πŸ’™β€οΈβœ¨πŸš π•‚π•π•’π•Ÿπ•”π•– π•†π•Ÿπ•–π•€...

By TooMinty

Ahh, A new klance one shot has been born! A possibly wonderful Klance oneshots. This is a part two and you kn... More

πŸ˜ŠπŸ’”The Beat Of His HeartπŸ’”πŸ˜Š
😈😊Demon/Human Au😊😈
😊😊Demon/Human Au (Part 2)😊😊
πŸ˜ŠπŸ’”Don't go..2/2πŸ’”πŸ˜Š
😊😊Tutoring😊😊
😊😊Mini Artist😊😊
πŸ’”πŸ˜ŠKEITH!πŸ˜ŠπŸ’”
😊😊Sleep Is For The Weak😊😊
😊😊Roommates😊😊
😈😈Drunk😈😈
πŸ’”πŸ’”RejectionπŸ’”πŸ’”
πŸ’•πŸ’”πŸ˜ŠPrisoner/Guard AuπŸ˜ŠπŸ’”πŸ’•
πŸ˜ˆπŸ’•πŸ˜ŠShower SexπŸ˜ŠπŸ’•πŸ˜ˆ
😊😊Halloween😊😊
😊😊Best Friends😊😊
πŸ’”πŸ’”Night TerrorsπŸ’”πŸ’”
😊😊Comfort😊😊
😊😊Naptime😊😊
πŸ’•πŸ˜ˆLazy SexπŸ˜ˆπŸ’•
😈😈Detention😈😈
πŸ’”πŸ’”PTSDπŸ’”πŸ’”
😊😊Ghost/Human Au😊😊
😊😊Baby Keith😊😊
πŸ˜ŠπŸ’”Break UpπŸ’”πŸ˜Š
😊😊Merry Christmas😊😊
😊😊Break Up (Part 2)😊😊
πŸ’•πŸ˜ŠTrappedπŸ˜ŠπŸ’•
✨A/N✨
πŸ˜ˆπŸ’•πŸ˜ŠπŸ’”Mermaid/Human AuπŸ’”πŸ˜ŠπŸ’•πŸ˜ˆ
πŸ’•πŸ’”πŸ˜ŠMermaid/Human Au (Part 2)πŸ˜ŠπŸ’”πŸ’•
πŸ’•πŸ˜ˆπŸ˜ŠπŸ’”Mermaid/Human Au (Part 3)πŸ’”πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜ˆπŸ’•
✨The End✨

πŸ˜ŠπŸ’”Dragon/Prince AuπŸ’”πŸ˜Š

3.4K 52 73
By TooMinty

(A/N: Another Au? Yeah I'm running out of Klance ideas so I'm just doing Au's for now. Uh, I'm gonna switch this up a bit and hopefully it kinda makes sense. If it doesn't...I'm sorry ;-; This is a long one so fasten your seatbelts cause we're in for a bumpy ride!)

Dragon! Keith, Prince! Lance

Lance

Today was one of the most humdrum days of Lance's life. Everything was so boring. You would've thought being a prince in Altea would be exciting, but no, it's just studying, lessons, and looking for a wife for when he becomes king. Fortunately for him, Allura, his older sister, was the next in line to become queen. She strongly declined marrying a male, so King Alford, their father, allowed her to marry a female of her choice. Of course it took a lot of convincing though because of the next generation and things along those lines.

It's not like Lance's bisexual self was any different. He didn't have any desires to marry a female or a male. Simply, he'll enjoy being a single king without a queen. Though his father did tell him that he wants grandchildren. Adoption is a thing, but he was blood grandchildren. Isn't that just grand on Lance's part? He shouldn't even think about it right now since it's no where near his time to be the next king. Hopefully nothing changes.

"Prince Lance,"

Lance looked up from his book and turned his head to the right. There he saw his personal maid peaking her head in. Her long black hair was tied into a bun a little bit of hair was in her face. Her skin was nice and pale. Very clear and beautiful. You can see light freckles dusted on both of her cheeks. And her black and white outfit brought out her Amber eyes. Lance has always been fond of how beautiful his maid's eyes are.

"Yes?" The brunette answered, shutting his book and standing up to face the short female. She stepped inside and dusted off her dress, trying to look a bit more presentable. "The king would like to see you, your highness." The short black haired female bowed.

Lance sighed and walked to her side. "Samantha, I remember telling you to call me Lance. Also, there's no need for the sentimental gestures." The brunette let out a heartily laugh and watched his maid's pale cheeks light up.

"My apologies! I keep forgetting.." She pushed back a strand of hair behind her ear and fiddled with the hem of her dress. "It's quite alright. Where is my father?"

"Throne room," She says, moving to the side to make room for Lance to walk out. "Would you like for me to tag along or no? I could always clean your room."

"You know I love when you tag along. I love hearing the stories you tell me of your childhood. You don't mind walking with me, do you?"

"Not at all!" Samantha exclaimed happily, she enjoys telling Lance about her childhood stories. Her stories are what drawn the two together. If anything, they're very close. Lance likes to think of Samantha as his friend than a maid. They do get along fairly well. Her and Lance walk out of his room and down the wall. While they walked to the throne room Samantha told Lance about the times her and her family went camping. Those days were nice. Lance wished he could experience something along those lines. Maybe he could-no, his father would never let him.

To Lance being a prince is boring. The brunette finds himself wishing that he was born in a normal house with a normal family. Don't get him wrong being a prince is cool at times but your freedom is restricted, and you have to follow rules. Especially the royal rules.

"A-And it was so funny!" Samantha began to laugh lightly. She flicked her Amber eyes to Lance's face and saw he looked deep in his thoughts. Samantha frowned slightly, "Is something wrong? You're normally attentive when I'm telling you stories."

"H-Huh? O..Oh..I'm fine. Sounds nice having freedom like that." Lance said with a sad smile, then he looked to the cream ceiling with chandeliers every six feet. Samantha opened her mouth to reply but she couldn't bring her voice to say something. This was something she couldn't say anything to make him feel better. The pale skinned girl was never good at being sympathetic towards others so she stayed quiet.

"I ruined the mood, didn't I?"

Samantha blinked before waving her hands in front of her, "No, no! I should've said something. I'm sorry."

"It's fine. Sometimes silence was much rather needed. Thank you for walking me here."

"You're welcome your hi-I mean.. Lance." Samantha quickly corrected herself before walking away. Lance shook his head, smiling to himself.

She will make a good wife to whoever chooses her..

The guards opened the door for Lance and loud creaking echoed throughout the big room. The brunette saw his Father and his older sister standing next each other.

"Took you long enough," Allura said, rushing down the steps to her younger brother. Lance huffed, Allura always been babying him. Always critizing everything he does. It gets annoying after awhile. Lance walked inside the throne room and the doors shut. "I was taking my time to get here." Lance responded unenthusiastically, "I'm guessing I was called here because it's about the future of Altea, am I right?" Lance leaned over to the side and he saw his father frowning down upon him.

"That's correct." Allura spoke idly, "Well, kinda.."

"What do you mean kinda?" Lance asked, lifting a brow, now standing next to his older sister. Allura looked to king Alford and he nodded his head. Lance saw that action and his brows furrowed in a confused manner. "What's going on?"

"There has been a change of plans.." Allura said faintly, "I am not going to be the next one in line for the throne. You are.."

How come he knew this would happen? Something about today felt off and this was probably why. Maybe he jinxed himself for overthinking about the situation. Still, this made Lance very upset.

"What?! Why?!"

"Bec-"

"King Alford!"

The doors bursted opened and two very injured knights ran into the throne room. Both of them were both disheveled and were breathing very hard.

"What is it?" King Alford said with a loud tone. One of the guards spoke and said, "Many more of our comrades have died to that dragon. We shouldn't try to attack anymore, if we do we're all going to be killed!"

King Alford stood there shocked, Allura too. A dragon? Lance thought they died out years ago. They still exist? Wait, why are they even trying to kill it? It hasn't brought us any harm.

"That Dragon has caused nothing but trouble! Even Knight Shiro had a struggle?" King Alford says.

"Shiro got injured very badly. His right arm is getting amputated right now." The second guard said.

"Damn it!" King Alford shouted, "No, we are not backing down. Kill that dragon! It has done more than enough damage to my family!"

The guards couldn't even get another word in before Alford sent them away. Lance stared at his father in disbelief. "Father, they just got back from a hard battle! Can't they at least rest?" Lance asked, his anger sipping through the crevices of his skin. King Alford didn't take Lance's outburst fairly well. "We'll continue this conversation tomorrow. Go to your room."

"But Fa-"

"Now!"

Lance flinched at his father's sudden loud tone. That was enough to make Lance sprint out the throne room and all the way back to his room. He can hear his older sister calling out to him but he didn't stop. Everything was so stressful. Everything wasn't going his way. Call him a brat for caring about other people; he won't care. Lance got to his room and slammed his door close.

His father pisses him off so damn much. It's infuriating! Lance doesn't want to live like this anymore. People are making choices for him. Lance walked over to his balcony and stared down at the people below. The brunette frowned sadly at the poor injured guards and soldiers. They have to go back out to fight again after they had just got back. It must be so traumatizing to go back to a nightmare you just escaped from. Lance would never be able to understand what those poor soldiers are going through mentally. Their minds aren't going to heal from this without proper therapy. Lance sighed and looked at the walls surrounding his kingdom.

What are beyond those walls? What is in those woods? Is it as scary as people describe?

Lance had a ton of questions of which no one would ever answer unless the go beyond the walls. The soldiers go in and out of the walls all the time. Could he perhaps go with them? No, they wouldn't allow him because they're going to be worrying about his damn safety and all that. All he wants is get away from the life he's forced to live in. Freedom is the only thing coming him going. Escaping is his goal from now on. Lance closed his eyes feeling content with his decision. Tonight he'll escape and nobody will decide things for him ever again. No more feeling like a toy and a puppet on strings. Lance was going to live the life he wanted to live. Fuck living for others. Today is the day he starts living for himself and nobody else.

"Prince Lance?"

A familiar soft voice rung in his head. Lance turned his head and looked over his shoulder. Samantha was slowly walking towards him. The look of cautiousness is written on her beautiful pale face. "Princess Allura told me to check on you, are you alright?"

Lance nodded and exhaled. "I want to tell you something."

"What is it?"

"I'm planning on escaping tonight.."

"Escaping? Escaping the kingdom?! Prince Lance, you can't! You're going to be-"

"I don't want to be a damn king! I want to be normal and live in a normal house without anything royal about me! I want to have freedom!"

"Lance.." Samantha says softly, placing her hand on the brunette's shoulder. "The fate of Altea rests in your hands. This is a big decision and there will be consequences. I know you desire freedom but you have to stay for the sake of Altea."

Lance couldn't believe what he was hearing. Samantha was always like a little sister he wished he had. The brunette knew she was right. Leaving is a big decision and there will be terrible consequences. "Yeah, I know...you're right. I'm sorry." Lance apologized and gave her a sweet smile.

Samantha returned the smile and retracted her hand. "I want to tell you something too.." She mumbled, her smiling faltering.

"Yeah?"

"I..If you do decide to escape I won't tell a soul. Even if it costs me my life. You have done more than enough for me. If it's alright with you, I'll tag along."

Lance smile was so big he felt like he could burst. Samantha was willing to risk her life just so he could have freedom. She's such a sweet girl. "You are perfect wife material." Lance complimented her truthfully.

Samantha's cheeks lit up like a Christmas tree. "T-Thank you..my boyfriend says the same thing."

"You have a boyfriend?"

"Well, fiancé..he proposed to me yesterday. I didn't wear my ring because I didn't want to lose it. We're getting married in April." Samantha smiled sweetly. Lance was extremely happy for her. At least she has someone to love and care for. Definitely, he will kill her fiancé if he ever breaks her heart.

"I'm escaping tonight. Are you going to tag along?" Lance asked.

"Everyone is going to be looking for you, a-and they're going to ask me questions and-"

"That's why I don't want you to stay here when I leave."

Samantha hummed softly and nodded. "I was thinking of quitting anyways..cleaning doesn't get me paid enough and I want to work in the bakery in town." She spoke with a smile. Lance nodded in understanding. "I wish you the best of luck. Are you going to quit right now?"

"I was going to quit before coming here..Allura told me something was wrong with you and I came to you first instead. I am going to quit right now and when I do I'll be ordered to leave the castle after I gather my things."

"I'm guessing you came to see me before quitting, hm?"

"Yeah.." Samantha said, "Oh, let me write down my address just in case you need somewhere to hide.. Are you sure you want to escape?"

"More than anything."

"Okay, as long as you're sure. Just think about the future of Altea.."

That crossed Lance's mind every now and then but honestly the fate of Altea, his home, wasn't a priority. Though, leaving the kingdom is a big step and the guards are usually more attentive during night hours. So, Lance has to be 100% sure this is actually what he wants. The raging thoughts in his head is giving him bad headaches. Maybe he shouldn't. His leave is temporary. He'll come back. The brunette smiled softly. "I'll only leave for a bit and then come back."

"That's a fantastic idea, but I won't be here if you come back.." Samantha said in a small gentle tone. Her soft voice sounded just like Lance's mother's. Lance knows that. He's really going to miss her. "I know and that's completely fine. You have a different dream and I'll let you live it. You're too beautiful to spend your life cleaning."

Samantha nodded and a smile showed on her freckled cheeks. "I wish you luck. Come back to the kingdom unharmed please."

Lance gave her a nod and watched Samantha leave. Determination filled Lance to the brim. The desire of what's beyond his kingdom's walls made him smile. Excitement piled on top of Lance and the younger felt extremely giddy. Tonight is the night he leaves this forsaken place. Of course he's going to come back. His father would start a damn riot just to have him back in his tight grasp.

I'm ready.

•••

The night couldn't have came by any slower. Lance had got another personal maid an hour ago. Her name was Katie Holt, but she told him to call her Pidge. The brunette already took a liking to her. Before Samantha left, she kept her word and gave Lance her address in case he needed somewhere to hide or spend the night. Lance was wearing his prince outfit, which probably isn't a good idea but it's all he has. The brunette also told Pidge about his plan, she encouraged him to chase after that freedom.

Lance didn't need to be told twice. Pidge left for the night and now it's time for Lance to put his plan into action. Lance kicked off his blankets and quietly got out of bed. Slowly, he tipped toed over to his door and opened it. Lance peaked his head out and looked both ways before stepping out of his room. This was a bad idea, but Lance couldn't bring himself to notice it. His heart was racing at a vigorous pace and he was started to sweat. All he did was sneak out of his room, it's not like he fucking robbed a bank. Lance walked down the right hallway since the garden is that way. Escaping this kingdom wasn't going to be easy especially when he finally gets to the garden.

The garden was dark but you can still see the beautiful pink flowers blossoming. Lance loved this garden. It was like his safe place. Just to hide or get away from all the stress. Lance saw two guards sitting on the floor sleeping soundly at the front entrance. Just his luck. Lance slowly walked over to the entrance, making sure each step he takes is very well coordinated. The brunette heard both of the guards snoring.

They're probably exhausted. Poor guards.

Lance always felt bad for the guards who had to fight that dragon. Lance knelt down and took one of the guards keys. There he unlocked the gate and pushed it opened. The gates made a loud creaking nose that made Lance cringe. The two guards snorted and shifted a bit. Lance let out a breath of relief when he heard them snoring once again. The brunette wanted to put the keys back but how will he get back inside? Lance decided to take the keys with him. Lance slowly closed the gate and ran off. Adrenaline was rushing through his veins. Honestly, he cannot believe he just did this. He actually escaped the kingdom. All he has to do now is follow the path until he gets to town. Nobody should be out in the town square. Lance doesn't know how long he has been running be his legs were aching for a break. Lance came to a stop to collect his breaths.

I think I'm far enough.

Lance leaned on a tree and sweat fell down from his face. Walking would do him good. His feet hurt so bad. Yet, he was no where near civilization. Lance did run the right way, right? What if he ran past the town? There's no way he was running that long. Lance should've bumped into at least a building by now. He's all dirty and sweaty. Maybe this wasn't such a good idea.

Hours went by and still no civilization. The sun was now starting rise. The only thing keeping Lance going right now is pure adrenaline. Without that Lance would've passed out by now. Lance's feet and legs were practically numb and aching from all the walking. The brunette regretted everything up to this point. He could always go back but who knows how long it'll take him to get back to the kingdom. He came this far, what's the point in turning back? His duties as a prince won't be fulfilled if he doesn't go back. There won't be a king to reign. What was the reason that he had to be king? Now he's overthinking. Overthinking never ended well for Lance. Anxiety attacks tend to happen when Lance overthinks.

Lance practically jumped out of his tan skin when he heard a loud booming roar. The brunette began to shake. That roar doesn't sound like a roar he has heard before. Lance slowly walked towards the area where the roar came from and there he saw a large cave. But also he saw the dead bodies of all the soldiers who came to fight the dragon. Lance felt his dinner coming up. This was a disgusting sight. It made Lance's stomach queasy. The stench of rotten flesh was dancing in the air. Lance covered his nose and walked towards the cave, dodging and stepping over the dead bodies on the ground.

The green grass was stained with red blood and flies were now feasting on their rotten bodies. Lance saw a rope that was attached to the top of the cave. The cave was high up. Lance could grabbed the rope and begin to climb. It took a few tries since he's inexperienced but sooner or later he started to get somewhere. Finally he reached the ledge and saw the big dark cave. Lance gulped and walked inside slowly. In the cave he heard growling and screaming.

Some of the guards are still alive?!

Lance ran inside the dark cave until he saw fire lighting up his path. The roars were getting much louder as well as the screams. Lance was shaking in his shoes. What could he do? Why wasn't his body stopping him from moving? The screams and roses were getting closer and closer. After Lance walked in the human size hole. He saw what he hoped he wouldn't see. Dead bodies on the ground surrounded by dancing flames. Around all the bodies was a severely injured dragon. Lance saw the dragon kill the last standing guard and fall down. Lance couldn't take the smell anymore. He hurled over and threw up last night's dinner.

Once Lance was finished he wiped his mouth with his sleeve and looked back at the dragon, who was now growling and staring at him. Before Lance could run away the dragon pounced at him and grabbed him with its hand.

Quiznak!

Lance stared at the dragon in terror. His blue eyes looked into the dragon's purple ones. Was this how he'll go out? No way. He can't die this way. Not before he explored. Lance knew this was a bad idea. Lance eyes flicked down to the wounds the dragon has.

Oh, it's very injured! I..I could help it if it puts me down..

"Wait, wait!" Lance said loudly, the dragon paused and tilted its head slightly. "I-I see that you're injured! L..Let me help you!" The dragon narrowed their purple eyes down at Lance. It seems to be trying to read him to see if he's lying, or that he's trying to see if he's trust worthy.

"I-I can heal you with my magic! Maybe if you just let me...if you could put me down that would be nice. I-I just want to help."

The dragon let out a warning growl before putting Lance down. Lance dusted himself off and stared at the wounds on the dragon. Okay, at least it trusts me..kinda.

Lance walked towards the dragon's stomach and raised his hands to put both of them on the stomach. The dragon growled and moved away a bit. Lance blinked and huffed quietly. "I have to touch you to heal you, dragon. Do you or do you not want to feel better?" Lance placed both of his hands on his hips and lifted a brow at the dragon. The dragon looked hesitant but allowed him to touch him. Lance smiled in content and placed both of his hands on the dragon's stomach. The brunette closed his eyes and felt his healing powers rushing through his veins. Lance healed the injured dragon and backed away when he was finished.

The dragon took at its body and saw he was no longer injured. Lance smiled brightly and got a quick glimpse of the dragon's scales. The scales on the dragon were colored beautifully. A mixture of Violet, dark purple, and black. This is the first dragon Lance has ever seen and this dragon did not disappoint his imagination. He was very very satisfied with how the dragon looked.

I should go while I still can.

Lance turned to leave but a large scaly tail blocked the human size hole. Lance jumped and turned his head around to look at the dragon. "Y-You're still going to eat me after I helped you?!" Lance asked, the feeling of betrayal sitting on his shoulders. The dragon shook its head and pushed Lance towards him with its tail.

What does it want from me?

The dragon closed its eyes and began to glow. Lance watched cautiously as the dragon began to shrink down. Well, this was definitely a sight to see. The glowing got brighter and Lance slided his eyes just so he doesn't get blinded by the light. The brunette put his hand down when the light faded and he wasn't expecting what he saw. A shirtless pale skinned boy. His hair was long and black. His eyes were a grayish purple. Small horns on top of his head and purple and black wings on his back, a thick smaller version of his tail and scales on his shoulders.

"I-I..What?! You're a human?!"

"Why are you being so loud?" The pale skinned male asked, walking towards Lance. "Don't you know it's rude to be loud in a stranger's home?"

"Ah, right. Sorry. Uh, I'm Lance the prince of Altea."

"Your the prince all these guards keep talking about? Well, isn't that just nice."

Lance didn't like the tone the male used but he decided not to say anything about it. "What's your name?" He asked.

"Keith, Keith Kogane, and you Lance have stepped foot into dragon territory." Keith spoke, his tone hinting calmness in it. Lance didn't like the tone at all. Especially if it's coming from a male. "I-I'm sorry! I was going to leave but you-"

"Since you healed me I guess I should let you go, right?" Keith interrupted him, putting his hands behind his back. The raven haired male looked the brunette up and down, taking note of the state he is in. "If you're a prince why are you so dirty looking?"

Well, isn't he just a sweetheart? Lance pushed down the annoyance he felt and answered Keith's question, "I..I ran away from my kingdom. I just wanted a little freedom and then I stumbled upon your cave. I'm sorry."

Keith hummed softly, pushing a strand of hair behind his ear. The pale short male then asked, "Why did you run away?" Lance bit the inside of his mouth and frowned slightly. "I don't think my reason is good enough."

"If you wanted freedom I guess that's a good reason. Was being a prince sucky or something?" Keith folded his arms as he lifted a brow.

"It's just super boring, and a lot of stuff is happening now. I'm going to become king when it's suppose to be my older sister. She wants to marry a female and-"

"That's why you're becoming king." Keith interrupted him again.

"Can you-wait, what do you mean?"

"Your sister wants to marry a female. That's against the royal rules from what my parents told me. Your dad wants you to be king because your straight or something along those lines."

"Actually I'm bisexual." Lance corrected him with a blank look, "And since when was that against the rules?"

"I'm not God I don't know all the damn answers. You leaving your kingdom was a big risk, don't you know that? Without a king everything will end up in flames." Keith said with an eye roll. Lance frowned and scoffed. "I know that! I just..I just wanted to get a little freedom, is that too much to ask?"

"Yes, it is. You now put your whole kingdom in jeopardy. Although, the royal rules probably changed over the years. A thousand and eight hundred years ago those were the rules. Maybe their reason is different." Keith shrugged. Lance kept quiet and let Keith's words sink in. Yeah, he should go back but he wants to stay here for some reason. Only for a little while.

Lance opened his mouth and asked, "Can I stay here for bit to rest? I was wandering around the forest for hours and I just want to rest if you don't mind." Keith looked taken aback at the question but he gave him a short nod as a response before walking away into a tunnel. Lance sat near a wall where there were less bodies. At least he didn't die to the dragon like the soldiers and guards did. He couldn't help but wonder what angered the dragon to begin with. Maybe he could ask him after he rests for a bit. The brunette can't help but wonder what's going on at the castle right now.

•••

Pidge

"Hey dork, your breakfast is here!" Pidge opened Lance's door and saw the bed empty. The short girl blinked and stared confusingly at the messy bed. She then stepped inside the room and checked the bathroom. Lance wasn't in the bathroom nor was in still sleeping in bed.

"Where is he?" She asked to herself, then she remembered what Lance told her. Pidge stood wide eyed in the middle of the room. She had encouraged him to escape the kingdom as a joke she didn't think he was actually going to do it! This is bad. What is she going to tell the king and the princess? There's no way she's going to rat Lance out like that. That could get him grounded for life, but if she tells that everything that they exchanged she would be executed.

This was a dilemma. A bad one. Her life is at risk and so is Lance. She cares about her new friend's safety than her own. Pidge rushed out of the room and down the hall. She opened the doors of the dining room and rushed inside.

"King Alford and Princess Allura, Lance isn't in his room." Pidge said, remembering to bow after talking to them. King Alford cocked a brow. "He isn't in his room? Did you check the bathroom?"

"Yes sir, he isn't anywhere in the bedroom."

"You don't think he ran away again, do you?" Allura asked her father with worried eyes. This wasn't the first time Lance ran away. His memories were altered and that's why he doesn't remember the times he escaped. Just to make sure he doesn't do it again.

King Alford stood and called the guards in the dining room. He told them to check the whole castle to see if Lance is here. His worst fear is now becoming a reality all over again.

•••
(Hours later)
Lance

"Hey, wake up."

Lance squeezed his eyes and waved whoever was trying to wake him up away. "Hey, come on. You gotta go home."

Lance whined and fluttered his eyes open. He flipped onto his back and stared at the cave's ceiling. Next to his right arm he saw Keith staring at him. Lance turned his head and stared at the male who was sitting next to him.

"You've been sleeping all damn day. You told me that you were tired but I didn't think you were that tired." Keith chuckled. That was the most angelic chuckle he has ever heard coming from a male. Lance felt his cheeks heating up. What a cute sound.

"It's late now, uh, it gets cold at night. I don't want you to walk out in the dark and you haven't eaten all day so..do you want something to eat?"

Before Lance could answer his stomach answered for him. They both shared a couple laughs before standing up. Keith told Lance to follow him and he did. They went down the dark tunnel and passed a couple more tunnels. Keith led Lance into a room that was lit up by the moon. "How do you feel about dragon fruit?" Keith asked, opening his wings and flying up the a tree full of dragon fruit.

"Never heard of them." Lance responded, taking a look at the gorgeous area. It was like a paradise inside a cave. There were four healthy big trees of dragon fruit in the center of the room. This cave was scary on the outside but when you step inside you can see how beautiful and neat this place really is. "Are they poisonous?"

"Pft, no." Keith answers, flying back down with four dragon fruits, "They're edible for all to eat. They are very rare to find though so I started my own little farm of them. In the dragon fruits they're a lot of seeds and I planted a few more recently they haven't sprouted yet."

Lance nodded and looked at the weirdly shaped fruits. The color was pink with a little bit of light green. The brunette grabbed one from Keith and stared down at it with the look of confusion. "Do I just bite into it?" Lance asked.

Keith snorted, "No, you cut it open. Follow me." Keith walked out of the room and Lance followed him. They walked down a different tunnel and into a fairly large room that looked like a kitchen. There were knives and silverware and dishes that could be used. Lance saw a table in the corner of the room with chairs.

Does he live alone?

"You know how to cut?"

"U-Uh, no..normally things are done for me."

"Today is the day you learn. Grab that knife and I'll teach you."

Keith taught Lance how to cut the fruit open and gave him a spoon so he could eat. The dragon fruit's taste was very sweet. Lance could eat this all day if he wanted to. The brunette thanked the male and they ate in silence. It wasn't an awkward silence more of a comfortable one where could enjoy each other's company.

"Do you live here on your own?" Lance asked, finishing his dragon fruit. Keith nodded and scooped up another spoonful of dragon fruit.

"Yeah," he answered, "I can't live anywhere near humans so I decided to live there are barely humans. I lived a fairly peaceful life before your people ruined it."

"W-What do you mean?"

"You Alteans took my home away from me. Us dragon shapeshifters and dragons in general were here first, living peaceful lives until Alteans declared war for the land. Both of my parents died during the war and my kind did as well. Some of us went into hiding while the rest of us were killed and our scales were sold for high prices. We didn't do anything wrong. So I'm sorry for killing your people but I feel so much rage looking at them knowing that my kind didn't draw the sword first they did. But then you came around I was going to eat you but then you healed me so I'm now in your favor. Thanks for doing that."

Lance took in all Keith's words. Dragons weren't the enemies, they were. Everything King Alford told everyone was a lie. How the battle started, and how it ended was all a lie. Lance had to make this right, but how? You can't bring back the dead.

"Don't think so much about it Lance. I shouldn't have-"

"I'm heading back tomorrow. I'm going to take the throne and make this right." Lance declared, feeling a new determination settle in his soul. Keith stared at him perplexed. "What do you mean make this right?"

"My father wants to kill you and I can't allow that to happen!"

"How does taking the throne change things?"

"I can change the law and order everyone to stop trying to kill you! This could work!" Lance said.

"Or you'll be grounded for life when you get back. Do you really think that your father would let you rule after you ran away?"

Lance honestly forgot he ran away. Yeah, that is a bit of a bump in his plan. The brunette doesn't know what to do though. A part of him finds himself regretting leaving in the first place but the other half doesn't regret a thing. Lance knows the truth about why Keith was being hostile towards them. He was defending himself from being killed. Lance was going to say something before a mighty war cry echoed through the cave.

"They're back?!" Keith stood up from his chair and ran to the tunnel entrance. He stopped and looked down. "Y-You didn't call them here, did you?"

"What?! No! I have no idea why they're back, but I'm going to try to stop them!" Lance stood up as well and both he and Keith ran down the tunnel and into the main entrance. There they both saw King Alford and a thousand more guards than usual.

Keith didn't waste any time transforming into his dragon form. Lance stood to the side and covered his ears. Keith's mighty roar shook the cave and Lance could tell seeing his father's presence angered him more than seeing all of the Alteans soldiers.

"Lance?!" King Alford called out, "Did this Dragon kidnap you?!"

"What? No! The dra-"

"Take my son out of here, we're ending this dragon-altean war once and for all!" King Alford raised his sword and shouted, "Advance!" The soldiers ran towards Keith with their swords raised high. One of the guards grabbed Lance attempted to pull him away from the fight. But Lance wasn't allowing this. He punched the guard and saw the guard fumble and fall.

"Dad, stop this!" Lance yelled.

"Lance get out of here! You are going to be grounded when you get back too!" King Alford shouted at Lance, walking to his side and helping the guard he punched to the ground up.

"Dad listen to m-"

"No, you listen to me! You are you report back to the kingdom with the guard, do you understand me?!"

That was the final straw. All the anger Lance felt was now coming from out his wall. No longer was he going to listen to what his father said because he is Lance the future King of Altea. No more running from fear. Tonight was the night they ended this. Once and for all.

"STOP IT RIGHT NOW!" Lance yelled, causing the battle to cease. Keith stared at Lance in his dragon form in confusion. The guards froze and king Alford stared at his son in shock.

"Dad, what you told me and everyone was a lie! Dragons aren't our enemies, we are! Keith told me how Alteans took everything away from him and his kind! Dad, this war has been going on for years! What have we accomplished trying to kill Keith?! Nothing! We lost many innocent lives! You are leading soldiers to a painful death!"

"Lance, you have no idea what you're talking about! You're going to believe what some damn dragon would say to you?! How stupid can you be?!"

"I am not STUPID! I am Lance the future King of Altea! I know exactly what I'm talking about! I trust Keith and I can easily tell when someone is lying to me! Do you remember mom's wish before she died?! Of course you don't! She told me and Allura to end this dragon-altean nonsense in a very peaceful way! That was her final wish before she died on her deathbed! I'm ending this battle the way I want to with or without you." Lance finished his speech feeling all the stress crumble down. No longer will he allow other to die because of some old ass war. It's time for a damn change. Lance is going to make that change.

Lance turned his head to the guards. "Do not attack him and he won't attack you. He would never hurt a fly unless they attack first." The guards reluctantly did as they were told and King Alford was furious.

"WHAT ARE YOU IDIOTS DOING?! ATTACK THE DRAGON!" King Alford ordered the guards but none of them moved. The guards saw that Lance was one hundred times more scarier than king Alford. They would rather listen to someone civilized and caring than someone who wants them to sacrifice their lives in a battle that won't end unless someone does something about it.

King Alford clenched his sword and said, "I HAVE TO DO EVERYTHING MYSELF!" The king ran towards Keith with a sword and stabbed him right in the stomach.

"Keith!" Lance cried out and ran towards him. Keith let out a painful roar which shook the cave. King Alford repeatedly stabbed Keith in the stomach and Keith didn't attack back. Lance saw that Keith wasn't attacking for some reason and he can guess why. That's his father. Keith doesn't want to harm someone who means something to him. Lance never felt like he belonged in the family. All his father did was put him down and praise his older sister. Even when he did something right for once his father still criticized him.

Lance then decided that with or without his father he was going to live. His father's death is going to crush him but not as much as seeing someone innocent die before him. Lance then yelled to Keith, stopping in his tracks. "It's okay, Keith! It's self defense! If you accidentally kill my dad I am not going to hate you! Do what you must to defend yourself!" Call him heartless for saying that but he won't care. Lance was tired of feeling like a mistake and a burden. His father never liked seeing him succeed and now it's time for him to say goodbye.

Keith nodded and bent down. King Alford dropped his sword and stared at Keith in fear. "Everyone get out of here! Your lives will be at stake if you stay!" Lance yelled to his guards. Every guard ran out the cave, not needing to be told twice.

Lance watched Keith eat his own father. Lance thought he would've felt regret and started crying. He didn't feel a single thing watching his father die at the hands of a dragon. Once you get knocked down to a certain point by someone you thought loved you it is very hard for you to feel something when something bad happens to them. No remorse or anything. Lance knew Allura was going to be upset but he sure wasn't. Lance watched Keith shrink down back into his human-dragon form and saw him clutching his abdomen. Lance hurried to Keith's side and healed him to the best of his abilities.

"Thank you, Lance..."

"You're welcome." Lance hugged Keith closely and the raven haired dragon hugged back, his tail wagging slightly. Lance saw that and smirked. "You like hugs?" He asked.

"Yeah, I enjoy them very much. I don't get them often though." Keith answered with a shrug. Lance nodded and pulled away from the hug. "Let's go." He said.

Keith lifted a brow. "Go where?"

"To my kingdom. I'm going to be showing and telling my people dragons aren't all bad." Lance stood up and helped Keith stand. Keith didn't get a chance to reply before being pulling out of his cave. There the soldiers stood outside the cave, watching and waiting.

"King Alford is..dead." Lance said, all the guards eyes went wide and they all began to panic.

"Who's going to be the next ruler?!"

"The dragon must've ate him!"

"I left my favorite headband at home!"

"HEY!" Lance said, his tone loud and fierce. The guards went silent and stared at Lance awaiting for him to speak again. Lance smiled in content and said, "I'm going to take over the role as king. I hope you guys will accept me happily."

The guards let out a breath of relief and cheered for joy. Lance grabbed Keith's hand and Keith flew them down. The guards got worried and flinched at the sight of Keith. Lance chuckled and reassured them, "Keith won't attack unless you attack first." The guards relaxed but still watched over Keith cautiously.

"Let's head back to the castle."

•••
(Five months later)

Five months went by like nothing and Lance became king with Keith by his side. Lance ended the forever lasting war against dragons and Alteans. They hosted a funeral for Lance's father and hope he rested in peace. Allura got married to another princess and her name was Romelle. They lived happily together in her kingdom. Lance made more friends than he did when he was prince. Samantha and him caught up on things that happened and she was very happy when he returned and took the king's role.

She even got the job at the bakery she wanted to work at and Lance met his best friend Hunk there. Lance was very very happy with the life he has now. Especially when Keith decided to live with him. Of course Lance allowed him to plant his dragon fruit in the garden and around Altea for all to enjoy. Lance smiled and closed his eyes, finally he could live a peaceful life.

"Ooh, the king of Altea is sleeping on the job? How unprofessional."

Lance opened his eyes, his smile getting wider when he saw Keith flying to his side. "Shut up." Lance said laughing.

Keith smirked and gave Lance a hug. "How's your life now? You like it?" Lance hugged Keith back and took in his loving scent. "Yes, especially since you're in it."

"You're so cheesy." Keith snorted.

"You love it." Lance pulled away, putting his forehead on Keith's "Don't lie and say you don't because you do."

Keith chuckled lightly and stared into Lance's ocean eyes. "Yeah...I do." Lance flicked his eyes to Keith plump soft lips. Without hesitation he placed their lips together. Keith hummed into the kiss and fluttered his eyes closed. Their lips moved in sync and their hands wandered. The kiss was slow and soft. A very gentle but loving kiss. Keith opened his eyes and smiled sheepishly at Lance. "Love you, Lance."

"Love you too, my queen."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Holy crapppppp this was a long one! I hope you guys enjoyed. Instead of splitting this into different parts I decided to put it all in one. Hopefully it wasn't too long for you guys! I might take a small little break cause this was a lot to write. Tell me if there's any typos! Give me advice if you want! Luv ya beauties ❤️🦋

Mwah! 💋

See you next chapter!

Words: 7566

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17K 1.5K 28
[2018 klancemas] I know that technically this is a drawing prompt thing but I love oneshots so I'm going to do my best to write a few for klancemas...
18.8K 390 17
Your average klance story. I got bored so here you go! This is my first story so please ignore the mistakes and enjoy the loooovvveeee! Lance is top...
15K 201 11
It's Klance One Shots idk. This will get interesting.... I'm open to any requests just DM me on here and yeah! I want this to be fun soooo yaaaa!!! A...
1.6K 35 9
this is discontinued as I am no longer a part of the voltron fandom, however I will keep these horrible pieces of writing up for the world and those...