Your Kids Love Me

Galing kay damsunjung

Dahyun came in late one morning, seeing her office in a mess, and the culprits? Her assistant-Sana's two sons... Higit pa

Chapter One: Puzzle Piece
Chapter Two: Coffee?
Chapter Three: Who's Cute?
Chapter Four: Markers
Chapter Five: Bentley's Love
Chapter Six: Conflict
Chapter Seven: Lollipop
Chapter Eight: Dahyunie
Chapter Nine: Girlfriend?
Chapter Ten: Another Rival?
Chapter Eleven: The Other Half
Chapter Twelve: When?
Chapter Thirteen: I'm Better
Chapter Fourteen: Because I am Your Boss
Chapter Fifteen: Coffee Jelly
Chapter Sixteen: Fruits
Chapter Seventeen: Dahyun's Family
Chapter Eighteen: To Cope With Changes
Chapter Nineteen: The Questions in Love
Chapter Twenty: What's Done is Done
Chapter Twenty-One: A Bittersweet Day
Chapter Twenty-Three: You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Growing Old
Chapter Twenty-Five: Odds and Ends
New AU?

Chapter Twenty-Two: Candy Ring

2.6K 138 80
Galing kay damsunjung

It has been weeks. Christmas is getting closer, but what the kids are more excited about is the snow. They already have plans — snowball fights which Sana doesn't fully agree to since playing with snow could have the boys catching a cold. The couple had to argue about it. Dahyun with her, "this only happens every winter. Come on, let's have fun! Will and Ben are excited about this," and Sana, with her firm, "no. No, Dahyun." Not long, though, those words would turn to, "fine!" Well, I guess none could refuse puppy eyes from three cute angels.

"So..." Dahyun plopped down, seated next to Sana, who is watching a late-night talk show. "Don't you think her face is getting boring each time?" She told Sana, shaking her head while looking at the actress on the television.

"You are one bad sister," Sana said, pulling Dahyun's ear and making her squeal from pain. "Mina's face gets better each time! What do you mean boring?" She hissed.

The other woman firmly shook her head this time. "You must be talking about your face." She wiggled her eyebrows, leaning closer to peck on Sana's cheek. "There's not a girl I know who is prettier than you."

"Stop sweet-talking me. You have been doing that ever since I got hired," Sana said, smirking teasingly. "Look, it's okay that you have a crush on me—"

"Crush on you?" Dahyun chuckled, squinting her eyes in disbelief. "For your information, lady, you are now my girlfriend," she said. "But okay, maybe I am still crushing on you a bit." She held Sana's hand, smiling while they intertwined fingers. "Like when you are sleeping, and I could only watch you — and smile, think about how lucky I am to get that close look. In times like that, I wonder how come you are my girlfriend."

Sana giggled at the confession. "Is that something like a regret? Because I will throw your face a fist if so," she said.

"See? I wonder how come you are my girlfriend now," Dahyun jested, causing the other woman to roll eyes. "You should be my wife. That's what I think," she was almost whispering. Sana had her heart suddenly beating out of her chest. She knows very well that Dahyun speaks sweetly, but she can't get used to it enough. Her entire world is calm in pink as long as her girlfriend is around.

Sana nodded her head and said, "got any ring?" In a joking manner.

Dahyun's mouth was hanging open. "Right! That's why I feel like something is lacking," she said. "Lemme just..." She suddenly stood up, going somewhere and leaving Sana in wonder. What got her more puzzled is that the woman headed to the fridge.

"What are you doing, babe?" Sana asked, and no response for that.

Just a little while after going through something in the refrigerator, Dahyun came back, hiding something behind her. "I got you a ring," she smirked. Sana couldn't even process it yet, but now that the other is already on one knee, she could only gulp. "Will you marry me?" she asked with a serious — expectant face.

"Really?" Sana laughed after seeing a candy ring. Dahyun only nodded her head, holding back her laughter because she wants it to at least look earnest. "With those?" She asked again, pointing at the ring. Humming, Sana answered, "no," jokingly.

"Yes?" Dahyun asked.

"I said no," Sana answered once again.

"Yes."

"No."

Dahyun rolled her eyes before taking Sana's hand and putting the ring on her pinky. Well, it doesn't fit the ring finger. "Thank you for saying yes," she said before standing up, only to sit on her girlfriend's lap.

"You really don't take no for an answer, do you?" Sana giggled as she wrapped her arms around Dahyun's waist. The other woman smiled, meaning yes, she does not. "Just wait until Bentley learns about you, snatching his candy."

"Ah, don't show him!"

"Why? Shouldn't I be proud that I am finally engaged?" Sana teased, but Dahyun puckered her lips.

"The ring will get confiscated," she said. They laughed a few more, not even understanding what's so funny. "Anyway, what's our plan for Christmas... or before? I already have the snowball fight and snowman making with our kids," Dahyun said. "How about us?"

"Grocery shopping," Sana answered right away.

"That sounds so much like a couple and parents' thing," Dahyun laughed and nodded her head. "Okay, let's do that," she agreed anyway. "What else?"

Sana couldn't think of anything fun, so she just said, "cook?"

"Of course, baby. What do we do with groceries if we won't cook?"

"You're right," Sana could only say as she bobs her head. "I suck at this," she uttered. "How about you? What do you want to do?"

Dahyun smirked, making Sana furrow her eyebrows. "I don't really care about what happens in the morning," she spoke. "I'll take the night."

"Oh, no."

"You mean, oh, yes." And there's just no escape to that. "Maybe we should..." Dahyun took the remote control to turn the television off, and then she stood up, pulling Sana with her. "Do some practice tonight," she said.

"Dahyun!" Her girlfriend slightly slapped her arm.

"Why? Practice makes perfect!" Dahyun joked around, causing Sana to do a facepalm. "So, shower?" She asked.

The other woman sighed and answered, "shower."

"Good answer! I like it!"

"Uh-huh. Better keep your voice down before the kids hear you, and ruin your practice night," Sana played before she winked, walking towards their room. Dahyun pressed her lips together, both silencing herself and holding back a smile. "Hurry up!"

"Yes, ma'am," she whispered.

"I thought you wanted to sleep more?" Dahyun asked when Sana got out of the room, wearing the plaid pajamas she gave her. Dahyun sipped on her coffee before placing it down the table. She is sitting on the couch, waiting for the babies to wake up, but a bigger baby came out.

Sana hummed as she gets all cuddled up beside Dahyun, who immediately hugged her with one arm. Every morning is this lovely to them. "I love you," she randomly said.

Dahyun kissed the top of Sana's head. "I love you too," she answered. A few minutes of silence got her asking, "are you sleeping?" She peeked on the other's face and whispered, "right."

It hasn't even been five minutes when Bentley walked out of their room, staring blankly in his moms' direction. Dahyun saw him, so she asked, "what is it?"

"I," he mumbled, "I need to poo."

"Oh..." the pale woman bobbed her head. Right then, Sana raised her head as she heard it. "I'm sorry, honey, the real baby needs me," she said.

Sana chuckled and said, "and the kitchen needs me now." Well, they are parents. That means no enough time for cuddles.

"Where is my candy?" Bentley asked while stepping on the refrigerator. "Bro, did you eat my candy?" he asked once again, and William yelled no from the living room. They just ate breakfast. "Where is it?" he wondered.

Dahyun and Sana were trying their best not to laugh. "Where did you put it?" The pale one whispered, careful so that they won't get heard by William, who is just close.

Sana whispered back, "I think I left it above the bedside table. I removed it last night."

"Okay, keep it there," Dahyun said. "Bentley, let's buy a new one, okay? Maybe Santa Claus ate it."

"Was he hungry?" The little boy asked.

"I don't know... maybe?"

Sana could only shake her head, pinched Dahyun's thigh. "That makes you a second placer as a mom," she said. "I am still the best."

"Sure. I agree," Dahyun answered. "At some point, I realized you should win too. I always win, so—OUCH!" she exclaimed after receiving another pinch.

"You only win because I let you!"

"No, I win because I am good!"

William laughed while watching the two. "You fight more than Bentley, and I do," he said. "We should scold you too! Stand next to the wall and raise your hands in the air!" He yelled.

The couple played, puckering their lips like how children do. "This is your fault," Dahyun whispered before standing up with Sana next to the wall. Well, it is one way to get the children following them.

"How is it my fault? I was just telling the truth."

"Quiet!" Bentley said, giggling right after.

"We get a kiss and hug part after the punishment, right?" Dahyun asked the kids, making them nod. "This is good. We should fight more," she joked.

Sana is currently paying for what the kids picked in the convenience store while Dahyun ate ice cream with the boys near the door. "Thank you," Sana politely said before taking the bags. Turning around, she saw an unexpected person standing behind her.

"Hey." It was Jungkook, with a small smile, "I knew it was you, but I didn't know how to tell you... that wow, you are here too," he said.

"Yeah?" Sana didn't know what to say, so she just smiled. "I'll head out," she said as a farewell.

"Wait," the man said. "Can we talk? For a while?"

Sana looked at where Dahyun and the kids were, and her girlfriend was already looking. They stared at each other's eyes for a while, talking through those. The pale woman bobbed her head, saying they should go ahead and discuss whatever.

"Okay," Sana told him.

Jungkook nodded his head continuously, and "great. Let me just pay for these first," he said.

"Aren't you jealous?" William asked Dahyun, making the latter smile and shake her head. "Why not? When I watch television, people get jealous when their partner talks to somebody else."

Dahyun hummed and answered, "because... I trust your mommy loves me." And then she smiled, looking outside to where Jungkook and Sana stood.

On the other side, Jungkook just started speaking, "the last time wasn't a good talk." Sana nodded her head in agreement. "I'm sorry," he sincerely said, and that was the first time. "I apologize for everything I did. That is why I wanted to talk to you."

"That's all in the past," Sana could only say.

"I just realized I wouldn't be able to move forward if I wouldn't tell you why and how much I am sorry." Jungkook had tears building upon his eyes. "I was aware, I saw your pain, and I know I caused it, but I chose to be blinded. I want you to know that I loved you dearly, loved you so much. And you are right — it is all in the past." He sighed, wiped his tears away, and smiled. "I'm really glad that you are happy now. I hope this time it would last." But he just couldn't stop tearing up. "You deserve so much more. Those I couldn't give to you before, you deserve it all. You, you should know that."

Everything seems to feel lighter now. Sana smiled and said, "thank you for telling me. I'm sure it took so much courage." Even looking back to the memories they made doesn't hurt Sana anymore. She heaved a sigh out of relief. "I wish that all of this would be a lesson to you, Jungkook. As you said, there are lots of things you weren't able to give me..."

"Those I regret," Jungkook continued.

"Yes," Sana said. "Give them all to Rosé. Love her the way you couldn't, to me. Don't let yourself have any more regrets."

The man sniffed, chuckled from embarrassment since the last time he cried in front of Sana was at their wedding. "I will remember that," Jungkook said.

Sana and the kids are already inside the car, and when Dahyun is about to open the door to the driver's seat, someone called her. "Me?" She asked.

"Yeah," Jungkook said. "I want to talk to you too," he added.

"Yeah? All righty then," Dahyun coolly said before gesturing to Sana. "Okay, what do we talk about?"

Jungkook smiled, biting his tongue inside his mouth. He never thought a day would come when he would say this, "thank you." And it surprised Dahyun too. "We always had this competition going on. The company, and the kids," he spoke before chuckling. "And you are right. We are not the same."

Dahyun only listened to him, fiddling her thumbs behind. "Because you are better than me. Even the best," Jungkook said. "Oh, God, you have no idea how hard it is for me to say this." It caused Dahyun to laugh. "But I just want to ask you this favor."

"Mhmm?"

"Don't change," he said. "Even when times get tough, don't change. I want you to keep them happy — my kids, make them laugh in times I couldn't because I'm away."

Dahyun nodded her head and said, "you can trust me."

"And don't make her cry. Don't make the same mistake I did because," Jungkook sighed. "It always struck you late. After you lose someone, only then you'll realize how precious they are." Dahyun understood what he meant. "Sana already spared me so many tears and pain, and I can't turn that back anymore. So, please, make all that up for me. I know I sound stupid, but it's true, I am."

"It was a mistake, Jungkook. Don't be too hard on yourself."

"Yeah, I'll try that," he said. "Please — my tears suck." Jungkook laughed, looking up, so it wouldn't fall for the nth time today. He cleared his throat and uttered, "please love her until the end."

Dahyun could only smile. She believes that no answer is needed because she will do it anyway. "Here," she took something out of her pocket, causing Jungkook to smile. "William told me—"

"When someone cries," Jungkook continued, taking the lollipop getting offered to him. "He taught you well," he jested.

"Sure, he does," Dahyun answered. "And guess what?"

"What?"

"It comes with a hug," she said before offering a friendly hug, which the other gladly took. "Thank you for trusting me with them too, Jungkook." And after a short while, Dahyun spoke again, "okay, we should probably get this over with before it gets any weirder," pulling out of the hug. She tapped Jungkook's shoulder lightly, "get home safe."

"You too."

And inside the car, Dahyun avoided Sana's gaze, but she knew the woman was looking. "Stop that," she said.

Sana laughed, reaching to hold the other side of Dahyun's face to pull the woman closer. "I'm so proud of you," and then she pecked on her girlfriend's cheek. "You, lowering your pride, means so much to me," she said.

"I will do anything for you," Dahyun said.

Sana looked at her with all contentment, and even her eyes were glimmering from so much adoration. "I love you, Dahyun. You have no idea how much you make me fall deeper for you each day."

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

389K 14.7K 58
TWICE wakes up one morning finding their Maknae Line turned into toddlers how will TWICE respond to this sudden change? can they turn the maknaes bac...
116K 4.3K 24
Ever since Mina heard about the news of having new neighbors, she immediately thought it was bad news. And guess what, Mina was right. Son Chaeyoung...
30.3K 1.1K 22
The world is a dark place. Filled with mystery, secrets and maybe a spark of happiness and hope. However, the darkness can still be overcomed when li...
65.6K 2.2K 21
Son Chaeyoung is diagnosed with Selective mutism. He lives with his mom, who is a single mother. His mother has to take multiple jobs to make ends me...