Transmigration: Face slap th...

By Chil_lexx

What do you do when you find out your Aunt is your father's mistress? Your lovely sweet cousin is actually yo... More

Author's note
Prologue
Arc 1
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.2
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.3
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.4
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.5
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.6
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.7
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.8
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.9
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.10
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.11
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.12
My Overbearing Ceo- 1.13
Arc 2
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.2
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.3
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.4
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.5
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.6
The Crown Prince's Concubine- 2.7
The Crown Prince's Concubine - 2.8
The Crown Prince's Concubine- 2.9
The Crown Prince's Concubine- 2.10
Arc 3
Coffee to go - 3.2
Coffee to go - 3.3
Coffee to go - 3.4
Coffee to go- 3.5
Coffee to go- 3.6
Coffee to go- 3.7
Coffee to go- 3.8
Coffee to go- 3.9
Coffee to go- 3.10
Coffee to go- 3.11
Coffee to go- 3.12
Coffee to go- 3.13
Coffee to go- 3.14
Coffee to go- 3.15
Coffee to go- 3.16
Coffee to go- 3.17
Coffee to go- 3.18
Coffee to go- 3.19
Coffee to go- 3.20
Coffee to go- 3.21
Arc 4
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.2
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.3
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.4
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.5
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.6
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.7
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.8
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.9
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.10
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4. 11
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.12
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.13
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.14
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.15
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.16
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.17
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.18
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.19
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.20
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.21
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.22
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.23
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.24
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.25
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.26
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.27
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4. 28
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.29
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.30
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.32
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.33
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.34
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.35
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.36
Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.37
Arc 5
Z'Nation; A Tale of Rotton Flesh- 5.2
Z'Nation; A Tale of Rotten Flesh- 5.3
Dun Dun Dun

Tang, The Cat Detective- 4.31

351 21 0
By Chil_lexx

"Quickly I won't bite-" Mama Zhang ushers them in discarding her wool coat and scarf on a nearby rack, and gets busy in the kitchen, "It's best you lads freshen up too," she turns back to the group.

They nodded. Zhou Tong eyes search the room, he felt a slight jolt to his arm, "What're you looking for?-" Deng Wu asks curiously.

"I'll go see Ning Ning," Cheng Bi Yu went ahead Zhou Tong directs his attention to Mama Zhang, "Mama Zhang is there by any chance Tang Mu Lan is around here? I have something important to discuss with her,"

Mama Zhang stops her chopping turning to the young court officer her thick eyebrows arched,"What are you saying silly? She has just left the room-" Zhou Tong stared at her puzzled.

Mama Zhang sets aside her knife, "Let me elaborate Ying Jie and Mu Lan are the same you can't see one without the other because they are resided in the same body; one soul, one body. Do you get it now young man-" she turned proceeding her action of chopping.

Momentarily Cheng Bi Yu appears from around the corner,"Come let me show you to the baths-" she directed her speech to the two men.

"Absolutely-" Deng Wu rushed past Zhou Tong bouncing him in the process. Deng Wu turns back eyeing the bewildered Zhou Tong he approached halting right before him he snaps his fingers, "What're you doing here standing all dazed? It's time we bath-" Deng Wu grabs his arm dragging the unresponsive Officer Zhou along.

"Nice to see you lads all freshened up-" Mama Zhang said as they strolled in they both sat down beside each other one with a obvious puzzled look the other held a more cool demeanor.

Cheng Bi Yu waltz in attired in a loose pink robe her hair wild flowing down to her waist with Ning Ning tagging along beside her.

The youthful teenager movements however stilled when she saw the two strange men instinctively she clutched Cheng Bi Yu's robe then quickly hid behind her like a prey hiding from a predator she peeks her head out from behind, "Tang Tang, who are these men?-"

Cheng Bi Yu gently pats the teen's head, "..No need to be shy my little Ning Ning," she informed glancing over to the two, "I work with them," she then introduced the duo once more, "The handsome looking fellow to the right is Officer Zhou but feel free to call him Mister Zhou," Zhou Tong responds with a warm smile.

"And that mediocre clown to my left is Deng Wu just address him as Deng Wu and nothing else," Deng Wu slouched back pouting nonetheless the teenager gave a faint smile.

Ning Ning accordingly curtseys, "Nice to meet you good sirs-"

Mama Zhang approached the group, "A lady should never wear her hair unkept even in the comforts of her ancestral domain," she smoothly uses a carved wooden hairpin to pin securely Cheng Bi Yu's long locks.

Mama Zhang lowered her arms, "Hurry and assist me in the kitchen I'm almost through-" she rubbed her hands in her apron. Ning Ning slowly dressed back making her escape noticing the sneaky retreat Mama Zhang grabs the teen,"You too you little rascal!" She strongly pinched Ning Ning's cheeks, "Don't think you'll escape this time-" Ning Ning wrestles from her grasp the teenager pouts rubbing her aching cheeks, "Alright-"
She reluctantly trailed behind Mama Zhang.

They all sat down for a meal. Zhou Tong still somewhat bewildered kept his sights on Cheng Bi Yu while everyone else especially Deng Wu was too invested in eating to notice
his surroundings.

Cheng Bi Yu uncomfortably shifts having enough of his blatant stares she momentarily crossed her legs then loudly clears her throat as their eyes met, "If you have something to say you should speak it clearly. How long will you stare?-"

Zhou Tong blabbers, "So Mu Lan and Ying Jie -Ying Jie and you are the same person? You are actually a woman and not a man?-"

Ning Ning cheeks puffed, "What nonsense my Tang Tang is so pretty how could she be a man?-" the teenager exclaimed a tad angered.

Cheng Bi Yu leans she exclaims, "
It's good that it's out there, really. I don't think I could keep it that long especially with this blabbermouth around-" everyone directs their gaze to the unsuspecting Deng Wu.

Feeling everyone's gaze he lowers his chopsticks, "What?-" he asks shifting im his seat, Zhou Tong questions "You knew?!-"

Deng Wu cocks his brow, "..Only an idiot wouldn't notice-" he leaned in closer, "What? Do you seriously think I was flirting with her this entire time because I thought she was a man?-" he leans further back he folds his arm directing his gaze to Cheng Bi Yu, ".. Though If that was the case I wouldn't mind one bit-" he seductively licks his lips.

"Shoo pea brain-" Cheng Bi Yu tossed her handkerchief at him Deng Wu dodges catching the silk cloth he brought the handkerchief to his nose inhaling the fragrance, "Lavender. I'll cherish this-" he sends a flirty wink her way.

Cheng Bi Yu huffs turning away, "Does Magistrate Zheng know about this?-" Zhou Tong inquiries she focused on the court officer. "No-" she professed, "..And I'd like to keep it that way. I trust you'll keep my secret safe-" Zhou Tong nods recollecting his thoughts the girl he secretly grew fond of was actually by his side this all along.

Mama Zhang churned setting aside her chopsticks, "..Now that I think about it where's Mei-Liang? Why hadn't she accompany you, doesn't she miss this old lady?-" she saddened a bit.

Cheng Bi Yu rebuffed, "..Mei-Liang would have certainly came there's no
denying how much she also misses
Mama Zhang and her amazing cooking-" she pressed, "..But unfortunately matters intervened she had no choice but to stay behind. Next time she'll surely visit I apologize on her behalf-"

"No need I'm not bitter-" Mama Zhang exclaims fruity her expression turned playful, "..Since supper is over we should discuss business-" hearing Cheng Bi Yu's serious tone Mama Zhang proceeds to usher Ning Ning off, "Can't I stay longer?-" the fruity round face teenager whines tightly grasping the chair head.

Mama Zhang exclaimed, "...Matters between adults doesn't concern children. You better hurry off to bed," Ning Ning stubbornly insistent didn't budge instead she pitifully glanced at Cheng Bi Yu who assured, "Ning Ning hurry along I'll be with you soon,"

Hearing this Ning Ning stops resisting instead she loosened her grip and runs along her final words being, "..Come quickly I won't tolerate you taking too long Tang Tang-"

Cheng Bi Yu cleared her throat, "..Let's get down to business, shall we?-" Cheng Bi Yu proceeds with the details, "..The reason for my sudden visit is
that I need you to hide someone for me-" she explains reading Mama Zhang's frazzled expression, "..It'll just be for sometime until everything get sorted out," Mama Zhang rightly interjects, "Are you in some kind of trouble child?-"

Cheng Bi Yu shook her head, "..I can't
get much into details or tell how long it'll be but I need you to hide this man. Can you do that?-" she leaned.

There was a long pause before Mama Zhang's lips parted, "I'll do it! I'll do anything for you Tang Tang as for hiding him," she gazes at Deng Wu, "As for hiding him it won't be too difficult. I could use a extra set of hands around here,"

"How long will you be staying?-" Mama Zhang asks selfishly wanting to spend more time with her. Cheng Bi Yu responds, "Just for tonight. Zhou Tong and I have to return to the capital immediately tomorrow to report back to the Magistrate,"

Mama Zhang slumps back, "Oh it's just been long since you were last here I thought you'd stay for two days at least but alas I can just hope-" she exhales, "It's better you be off to bed then as you'll need to wake early. I'll clean up then be off," she stood.

By the time Cheng Bi Yu got to her quarters Ning Ning was fast asleep sprawled off on the bed her cheeks puffed. She approached the bed her lips tugged she gently pushed the sleeping teenager over making space for herself she slipped under the covers going to sleep.

Zhou Tong and Deng Wu bunked together like last time Deng Wu prompts his head rested in his palm observing the absent-minded Zhou Tong whose dilated pupils were glued to the ceiling,

Deng Wu exhaled, "..You've been like this ever since we've got here. It's best you don't dwell on matters and make it complicated. Rest up tough guy-" he turns shutting his eyes.

"..Try not to miss me too much-" Deng Wu teases as Cheng Bi Yu hurled her things into the carriage she turns, "..Trust me I won't miss your stupid face one bit-"

Deng Wu bats his eyelashes turning to Zhou Tong, "What about you tough guy?-" Zhou Tong remind silent. Ning Ning happily sprints over,"You might not miss him but Tang Tang will certainly miss me, right?-"

"Of course how could I not miss you. I'll be thinking of your chubby cheeks the whole ride back-" Cheng Bi Yu bloomed playfully pinching the round face teenagers cheeks causing her to embarrassingly blush.

"..Well we'll be off-" Cheng Bi Yu boards the carriage, "Wait!-" Mama Zhang rushed over holding up a woven basket she outstretched her hands, "All your favorites," Cheng Bi Yu receives the basket of pastries with glee, "Thank you Mama Zhang I'll certainly eat them all,"

"Bye everyone-" They waved departing . The ride back was awkwardly silent Cheng Bi Yu would occasionally make small talk but was never once met with a response from the other party.

Reaching back Cheng Bi Yu hops from the carriage, "..Back at last-" she churned looking around the two immediately marched ahead to Zheng Yong's courtyard to inform him at the entrance however they were greeted by an unfamiliar face, "Advisor Tang, Officer Zhou it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance," Cheng Bi Yu raised her brow puzzled, "Who are you?-" she questions.

Realizing his mistakes the attractive male rushed an apology, "..My sincerest apology to Advisor Tang. I'm Gong Li, Jiang Court's new Advisor,"

"..What in the what now?!-" Zhou Tong was just stunned whilst Cheng Bi Yu was utterly stupefied at the revelation. Momentarily Zheng Yong walks over, "..You're back I see-" he eyed the two, "..Gong Li I trust you welcomed your superiors well?-"

Gong Li stirred, "..With my utmost best," Zheng Yong gaze sharpened, "..You're dismissed I'd like to speak to these to privately if you don't mind-"

Gong Li clasps his hands "Not at all I'll be on standby if Magistrate Zheng so needs anything-" Gong Li exits his tail high in the air.

"What is the meaning of this? What's that man doing here? New Advisor? How could you get a new Advisor in the span of a night?!" Zhou Tong bombarded him with questions.

"..Calm down will you. I'll explain-"
and so he went on, "..That old geezer will stop at nothing to get what he wants, this time he wanted to put his spy up close. It's all apart of his plan I've been refusing him on this for days now but this I couldn't refuse time he got His Majesty involved-"

"Hence that's why I had to let this fox into our den. There's no need for any interactions but if there are play nice for now," Zheng Yong sat down his
fan in hand, "..As for more pressing matters has the 'situation' been taken care of?-" Gong Li sneakily hid behind the wall eavesdropping.

Cheng Bi Yu responds, "Everything went according to plan the 'asset' is 'A' okay-" she inserted the hand gesture.

"If there's nothing else Magistrate Zheng I'll excuse myself my swords need sharpening," Zhou Tong abruptly exits Cheng Bi Yu concerned ran after him she grabbed his arm with her free hand she grits her teeth,
"What's your problem? You haven't said a word or spared a glance at me since the ride back!-" huffing he flung off her hand.

Hearing her Miss Mei-Liang excitedly goes to meet her but paused taking in the scene but she wasn't the only one Zheng Yong and Gong Li also watched secretly watched.

Cheng Bi Yu grabs onto his arm tighter tugging it hard he glares down at her, "Spit it out already!-" Cheng Bi Yu barked disturbed by his attitude.

"I like you!-" Zhou Tong shouts his confession.

"..What in the what now!-" Cheng Bi Yu displayed a surprise pikachu face she released his arm stepping back.

"I like you okay! I've liked you even before I found out the truth," Cheng Bi Yu intervenes, "Zhou Tong listen to me-" Zhou Tong placed his index finger on her lips sealing them interrupting her train of words, "Shush! Let me finish,"

Zhou Tong exhaled, "-I thought I was crazy having feelings towards a man then when I found out you're a woman my heart bursted, my brain couldn't comprehend anything all this time the person I liked was right in front of me, was close to me," he paused, "..As of now I'm not asking you to feel the same but maybe you could open your heart for me even just a little I'd be delighted," he removed his finger.

"I don't know what to say," insert windows crash mode Cheng Bi Yu was completely appalled.

Zhou Tong exclaims, "I need some time to sort out my feelings that's way I'll be keeping my distance from now on until then take care of yourself," Zhou Tong walks off leaving Cheng Bi Yu boggled on spot.

Cheng Bi Yu squints a couple of times before gathering herself turning she's accosted with disapproving gaze from the infuriated Mei-Liang. Cheng Bi Yu yells, "Mei-Liang wait!-" Mei-Liang stormed off angry tears rushing down her cheek, "Mei-Liang listen-" she huffed resting her hands on her hips.

How could Cheng Bi Yu forget Mei-Liang was crushing hard on this one and he, had just confessed his feelings to another woman.

While Cheng Bi Yu diligently hovered Mei-Liang, Zheng Yong had also furiously stormed off madly angered he ruthlessly slammed the doors behind him.

Snatching the veil from his draw he squeezed it close to his chest jealousy like vines pricked his heart while anger surged through his entire being. Jealous that he didn't confess first and angry that he was lied to.

Gong Li wished he had some popcorn while watching such a tremendous show, "The cats out of the bag it seems!-" he amusingly laughs, "..The actors may have left the stage but the show has just begun,"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.9K 4.2K 67
Stories of how to survive as an evil duke's daughter are nothing new. But then fate just had to, really had to, put Lizzie at the center of such repe...
36.8K 1K 20
Reincarnating, dying, repeat. My life revolves around those three. This has been going on for so long that my memory of my first life already became...
6.2K 752 54
Having no time for debutante ball after her coming-of-age ceremony, Lucelia left the barony to become the court lady. Ended up as a housekeeping maid...
387K 8.1K 26
" Leave me Tristen " I yelled in pain as he kept his hold tight on my arm. His face was inch away from mine " You are mine . I won't leave you not to...