Age Of Huntsman: The Hunter's...

By devoncruz23

Lexington Hunter, a cynical young man part of a Aeltonier mercenary band will have his world turned upside do... More

1: Awakening
2: Confrontation
3: Dreaded Maiden
4: Odd Day
5: Way Of The Flames
6: Hunters
7: Dance Of Wolves
8: Shapeshifter
9: Bloody History
10: Phoenix King
11: Academy
12: Blooming Friendships
13: Robin's Song
14: Family Matters
16: Cruelty
17: Brother and Sister
18: Magic
19: Learning Pains
20: Odd Mistakes
21: Blood of Lightning
22: Death's Omen
23: Legacy
map Rework
24: Knowledge
25: Plans
26: Bygones
27: Crowe
28: Survival Training
29: Shit hitting the fan
30: Nightmares
31: Reaper's Harvest
32: Doubts
33: Releasing Stress
34: Framing
35: The Three Lies
36: Athorazen
37: Battle of Griffin Island
38: Phoenix Queen
39: Wolf King
40: The Hunter's Call

15: Wolf Prince

67 8 2
By devoncruz23

1078 AP (after phoenix)
GRIFFIN ISLAND
CRIMSON SUN 18TH

Sigurd is eating by himself after a long day of weapons training as their archery skills were tested which he despised as bows aren't exactly his favorite weapon to use, Elyria did the best out of all of them which isn't at all surprising as elves are praised for their skills in archery but his thought process or lack there of is interrupted seeing Lexington and Aiden asking if they sit here.

Sigurd: "why don't you hang out with Elyria or the princess even?" He asks bluntly as Lexington retorts they're in the middle of a girl's talk. "The freezing hell does that mean?" He asks raising his brow.

Aiden: "they're trying to understand each other's culture and history is what Lex meant to say, he just wanted to give you the wrong idea." He says as Lexington hits him in the shoulder.

Sigurd: "whatever... Just don't be annoying alright?" He asks as they sit and begin eating but Lexington decides to ask him something.

Lexington: "so how is it a shapeshifter is also a prince of Newcastle?" He asks curiously as Sigurd growls slightly but knows Lex is gonna keep asking.

Sigurd: "mother is a shapeshifter but point is she once saved the former King of Newcastle and in return my father took her in as a maid and started an affair with her which eventually resulted in me... Let's just say my half brother's mother was pissed that there was another prince on the table." He says closing his eyes as Aiden inquires who's leading Newcastle now. "I don't fuckin know redhead, I wasn't exactly curious enough about the line of succession... I'm probably the only Wolfson left which is an agonizing thought."

Aiden: "you don't care for your father's throne?" He asks as Sigurd closes his fist hearing this.

Sigurd: "why should I? I'm not good enough for a responsibility that big." He says trying to compose himself.

Lexington: "no offense but it sounds like you're running away from your responsibility." He says being honest as Sigurd slams his fists down on the verge of shifting into a bear and ripping Lexington's throat out.

Sigurd: "I am not running!" He says flipping the table and leaves with everyone staring at him in surprise as Dante was watching this go down. Sigurd is outside walking the beach in irritation. "Why did I have to be born?" He asks in his head as he stares at the sand beneath him.

Dante: "I understand your burden, it's not something I'd envy." He says approaching as Sigurd turns to him with an ice cold glare.

Sigurd: "save your pity old man, you're no doubt disgusted that a shapeshifter is attending your academy." He assumes as Dante twirls his cane chuckling at this accusation.

Dante: "why? Cause I'm a headmaster for an academy designed to kill troublesome folk like you? A pretty hefty accusation for a Prince who can't accept responsibility." He says getting under Sigurd's skin as he shifts into a wolf and lunges at him in anger but Dante with unbelievable speed slams his cane down on Sigurd's spine and pins him to the ground as Sigurd grunts and growls.

Dante: "I may be an old man but you're still a child who can't think clearly." He says while kneeling and keeping his cane on Sigurd's spine who stops resisting. "I may be a huntsman but that doesn't mean I'm disgusted by your presence, far from it in fact... You being here makes me believe that mythical beings and non mythical beings can coexist." He says as Sigurd growls lowly.

Dante: "you were no doubt subjected to fear and assumptions your whole life due your shapeshifter abilities no?" He asks as Sigurd only nods wondering his point is. "Tell me... Before your father and brother died, did you think you'd never have to face the responsibility of kingship?"

Sigurd: "I was a bastard... Chances of me becoming king where slim, even if my brother was the only one who died, my father would still keep the throne but now? I'm facing a responsibility I don't know how to face." He says turning back to his human form.

Dante: "you don't think you're worthy for the title." He says as Sigurd nods while Dante places the flat end of his cane against Sigurd's chest. "I'll just say this, your father before he was king had your exact thought process but he dealt with it and was the best King Newcastle had in years."

Sigurd: "and how am I supposed to live up to that?" He asks with no faith in himself.

Dante: "you can't." As Sigurd looks up at him surprised as he was expecting the whole you can do it speech. "Legacies once set in stone aren't meant to be surpassed, you have to form your own legacy Sigurd." He says standing up while offering his hand. "The question is... Is your legacy gonna be one of running away from responsibility or facing it head on?" He asks as Sigurd thinks about this but accepts his help.

Sigurd: "where am I supposed to begin? I'm not ready for that position." As Dante nods agreeing that he isn't.

Dante: "you can stay here as long as you wish till you complete your training but don't think you have to uphold that burden alone... A certain may be able to help." He says as Sigurd sighs while shaking his head.

Sigurd: "I feel like I'm being set up for a marriage." He says earning a soft chuckle from Dante.

Dante: "I meant ask for advice from Lyra, from what I can tell, she'll be a very capable ruler once her father kicks the bucket." He says as Sigurd thinks about this for a second.

Sigurd: "thanks for the- advice." He says seeing that Dante is nowhere to be found as he sighs a bit. "Weirdo." He says to himself when he hears soft humming and sees Lyra leaning against a wall reading a book Elyria lended her. "You got a minute?" He asks as Lyra glances up at him as her smile is a welcome sight.

Lyra: "that depends, what do you wish of me?" She asks closing the book as Sigurd sighs quietly.

Sigurd: "hypothetically speaking, what advice would you give me if I was to become King of Newcastle?" He asks as Lyra chuckles finding the question to be humorous.

Lyra: "Sigurd himself asking for advice, Michal would definitely be rolling on the ground if he heard that." She jokes as Sigurd crosses his arms with clear annoyance. "Well for starters, show the other lords that your intentions are pure and that you have their best interests at heart, people loved Michal for that very reason... He would've been a great King had he lived." She states as Sigurd can't help but notice the admiration.

Sigurd: "you truly admired him didn't you?" He asks as Lyra nods.

Lyra: "you're not soo bad yourself Sig but Michal? He was the first love of my life... And before I met him I dreaded the idea of an arranged marriage." She says as Sigurd can't help but wonder about something.

Sigurd: "but what's next for you?"

Lyra: "honestly? Become Queen and begin changing Aelton for the better... Such as not restricting the populace of magic, if they earn themselves a permit and then a license they can use magic if needed." As Sigurd can already see potential problems with that. "I can see the problems as well but if people are given a chance to use magic when they have to? It's worth it." She says looking away.

Sigurd: "it's admirable, but don't expect everyone to be on board." He says as Lyra nods understanding. "No marriage for you?" He asks earning a soft chuckle from Lyra.

Lyra: "I think I can go without love for a bit, just a bit... You ever have anyone take your bed?" She asks in a teasing manner as Sigurd is stammering through his words.

Sigurd: "I mean not particularly..." As. Lyra pressures him asking why. "I uh... It just never came to my mind." He says as Lyra doubts this. "Hey you asked and I answered." He says with sass earning a chuckle from Lyra.

Lyra: "I know... I'm just surprised no one has ever came to mind, no one at all?" She asks as Sigurd looks to side.

Sigurd: "when your whole life was nothing but being feared? It's not exactly something women are interested in dealing with and even if they were? It was better if I kept my distance." He says calmly as Lyra can't help but respect him for saying that.

Lyra: "well... I'm certain a woman will come stumbling into your arms someday." She says touching his shoulder comforting him. "Plus your brother was wrong about you being a careless beast." She says as Sigurd stares into her amber feeling reassured.

Sigurd: "you honestly believe that?" He asks just wondering as Lyra nods while giving a warm smile. "I... Thanks." He says quietly as Lyra chuckles to herself.

Lyra: "I didn't quite get that, what was that?" She asks teasing as Sigurd lowers to her repeating himself as Lyra can't help but feel embarrassed with Sigurd being this close.

Sigurd: "I'll leave you be princess." He says taking his leave as Lyra can't help but feel like Michal was entirely wrong about Sigurd as she gets an idea calling out to Sigurd.

Lyra: "um... Michal gave me a gift to remember him by, I think you deserve way more than me." She says holding out an exquisite necklace with magical engravings throughout the steel and a turquoise gem as Sigurd examines the very fancy jewelry.

Sigurd: "are you positive? My brother was the love of your life was he not?" He questions feeling as though he can't accept this.

Lyra: "he was... But you're his brother, it should stay in the family and besides? Maybe when you grow a pair you can give this to a woman you've come to love." She says with a smirk knowing that Sigurd is annoyed by her sense of humor.

Sigurd: "Are you supposed to be motivating me or insulting me?" He asks earning a chuckle from Lyra.

Lyra: "think of it as a mixture of both Sig." She says placing the necklace in Sigurd's hand and takes her leave.

Sigurd (mind): "women... I fail to understand them like you did dear brother but I can see why you loved Lyra." He thinks while shaking his head and pocketing the necklace.

Author's note: hope you all enjoyed this chapter and if you need please leave a vote and comment

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 1.2K 50
Some things are stronger where they have been broken, other things shatter with the slightest pressure. Loyalty, secrets, and souls can do both, but...
951 20 43
"Ah Grayson," He drawled as he extended an arm with sharp claws to lean against the tree, "you finally stopped ignoring me. Do you know what this mea...
140 19 5
In a world where monstrous creatures roam unchecked, our protagonist seeks solace in the life of a mercenary, hoping to avoid the chaos that lurks be...
7.6K 184 36
You knew you were screwed. Everything had been off since the moment you'd woken up in that hospital after your night out. But it wasn't until you wer...