My companion | میرےہمدم

By 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... More

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Longing | حسرت
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Begining | ابتداء
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Mark | نقش
Trust | اعتماد
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Delighted | شاد
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Affect | اثر
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1
Epilogue-2

Birthday | سالگراہ

19.5K 1.1K 278
By 7Hazel

Unexpected kindness is the most powerful, least costly, and most underrated agent of human change.

-Anonymous.

DURRANI HOUSE:

"Where the hell did they go?", Zohaib said in exasperation.

It's been almost 2 hours since he has come back from work but there was no sign of Faryal and Zahra. Initially, he thought they might be in someone else's room. He searched for them but he could not find them. It seemed like everyone was in their own rooms, typical Durrani afternoon. The house was extremely quiet. He called Faryal but she didn't pick up the call as well. Oblivious to himself, the surprising thing was that he was not only getting worried for Zahra, but he was also worried for Faryal.

He looked around his room, it seemed lifeless without them. The silence was annoying him.

"Should I search them again?", he murmured. He didn't even get to decide, his feet moved by themselves and he went downstairs. He could hear the low voices coming from the lounge as he was getting closer.

"Zohaib you are not ready yet?", Dad eyed him with wriggled eyebrows as he entered the lounge.

"Ready? for what?", he said while scanning the area through his eyes but they were still not there. Mom came towards them when she heard his response.

"You don't know what is today?", she looked at him doubtfully.

"No, where is Za...", Before he could complete his sentence they heard Zain's screams.

"Mom...Mom", Zain screamed as he appeared from the main door, followed by Huzaifa and Usman.

"Mom will Huzaifa bhai ever let me live my life the way I want to", Zain seethed in anger.

"These two", Dad said and quickly left the place. He knew if they found him here they will ask him to solve their unsolvable problem.

"Zain stop being so overdramatic", Huzaifa rolled his eyes.

"You both keep fighting, I don't have any more patience to hear it. Bye, I'll get ready", Usman said and left the place.

"Mom, ask him", Zain folded his hand over his chest.

"When will you both stop fighting like kids?", Mom sighed. "What did you do now Huzaifa?" Mom knew Huzaifa is the smart one. He won't do anything irrational but for Zain's peace of mind she asked him.

Huzaifa gave them an uninterested glance and kept quiet.

"He doesn't have anything to say in his defense. Oh, how will he Mom? when he is the one at fault...But no, as usual, he won't accept his fault. DAMN GREAT!", Zain clapped.

"I wanted to stay back with Faryal bhabhi.", Zohaib snapped his head towards them hearing Faryal's name. "I told, no scratch that I literally begged Huzaifa bhai to leave me there with them. He kept denying saying I need to go home to dress up. Mom, you could have brought my dress with you it wasn't a big deal. Even if I don't dress up It doesn't matter, I was looking handsome alreadyyyy....Meri khushi q nahi dekhi jathi in say? (Why can't he see me happy?)"

"Because I knew you will keep bothering her", Huzaifa reacted.

"And why would I do that bhai, ap janthay hain Faryal bhabhi aur Zahra k baghair mera dil nahi lagtha ghar pay chahay thori der hi q na ho (You know I don't feel like staying at home without Faryal and Zahra even if it's for a while)",

"It's her special day Zain, let her get ready and do things with a clear mind. If I would have left you there, you would have kept wasting her time like a five-year-old whiny kid. She has to take care of Zahra. Her plate is full already.",

"What special day?", Zohaib interrupted. Zain and Huzaifa stopped and stared at him in disbelief.

"So.....you really don't know what is today?", Huzaifa heaved an audible sigh.

"No",

"Seriously bhai?", Zain asked. If he was angry earlier, this time he looked mad.

"Stop freaking out for God's sake, what's happening in the house? WHERE ARE THEY?", Zohaib looked annoyed now. He could bear the suspense no longer.

"Who?", Zain asked with a raised eyebrow.

"You know who I'm talking about", Zohaib retorted.

"You should know about your wife and daughter by yourself, don't you think so bhai?", Huzaifa grimaced.

"How would I know when nobody told me anything", Zohaib couldn't believe that his brothers who were fighting a few minutes ago were teamed up against him, their own fight is long forgotten. He didn't want to argue with them so he turned around to go away.

"Zain, Huzaifa where are your manners? is this a way to talk to your elder brother", Mom said angrily. "Instead of being an elder one, Zohiab has never treated you both badly ever".

"It's her birthday, Bhai", Zain called out making Zohaib halt in his tracks. He turned around.

"It's Faryal bhabhi's birthday", Zain repeated.

"She didn't tell me", Zohaib said, more like to himself.

"Masjid mein elaan krvana chahye tha usko, Haina? (She was supposed to make an announcement in the mosque, right?)", Huzaifa scoffed to which he got a glare from Mom.

"Huzaifa bhai let me explain to him", Zain said looking at Huzaifa and then he turned his eyes towards Zohaib.

"It's Bhabhi's birthday, yesterday her Baba Jan called dad and said that he wants to celebrate her birthday at Khan villa. Mom and Dad wanted to deny him as they had planned to host the event at Durrani house but knowing the fact bhabhi is his only child and....you know it's a different kind of day for bhabhi and uncle, happy and sad at the same time Mom and Dad couldn't deny him. By the way, she is his daughter we are no one to stop him from doing anything for her. I, Huzaifa Bhai, and Usman Bhai went with her in the morning to manage the things. Preparations are done there and we have to reach Khan villa at 5 o'clock",

"I had no idea", Zohaib said honestly.

"It's okay, we can understand. But now you go and get ready Zohaib...and Zain, Huzaifa don't you dare to speak to him like that ever", Mom said and went away.

"As you didn't know about it, hopefully, you don't have anything to gift her as well. She does so much for us and.....you clearly understand this better than me Bhai. She needs your presence today more than ever.", Huzaifa kept a hand on Zohaib's shoulder. By this time Huzaifa has understood that it wasn't Zohaib's fault as well, he should have informed him earlier. Zohaib and Faryal were getting along but there is still a long way to see them as a normal couple.

"Get ready bhai, we will have to leave soon now because you need to buy a gift for her. We still have an hour left", He added looking at his wristwatch.

"Zain you will accompany others as you are dying to go back there. Me and Zohaib bhai will come together after buying a gift. We might get late. Khush? (happy?)", Huzaifa instructed Zain.

"Bohut khush (Very happy)", Zain grinned.

"We are taking Uzair with us for shopping as well, he is great at these things", Zohaib said to which Huzaifa nodded.

-------------------------------

KHAN VILLA:

"Zahra you are giving me mixed signals. Last time okay, do you want us to wear this peach one or the lavender-colored dress", Faryal asked showing Zahra both dresses one by one while her eyes were focused on Zahra's face so she can get her answer through her expression.

"Alright, alright. Ammi understood. You want us to wear the lavender one. To be honest, I wanted it too", Faryal stated with loud facial expressions to which Zahra giggled.

"Zahra, please start speaking soon beta. It's not that I don't understand you now but when you will speak it will be kind of easier for us...you know", Faryal pouted. Zahra looked at her with wide eyes. She placed the dresses on the chair, sat down on the bed beside Zahra. She took her into her lap.

"Zahra is a small....little...baby", Faryal sang in a baby voice to which Zahra chuckled. She repeated it few more times because Zahra was enjoying it. A few days ago Faryal said this to Zahra, once she saw Zahra's reaction she was amazed. She had no idea what was so amusing about it that Zahra is enjoying it, but if Zahra likes it she had no issue singing for her that happily. 

"Thank you Zahra for always helping me and making my birthday extra special. Ammi loves you A LOT little one", She said sincerely, placed a kiss on Zahra's head, and hugged her tightly.

"Ammi only loves her little one now, that's why she has forgotten me", Faryal smiled and turned her head towards the door where Meesha was standing.

"Oh, Meesha when did you come?", Faryal chirped.

"Only heard the last sentence, wasn't eavesdropping of your mother-daughter conversation", Meesha dramatically rose her hands in surrender.

"Doesn't matter. Tum konsi parayi ho (You are not an outsider)", Faryal stood up and took Meesha in a tight embrace carefully sandwiching Zahra between them.

"Meeshu, I love you too", Faryal said genuinely.

"You always say that but still, you take ages to reply back to even my single message", Meesha said sadly and broke the hug. She looked hurt.

"It's not like I have forgotten you or my family", Faryal heaved a sigh and continued "Zahra keeps me super busy. I always feel guilty for not giving enough time to my family and you but the constant fear of what if I'm unable to fulfill Zahra's proper upbringing and needs, surface my guilt. Such bolun tou uske elawa ab muje koe nazar hi nahi aatha (Honestly speaking, In her presence, I don't see anything else)".

"Zahra k samne Zohaib b nazar nahi atha? (You can't see Zohaib as well in Zahra's presence?)", Meesha asked with raised eyebrows. Her lips twitched up in amusement.

"No one means, NO ONE", Faryal laughed. Meesha looked at her and a smile appeared on her face. This time she moved forward and hugged Faryal. Faryal wrapped one hand around because in another hand she was holding Zahra.

"We miss you a lot, but you have no idea how proud you have made us. We are damn proud of you Zahra's Ammi", Meesha said each word with utmost sincerity. Suddenly Zahra started talking her gibberish.

"Hahaha seems like Zahra wants to talk to her Meshu khala as well", Faryal chuckled. Meesha stepped back and took Zahra from Faryal.

"My baby", Meesha said to Zahra in a baby voice.

Faryal laid down on the bed with her legs hanging off the bed while Meesha was playing with Zahra.

"Tired?", Meesha asked.

"Roza lug raha hai muje (I'm feeling hungry)", Faryal replied feebly and kept staring at the ceiling.

Meesha shifted her glance across Faryal's body. Faryal was already skinny but now Meesha realized that she has lost more weight and for the first time in her life she had dark circles around her eyes.

"They don't take care of you?", Meesha asked in a worry-laced voice.

"They do to the extent which seems unrealistic", Faryal replied with her eyes closed.

"And Zohaib?",

"Obviously, what do you think of him? A monster?", Faryal chuckled. 

"It doesn't look like. If they do, then why did you lose weight, and what about these dark circles", Meesha questioned.

"Nothing to worry about Meeshu, you will understand this once you become a mother. Fasting and managing a child at the same time is not easy. I ain't complaining though", Faryal said.

"Does he treat you well? You have to be honest Fary", Meesha asked in a low concerned-filled voice.

"Meeshaaa", Faryal whined. She knew Meesha's overprotective nature but still, these questions were making her uncomfortable.

"Answer me?", Meesha demanded stubbornly.

Faryal heaved a sigh and said, "He respects me, understands me, takes care of me, do things for me effortlessly even if I don't ask him. For now, that's more than enough for me Meesha. Men are the most beautiful creature of God's creation. They will hide whatever is making them suffer and their pain, without letting their close ones know. Zohaib might be different from Fahad Bhai but that does not make him any less. Please stop interpreting the situation in a wrong way" 

"Enough of these depressing talks please, come here see our dresses", Faryal sat up and signaled Meesha to sit beside her.

"Baba Jan bought these two dresses for me and Zahra", Faryal showed her the dresses.

"Lovely, which one you decided to wear?", She questioned.

"The lavender-colored, it's my  Ammi's favorite color and Zahra also wanted us to wear it",

"You both will be wearing similar dresses", Meesha asked to which Faryal nodded.

"That's so cute Fary, you know what after seeing you and Zahra's bonding I want a daughter ASAP", Meesha said dreamily.

"What are you waiting for? Please make me a khala soon. Zahra will become the loving elder sister then", Faryal giggled to which Meesha elbowed her.

"You are staying here this time, right? Because I have informed Fahad already and don't you dare to go back and ditch me here alone as you did before", Meesha warned her.

"Yup don't worry, I'm staying here for few days. I know these days are hardest for Baba jan so I don't want to leave him alone",

"That's cool, Zahra you will sleep with me today",

"Umm, No...She won't spend the night here",

"What do you mean?, you said you are staying", Meesha asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I'm staying but Zahra will go back, Zohaib and Zahra can't live without each other for a longer period. She would spend her day with me but night with Zohaib", Faryal explained. Her own words were hurting her but she knew she had no other option.

"That's absurd, every mother takes her kids with her and the husband has to understand. It's normal between couples. Did Zohaib tell you to do this?", Faryal wanted to tell her that whatever she said was a normal thing between couples but they are not a normal couple. In fact, she was so busy becoming Zahra's Ammi that she has never thought of Zohaib being her husband and asking for her rights as a wife.

"Not again" Faryal rolled her eyes."Zohaib has not told me such a thing Meesha. You are misjudging him. He even does not know about all this. I decided this because I can't get blinded by my love towards Zahra and snatch Zohaib's rights. At the end of the day, Zahra's is his own flesh and blood."

"I know I'm being paranoid but you are very well aware of the fact that I just want to make sure you are getting what you deserve ", Meesha fetched a deep breath."You are right but....forget it Fary",

"Preparations are done?', Meesha asked changing the topic.

"Yup, all done", Faryal gave her a smile. She knew Meesha didn't buy her words. Meesha being a Meesha, is going to give Zohaib a tough time now. God bless him.  

-------------------------------

"Find something simple for her...I mean simple but unique. I have given you the ideas after that I'm 100% sure you know the drill ", Uzair instructed him.

"You both are not going inside?", Zohaib asked.

"No Bhai, you go inside. We will wait for you here", Huzaifa sat down beside Uzair in a waiting area in front of a jewelry shop. The shopping mall was not so crowded since it was Ramadan so they preferred to take the seats and let Zohaib choose something by himself.

Zohaib nodded and went inside.

"He has better taste in buying these kinds of stuff, if he can act like a dumb right now, he does not know to what extent we can push him to do the things", Uzair said with a smug look.

"My brother is many things but he is not insensitive. He knows how to respect someone.", Huzaifa smiled looking at the distance. 

Zohaib glanced around the shop to find something for Faryal. His eyes scanned the items carefully and finally one got his attention.

"Perfect", He smiled in triumph.

He asked the salesman to pack that for him. After paying the money he took the shopping bag from the counter and went out towards Uzair and Huzaifa.

"Did you find something here?", Huzaifa asked.

"Yeah", Zohaib said.

"Cool", Uzair smiled.

"That was too quick man", He added.

Uzair and Huzaifa rose up from the seats and stood beside Zohaib.

"Aik masla khatum hova (One problem down)", Huzaifa sighed in relief. "I think we should leave now, we are getting late".

"No wait", Uzair stopped them when he spotted a flower shop.

"I would suggest you buy a bouquet for her as well", He proposed.

"If you say so", Zohaib looked convinced, three of them started walking towards the flower shop.

"Great idea Uzair Bhai, you seem quite an experienced person in this field, contradictory to your statement that you have never been in a relationship", Huzaifa grinned.

"Coaches don't play", Uzair winked. "I can guide you as well if you need my assistance".

Zohaib and Huziafa let out a chuckle.

"Yeh tou waqt hi bathaye ga beta (The time will only tell us)", Zohaib said.

"Which type of bouquet would you like sir?", The shopkeeper asked when they entered the shop.

"Roses?", Huzaifa questioned looking at Zohaib.

"No", Uzair scrunched his nose. "It would be too cheesy.....and typical".

"Can we have a customized one, urgently?", Zohaib asked the shopkeeper.

"Sure sir, why not. I can take you there if you want to.", Shop keeper offered.

"Lead the way please", Zohaib stated. The shopkeeper took them inside a compartment where various sorts of fresh flowers were present.

"What do you think?", Uzair questioned looking at Zohaib. Zohaib looked around and thought for a few minutes. He moved forward and picked up a bunch of purple hyacinth flowers.

"Pink peonies", Huzaifa said and picked up a hand full of it.

"And white tulips", Uzair stated. They gave each other a victory look.

"These will look amazing together", Huzaifa smiled.

"Exactly! that's why a team work is dream work", Uzair said proudly.

They handed the flowers to the shopkeeper. Zohaib directed him how he wants it and waited for it. They were constantly getting calls from the family, reminding them that they are already late.

"Finally we can go there", Huzaifa let out a sigh in relief and scooted down in the back seat of the car. Uzair sat in the front passenger seat while Zohaib was driving the car. Uzair looked at the bouquet and smiled. "You know what this bunch of flowers mean?", He asked.

"No", Huzaifa replied.

"Okay let me interpret, Purple hyacinth is the symbol of constancy and sincerity. Tulips represent unconditional and deep love while peonies signify prosperity, honor, and bravery", Uzair stated while Huzaifa and Zohaib were carefully listening to him.

"This bouquet is not just a bunch of flowers tied together, it represents what an actual relationship is. A true relationship is supposed to make one prosperous and brave, feel honored, provide unconditional and deep love and a complete sense of sincerity and constancy.", He stated.

"Amazing interpretation Uzair Bhai", Huzaifa looked amazed.

Zohaib turned his eyes towards the bouquet placed on the dashboard. He understood what Uzair was trying to say.

"Koshish karo jis cheez k leye tum khud tars rahay ho, wo tumhri wajah say un cheezo k leye kabi na tarsay. Chahay wo rishtha ho, khushyan ho ya phir sukoon (Try to never be the reason for her to get deprived of the things, which you are yearning to have in your own life . Whether it's a relationship, happiness or tranquility)", Uzair shifted his glance towards Zohaib "Are you getting what I'm trying to say, right?"

"Yeah", Zohaib replied and nodded his head.  

"Thanks to both of you", Zohaib said.

"Nah, you don't need to thank us. You can do this for us in the future. Humara konsa kawara marne ka irada hai (We don't have a wish to die single)", Huzaifa replied playfully.

"Same here", Uzair agreed.

"Sure", Zohaib smiled.

---------------------------------------

KHAN VILLA:

Faryal shifted her eyes towards the door again, still no sign of them. She heaved a sigh. Zain was playing with Zahra but his concentration was on Faryal. For the past one hour, she was doing this.

"Bhabhi they will come soon, Huzaifa Bhai said they have just finished their work", Zain tried to convince her. She nodded her head.

"Kaam? aj b (work? today as well). If Zohaib was so busy, Huzaifa and Uzair were not supposed to wait for him" She thought. As much as she wanted to feel okay but it did hurt her. 

"Qari Sahab is saying that the Quran khwani (Quran recitation) is completed.", Usman said as he joined them. Baba Jan also appeared after him.

"Baba can we delay the dua (Prayer) a little bit", Faryal said while her eyes were fixed on the entrance. Babaj Jan knew what she was trying to say. He moved forward and placed his hand on her head. Faryal looked into her Baba Jan's eyes.

"As you wish meri jan", Baba Jan smiled.

Faryal grabbed her baba jan's hand from her head and kissed it. "Thank you baba jan".

"I'll go and dress up Zahra", She took Zahra from Zain and went to her room.

----------------------------------------

Zohaib, Huzaifa, and Uzair greeted everyone. Amma Jan offered them to sit on the sofa. Uzair and Huzaifa settled down but Zohaib was looking around to spot Zahra and Faryal with a bouquet in his hands.

Meesha cleared her throat and said, "Umm Zohaib, they are upstairs".

Zohaib looked at her and then around him, everyone was starring at him. He nodded his head and without saying anything hurriedly climbed the stairs. 

----------------------------------------

Assalam-u-alikum/Namaste! I hope you are doing great.❤

How was today's update?

What do you think Zohaib has bought for Faryal? Guess karo.

P.S: I know some of you guys are going to complain about not having Faryal-Zohaib-Zahra scenes together In this chapter but let me say something in my defense already lol, as you might know, the last two chapters were mostly about them so in order to move the story forward extra situations are also needed (according to me, you can disagree as well). But the good news is,  next chapters are going to be the sweet ones, the keyword is *SWEET-ONES*. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

285K 15.5K 22
"Me Usmaan ke ilawa kisi bhi mard ke bistar pr sone ka soch bhi nahi sakti" "Naam Nahi Lo Uska!" "Usmaan" Zaakir Khan. A messiah to many, a man...
146K 4.8K 74
••| 1st in Arranged Series |•• Can be read as a Standalone. "Thank God, you took my call," he mumbled. "Why did you send that flower bouquet?" He f...
440K 18.8K 89
"You?" She yells. "You feisty cat, look what have you done? You have teeth or cutters?" "And what the hell did you just do? You scared the hell out...
555K 31.1K 33
❝ She came into his life like an angel that she was and changed its whole meaning ❞ The story of a brother who has spoiled his little sister rotten...