๐‚๐ก๐š๐จ๐ฌ ๐‘๐ข๐ฌ๐ข๐ง๐  โ–ท Sti...

By WrathfulDeity

๐–๐ž ๐ก๐š๐ ๐ง๐จ ๐ข๐๐ž๐š ๐ฐ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐œ๐จ๐ฆ๐ข๐ง๐ . ๐ˆ๐ญ ๐ฐ๐š๐ฌ ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐›๐ž๐ ๐ข๐ง๐ง๐ข๐ง๐  Riley... More

Act II
Trailer and Cast
Playlist
PART 5
1|not dead yet
2|really repetitive
3|the last airbender
4|time travel
5|karma
6|make it work
7|kill me now
8|temporary solution
9|the deadpool
10|great things
11|liar
12|not worth it
13|take responsibility
14|my everything
15|bad idea
16|in control
17|here to help
18|bonfire
19|melodramatic
20|no big deal
21|one day off
22|mexico
23|all for power
PART 6
24|the vision
25|senior scribe
26|suspicions
27|you trust everyone
28|on edge
29|unpleasantly surprised
30|chimera
31|back to eichen
32|dread doctors
33|he's dead
34|invasive species
35|he knows
36|hallucination
37|who's taking the bodies
38|believe me
39|the fallout
40|the first chimera
PART 7
41|find her
42|collateral damage
43|regret
44|try to be civil
45|my anchor
46|natural chimera
47|outright evil
48|foolproof plan
49|volatile
51|getting the game cancelled
52|make a difference
53|success
54|sense of hope
55|allison saved us
PART 8
56|magic bullet
57|erased
58|back together
59|hearing voices
60|memories
61|elias stilinski
62|ride the lightning
63|pictures
64|meaningless
65|the jeep
66|ghost town
67|the jersey
68|mieczysล‚aw
69|chapters
70|i just need you
71|scott, stiles and riley
PART 9
72|back to beacon hills
73|the hard way
74|peace summit
75|exit wound
76|midnight
77|pull it together
78|decoys
79|no more
80|back to work
81|biology
82|merged
83|try again
84|another problem
85|final fight
Epilogue
Divine Move

50|not that easy

838 33 2
By WrathfulDeity

The fact that Lydia can't heal as fast as other supernatural creatures and still survived having a hole drilled into her head always amazed me. Love her.

——————————

Josh, Malia and I worked together to get Corey onto one of the morgue tables. The boy cried out in pain, but we needed to lay him down somewhere.

"Why isn't he healing?" Josh asked us.

Malia scanned the boy, before shrugging lightly. "Maybe he can't. Maybe it's too much. Or maybe it's the pain."

"He's going to die, isn't he?"

"Only if he doesn't start healing soon," I said, giving my best opinion as I listened for the boy's heartbeat. "His heart rate is slowing down, so if we're going to do something, it needs to be soon."

Josh was beginning to panic, clearly worried for his Packmate. "What do we do? You can't heal him, can you?"

"Neither of us can," Malia informed him. "But I can take his pain. It could help. It might even get him to start healing."

"Then do it."

"You first. You said you could help her."

We all ducked somewhat as another burst of electricity rolled off of Kira. Even unconscious, her ability was threatening all of us.

Josh looked down at the girl, "Yeah, but it's not like taking voltage from a car battery. She's got a lot more power than that. Are you going to do something or not?"

"When you help her. I don't trust you," Malia responded.

"I don't trust you either," Josh bit back.

Stepping between them, I held my hands up, "Well, how about we all not trust each other, and you two do your things at the same time?" I suggested in frustration.

They both took a moment, before nodding in agreement. Josh walked over to Kira, kneeling beside the girl carefully while Malia prepared to take hold of Corey.

"You ready?" My sister asked the boy.

When he nodded, they both focussed on the person in front of them, moving to lay their hands on them. I wished I could help, but I couldn't take pain as Malia could, and I was unable to consume electricity like Josh.

Sounds of pain echoed around the room as all four supernatural creatures groaned. I went to the door, peering out the window in hopes to see Scott suddenly standing there waiting to come in.

I waited, holding my breath as I prayed that this worked. After a couple more minutes, Malia and Josh let go of Kira and Corey. Kira was awake now, allowing Malia to help her to her feet and Corey was no longer groaning in pain, finally beginning to heal his burns.

"Anybody know how we're supposed to get out of here?" Corey asked as Josh helped him climb down off of the table.

"This place is still on lockdown," Malia reminded them.

There was a moment as Kira glanced over at the door. She shifted as she looked at us, "It's not just locked."

Josh nodded in agreement, "Yeah, I can feel it, too."

"What are we supposed to do? Just wait here?" Corey asked, beginning to sound both worried and frustrated.

"There's a Plan B," Malia informed them. "We've got a guy on the outside in case this happens."

"Who?"

"Mason," I told him as I walked over to stand by Kira and Malia. His demeanour changed at the mention of the boy. There was definitely still something going on there.

"Mason's going to unlock the lockdown?"

"He's going to try."

Josh scoffed, "And how's he going to do that?"

"He's got the blueprints of the building, and he has the full map of Eichen's electrical system," Kira said. "All he had to do is get into the transformer shed behind the building."

The boys looked doubtful of our Plan B, but it was all we had right now. Scott, Stiles, Isaac and Liam were all still in the Locked Unit as far as we knew, meaning we were on our own. And even if we weren't, we still needed to find a way out with the lockdown.

Malia noticed their hesitation also, "Don't worry. Mason knows exactly what he's doing."

♧♤♢♡

It took a while, but eventually, Mason did figure out what he was doing. The power went out all across Eichen, and in minutes the five of us were exiting the building.

I was hesitant at first, but we let Josh and Corey go their separate way. It was tempting to follow them and find Theo; I still wanted the boy to lead me to the Dread Doctors. I couldn't remember it, but I knew they had something to do with my silver eyes.

Heading over to the Jeep, I grabbed Stiles' keys out of my pocket and unlocked the vehicle for us. Malia and Kira climbed in, and I drove us out of the parking lot and around to the front of Eichen House.

As we were pulling up, I saw multiple people exiting the front gate. Getting closer, they were easier to make out - Scott, Stiles, Liam, Isaac, and Parrish who was carrying Lydia.

A smile reached my lips as I pulled over quickly, practically jumping out of the Jeep. Rushing over to them, I helped Lydia stand as Parrish put her down.

"I'm so glad you're alive," I told her, tears brimming in my eyes. The thought of losing another of my best friends. . . I couldn't. Not again.

"Is she okay?" Malia asked as she got out of the Jeep also.

Scott was quick to shake his head, "No, we need to go. Give me the keys. We gotta get her to the Clinic."

I reached into my pocket with the hand that wasn't helping Parrish to hold Lydia up, holding them out to Scott.

After he took them, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my neck. Less than a second later, Parrish was letting go of Lydia, crying out in shock. I was going to ask what was wrong when I felt my body begin to seize up.

"Stiles," I said as I felt myself falling. I hit the ground, paralysed. "You bitch," I growled as I saw Tracy grab Lydia.

"Sorry, but she's coming with me," she told us all.

Stiles stepped towards me carefully so that Tracy could see he wasn't going for her. He lifted me so I was sitting up against him instead of with my face on the asphalt.

"Okay. Tracy, just wait," Scott said calmly. "You don't know what's about to happen."

"I'm taking her. That's what's happening. And none of you are going to do a thing."

There was the sound of electricity before Tracy yelped and fell to the ground. Thanks to Stiles getting me off of the ground, I was able to see Ms Martin standing behind the now collapsed Tracy, holding one of the baton tasers the orderlies held.

Lydia stumbled forward, no one holding her up anymore. Isaac stepped forward, catching the girl promptly and keeping her standing.

"Could somebody please get my daughter out of this hellhole?" Ms Martin asked forcefully, holding the baton at the ready.

♧♤♢♡

We did exactly as Ms Martin had asked. Stiles lifted me into the passenger seat of the Jeep and buckled me in, while climbed into the backseat with Lydia. Scott offered to drive so that Stiles could get in the back with Lydia and Isaac.

We drove quickly, not wasting time as Lydia slowly began to lose control. I tried to look back at her, but my body was still paralysed. I could feel myself working the toxin out of my body, the feeling not as strong as the last time. I couldn't see it, but it felt like Tracy hadn't cut me as deep.

She seemed in a rush, which I wouldn't blame her. It was just her up against a whole pack, and she wanted to impress Theo. The only way she saw herself doing that, was getting her hands on Lydia for him.

Isaac and Stiles spoke to Lydia in the back of the car, trying to keep her focussed and calm. The girl accidentally let out a scream, unable to hold it. A couple of windows and mirrors on the Jeep cracked at the sound. I also felt blood trailed down the side of my face since I couldn't cover my ears due to my hands being paralysed in my lap.

When she stopped, I heard Stiles talking to her. "Lydia, Lydia, hey, hey, hey, hey, hey. Look. You're gonna get through this, okay? Lydia, you're going to make it."

"But you're not," the girl responded.

I tried to turn around again, confused as to why she would say that. When Scott changed gears and sped up, I knew this was getting serious.

As soon as we got to the Clinic, Scott skidded to a stop and jumped out of the Jeep. He rushed around to the side Stiles was sitting on, helping him lift Lydia out of the Jeep. They both carried her into the Clinic, leaving me at the Jeep at my request.

I couldn't have them wasting time trying to get me inside also while Lydia was dying.

Isaac moved to sit in the front seat beside me, checking that I was okay. Another scream burst from inside the Clinic, and the sound of windows breaking reached my ears.

"Riley, your ears," Isaac said as he used his sleeve to wipe the blood running down my cheeks.

"I'll be fine," I told him quickly, still unable to move. "Go and help them with Lydia."

"Riley-"

"Please, go and help them," I pleaded. "I'm not going anywhere."

He hesitated before he finally nodded and rushed inside. I waited patiently, listening for if Lydia was okay. Taking deep breaths, I kept myself calm so I didn't accidentally do something while unable to move.

About ten minutes later I heard the door to the Jeep open. "Hey, are you okay?" I heard Stiles ask.

With a sigh, my eyes moved to try and look at him, "I still can't move. But that doesn't matter; how's Lydia?"

I felt his fingers on my chin, gently moving my head for me so that I could see the small smile on his face. "She's okay, for now. The Doc put mistletoe in the hole and it seems to be doing to trick for now."

"Good," I smiled, taking a breath of relief. "Thank, God."

"I'm going to take you home. Charlotte is probably worried sick," Stiles said as he began to put his belt on.

At this, I got confused. "What? No, I don't want to leave Lydia."

"Her mum is taking her home to get some rest. We all need some rest. And besides, you can't move so you can't stop me from taking you home," Stiles shrugged, starting the Jeep. "We're going."

"What are we going to do, Stiles? We still don't know who the Beast is," I said as we drove along.

A sigh escaped Stiles, and I heard his hands tighten around the wheel. "I know. But we've had a win today; we saved Lydia. Right now, that win is enough. Enough to get us through until tomorrow, when we go back to figuring out who the Beast is."

When we got to my house, Stiles climbed out of the Jeep and walked around to my side. Unbuckling me, he slid an arm under my knees and the other at my back after he threw my arm around his neck.

"And they say chivalry is dead," I smiled as he carried me inside.

He laughed as he walked to the front door, "Well, it's either this or leave you on the front lawn until you can move again."

"As long as you sit and wait with me," I grinned.

The boy shook his head, still laughing as he reached the front door. Struggling for a moment, he lifted his leg enough to kick the door a couple of time, since I was unable to stand.

There were noises from the other side of the door before it finally opened. Charlotte's smile fell as soon as she saw me, "What happened?"

"Kanima," I replied simply as Stiles walked me inside.

Charlotte took a moment to think, before nodding. "The lizard thing that Jackson was? The one that can paralyse you?"

"Exactly," Stiles confirmed. "I'm just going to go and take Riley to her room before I end up dropping her."

"Don't drop me," I was quick to say, an edge of warning on my voice.

Stiles looked down at me, eyes narrowed slightly. "You're not all that scary when you can't move, you know?"

"Thank you, Stiles," my sister said. "If either of you needs anything, Iris and I are just in the living room."

Stiles and I both said good night before he carried me down the hall. When we reached my room, he pushed the door open and then went and laid me on my bed.

"You know, this whole paralysing thing is getting really old," I huffed, trying to move again. I felt my fingers twitch, which brought a smile to my face. "At least it's finally beginning to wear off."

Stiles sat down on the bed beside me, "Meaning you can feel this?" He leaned down pressing his lips to mine softly.

As he pulled away slightly, I found myself laughing lightly against his lips. "Paralysation doesn't stop feeling, Stiles."

"Just thought I'd check. You never know."
He then helped me move so that I was laying on his chest. "I love you," he said quietly.

Any time he told me this, I always found myself listening to his heartbeat. I never did it on purpose, but a lot of the time I just feel myself needing the reassurance.

We lived in a world full of so many uncertainties, that being able to know it was the truth was a small silver lining.

"I love you, too."

♧♤♢♡

By the time I woke up the next morning my body was my own once more. I sat up, stretching my tired muscles. The first hour or so after being paralysed always felt strange, like your body forgot how to move normally.

Stiles was at the end of the bed putting his shoes on. "Good morning," he smiled.

"You're up early," I stated as I crawled across the sheets so that I could put my arms around him.

He nodded, putting a hand on my arm. "Yeah, I got a text from Scott. We're gonna do some research in our free period today. You should stay at home."

Shaking my head, I gave him a pointed look, "And why would I do that?"

"Because you were paralysed yesterday."

"And today, I'm fine," I returned. "I'm not staying home, Stiles. You know that."

He sighed, before smiling softly, "It was worth a shot."

"Was it?"
Letting him go, I climbed off of my bed and headed over to my dresser. "Just let me take a shower and then we can go."

♧♤♢♡

School had been slow that day, even with our research during our study periods. We were still no closer than we had been yesterday, the Beast's identity still a mystery to us.

After school, we were in the library again, theorising. I had found myself trying to list who I thought it could be, but so far, my page was blank.

We were hoping Melissa would turn up some medical records for us on who had the genetic code to be a chimera, but that wasn't something she was able to do quickly. Accessing medical records alone was tricky, and then fiving them out was downright illegal.

Tapping my pen, I grew frustrated with our lack of movement in this case. We had done this so many times before - Peter, the Kanima, the Alpha Pack, the Nogitsune, the Benefactor. Why were we struggling so much beating the Dread Doctors?

Looking down, I noticed that I had written down the names of our adversaries as I had thought about them. My pen trailed back to Peter's name. I still hadn't gotten up the nerve to speak to him about my mother.

Putting the pen down, I glanced up to see that Isaac had been watching me. I offered a weak smile, before scanning everyone else at the table.

Everyone looked so defeated, having found nothing in any of the books we were reading that might have told us how to find the Beast.

"Everyone go home," Scott said as he shut the book he had been reading. "We all need some rest."

We all followed his lead, closing books and packing our bags. Once we had all of our things, the group of us began to walk towards the car park.

"I'll see you tomorrow," I told Stiles as we went to go our separate ways. He agreed, kissing me on the cheek.

As I walked over to my car, I saw in the reflection of the window that someone had followed me. Lowering my keys, I turned to see Isaac standing behind me.

"Are you okay?" He asked, not bothering with small talk.

I shrugged, "I will be."

When I went to open my car again, Isaac spoke. "I saw you in the library with your list, and which name you seemed to be focussed on."

Peter.

"I don't know," I sighed. "I just can't shake the hallucination I had after reading the book. I want to talk to him about my mum."

"Then let's go and talk to him," he replied simply.

I laughed, scoffing slightly. "It's not that easy."

"Sure it is," he shrugged. "Peter's locked in Eichen. Eichen has visiting hours. Let's go and visit."

I bit my lip in thought, sorting through the scenario in my head. He was locked up and had nowhere to go, what could be the worst thing to happen?
"Alright. Let's go."

♧♤♢♡

Later that afternoon, Isaac and I arrived at Eichen House for their visiting hours. Walking in the gates again made me nervous - every time we had been in here, something bad happened. This time though, it wasn't the place that made me nervous, but the person.

I was less than thirty minutes away from seeing Peter. From finally getting the answers to the questions I have had since my hallucination.

Isaac and I walked inside, heading over to the reception desk. The orderly who had been there the night of the breakout was the same one sitting there when we approached.

"Name of the patient you are here to visit?" The orderly asked, sounding highly uninterested as he wrote in a logbook. He looked completely bored with his job like he wanted to be anywhere other than here.

I cleared my throat, speaking in a quiet voice, "Peter Hale."

The orderly immediately stopped writing, looking up from his logbook. He looked closer at me, half a smile reaching his lips. "Miss Winters. . . you're back."

"I-uh I don't remember you, sorry," I said just above a mumble, uncomfortable with how the man was looking at me.

The smile hitched up a bit higher, "You were medicated a lot because of those hallucinations you were having. I'm surprised you remember your time here at all."

"All right, look, can you please just let us in?" Isaac asked, coming to my rescue.

The man rolled his eyes as his lips fell. He then proceeded to pick up a phone at the reception counter. "Doctor Fenris, you're needed at reception."

After putting the phone down, he asked us to wait to the side. Isaac and I were confused, but we did so anyway.

We waited for about five minutes when Doctor Fenris appeared in the lobby. "Miss Winters, you're back."

Doctor Fenris had been the one to lead us down to see Valack. He had also run away when the Dread Doctors came to attack us.

I nodded in confirmation, "I'm here to see Peter Hale."

"I'm afraid that won't be possible," he frowned.

"What? Why?"

Doctor Fenris looked around for a moment, before stepping towards us to speak in a hushed tone. "During the brownout, Mister Hale was somehow able to leave the facility."

I looked up at Isaac, eyes wide. This was the only way I knew how to contact Peter. Derek was out of town and barely responding to texts, Cora left and didn't look back, and I didn't have Peter's number.

Peter was gone, and for all I knew, he wasn't coming back.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.6K 83
๐š–๐š˜๐š˜๐š—๐šœ๐š๐š›๐šž๐šŒ๐š” ๐šŠ๐š๐š“. ๐šž๐š—๐šŠ๐š‹๐š•๐šŽ ๐š๐š˜ ๐š๐š‘๐š’๐š—๐š” ๐š˜๐š› ๐šŠ๐šŒ๐š ๐š—๐š˜๐š›๐š–๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šข, ๐šŽ๐šœ๐š™๐šŽ๐šŒ๐š’๐šŠ๐š•๐š•๐šข ๐šŠ๐šœ ๐šŠ ๐š›๐šŽ๐šœ๐šž๐š•๐š ๐š˜๐š ๐š‹๐šŽ๐š’๐š—๐š ๐š’...
764K 20.3K 103
๐„๐ฏ๐ž๐ง ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ฌ๐ฆ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐จ๐Ÿ ๐š๐ฅ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ๐š๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ ๐œ๐š๐ง ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐ ๐ซ๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ž๐ฌ๐ญ ๐œ๐จ๐ง๐ฌ๐ž๐ช๐ฎ๐ž๐ง๐œ๐ž๐ฌ Riley Winters knew noth...
114K 4.3K 136
โ€ข BOOK ONE โ€ข "That makes me her best friend, not a fucking mind reader!" When a witch with terrible fashion sense and a quick wit is dragged into a w...