Ms. Jones, You're My Trigger...

Da gone_flower

Book one. A story of a young adult whose speech deficiency ruled over her life - Until now. Alexis Anderson... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
II - Chapter 1
II - Chapter 2
II - Chapter 4
II - Chapter 5
II - Chapter 6
II - Chapter 7
II - Chapter 8
II - Chapter 9
II - Chapter 10
II - Chapter 11
II - Chapter 12
II - Chapter 13
II - Chapter 14
II - Chapter 15
II - Chapter 16
II - Chapter 17
II - Chapter 18
II - Chapter 19
II - Chapter 20
Epilogue
Q/A
Spin-off is out!
Bonus chapter
Bonus Chapter R-rated!

II - Chapter 3

19.8K 924 567
Da gone_flower

Vanessa POV

"She hasn't been h-h-herself recently," Alexis talked about Daisy, as she drove us towards the city. "I could always t-t-tell and read her, but now... She's a blank slate," she worried with furrowed brows.

I hummed recalling her earlier behavior, and how she violently pushed Isabel against the lockers, but also how she simply watched Alexis getting bullied by other students. I began to believe the girl might have done something, that pushed her to the edge.

"You think..." I began unsurely. "She might have done something?"

Alexis tightened her grip on the wheel and chewed on her inner cheek. She hasn't responded verbally, instead shook her head to the sides as if not wanting to believe in any dark possibility.

"Right, sorry sweetheart." I placed my hand on her thigh and she instantly relaxed. "Give her some space, a lot of things have happened, she might just need some time to process it," I tried to reassure the girl, but also believe in that scenario myself.

Daisy might have not been my problem per se, but she was Alexis life, and so she automatically became a part of mine. She was a stubborn, full of pain and rage young woman, but she was also a part of Alexis family and her pillar. The brunette always talked about their friendship with pure admiration and gratefulness - I couldn't possibly dislike her, even if she wasn't too fond of me.

"Yeah," she agreed in a whisper, still hesitant, but not as worried. "The s-s-storm seems to be much c-calmer here," she pointed out as I looked outside.

The evening darkness from the gloomy clouds was brightened up by the lights. The first hour of our drive was very difficult and dangerous, and so I didn't bother the girl with much talking, letting her concentrate on getting us out of the storm.

Now, the wind wasn't as strong, and it was much easier to pick up some speed. I tried not to think of Mira who was most likely still crying... I felt like a failure.

"How did Christmas g-go?" she asked while setting up the GPS on her phone, we were getting off the highway soon.

I shifted nervously, I wasn't ready to mention my mother just yet. "Good, we spent it with Ann, for the most part, Amira definitely missed you though..."

The flashbacks of Amira being disappointed by the brunette's absence during Christmas have caused a slight heartache. I shouldn't be allowing her to get this attached, but at the same time, I wasn't sure whether I wanted to stop it.

"I missed her too... But I c-c-couldn't leave Mason and Sam, we a..always spend it together, I'm sorry." She apologized for no reason.

"Alexis, I never expected you to do that, we well..." I paused trying to gather my thoughts. "I expect you to spend holidays with your family, not us." Even though I want you to. "So, don't feel responsible. Amira has to learn that you are just a family friend and you cannot be there at all times." The more I spoke the less convincing I sounded. "If you like I can talk to her, so you don't feel too pressured," I finished regretfully, hoping she wasn't going to take me up on that offer.

She stayed completely silent before speaking up, "Yeah... You do what's b-b-best for her, if getting too attached to me is going to c-c-cause issues then-"

"-it won't" I interrupted not letting her go any further.

She gave me a side glance, before nodding her head and going quiet again – It hurt.

What did I expect? Maybe some part of me wanted for her to disagree. To say that she would never let that happen, but then Alexis was too considerate, and it was the only thing that got onto my nerves. 

She would easily allow herself to suffer in order to make others happy, but what she didn't understand was that it wouldn't. Both Amira and I needed her... How could I get her to understand that?

"So um, how did yours go?" I attempted to break the odd tension.

She sighed heavily indicating it wasn't good. "Not great," she said shortly before continuing. "Daisy ignored us... Sam t-t-tried to act as if nothing happened, and well... Mason is g-g-going all dark on me again," she bit her bottom lip. "He sleeps longer a-and avoids going out of h-h-his room. So, to sum up, I w-w-wish I could have spent it with you Vanessa because m-maybe then I could finally celebrate Christmas."

"I wish you could have spent it with me too," I confessed in a whisper.

Her hand found its way into mine as she gave it a tiny squeeze. "That what's t-the future is for," she said with a warm smile, causing a wave of heat to wash over my cheeks.

She said it so easily without any second thoughts, it made me want to believe her, even though I knew better.

Soon she would leave whether it was going to be for college or something else. I didn't expect her to stay in this small town when there were so many things she wanted to see, yet I couldn't help it - I was falling for her.

Turning my head to the side in a poor attempt to hide a blush - something I've never done before - we haven't spoken till the end of the ride.

"This should be the place," she commented as she peeked outside of my window.

It was a nice large resort and I noticed Alexis gawking at it in awe. Come to think of it she did mention never leaving our town, so this must have made quite an impression.

We walked into a large lobby filled with customers even at such a late hour. I took few steps towards the reception, before realizing Alexis hasn't moved.

Frowning at her terrified expression I came up to her and embraced her hand in mine. This must have been a lot to take in for someone who wasn't used to the crowds.

"You could wait in the car, there's no reason to push yourself," I told her concerned.

Her large lost eyes looked into mine but quickly composed themselves while snapping back and forth between random people. 

She tensed up but took a deep breath. "Let's not w-w-waste time."

Not letting go of her hand I kept her close to my side while getting a room location from one of the receptionists.

Walking up the large wide staircase we got up to the second floor. This aquarium resort was larger than I anticipated, with its own hotel and shops, even I was taken aback by its size.

Knocking on the door, there was no answer. Slightly, irritated I took my phone ready to call the teacher.

"Alexis?" My daughter's quiet and sad voice caught our attention.

She stood on the other end of the hallway with red puffy eyes and a teacher by her side.

"Mommy?" breath hitched in my throat, she hasn't called me that in ages. "Mommy!" She gushed excitedly and ran straight into my arms. "I..I thought I would never see you," she sobbed into my shirt - my embrace tightening.

"Baby I would never leave you," I cooed her in my arms.

"But... they left me... I don't want you to leave," she cried and I allowed her to let it out.

A couple of minutes have passed before she has finally calmed down. Her orbs sparkled as she looked at Alexis who stood next to us. She hasn't seen her for more than a week, and so I wasn't surprised when she jumped out of my arms straight onto brunette's, who skillfully picked her up with a grin.

My daughter looked like a little koala.

"Sorry for the troubles," the woman spoke. "I'm glad you were able to pick her up."

With difficulty, I took my eyes off the girls. "I will take her things, and we will get going," I informed.

"But Nessi! Now that you are both here, let's stay till tomorrow!" Mira insisted with excitement.

I sighed not wanting to upset her. "Honey, I got work, and Alexi has her things," I decided not to mention 'school'.

"I will give you a moment, however, if you do decide to stay Amira can join our sightseeing session in the morning.

Well, thank you, fellow teacher... That wasn't very helpful.

Left in the hallway with the two most adorable girls in the world, both giving me that look - I scoffed internally.

"Don't," I warned.

They knew what they were doing, those adorable puppy eyes.

"But Nessi... Alexis always wanted to see sharks! Right?" She emphasized while wiggling in Alexis' arms.

"That was you, honey," I pointed out at my daughter who made an 'o' face. "But, but!" she argued not letting this go.

Alexis gently placed her down. "It's o-o-okay, w-we can g-g-go home," she stuttered and smiled weakly at the girl.

My heart fell, I never wanted to be the reason behind her disappointment.

"Fine," I grumbled. "We can stay." I gave up, I didn't have enough willpower to refuse them both.

"Yay!" Amira screamed happily.

Alexis looked at me wide-eyed, not believing my words. "Really...?" she whispered with a fragile voice.

I tilted my head surprised by her reaction, why was it so hard to believe?

"Of course, I will simply explain my absence with Amira's situation, however, you should think of something to report to the principal later." The last thing I wanted was to get her in trouble.

Suddenly her entire posture and expression have changed. She beamed with the widest smile on her inviting lips. Taking me by surprise as she dropped herself onto my neck.

"What's wrong?" My voice shaky. Was she really that excited about seeing the aquarium?

She seemed troubled not knowing what to say. "I um... I n-n-never.." she chewed on her inner cheek, her eyes getting teary.

I gently moved the strands of her hair behind her ear and planted a loving kiss upon her forehead. "You don't have to explain."

Her cheeks turned red as she nodded gratefully and turned towards Amira who appeared in a need of attention. Both girls babbled about something, while I informed the teacher about our decision. 

Since it was getting late we walked Amira back to her room and promised to see her during breakfast. 

"Well, let's go get the rooms, we should rest as well. Especially you," I said as I observed her weary face - The drive must have been exhausting.  

As we walked down towards the reception the number of people have noticeably decreased. I was never bothered by such things, but now knowing it was a cause of brunette's distress I was secretly happy there weren't as many people. 

It was odd, Alexis made me aware of so many things I've never paid attention to before - It must have been hard to deal with them all. 

"Two singles, please," I said to the reception guy. 

Alexis pulled on my sleeve causing me to raise a brow. She didn't seem comfortable enough to speak around a stranger, and so she quietly took her wallet out and pointed at her card. 

I gave her a tiny smile. "My treat," I pushed her wallet away, but she puffed her cheeks and shook her head. I rolled my eyes and pulled her closer. "I said it was my treat," I quietly hissed into her ear. "Don't make me beg, that's your part," I smirked at her flustered face, which she hid by turning around.  

"Um... sorry ma'am there's no more singles, I can only offer a double." 

I shot him a 'are you serious?' glare and looked at the girl who still avoided the eye contact. 

"Sweetheart," I gently tapped her shoulder. "Would that be okay?" I asked worriedly, receiving a quiet 'yes' in return.

"We will take it, and also two tickets for tomorrow's viewing at the aquarium."

Alexis wasn't too happy with me paying for everything, but I ignored her death stare and happily walked away, having her follow me with a pout. 

Entering our room I grimaced at the sight of fish imprinted bed covers. 

"Seriously?" I scoffed while touching it with disgust. "I know we are at the aquarium, but couldn't they be a bit more subtle?" I raised a brow while looking at Alexis who couldn't contain her chuckles. "Ohhh, now you are laughing huh," I remarked with a fake annoyance and pulled her onto the bed. 

"Look,"  I pointed with my head. "Even a stupid lamp is shaped like a fish." 

Alexis laughed uncontrollably, while I pinned her against the bed and shook my head in disbelief. Somehow I wished to freeze this moment in time because I felt the happiest and most content I've ever been. 

Yes, in a stupid aquarium hotel with the most gorgeous young woman right under me, laughing like a child - This was indeed one of the most blissful moments I've got to experience as far. 

I couldn't help, but start laughing myself, seeing her this happy and carefree was beautiful. Alexis opened her eyes and looked deeply into mine while caressing the side of my cheek - just enough for the butterflies to erupt.  

She grinned, exposing her white teeth. "I like y-your laugh," she giggled adorably - such a charmer. 

"And I like yours," I confessed, serious.

"So..." her eyes wandered around the room. "Is this appropriate Miss?"

Oh? I gave her a questioning look. 

"Y-y-you know, us s-sleeping together," she continued her cheeky game. 

I smirked not feeling like letting her control this one. "Of course," I said confidently. "You are sleeping on the floor," I joked with a touch of sarcasm. 

Brunette gasped and turned us around, situating herself comfortably around my waist. "Would you r-r-really be fine with that?" she inquired further. 

I smiled mischievously, "I would."

Honestly having her on top of me wasn't all that bad... "Although," I continued at the sight of her pouty face. "I would much prefer to have you in my arms," I gently pulled her down and embraced her in a hug.

She snuggled into me and I could feel her smile against my chest. She must have noticed my wild heartbeat.

"Only for you," I whispered unsure whether she would understand me. 

She blessed me with a soft hum and guided my hand towards her chest. 

"Same here," she spoke against my neck, slightly embarrassed by the revelation, as I felt her precious heart beating strongly against her chest. "You better f-fix it," she mumbled under her breath. 

I chuckled. "You are fine habibti, that's completely normal," I assured. 

However, she placed her hand against mine as it still rested on her chest and gave it a strong squeeze. 

"Please, fix it..." her voice broke as she snuggled further into my neck. 

I felt stupid for only just figuring it out. She wasn't talking about the uncontrollable heartbeat, but something much more meaningful.

 She was entrusting me her heart in hopes of putting it back together.

Rare tears escaped my eyes as I tightened the hug. "I promise to do my best..." I whispered and refused to let her go until we've both fallen asleep on a stupidly ridiculous bed.  

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

205K 6.1K 42
Life has been nothing but rough for 20 year old Alexis Anderson, she has a past filled with secrets ,hurts and betrayal. Moving away from home seem t...
366K 9.5K 33
When Rebeccas mom passed away from cancer, she finds herself 4 months later moving to a new town with her dad. As she deals with starting a new schoo...
105K 2.6K 37
When a teacher starts at a new school she is devoted to help her students. She's the caring type but still lives a partying life. Helping one of her...
126K 4.6K 29
It's not impossible to love a broken soul. But it takes a lot of time and patience. Inspired by : *. Take Me Home - Jess Glynne Alex is not your ordi...