Age Of Huntsman: The Hunter's...

By devoncruz23

Lexington Hunter, a cynical young man part of a Aeltonier mercenary band will have his world turned upside do... More

1: Awakening
2: Confrontation
3: Dreaded Maiden
4: Odd Day
5: Way Of The Flames
6: Hunters
7: Dance Of Wolves
8: Shapeshifter
9: Bloody History
10: Phoenix King
12: Blooming Friendships
13: Robin's Song
14: Family Matters
15: Wolf Prince
16: Cruelty
17: Brother and Sister
18: Magic
19: Learning Pains
20: Odd Mistakes
21: Blood of Lightning
22: Death's Omen
23: Legacy
map Rework
24: Knowledge
25: Plans
26: Bygones
27: Crowe
28: Survival Training
29: Shit hitting the fan
30: Nightmares
31: Reaper's Harvest
32: Doubts
33: Releasing Stress
34: Framing
35: The Three Lies
36: Athorazen
37: Battle of Griffin Island
38: Phoenix Queen
39: Wolf King
40: The Hunter's Call

11: Academy

88 10 10
By devoncruz23

1078 AP (After Phoenix)
GRFFIN SEA
CRIMSON SUN 3RD

Lexington is overlooking the edge of the ship as they been at sea for a couple days. Lexington wipes his forehead of sweat as the heat is ridiculous when Aiden is next to him.

Aiden: "you alright?" As Lexington responds he'll be fine and asks how he is dealing with this so well. "I'm a pyromancer remember? I can resist heat pretty well." He says as Lexington places his head on the edge of the ship sighing.

Lexington: "just a curious question but say you do become a huntsman... What are you gonna do? Punch monsters to death?" As Aiden chuckles to himself but shakes his head.

Aiden: "I don't know if I'll use a weapon, I'm not exactly familiar with using such things, you saw what my flames are capable of."

Lexington: "yeah that Werewolf probably would've been toast if not for the full moon but still, you should at least have an actual weapon." He says with honesty as Aiden sees his point when they notice Sigurd exit his quarters having trouble walking around. "Too much to drink little chicken?" He asks as Sigurd growls in annoyance.

Sigurd: "hilarious Aeltonian, but I'm just drinking to forget." He says leaning against the edge ready to vomit if needed.

Lexington: "and what is it you're trying to forget?" He asks earning a glare from Sigurd but he vomits shortly after. "Let it out buddy you'll be fine." He says jokingly as he catches Elyria purposely avoiding Lyra like she's the plague. "It normal for girls to avoid each other?" He asks as both Sigurd and Aiden look at him.

Aiden: "uh Lex one's an elf and the other's a princess from a family that... Enslaved elves for time, it makes sense to me for why one would avoid the other."

Sigurd: "Lyra even with her tough exterior desires having friends... Especially those of the opposite race." As Lexington acknowledges this seeing Alec them. "Please tell me we're close, don't know how much more my stomach can take." He complains as Alec scoffs to himself.

Alec: "I'd say within the next hour or so." As Lexington nods but is clearly on edge. "Lex, everything is gonna fine." He says with reassurance but Lexington can't help but overthink it when he hears a low growl in the water.

Lexington: "that wasn't just me right?" He asks with concern as the others nod as the ship suddenly stops causing them to fall.

Alec: "everyone stay calm, everything's fine." As he gets up approaching the side. "Grállagaia! It's me." He says as the head of a greenish blue serpent slowly raises from the sea and opens it's eyes as they're a bluish grey. "Hey buddy." He says as Grállagaia growls lowly but in a way as if it's speaking. "It's okay they're just recruits me and Roxy picked up." He says as Grállagaia looks at Lexington and begins bellowing lowly.

Lexington: "what did I do!?" He asks freaking out as Alec looks over.

Alec: "he says your blood smells familiar, makes sense... Grállagaia is the Guardian Serpent of Griffin Island... He's been doing this for the last 534 years."

Lyra: "you have Sea Serpent guarding your academy?" She asks in amazement and curiosity.

Alec: "it's a mutual agreement, Grállagaia protects the academy and we allow him to swim as he pleases." As Grállagaia moves his head towards Lexington who's almost pissing himself. "It's okay Lex, he's friendly." He says as Lexington reluctantly puts his hand out placing it against Grállagaia's snout who puffs out his nose.

Lexington: "by Phoenix Hell..." He says quietly as Grállagaia moves his head back and growls lowly and dives into the sea. "Well... Anyone got a fresh pair of trousers?" He asks earning a slight chuckle from Elyria but Sigurd vomits again.

Lyra: "you're really vomiting in the territory of a sea Serpent?" She asks with a hand on her hip as Sigurd sees her point as the ship keeps going forward till it reaches the port.

Alec: "say hello to Griffin Island, where the Griffins used to live... Unfortunately they're extinct at least I think they are." As they take their first steps on the island as Lexington sees the academy and sighs quietly.

Lexi: "there you are." As Lexington turns his head seem Lexi as he goes to say something but she walks past him giving Alec a hug.

Alec: "hey you, how your parents doing?" He asks as Lexington is surprised but at the same time isn't as Alec said he would've been his godfather.

Lexi: "oh you know mother is lovely and dad's a typical hardass so nothing new there... You and Roxy got a lot of recruits and..." She says noticing Lexington. "The guy who's somehow related to me." She says as Lexington is silent not sure what to say.

Alec: "Lexi you wouldn't mind leading these guys where they can wait? I gotta talk to the big guy." As Lexi nods saying she's happy to do this while Alec and Roxanne make to their way to the academy to meet with the headmaster.

Roxanne: "so demons are topside, why though?" She asks as they keep walking up the stairs.

Alec: "I've been wondering that myself for the past month, the Demon King and I had an agreement... What changed?" As he can't help but feel confused.

Roxanne: "maybe it's not his doing? Demons aren't exactly the type to take orders."

Alec: "true but what Demon would be dumb enough to try?" As Roxanne shrugs not sure when they arrive at the headmaster's office but Alec feels cold steel touching his neck. "Simon." He says with a smile as Simon smirks as they hug it out.

Simon: "quite the journey you've had no? Reunited with your girlfriend as well." He teases as Roxanne looks ready to deck him.

Cedric: "Simon don't make her mad, the last time that happened, neither of us could walk for a week normal." As Alec looks over seeing Cedric who's of darker skin tone with short black hair and hazel eyes.

Alec: "good to see you too you fuckin mountain of a man." As he playfully hits Cedric in the chest but their attention is drawn by the headmaster.

Headmaster: "Alec when I got your letter... I was hoping this would be an isolated incident but we've gotten reports all across Aelton and some areas of Newcastle, this Demon threat is real but we have no way to know how or why this is happening." As Alec nods but notices someone's missing.

Alec: "where the hell's Crowe?" As Simon leans against a wall while looking out a outside.

Simon: "drunk bastard last I knew was in Northern Newcastle looking into the first Gargoyle or some shit, he won't be here for weeks I imagine but I saw that you and Roxy got a lot of recruits... Good job."

Headmaster: "though the Phoenix King isn't exactly happy that his heir is at the academy." As Alec scoffs while pacing.

Cedric: "you could give him a hundred good looking whores and he still wouldn't be happy, in fact he'd probably burn them alive." As Alec looks over annoyed. "What?" He asks confused.

Alec: "don't make that joke around Lexington, it hits a little too close to home for him." As Simon looks over hearing that name. "Simon... One of the recruits is Lexington Hunter, your son." He says as Simon looks while rubbing his face.

Simon: "so I guess that explains why Lexi had a kindred vision... He was alive this entire time... Damn it!" He says punching a hole in the wall next to him.

Headmaster: "Simon... Control yourself." As Simon sighs heavily but does so. "for the meantime we'll focus on training these recruits... I'll send a message to Crowe and see what he can find on these demons."

Roxanne: "you sure he's up for it? Crowe is easily bested by a waitress wearing a short skirt." She says with honesty as the headmaster stands up.

Headmaster: "Crowe may be a drunk and a reeking one at that but he's still one of the best huntsman there is despite his young age." He says walking with the support of a cane. "Gather the recruits, time I officially introduced them." He says as they all nod. Lexington is standing against a pillar as Lexi is standing across from him.

Lexi: "you wanna say something?" She asks bluntly as Lexington nods but doesn't know how to without being blunt.

Lexington: "did your parents ever tell you about the first time they had a kid?" As Lexi nods wondering what he's getting at. "I'm your older brother Lexington." He says as Lexi scoffs lightly but sees that he's being serious.

Lexi: "how... Are you alive?" She asks hushing her voice as Lexington shrugs saying he doesn't know. "I... I gotta go." She says leaving as Lexington closes his eyes while sighing.

Elyria: "she'll come around." She reassures as Lexington hopes that's the case when he notices someone about to grab Elyria's ear when Lexington tightly grasps the wrists.

Lexington: "don't touch her." He growls as the man glares at him.

Man: "what she your slave or something?" As Lexington turns him and headbutts him right on the nose.

Lexington: "it's anything but that." As their attention is drawn by the headmaster.

Headmaster: "I'll... Keep this brief, some of you are here because you want to be here, or you're criminals and this is your punishment, or you were conscripted by one of our hunters." He says looking at the recruits before. "No matter how or why you're here, you all have a responsibility to protect humanity, and elves from creatures that would harm them."

Man: "you wanna know why I'm here?" He whispers to Lex who says he doesn't care. "it's quite simple really, came across a she-elf and she was a sweet little thing, very adorable but I got a little carried away." He says as Lexington ignores him. "So I suggest you watch your knife ear at all times... Name's Zeke by the way." He says as Lexington acknowledges and punches him in the balls.

Lexington: "don't hurt yourself." He says jokingly and continues listening to the headmaster.

Headmaster: "over the course of your first year here we'll be figuring out what your strengths and weaknesses are and hopefully improve you, you'll first learn or improve your skills in fighting with weaponry, then you'll learn to master certain magics of your choice, make your own personal bestiary and learn to survive by yourself for a certain amount of time." As he goes saying a group will be assigned to a huntsman or huntress and that'll be their mentor for their time here.

Alec: "for now you'll be checked by our healers to make sure you're ready to go for training." He says dismissing them.

Lexington: "you gonna be okay El?" As Elyria looks over nodding.

Elyria: "I'll be fine, I at least got friends like you and Aiden to look out for me... Thanks for... you know." As Lexington nods while ruffling her dark red hair.

Lexington: "always." He with a smile as Elyria smiles back as Alec approaches.

Alec: "Lex I think it's time for you to meet your parents." As Lexington nods and follows him.

Lexington: "I already told Lexi... She didn't take it well." As Alec nods acknowledging this.

Alec: "she'll come around, Lexi's a good girl and damn fine huntress." As Lexington nods and takes a couple deep breaths when they arrive at a room. "Hello Mary." He says as he's greeted with a hug from Mary.

Mary: "hey Al, by the gods you got old." She teases as Alec chuckles softly. "This one of your recruits?" She asks looking at Lexington.

Alec: "yeah... Go on introduce yourself." He encourages Lex who's looks at his mother.

Lexington: "uh... My name's Lexington." As Mary says that's a pretty name. "But uh... I had this since I was a baby and it's the only thing I have of my parents." He says handing Mary the red cloth.

Mary: "this is... You'd only find this kind of cloth in a church unless..." She says looking at Lexington realizing who he is. "You're my son... Lex?" She asks touching his face.

Lexington: "I don't know how I'm alive but I swear to you had I known I would've-" but he's cut off by Mary hugging him tightly to his surprise.

Mary: "it's okay Lex... You couldn't of known, you got soo big." She says with her voice breaking as Lexington returns the hug while Mary comforts him touching his cheeks.

Lexington: "I saw... I saw what happened shortly after I was born, I'm sorry you had to experience that." He says as Mary strokes his blonde hair.

Mary: "it's okay my little Lex... I'm just happy you're alive." She says comforting him as Alec smiles seeing this when Simon enters freezing. "Simon..." She says as Lexington turns looking his father in the eyes.

Simon: "wow... You really took after me." He says approaching Lexington as he goes to touch his face but stops himself. "I can't imagine you've had it easy." He states as Lexington nods answering his question and proceeds to explain as both his parents are stunned by what they're hearing. "So you were part of a mercenary band till recently?" Simon asks.

Lexington: "yeah... Alec saved me from a few demons and recruited me." As his mother takes note of the scar on his arm. "um that was from me using my lightning." He says as Simon looks over the scar.

Simon: "you definitely got my lightning." He says showing Lexington he has a similar scar. "How he is Mary?"

Mary: "well I'm confident in saying that our son is in great physical condition." She says ruffling his hair when Lexi enters. "Lexi... Say hello your brother." She says as Lexi looks at Lexington unsure.

Lexi: "I... I'm glad that I'm not an only child but... This is gonna take me a bit to get used to." As Lexington nods understanding as Lexi sits across from him.

Lexington: "so why Lexi? The name I mean."

Simon: "we felt it was a good way to remember you, Lexi and Lexington... Like that's not gonna get confusing." He admits while sitting next to Lexi.

Lexington: "um... So over the past month I've been trying to get a grasp on this lightning I have but most times I couldn't even get a spark... Only time that happened was when I was highly emotional." He says as Simon adjusts himself.

Simon: "lightning is... Very complicated to use, took me and Lexi a long time to get the hang of it and I promise I'll do my best help you but focus on the weapon training for now alright?" He asks as Lexington nods and leaves with Lexi.

Alec: "your boy has been through a lot but... He's got a good heart." As Simon chuckles quietly.

Simon: "I can tell... Thanks Alec, for the first time in a long time I have hope even with current events." He says thankful as Alec nods.

Alec: "anytime Simon... Let's just hope things don't escalate." He says constantly thinking of the Demon King and what he's planning. Meanwhile in Hell six Demon Knights are kneeling before the Demon King keeping their heads low.

Demon King: "Sezroroth I trust you have good news?" He asks sitting on his throne as the flames are the only light source.

Sezroroth: "phase one has been a success so far, the huntsman order are scrambling to figure out what's happening but some complications have come up." He says as the Demon King growls lowly. "Your son is attending the Huntsman academy on Griffin Island... This makes things difficult don't you think?" He asks as the Demon King gives Sezroroth a stare that causes him to look down.

Demon King: "Sezroroth... Need I remind what that kind of attitude will bring you?" He standing up from his throne and slowly approaches Sezroroth.

Sezroroth: "I'll end up like Malakai... I meant not to offend you my liege just having your son involved with the enemy makes our job-" as the Demon King roars loudly next to his ear causing him to wince as don't the other Demon Knights.

Demon King: "you're a Demon Knight... Meaning you're the strongest there is besides me, if you can't handle a simple challenge then perhaps I should bring Malakai back from his pit... Do you truly want that?" He asks next to Sezroroth's ear who quickly shakes his head. "Then you'll do as you're told without a complaint... But if I hear that you harmed my boy? Well... Malakai is a good example of what happens when you defy me." He growls out as Sezroroth nods as the Demon King returns to his throne. "Go." He commands as the Demon Knights scatter as he sighs lowly.

Demon King: "Athorazen... What are you getting yourself into?" He asks himself with his eyes closed.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3K 127 32
Vengeance. It is one of the most hazardous addiction. Burning in the flames of vengeance doesn't happen on its own, it's requires a reason or in the...
2.2K 117 91
Version 1. For updated version see nada's escape: Fighters lies. True hunters of the wicked. Wardens of the World. The Huntsmen shield humanity f...
7.8K 1.4K 82
❝how do you kill a monster without becoming one?❞ In the last city ruled by man, fish soar in the skies above and monsters lurk in the alleys below...
140 19 5
In a world where monstrous creatures roam unchecked, our protagonist seeks solace in the life of a mercenary, hoping to avoid the chaos that lurks be...