Your Kids Love Me

By damsunjung

Dahyun came in late one morning, seeing her office in a mess, and the culprits? Her assistant-Sana's two sons... More

Chapter One: Puzzle Piece
Chapter Two: Coffee?
Chapter Three: Who's Cute?
Chapter Four: Markers
Chapter Five: Bentley's Love
Chapter Six: Conflict
Chapter Seven: Lollipop
Chapter Eight: Dahyunie
Chapter Nine: Girlfriend?
Chapter Ten: Another Rival?
Chapter Eleven: The Other Half
Chapter Twelve: When?
Chapter Thirteen: I'm Better
Chapter Fourteen: Because I am Your Boss
Chapter Fifteen: Coffee Jelly
Chapter Sixteen: Fruits
Chapter Eighteen: To Cope With Changes
Chapter Nineteen: The Questions in Love
Chapter Twenty: What's Done is Done
Chapter Twenty-One: A Bittersweet Day
Chapter Twenty-Two: Candy Ring
Chapter Twenty-Three: You
Chapter Twenty-Four: Growing Old
Chapter Twenty-Five: Odds and Ends
New AU?

Chapter Seventeen: Dahyun's Family

3.2K 146 250
By damsunjung

Sana is still in shock, eyes wide opened (lemme promote the girls' work) even though seconds had already passed. Dahyun, on the other hand, has her eyes closed, but she did not move to let Sana process everything first.

The pale woman thinks it is a bad idea, and maybe she is going too quickly. It wasn't her plan to surprise Sana like that anyway, but they were in a situation, and something needed to happen.

"This is embarrassing. I should pull out," Dahyun thought.

But not when she felt Sana initiating the movement on their lips. Dahyun smiled in between before she responded. It did not last that long since both are aware of Bentley shouting just a while ago. Foreheads together, eyes speaking all the words they wanted to say as they smiled their sweetest.

"I love you, Sana," Dahyun whispered before giving the woman a last peck and hugging her tight right after. She wasn't expecting an answer anyway.

But when Sana replied, "I love you too." Her heart almost exploded with happiness and contentment, and optimism. "Let's start dating, Dahyun," Sana shyly whispered in her ear.

Dahyun wanted to scream, but as we know her, she's trying to be the coolest person on Earth, so she kept it to herself. She pressed her lips together, hoping it would stop her from smiling, but it fails terribly.

Sana pulled out of the hug to press Dahyun's cheeks together using one hand. The latter raised her eyebrows in question. "I, now, have every right to get jealous, so stop looking at anyone else but me," she said, causing Dahyun to chuckle.

"Yes, ma'am," she answered. "There is no one as beautiful as you, anyway."

Dahyun and Sana are currently helping William place the dominoes on the floor since the kid wants to do the domino effect. That's not possible with Bentley around, though. He keeps on kicking them down.

"Ben!" William frowned before stomping his feet, walking towards a corner to sulk. Dahyun scratched the top of her head, not knowing what to do.

Bentley realized that he was wrong, so he followed William. "Sorry," he sweetly said before pecking on his brother's forehead.

"No! Don't kiss me!" William exclaimed before pushing the younger and wiping the kiss away.

"Oh no," Dahyun whispered when he saw Bentley cross his arms and pout his lips. She thought the kid is going to cry, but

"Okay! I won't kiss you forever!"

"Just let them," Sana said before placing a hand above Dahyun's thigh. "You will hear them laughing together after five minutes or so."

The pale woman smiled, "yeah, you should tell me more about parenting now," she said, squeezing Sana's hand.

Jungkook couldn't take it anymore. Ever since Dahyun got here, all the attention was on her. His kids left him seated on the couch and played with the woman instead. And Sana didn't even bat him an eye. He feels like a ghost watching all of them happy.

He cleared his throat, finally getting a look from Sana. "I'll get going now," he said with a bitter smile.

"Okay," Sana shortly replied.

"Sana," Jungkook called. "Can we talk for a second?" Of course, it intrigued Dahyun. She wonders what's up with him now. "It will be quick."

Sana looked at Dahyun for a while as if she is asking for permission. "Yeah, sure, love. Hurry back," the woman said before she kissed the side of Sana's forehead.

As soon as Jungkook and Sana got out of the door, the man spoke. "So, you are officially dating now."

Sana furrowed her eyebrows, not taking a grasp of why Jungkook would bring it up. It is not like it is his business to mind. "I know I don't have the right to speak anything regarding that."

"Then what are you saying now?"

Jungkook sighed, "that's your choice. If you think she deserves a chance, then go. I'm just worried about the kids. You have work, and now you are in a relationship."

"Are you saying that having to date Dahyun would make me lose focus on the kids?" Sana asked before faking a laugh. "I am not like you, Jungkook. I won't leave them just because I started to love another person."

The man was speechless. He doesn't even know why he felt furious. But not with Sana. He was mad at himself.

"And one more thing," Sana said. "I did not date her because I think she deserves a chance. I said yes because I love her, and we deserve a chance."

Jungkook bobbed his head, wearing a bitter smile. "Godspeed, Sana," he said. "I'll leave now."

Going back inside, Sana saw Dahyun carrying both William and Bentley. "Woah," she uttered.

"They were competing, so I carried both," Dahyun said in a silent voice, not wanting to wake the kids up. "It's okay, though. Just in case you are worried about them being too heavy."

"You are strong," Sana chuckled before nearing the woman and taking Bentley out of her hold. "Thank you for taking care of them, Dahyun."

"That's another way to show you I care for you too," the woman said. She still gets embarrassed whenever she says something sweet, so she cleared her throat. "Uhm, let's take them to their room," Dahyun awkwardly said.

"You make it so obvious that you have never dated anyone before," Sana teased.

The other rolled her eyes, saying, "shouldn't you be happy that you are my first?"

"I am!" Sana replied. And then she realized something, causing her to feel bad. "I'm sorry you weren't my first," she said.

Dahyun hummed, opening the door for Sana to go first. "You think that matters to me?" She asked before going in to tuck William to sleep. When they both have the kids on their bed, Dahyun held Sana by the shoulders to face her. "I don't care about being first, Sana. I'll be your last, and that matters more to me."

A genuine smile formed on the other woman's face. "I can't even question my love for you now," Sana said.

"So, you were questioning it before?" Dahyun puckered her lips.

"Yes! Because—"

"of Mina-unnie," the pale woman continued, wiggling her brows to tease Sana.

"I hate you."

Dahyun chuckled, pinching both sides of Sana's cheeks. "No, you don't," she said.

"Right. I don't," Sana smiled.

They checked on the kids once again before they find their way out of the room. And now, there is nothing left to do but stare at each other.

"What are you doing?" Sana asked when Dahyun just stood in front of her while she sat on the couch.

"We're done with the babies," the pale one said. "Do we get our baby time now?" She asked.

"Baby time?" Sana asked her back.

"Mhmm," Dahyun nodded her head cutely. "Like this," then she suddenly let herself fall towards Sana, who screamed. "Shh! You will wake them!" Dahyun told her off jokingly.

"Dahyun, you are heavy!" Sana said giggling while getting squeezed by the other.

"But you need to baby me too!"

"Who was that?" Nayeon heard the person sitting across her ask. And so she smiled, putting the device down the table before she answered.

"A friend of mine started dating, and we are planning a surprise for them."

"Oh."

Nayeon chuckled, "she is a single mom. It's not that long since she went through a divorce, but my friend had her heart broken a long time ago. Now finally free and in love again," she shared. "I'm so proud of her."

"That's good to hear."

Nayeon is about to say something more, but her phone chimed. Receiving another message from Jihyo, saying, 'are you and your friends busy today?'

She looked at her date with an apologetic smile, "I think we'll have a meeting about the preparation now."

"Actually," the other person said, "a friend texted me too. We have to talk about something as well."

"I see," Nayeon smiled her sweetest. "Let's call it a day?" She asked. "I had a great time, Jeongyeon."

"Me too, Nayeon."

"Mina," Chaeyoung said in a tiny voice before she paused the movie they were watching. She didn't know how to tell the woman about not finishing the movie date since she has to go somewhere, so she ended up just staring.

Mina smiled at her, "yeah, I saw the message," she said. "It's okay. I have something that came up too."

"Oh," Chaeyoung chuckled, "great timing."

"I know," Mina said before intertwining her fingers with the younger. "It's not like we won't be having next time anyway."

"Wow, you are early," Momo said after seeing Nayeon, Tzuyu, Chaeyoung, and Taehyung fighting for the last piece of fries. The man took it quickly to his mouth before mocking the girls.

Tzuyu could only shake her head, "I'll buy another plate and not give you some." Taehyung puckered his lips but acting cute never really works on Tzuyu.

"Well, we are the perfect attendees and early birds back in high school," Nayeon stood up to shake hands with Jihyo and Momo.

"Unnie, you are years older than us," Chaeyoung butted in, only to make the others laugh.

"Anyway, will the surprise have blue and pink balloons? Or cakes?" Taehyung asked excitedly.

Chaeyoung threw a crumpled tissue on his face. "Does this look like a baby gender reveal party to you?" She asked, making Momo cackle loudly.

"God, Momo, chill out," Jihyo uttered. "Sorry about our friends. They are already on their way. Busy people, so," she shrugged.

"It's okay! We don't have much to do anyway," Tzuyu said after coming back with a plate of fries, ignoring how Taehyung looked at her.

"But I was on a date with—"

"Oh, come on, Chaeyoung! This is for Sana," Nayeon said before rolling her eyes.

"There they are!" Momo pointed on their back, and so the friends turned their heads. "Jeongyeon-ah! Minari!" She excitedly said. "Mama Myoui!"

"M-mina?" Chaeyoung had her eyes widened after realizing it was her, and she is with her mom. "You are..."

"Yoo Jeongyeon?" "Im Nayeon..."

Jihyo furrowed her eyebrows in wonder, "wait, you girls know each other already?" She asked, and they nodded their heads.

"Nayeon and I parted ways because we have a meeting—wait, so your friend is Sana? And Dahyun is...wow, what a small world," Jeongyeon said.

"Is she your girlfriend, Jeongyeon? You got a good type," Mrs. Myoui jokingly said, causing the younger woman's cheeks to turn to a shade of red. "I'm Mrs. Myoui. They call me mom."

"Yes, she's everyone's mom," Momo said before walking towards the woman to hug her tightly. "She's the adoptive parent of Dahyun, too, if you didn't know."

Mrs. Myoui laughed, "ah, I remember that kid again. She is all sulky about Sana getting jealous of Mina. I haven't seen the couple together, but I know just how much they look cute."

"Sana-unnie is jealous of Mina?" Chaeyoung mumbled, finally understanding why Sana suddenly gets mad at her that time. "It is indeed a small world then," she whispered.

"Hey, why are you suddenly quiet?" Mrs. Myoui asked Mina, who was just staring at Chaeyoung. "What is it?"

"H-hello, Mrs. Myoui. I am Son Chaeyoung."

"Have we met before?" The older woman asked before taking the hand offered.

"I don't think so," the other chuckled nervously.

"I can smell some family drama," Taehyung whispered to Tzuyu, sneakily trying to get fries, but his hand got slapped. "Aw!"

Mrs. Myoui stared at Chaeyoung a little longer before she said, "I know!" Everyone was looking at her, "she was the one on your computer's wallpaper. You didn't tell me your girlfriend would be here," She told her daughter. "Nice to finally meet you, Chaeyoung. I told Mina a lot of times to bring you home so I could meet you, but she always refused. This kid is always shy. I don't even know where she got that from," Mrs. Myoui chuckled.

"They're here. They're here!" Momo excitedly said before getting out from peeking outside and hiding under the counter.

On the stairs, Chaeyoung and Taehyung held the party poppers while Tzuyu and Nayeon are holding the congratulatory cake for MFInternational. Jihyo and Mrs. Myoui were the ones who baked and cooked for tonight. Mina and Momo were the ones assigned for the decorations.

And in the count of three, as soon as the family walked in and the lights automatically turned on, "Surprise!" Everyone yelled while Chaeyoung popped what she is holding.

"Taehyung!" She told the man since he forgot and just jumped happily.

"Oh!" He exclaimed before giggling and popping it late. "It's a gay!" He screamed.

"WHAT?" Everyone asked.

"Because the colors are rainbow." He answered.

"What's going on?" Dahyun asked, looking surprised and happy at the same time. She just didn't expect to get all this love and support from her friends and Sana's friends as well.

She never felt like having a family before, and now she has everything.

Dahyun realized that family is not about blood. It's about who is willing to hold your hand in times you need it most.

"There's a cake!" Bentley jumped happily while holding her hand, and the same did William, who held the other. Just by looking at them, she knew it was real love by heart.

"Are you going to cry?" Sana whispered in her ear. Giggling, she pinched Dahyun's cheeks. "See? There are a lot of people who love you." She said, "but I love you most."

A perfect night.

"Oh, wait, I'm just going to take this call," Sana said, causing Dahyun to nod her head. "What's happening?" She mumbled, and her girlfriend heard the worry in her voice.

"Who is it?"

"I'll be outside," Sana uttered before leaving without an answer.

"Who wants cake?" Taehyung asked just to get the kids' attention. The good thing was the others did not really notice the tension going on around. The party went on, but Dahyun was worried.

She isn't wrong to worry.

Sana stood outside, holding her sobs in, and Dahyun was there. Slowly she walked towards the woman, wrapping her arms around and whispering, "I'm here. I love you most, too."

"Dahyun," Sana struggled to say, "my dad..."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.3K 1.1K 22
The world is a dark place. Filled with mystery, secrets and maybe a spark of happiness and hope. However, the darkness can still be overcomed when li...
124K 4.1K 26
[COMPLETED] Dont read this if you didnt read im her manager first Sana x Female reader
43.4K 1.9K 33
This story is about Park Jihyo as student president at JYP UNIVERSITY A smart, straight A student, kind, a good leader. Everyone envy her, a full pac...
8.3K 158 18
Random oneshots. Warning! Grammatical errors ahead. Will update according to my mood. Doesn't accept requests. Other idols will also appear in this b...