The Ghost Playing Bass(Reggie...

By Sun53t_Curv33

Have you ever been in love with someone? Imagine you find a ghost band with your little sister Julie and are... More

Introduction
I
II
From Me :)
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
not a chapter
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
NOT A CHAPTER
XXIII
XXIV
XXV

XXII

4.3K 107 175
By Sun53t_Curv33

I saw Julie running out of the class as I opened the door. Where is she going? I followed her through the corridors to the music room, Flynn running behind me. "Jules!" I called. We walked in to see her sitting at the piano, playing something I had never heard before.

"There you are! I've been looking all over for you. Why'd you run out of dance class like that?" Flynn walked over to Julie and sat by her as I walked round her and sat on the piano.

"Sorry, I just needed some air. It was a little intense in there. Also, y/n ran out too, are we not going to question that?" Julie turned to me and so did Flynn.

"This- This is not about me!" I yelled. Flynn rolled her eyes and turned back to Julie, thank god.

"Yeah- I noticed. Dancing with the guy you've had a crush on forever can do that to a girl."

"Yeah.. but the whole time we were dancing, I was thinking about Luke" Julie replied.

"Seriously?" 

"First of, called it." I jumped off the piano and made my way over to Julie, resting my head on hers.

"Second, I know you always want what you can't have, but Luke is next level" I laughed as the words left Flynn's mouth but she retaliated, "And don't think I've forgotten about you and Reggie" She pointed at me.

"Well at lease I can touch him!" Julie turned to me with an unsurprised face. I mouthed the words sorry and hugged her from behind.

"Well... thanks for that.. And, I know. And now I think Nick likes me. Nick!"

"He totally does." Flynn smiled.

"You can tell from a mile away!" I added.

"But me and Luke just clicked. And he's so-"

"Not real" Me and Flynn said in unison. "You can make all the music you want with Luke but, he'll always be a phantom." I trailed off, sitting by Flynn.

"Take your own advice, y/n. Reggie's also a phantom. So.. here's what we're going to do. Send Nick, and Cameron a friendly little text asking them to come to the party tonight." She grabbed Julie's phone but I hid mine.

"No need, I already told Cameron. Or at least I think I did, it was a bit of a blur."

"Okay.. well, done." Flynn showed Julie the phone.

"I usually don't use that many smiley faces.."

"You're right.. add more!" I told Flynn.

"See, I'm not gonna let you get your heart broken. And trust me. Tonight, you're singing with Luke and you're playing bass with Reggie, so the key is to avoid those big, beautiful, dead.. eyes."

"You're very pushy today" Julie told her and I nodded my head in agreement.

"You're welcome."

--------------------------Later-----------------------------

Everyone had turned up to the party from our class. Dad was setting up the camera and we were getting ready to perform. I saw Nick and Cameron walk in and take a spot before the 'stage'. Oh God. Julie had on the butterfly shirt I had made for her and I was wearing a matching guitar strap.

"You ready?" I asked her.

"As I'll ever be." I swung my guitar behind my back and hugged her, "You'll be great" I smiled. 

Before we went out I got a text from Carrie. It was a photo of her right outside, pointing to the garage door. It read: "Can't wait to see you! Break a leg!!" 

"Who's that?" Reggie peered at my phone. 

"Carrie, just telling me she can't wait to see me." 

"Oh.. I thought she didn't like the band.."

"She's one of my best friends, why wouldn't she like my band? Seems like someone may be a bit jealous.." I laughed.

"Erm- no- I-" Reggie trailed off.

"Don't worry, she's just a friend" I told him, still laughing. I saw him smile from the corner of my eye as I walked off.

"What's up, everybody?" I heard Flynn talking from the speakers.

"That's our cue!" I told him.

"Time to put your hands up, do a little dance, yup. Here's the newest anthem from Julie and the Phantoms."

The doors were pulled open and I grabbed Julie's hand. We smiled and walked out, Julie sitting at her piano. Me standing at my mic stand. Applause washed over us, this was amazing.

"Thanks for coming, everyone" Julie said as she sat down. She looked back at me and I nodded, telling her she got this.

'Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious
And like a rubber ball
We come bouncing back
We all got a second act, inside of us'

Julie started the first verse and the guys poofed in. Alex in the back with drums, Luke at the left and Reggie at the right, right next to me. I smiled as he faced me and joined the chorus.

'I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own'

Julie rose from her piano, dancing with each of the guys but then turning when she came to Luke. I guess she could listen to advice from Flynn. Luke looked confused and I shrugged at him, like I knew nothing. Reggie stood on the platform with Alex and I found Carrie in the crowd. Smiling directly at me.

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great'

'We all make mistakes
But they're just stepping stones
To take us where we wanna go
It's never straight, no
Sometimes we gotta lean
Lean on someone else
To get a little help
Until we find our way'

I went back up to the mic stand to come in again for the chorus and started to dance with Reggie. I could tell he was jealous of Carrie, he was cute when he was flustered. I kept singing with him and went over to Alex, standing on the platform next to him.

'I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own
'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) great
'Cause we're standing on the edge of-'

Me and Julie both climbed on the top of the piano and sang. Looking down on the crowd at that moment, surreal.

'Shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
Don't gotta hide it
Let your colours blind their eyes
Be who you are, no compromise
Just shout, shout
C'mon and let it out, out
What doesn't kill you makes you feel alive
Oh-oh'

I climbed down just in time for Julie to ascend into falsetto, Luke accompanying her with an improvised solo. Me and the guys giggling to ourselves. There's the chemistry Reggie and Alex always talk about.

'I believe
I believe that we're just one dream
Away from who we're meant to be
That we're standing on the edge of great
Something big, something crazy
Our best days are yet unknown
That this moment is ours to own'

'Cause we're standing on the edge of great
(On the edge of great) on the edge of great
(Great, on the edge of great) on the edge
'Cause we're standing on the edge of-
Running from the past
Tripping on the now
What is lost can be found, it's obvious'

As the others disappear, I'm left on stage as Luke joins Julie in the last solo. I feel like I shouldn't be here...

Cheers roared from the crowd as the music stopped. I put down my guitar and ran to Julie to hug her.

"I can't say this enough; that was incredible. But epic fail on the eye contact thing.. both of you." Flynn praised. I elbowed her as me and Julie let out an awkward chuckle.

"So how do you do those hologram things?" Carlos asked us.

"Oh, don't try and understand it Carlos. I don't." Our Dad explained.

"That's because you're old." We all laughed.

"Oh ho, funny guy." Dad replied, "I'd send you to your room but then who's gonna clean up this mess?"

"Don't poke the bear" Julie giggled. "Mm-mm" Me and Flynn added. Carlos walked off.

"So what are the boys doing right now?" Dad asked.

"Hanging out, I guess" I told him. "You know.."

"Or whatever you do when you're from where they're from." Julie finished. "Hey! So, what camera did you use out there?"

"Interested in my work?"

"Always" I sat next to him and we all leant our head on our hands in wonder, giggling to ourselves.

"Well, uh.. I shot with an XF105. That's what I used, the latest model. It's very good."

---------------------Even Later-------------------

Me and Julie were getting into bed when I suddenly felt another jolt. I fell to my knees, scraping my leg on my bedside cabinet as I fell. I was doing so well at hiding them and now she knew.

"Oh my God! Y/n! Are you okay?!" Julie rushed to my side. "I thought they had stopped.."

"I didn't want you worrying about me.." I looked at her, "I'm fine, just a little scratch, don't worry." I smiled.

"Are you sure?"

"Of course, now we can figure out what these things are soon, but you need to sleep, okay?"

"Okay" Julie laughed, making her way to bed, "As long as you tell me next time, okay? It may be linked to the guys and we can both see them remember?"

"Yeah yeah" I told her, still wincing under my breath.

"Also, I saw Cameron out there tonight with Nick, he seemed a little jealous of you and Reggie.." Julie teased.

"Whatever you say, but Nick was definitely wanting to be Luke in that last moment. He so likes you" I told her.

"You and Reg were getting a bit close out there.." She continued as I tried to hid the smile on my face. "You're smiling!! You're so in loooooove" She continued to mock me as I started throwing pillows at her to retaliate.

"Okay, okay. I'm going to bed" I told her, swiftly turning over.

____________________________________

Hi! Oh my God, there are so many people adding my story to their reading lists and commenting such supportive things! Thankyou so much! I've been overthinking a lot recently and writing really calms it so I'm so glad you are enjoying what I write and waiting for new chapters when I post them. I know this one didn't have much of Reggie and y/n but I'm working on that hahah. Have a great night! (Or day, whenever you're reading this) :)

-Zoe

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 603 11
Cassandra Mercer was a year younger than her older brother Alex but had the same amount of talent. She was a Goddess in playing the guitar, piano and...
217K 4.5K 21
ไฟกใ˜ใ‚‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐’Š ๐’ƒ๐’†๐’๐’Š๐’†๐’—๐’† no music is worth making if we're not making it with you. โคฟ julie and the phantoms fanfiction โคฟ luke patte...
130K 2.2K 79
๐ˆ๐๐‚๐‹๐”๐ƒ๐„๐’ ๐•๐Ž๐‹ ๐Ÿ-๐Ÿ & ๐ˆ๐Œ๐€๐†๐ˆ๐๐„ ๐๐€๐‚๐Š BEST JATP FANFIC '22 WINNER the boys were connected to julie, but what if there was someone...
46.6K 939 200
just some one shots of all the charecters :) I'll try to do some requests I don't do smut sorry It's up to you wether or not this is canon to my ot...