The Ghost Playing Bass(Reggie...

By Sun53t_Curv33

Have you ever been in love with someone? Imagine you find a ghost band with your little sister Julie and are... More

Introduction
I
II
From Me :)
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
not a chapter
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
NOT A CHAPTER
XXII
XXIV
XXV

XXIII

4.3K 98 143
By Sun53t_Curv33

I walked up to Julie as she was surrounded by students. "I don't know why you guys want these but okay." Julie laughed as she was being bombarded with flashes from two peers.

"Thanks Julie!" They say as they walk away, staring at their phones.

"Seems someone has a fan club!" I teased her as I walked to my locker.

"Oh, so you haven't been having people come up to you and ask for autographs? I must be the fan favourite then" She smirked back.

"Oh, as if. I'm the star of the show, and you know it." I walked back up to her and smiled as I saw Nick approaching. "Can I get a selfie too?" He asked.

"I'll... leave you be.." I winked at Julie and saluted at Nick as I walked away from them, just to be cut off by Cameron. 

"Hey.. you were really great last night." He smiled.

"Thanks, it's just a bit of fun, you know." I laughed.

"Yeah.." He said through a weak chuckle.

"Are you okay? You seem a little... meh"

"Yeah, I just wanted to ask.. you and the bass player.. I'm not trying to intrude on anything-"

"Oh! Me and Reggie? Pfftt! No, he isn't even in this.. country so.. we can't really be a thing. Thanks for asking though I'll.. see you round?" I made my way to leave but he stops me.

"Erm.. since nothings really happening.. how about that date?"

"Oh... I'm sorry, you're great, really.. it's just.."

"Nothing's going on but you like him don't you?"

"Kind of.. it's- it's complicated. I'm sorry. Friends?" 

"Yeah- yeah" He smiled and walked away. I was kind of frozen in shock.. did that really just happen? Julie came up to me and knocked me out of my trance as she flung her arm over my shoulder. "He ask you out?"

"Yeah.. Nick do the same?"

"Yeah.. you say no cause of Reggie?" 

"Yup. Luke?"

"Mm-hmm."

We walked off after that awkward encounter and went on with the day.. we still did have school to get through.

----------------------------------

On the way home, Julie mentioned the song Luke wrote again, 'Emily'. "He just put so much emotion into the song, and he can't even tell his mom. I can't imagine what it feels like to be there... but not be able to talk to them."

"Hey, why don't you help him? Take the song to his parents' house and let them read it!" I suggested.

"That's such a good idea!" Julie shouted as she took off into a run.

"Wait- Jules!" I yelled, trying to catch up with her. She scrambled to the studio to Luke's song book and ripped out the page. I told her to go on her own, this was a moment that her and Luke needed to share.

I stayed in the studio to work on some songs while Julie was out. I sat at the  piano and laid out my book. Just as I touched the keys a purple poof of smoke blinded me. As it cleared Caleb was sitting there, on the piano, smiling down at me. He really was creepy..

"Caleb?" I asked wafting smoke out of my face.

"y/n, you have a talent. A talent others need to see. I just know it." He told me.

"What? You've heard us sing?"

"Of course! I'm never one to miss a party, especially when my favourite band is playing."

"Favourite? I didn't even know you knew what our band was called and now we're your favourite. What is with you?!" He was really creeping me out at this point. I went to the door, about to make my way out of the studio when he stopped me.

"Wait. Wouldn't you like the opportunity to play on a grand stage? In front of millions of adoring fans? No one else on the stage with you? Because I can make that happen. With my club and your talent.. we would have something people would come thousands of miles to see. What do you say?" He held his hand out to shake mine. Was this really happening? The offer of a lifetime, on that stage. The grand stage that had me memorized. How on earth could I turn this offer down?! I hovered my hand over his, "Deal."

He poofed out after the deal was set, and as soon as he was out of sight another cloud of dark purple smoke enclosed around me. Blinding me and making its way into my lungs. As I caught my breath, the smoke started to clear, and I found myself backstage at Caleb's club, dressed head to toe in formal wear. I guess I fit in now.

"You ready?" Caleb walked from the curtain.

"As I'll ever be... but wait- what will I sing? How can I do this? Maybe this was a bad idea. Just- just take me home, please. I don't think I can do this. Not to Julie."

"Oh hush- a deal is a deal. Sing the song you wrote when music came back to you, I'm sure everyone will love it. Now go!"

He pushed me on stage and a spotlight cast itself upon me. I heard the familiar tune to the song I had wrote for Reggie. I guess it's now or never. (The song isn't this short, I'm just putting in the chorus and a verse lol)

'And then I found me a lover who could play the bass
He's kinda quiet, but his body ain't
Spend the days dreaming and the nights awake
Doin' things we know we shouldn't do
'Cause I wouldn't be with you

Says he can't believe he found me
Wraps his arms around me
Yeah-eah, eah-eah-eah-yeah

I can't let him in
You call me up and ask me how I've been
I'll call your bluff and
Keep on telling, telling, telling you lies
No, I can't let him in
You play me rough, but I won't let you in
So, call my bluff, I'll
Keep on telling, telling, telling you lies

Oh, count down to the day they may come true'

As the last lyric echoed around the room the stage fell dark. There was a moment of silence as I comprehended what just happened. I couldn't help but smile. Applause washed over me as I looked up once again to see a standing ovation, and a familiar face.. was that Reggie? Before I could look again Caleb came to join me on stage and took the mic from me. 

"How do you like the newest act at the Hollywood Ghost Club? What a young talent am I right?" The crowd roared and I walked off stage. I sat backstage and thought of how I would tell Julie and the guys what had happened. Suddenly, Reggie poofed into the room.

"Reg?!" I laughed and ran up to him. I wrapped my arms around him and smiled. "Wait- did you see that?"

"Er- yeah.. that- that was amazing! Was that.. the song I found?"

"Erm.. yeah" I smiled.

"Also erm... how did I get here? I swear I was with Ray." He was so confused as he looked around. I just laughed and hugged him again before Caleb walked back in.

"Impeccable. I'll have to have you back here again y/n. Pure talent." As he finished his sentence a jolt hit both me and Reggie.

"You're.. feeling them too?" I could see the pain in his eyes as he asked me. I grabbed his hand and we made our way back to our feet.

"Yeah.. but I don't know why.." Then I looked up at Caleb, casually watching us struggle as he leant on the wall. "You did this didn't you? You're the reason we're getting hurt?!" 

"Oh.. busted. How else was I meant to keep you in my reach? If I couldn't find you again.. you never would have been able to perform here. On your dream stage." He walked towards me and I started to back up. Reggie pulling me back further. "I needed to find you gain because I can't have someone who can touch ghosts get out of my reach."

"Correction." Reggie grunted. "One ghost." He smirked.

"And If you don't keep performing here.. that 'club stamp' will keep draining you until... poof." Caleb glazed over Reggie's comment and started to walk away. "See you next week y/n." He clicked his fingers and me and Reggie were taken back to the studio.

_________________________________________

Hiiii! So this was the Unsaid Emily episode but I did not want to make myself cry or intrude on the Juke moment so I made my own little moment with y/n and Reggie. I hope you liked this chapter as much as I liked writing it. I like putting my little spin on the moments in JatP and posting them so other people can like them too hahah. :)

-Zoe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.6K 243 17
🌟MOST IMPRESSIVE RANKINGS🌟 🥳🥳🥳 #1 in #madisonreyes Skyler and Julie have been the best of friends for as long as they can remember. They are in...
24.3K 606 13
"Okay, enjoy your time here." --- Julie and the Phantoms go to a musical diner for inspiration and hopefully a future gig but they end up meeting a v...
39.8K 881 29
"I think the bands back" Luke says with more tears coming from his eyes. Reggie and Alex chuckle in response. "You guys think we could try that hug...
161K 3.1K 45
Reginald Peters always wanted a little sister...little did he know that eight years after he died his wish would come true. Now in the year 2020, Ros...