McKall's mouth and caused a dramatic change in her life. T... More

Why Not ?
•Chapter 1
•Chapter 2
•Chapter 3
•Chapter 4
•Chapter 5
•Chapter 6
•Chapter 7
•Chapter 8
•Chapter 9
•Chapter 10
•Chapter 11
•Chapter 12
•Chapter 13
•Chapter 14
•Chapter 15
•Chapter 16
•Chapter 17
•Chapter 18
•Chapter 19
•Chapter 20
•Chapter 21
•Chapter 22
•Chapter 23
•Chapter 24
•Chapter 25
•Chapter 26
•Chapter 27
•Chapter 28
•Chapter 29
•Chapter 30
•Chapter 31 #Part.1
•Chapter 31 #Part.2
•Chapter 31 #Part.3
•Chapter 32
•Chapter 33
•Chapter 34
•Chapter 35
•Chapter 36 #Part.2
•Chapter 36 #Part.3
•Chapter 37
•Chapter 38
•Chapter 39
•Chapter 40
•Chapter 41 #Part.1
•Chapter 41 #Part.2
•Chapter 42
•Chapter 43
•Chapter 44
•Chapter 45
•Chapter 46
•Chapter 47
•Chapter 48
•Chapter 49
•Chapter 50
•Chapter 51
•Chapter 52
•Chapter 53
•Chapter 54
•Chapter 55
•Chapter 56 #Part.1
•Chapter 56 #Part.2
•Chapter 57
•Chapter 58
•Chapter 59
•Epilogue
•A/N

•Chapter 36 #Part.1

9K 460 100
By CissyItsMe

≈Miami, FL...

{ Two Weeks Later | (8:28 a.m) }

"I hope we're not late." Cora said as they were walking towards the reception desk. 

Kalvin shook his head checking his watch, "No. We're good, don't worry. Plus, these doctors are always late, so..." 

"Yeah, but if we're late too, they'll be more late and I didn't plan to stay here all day. We have to do a lot between today and tomorrow. I want everything to be perfect. We're doing great lately and I would like it to continue like that." She said smiling. 

Kalvin chuckled, "I think knowing that this bastard is finally in jail makes you feel like it, huh ? " He had never seen her that happy since they had met. Last week happened something they were all waiting for anxiously, mainly Acacia. Yohann called to tell them when they'll be in court. They went and all went so well for them thanks to Mr.Connor. Cora was so grateful for him and for her sister too, because she's the one who asked him to represent them. With the kidnapping and all the others shit he had done back in the streets, he was going to spend the rest of his life in prison. It was the relief and happiness for the McKall family and their friends.

They were finally done with him. 

She nodded her head, "I can't lie. He's the cause of almost all the shit I went through during these past years. But, let's talk about something else. Christmas is coming, so what do you want ? " She asked him curiously. 

He chuckled, "You don't have to give me something. You already have a gift here for me." He touched her growing bump beaming, "And I'm fine with that. So, the question iiiiisssss...What do you want for Christmas ? "

Someone suddenly cleared her throat, "Can I help you ? "

They looked at each other and laughed. They had forgotten they were not alone for a moment, "Uh yes ! We have an appointment with Dr.Gregoirs."

The receptionist raised her eyebrow looking through her computer. She wasn't the same as the last time they came here. She was less smiling and looked very tired, "Cora McKall ? "

She nodded her head, "Yes ! "

"She's with another patient, but she will be done in five minutes. You can go in the waiting room and I'll call you as soon as she's free to take you in."

"Okay, thanks."

.

.

.

"Yes ! I'm glad to see you two. So ? How is it going so far ? And I'm happy to know that...my little mistake didn't make you run away Kalvin. By the way, I'm really sorry, I didn't know." Dr.Gregoirs apologized sincerely. 

The two future parents shared a look before to stare at her, "Well...actually, you helped more than anything else." Cora said grinning, "If you hadn't done this, maybe I would've never told him about the twins." She added joking.

"Phew ! How did they take the news though ? "

"Well...at first...Uh..."

"They gave my car away. A brand new customized McLaren. But we're over it now." He smiled and then rolled his eyes.

Dr.Gregoirs tried to hold her laughter, but she couldn't. It was surely the most ridiculous story she had ever heard, "You must be kidding me. They didn't do that ! " 

He shoot her a dead glare, "I wish it was just a damn joke." 

Cora sighed, "Actually, it seems like we're not really over it, Mr.Ryans. Just say it damn ! " 

"Say what ? "

She frowned, "You have never stopped being mad at us for that, huh ? " She asked getting frustrated. 

"Okay ! " Dr.Gregoirs cut Kalvin as he was about to say something else, "You're pregnant, hunty. I don't need you to stress. Mainly not about a lost car. Talking about stress, let me start that checkup and see how this pregnancy is really going. Go change please." She handed her the gown.

Cora nodded and left the to go in the changing room, that was next door. Now it was just Kalvin and Dr.Gregoirs. She stared at him shaking her head before to roll her eyes, causing Kalvin to get irritate with her sudden little attitude. She was all happy one minute ago.

"Hey, if we have a problem, just talk about it, Gregoirs ! "

She chuckled, "We have no problem, Kalvin. Do you remember Sarah ? " She asked then sat down folding her arms and smirking. 

He frowned wondering what was going on. He replayed the name in his head a few times, but nothing came. He didn't know if he should remember that Sara chick or not. He was suddenly lost and speechless. 

Dr.Gregoirs let him torture his poor mind for a couple of minutes before to burst out laughing, "Men ! You are so lame."

He was still confused, "What ? Who the fuck is Sara ? " He questioned wanting some well needed answers.

She kept laughing, "Nobody." She shrugged, "I was just testing you. I do this with every father to know if my patients have what they deserve. It's stupid, but I learned something in my for- well you don't need to know my age, but yeah, it's easy to trap men in their bullshit. I care for Cora and sorry, but you look like the type of dudes who play women's heart dirty. Well, you look like it to me." 

He wiped his face in frustration, "You women always on some shit, man. Why are y'all always feel like you have to trap us ? Damn ! "

She raised her hands up in surrender smiling innocently, "Sorry, buddy. But do you like her though ? "

He shook his head chuckling, but nothing was funny actually. Why everybody kept asking him that question ? Yes, they were getting closer each and every day, but they were simply friends for now. There was nothing serious going on between them, "She's an amazing woman, I'm not gonna lie about it, b-"

"I conclude you like her, but you're scared to admit your feelings. Don't worry, as you said Cora is an amazing woman and she won't try to hurt you. Of course, she's not perfect, because nobody is, but she's the one for you. You would look good together, holding hands an-"

"Dr.Gre-"

"Just call me Vanessa or Nessa if you prefer. I'm a friend. Relax ! "

"A friend ? No, I call it being nosey. You're minding everybody business like that ? It's unprofessional." 

"Aw, are you mad or nah boo-boo ? "

"Nah ! "

"You like her."

"Leave me alone ! "

Vanessa laughed knowing she was right. If only he knew that him and Cora weren't the only and first no couple/future parents coming here and that she helped more than ten of them to get together. Now half of them were married and had more kids and the other half was still happy. Yes, Dr.Gregoirs was Cupid on the low. 

"You like her and she likes you."

.

.

.

After the appointment and knowing that the baby was fine, but the future mother needed to stress less, Cora and Kalvin went to do some grocery shopping for Thanksgiving. This year, they were all going to celebrate it at Kalia's, who by the way had a surprise for them. The plan was that everybody was supposed to show up at her house in the morning, so they could all cook and organized everything together. It was going to be a perfect family time. 

"Uh...Kalvin ? "

He looked up from the ice creams, "Yes ? "

She took a deep breath. Something was bothering her and she needed to let it out, "Well...I heard...Uh...I heard your conversation with Nessa." And she missed any word. That's why she was taking so long while changing, she was way too busy listening to them. 

Kalvin sighed, "What did you hear exactly ? " He asked avoiding eye contact with her. 

She bit nervously on her lips, "Everything."

"She was trippin', okay." He said like it was a reflex.

She immediately looked down at her feet, "Yeah..." She trailed off and she walked away. 

"Idiot." He mumbled smacking his forehead with the palm of his left hand when he realized that she wasn't near him anymore. He didn't mean to hurt her, "Cora ! " He called trying to find her. He searched her everywhere, before to see her in the snacks aisle, "I'm sorry."

She shook her head, "I thought...never mind."

"Cora, I-we-I-you-" He sighed, "I...I think we shouldn't rush it. It's good how we're going now."

She turned her heads towards him looking into his eyes, "We're not getting younger, Kalvin and I want to have a...real family. I don't want to be single for the rest of my life. And...I..." She paused biting on her lips, "...I do like you. She was right. I like you. And...I want to start building something with you seriously."

He sighed, "Cor-"

"I like you since the day I came to your condo, like one week after I told you about the pregnancy. And then, you started getting along with the twins and you're so nice to us and you want to protect us and except with your mother, both of our sides always have good times together. And you're so caring..." She chuckled, "You're almost perfect." She mumbled it more to herself, but he heard her and was flattered. 

He smiled weakly, "Uh...I don't know how to say it, but...Uh..." An awkward silence settled between them.

"No, it's okay. Anyways, I never had chance with men." She said sadly and looking down. She felt embarrassed. Since they had that discussion with Sancy, she kept questioning herself about her feelings towards Kalvin and she came with the conclusion that she liked him. It wasn't strong feelings yet, but within these past two weeks, they did get bigger. Now, she was 100 percent sure that she wanted to try it with him. She wanted to try a relationship with him. 

He slowly lifted her head taking her chin with his thumb and index, "Give me time." Everything was going way too fast for Kalvin these past three months. One day he was single and enjoying his life partying practically every night and sleeping with a bunch of women. He had to worry about nobody else, but him. And the next month it was like Cora dumped a bomb on him and everything changed drastically. Now, he was going to be a father, his baby mama and her twins entered into his life, he wasn't talking to his mother anymore, he had a niece, his brother's ex-girlfriend came back and a lot more happened. He needed a break from all, that's one of the reasons why he left Cora's house. And now, she was adding this to the equation.

"What does that mean exactly ? " She asked losing herself in his brown eyes.

"Why rushing everything, Cora ? Let's take things slow. Lately, I feel like all it's escaping from my control and going too fast. Events after events, it never stops. I want us to do it right, that's what I meant exactly." He answered being honest.

She nodded her head, "Okay. So, we're continuing like...it ? "

He brought his face closer to hers, "Yes." He then placed delicately his lips on her and gave her a soft peck. When they pulled away, they kept their intense eye contact grinning.

"I like you too."

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Feel free to comment and/or to vote =)

•A/N: Busy week, but I wrote that chapter. Yeah ! Took me three days tho lol ! Part. 2 coming soon and I want it to be long, so be patient please. I'll try to update it next week if I can. Well, what do you think about these two ? And what about Dr.Vanessa Gregoirs ? OH ! Cameron is in jail now, who is happy ? 

Dedication goes to CallmePapi__ ! Thanks for reading, voting and commenting ! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it muahh 💋❤

Thanks for reading guys !

And sorry for the mistakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

278K 8.2K 32
"You should have told me before that you weren't interested in me" I yelled at my so called husband Samad. Tears were rolling down my cheeks. "Jawari...
1.6M 48.7K 51
After five years and a thousand regrets, two old lovers meet again.. "What kind of stunt are you pulling out this time?" I see his eyes blaze in blue...
991 19 29
Once you do something you can't take it back, right? Ok. Just making sure because everyday I, Skilar Cassandra Jameson, wake up regretting something...
1.4K 47 37
I closed my eyes as a crippling pain spread through my soul. "You're my best friend and I love you" I tell him trying to hold back the single tear t...