My companion | میرےہمدم

By 7Hazel

#3 in Pakistan ( 4-1-2021) #1 in Pakistan (19-1-2021) What will happen when two opposite souls are betrothed... More

Authors note
Characters Sketch
Reflection|عکس
Dissociation | بچھڑنا
Sparkle | رونق
Priceless | انمول
Meeting | ملاقات
Restlessness | اضطراب
Stars | انجم
I do | قبول ہے
Indifference | تغافل
Strangers | اغیار
Coincidence | اتفاق
Gem | گوہر
Effort | کاوش
Full Moon | ماہ کامل
Longing | حسرت
Worry | تفکر
Determination | عزم
Blow | ضرب
Darkness | تیرگی
Begining | ابتداء
Sincerity | اخلاص
Responsibilty | ذمہ داري
Pain | درد
Mark | نقش
Trust | اعتماد
Colors | رنگ
Author's note
Family | خاندان
Moment | لمحہ
Care | خیال
Selfless | بےلوث
Protector | پاسباں
Birthday | سالگراہ
Birthday-II | سالگراہ
Birthday-III | سالگراہ
Gradually | رفتہ رفتہ
Closeness | قربت
Related | وابستہ
Affect | اثر
Eid | عید
Embrace | آغوش
Face to face | مقابل
Dewy | شبنمی
Not an update
Unique | نایاب
Drop | قطرہ
Lost in wonder | محوحیرت
Sacred | مقدس
Knock | دستک
Separation | جدائی
Evening | سانجھ
Awaiting | منتظر
Unexpected | غیر متوقع
Twilight | شفق
Confront | روبرو
Misunderstanding |غَلَط فہمی
Helplessness | بے بسی
Unease | خلش
Complete | مکمل
Author's note
Epilogue-1
Epilogue-2

Delighted | شاد

19.5K 1.1K 210
By 7Hazel

(A/N: This chapter is this week's update which I was supposed to post on the coming Sunday. I won't be able to use Wattpad for a few days that's why I posted an early and lengthy update. Happy read.❤)

"Love -- not dim and blind but so far-seeing that it can glimpse around corners, around bends and twists and illusion; instead of overlooking faults love sees through them to the secret inside."

― Vera Nazarian, 

"Mahum, wake up", Faryal shook her to wake her up. Mahum mumbled something and turned her side on the bed.

Faryal turned her head towards zain, rolled her eyes, scrunched up her nose, and said "Is this the same girl who said she wanted to prove someone wrong. For the past 15 minutes we are trying to wake her up, majal hai is larki k kan pay ju b rengi ho ".

"Unfortunately yes", Zain said, crossing his arms above his chest.

"Let's go Zain, we are already late. Agr soruj nikul aya tou garmi barh jae gi ( If the sun arose, the weather will get hot).

"Let's go bhabhi", Zain stated and both of them went out. Usually, Faryal prefers the lawn of the house for this purpose but today due to Zain they went to the park which is commonly used by the locals for the morning walk.

A cool morning breeze was blowing. Birds flitted from tree to tree, chirping at each other and battling over the best roosting sights. The park was crowded than they had expected. People of all age groups were present. They were jogging, cycling, doing exercise, or like them some were just simply walking.

Zain and Faryal started walking on the track and kept talking to each other.

"I'm so happy you joined me Zain, really loving your company", Faryal bubbled in enthusiasm.

"Me too bhabhi",

"You know what, I'm not a kid anymore. Soon I'll be joining a business school. Larkiyon ko flat kar dun ga apne fit looks say (I'll impress girls with my fit looks)", He jocked. Faryal looked at him in sheer surprise and giggled.

"My brother is already fit and handsome, kuch na b karo tou larkiyan flat ho jani hain (girls will get impressed even if you don't do anything", She stated joyously.

"Haina?", Zain winked playfully.

"Ofcourse",

They sat down on the bench for some rest and to watch a sunrise. The sunrays illuminated the blue sky as if it were igniting the most perfect flame.

"Magnificent", Zain muttered. He was slack-jawed at the sight. Faryal moved her head towards Zain, her features softened and lips curled into a smile.

"You have not seen a sunrise before", She asked curiously.

"Never", He replied.

"Actually, I have never looked at attentively before", He continued his eyes fixed on the sight in front of him.

"I think we should go now, You will get to see it tomorrow as well.", She stated.

"Do you want me to join you tomorrow as well?", He asked with a raised eyebrow.

"If that's how it sounds then yes", She said and stood up from the bench.

"Pleasure is all mine, my lady", He said and slightly bowed down to which she giggled in reply. Both of them walked out of the park and started going towards their house.

"Someday we can go to the lake view park for the morning walk, just imagine the view", Zain said.

"Yeah, It will be amazing", Faryal replied.

They were two bungalows away from the Durrani house when they saw a dog sitting in front of their neighbor's bungalow. Faryal looked at the dog and took quick steps.

Zain stopped at his place, moved his hand forward, and uttered different voices to get the dog's attention. Faryal looked back and gave him a quizzical look.

"Zain what are you doing? come fast. Isko peeche q parhva rahay ho? (Why are you provoking it to follow us"

"Aray bhabhi don't worry, I can manage it", Zain said overconfidently.

"Are you out of your mind? Just look at its face, kithna khoofnak hai (It's very scary)", Faryal gritted her teeth and forced a smile.

"Nothing will happen, it is tied", Zain said and let out voices again while Faryal was taking quick steps to get away as she was scared of dogs.

The dog barked a few times and plunged at Zain.

"Aaaaaaaa" Zain shrieked and started running. Faryal turned her head. The color drained from her face when she looked at Zain.

"Ya Allah" she muttered.

"Help help", He yelled and climbed a tree while the dog was standing down and barking at him.

"Zain I had warned you", She screamed. The dog moved and started running towards her. She hurriedly jumped over the green belt of their neighbors, climbed the medium-sized wall, and held the fence above the wall trying to balance herself there.

"I thought it's tied", Zain yelled from the distance.

"What will happen now", She said. The dog was growling. It went back towards Zain. The slightest moment from each of them and the dog would go towards that person.

"Zain I'm taking my words back, This was your first and last morning walk with me", She screamed angrily.

"Babaaa ", She whispered, she was terrified.

"Nothing will happen, bhabhi don't panic please", Zain shouted and started getting off from the tree and at that exact moment the dog ran towards him again and he quickly climbed back.

"Stupid dog hush, hushhh", She was trying to put on a brave face. Faryal removed her slippers and threw them at the dog one by one.

"Please let us go dear dog", She pleaded this time with tear-filled eyes "Hum nay kya bighara hai apka Zain bacha hai usko maaf kardo ainda nahi cherhay ga apko (What have we done wrong to you, forgive Zain he is a kid. He won't tease you again)".

---------------------------------

Zohaib picked up Zahra in his hands and wandered around the house to find Faryal as today he was supposed to reach the hospital earlier. The house looked empty, everyone was still in their rooms.

He checked every place where he could find her but she was nowhere.

"Nadia baji have you seen Faryal?", Zohaib asked when he saw Nadia baji.

"No, I have not seen her today.", Nadia baji replied.

"Zahra, it seems like she is in the lawn. Let's check her there as well", Zohaib said to Zahra and went outside the house.

He moved his gaze around the lawn but she was nowhere.

"Where did she go early in the morning", He mumbled.

 Nadia baji and Saleem Bhai were adjusting the pipe to water the plants. Zohaib turned on his heels to go inside the house when suddenly he heard a scream from a distance.

"It's Faryal", he said and then heard her another scream.

"Nadia baji please take Zahra I'm coming", Zohaib hastily handed Zahra to Nadia baji and exited the main gate of the house. He was shocked at the sight in front of him. Faryal was screaming and throwing her slippers on the dog. He quickly went to their neighbor's house and called the security guard who handles the dog. In few minutes the security guard tamed the dog and took it back to the house.

Zohaib took quick steps towards them. Zain got off from the tree and silently went inside the house to save himself from his Bhai and bhabhi while Faryal was still standing on the wall, clutching its fence tightly. Zohaib picked up her slippers in his hand and stood in front of her on the road.

"It's gone, you can come down now", He said softly.

She shook her head in a horizontal direction.

"Why", He asked in confusion.

"I don't know how to come down, gir jaun gi (I will fall down)", Faryal said looking down.

"Then how did you climbed it", He asked in bewilderment.

"Spur of the moment", She replied avoiding his gaze. She was mentally cursing Zain for leaving her in such an embarrassing situation in front of Zohaib.

He strode towards her, moved forward his hand, and said "hold my hand and come down".

She shook her head violently. He heaved a sigh and wrapped both hands around her waist and said "leave the fence".

"Aaaaaa.....Gir jaun gi mein (I will fall down)", She screamed with tears-filled eyes.

"I won't let you fall, believe me", He assured her. She closed her eyes tightly, loosened her grip on the fence, and quickly wrapped her hands around Zohaib's neck.

"Should I bring you home like this?" He asked after few minutes when Faryal did not leave him. Faryal opened her eyes and realized he was standing at the side of the road holding her in his hands. She removed her hands around his neck and he placed her down. The evident blush proclaimed her embarrassment. She moved her face and started walking towards Durrani house, bare feet.

An amused smile made its way on Zohaib's face. He picked up her slippers again and followed her.

Once they entered the main gate of the house Zohaib chuckled, Faryal froze in her place, turned back, and said "What's so amusing".

"I didn't say anything", He shrugged.

"Then wh..why are you laughing", She stuttered while trying her best to sound confident.

"Pabandi hai? (Is it prohibited?)", he asked.

"Yup", She huffed.

"The way you threw your slippers on the dog, It was...amusing. You are an expert when it comes to deal with dogs. You should give training to people", He said trying to suppress his chuckle.

"I'm not afraid of dogs", she said confidently and flipped her hair.

Suddenly the dog barked again, she became pale and quickly hugged Zohaibs arm. He starred at her face. Her big hazel eyes sparkled in the sunlight. He brushed off the tear from the edge of her eye and said in a hoarse voice "I never said you were scared, I just said it was amusing".

He settled the slippers in front of her and said "wear them". She swiftly wore her slippers and went inside the house. He knew she was scared but he did not want to embarrass her more.

Faryal washed up her face and hands to get rid of the dust and sweat and then took Zahra from Nadia baji. She sat down in the living room.

"Zahra you know what happened to your Ammi", Faryal whined and kept telling her what happened to her. Zahra was intently listening to her Ammi, it looked like she was understanding what her Ammi was telling her.

Zohaib picked up his bag from the sofa, came forward, and kissed Zahra. He turned on his heels to leave the house.

"Zohaib your breakfast", Faryal called out.

"I'm already late", He uttered aloud without turning back.

"Allah hafiz", She announced but he was already out of sight. She starred at the door and then turned back her gaze back towards her bundle of joy and sighed.

"Zahra your daddy does not take care of himself, when you grow up you have to take care of him, okay?", She said with a smile.

Zohaib hurriedly sat down in his car. He reminded himself to register a complaint to the security of their colony to take strict actions against such careless and dangerous behavior of the residents.

-------------------------------

Faryal entered Zain's room with Zahra in her hands and left the door of his room open. Zain was lying on the bed, covered in a quilt pretending that he is asleep.

"Zain I know you are awake, stop acting", Faryal said tapping her foot on the floor.

"Zain get up", She said again but he didn't budge at all.

Huzaifa and Uzair were going downstairs wearing their business formal suits when Faryal's voice got their attention. They peeked into Zain's room.

"What's going on", Uzair asked with wriggled eyebrows.

Faryal turned her head and said "You know what happened to me today, Mahum tou jhagi hi nahi aur time zaya krvaya mera, aur dosray nay kutta parhwa diya peche (Mahum didn't wake up and wasted my time, the other one  got us attacked by a dog).

"Are you okay?"Uzair stepped forward and examined her.

"Yeah I'm fine thankfully", She replied and he heaved a sigh in relief. 

"I had warned you that you are inviting trouble by yourself", Huzaifa shook his head in dismay.

"Now he is pretending to be asleep. soye hovay ko tou uthaya ja saktha hai, jhagay hovay ko kese uthao (You can wake up a person who is asleep, but how to get up a person who is already awake)", She stated in annoyance. Faryal went towards Uzair and handed him Zahra.

"Uzair please sit down on the chair. Turn around my daughter's face and keep your hands on her ears. I don't want her to see or listen to the fight", Faryal said.

An amused smile appeared on Uzair's face and he did as she has instructed him.

"It's very easy, You just have to switch off the AC and he will come out of the quilt", Huzaifa picked the remote and turned off the Air conditioner. Faryal went forward and shook Zain again.

"Zain you can't ignore me like that, you have embarrassed me in front of Zohaib", Faryal said.

"Bhai?" Huzaifa said and both Huzaifa and Uzair chuckled.

"What was Zohaib doing there?", Uzair questioned.

"He rescued us, and this stupid Zain left me on the wall", She said and dropped a light punch over Zain.

"Aaaa", Zain winced.

"Get up Zain, Enough of this drama. Don't tease her or I will make you get up in my style", Huzaifa warned him.

Zain removed the quilt from himself and sat down on the bed. He was drenched in sweat. Faryal looked at him and her eyes softened.

"Zain I'm not taking you again with me EVER", she smacked him in the arm softly.

Zain held his both ears and said "I'm sorry, I won't do it again"

"I thought..the dog is tied", He said and laughed at his own stunt.

Huzaifa and Uzair chuckled as well.

"Am I forgiven now?" Zain said giving her those puppy-eyes dog expressions.

"I can't stay mad at you Zainu", She pouted and hugged him.

"If you both have reconciled, can Zahra look at you", Uzair said trying to manage Zahra who was constantly struggling to get out of his lap to look around.

"Yup", Faryal giggled.

"So I can join you tomorrow, right?" Zain looked at her hopefully.

"No way, today we got attacked by a dog, tomorrow God knows which sort of stunt you will pull over, Meri Tauba", Faryal said touching her ears.

"I can't take the risk, muje kuch hogya tou meri beti ka kya hoga (If something happened to me, what will happen to my daughter)", She added and heaved a sigh dramatically to which both Huzaifa and Uzair burst into a peal of laughter again.

"Let's go Huzaifa we are getting late", Uzair said and wiped off a tear peaking from the edge of his eye due to laughing. Faryal looked at Uzair and realized that he was clad in a business suit as well.

"Don't tell me you are going to the office", She said with narrow eyes.

"I'll get bored in the house", He reasoned.

"Oh you called us boring, offense taken. Subha Subha hi itna entertain kiya hum nay apko (We have entertained you in the early morning) and you still consider us boring", She snorted maintaining eye contact with him. He only gave her a tight-lipped smile and stood up.

"At least have breakfast, Zohaib has gone empty stomach already. I won't let you two like that", she announced.

"We are gett..." Before Uzair could complete his sentence showed she showed him her hand, indicating him to stop.

"That's my order. No ifs, and buts", She ordered with her head held high.

"If she wants that, we have to obey it man", Huzaifa shrugged looking at Uzair. Huzaifa's words brought a happy smile to her face.

-------------------------------------

Faryal glanced at the wall clock and realized it was past 10 o'clock.

"Zohaib didn't have breakfast and I'm sure he would not have eaten anything yet", She mumbled. She thought for few seconds and then an idea popped into her head.

"Zahra you would be proud one day when you understand how smart your Ammi is", She said to Zahra and picked her up. She went to the kitchen to take help from Nadia baji.

"Nadi baji can you please help me, I Know I keep irritating you with my pieces of stuff but this time I really need your help. Mom is also not at home so only you can help me", Faryal pleaded.

"Faryal bibi you are the kindest person I've ever seen, please don't say that, I would love to help you ", Nadia baji replied.

"Zohaib didn't eat breakfast and I know he would not have grabbed anything from the canteen as well ", Faryal stopped and looked at Nadia baji who nodded her head in understanding.

"I don't know about what he likes...can you please cook something for him, something he likes to eat", Faryal stated.

"Bus itni si baat? (That's it?)", Nadia baji smiled. Faryal nodded her head.

"I'll prepare lunch for him quickly you don't have to worry. You and Zahra can sit there under the fan ", Nadia baji assured her.

"What does he like to eat?", Faryal asked taking the seat nadia baji has offered her.

"He prefers healthy food, let me check the ingredients first then I'll be able to decide what I can prepare for him ", Nadia said while finding the ingredients.

Nadia baji started preparing the lunch whereas Faryal was kept glancing at her in between. In about 30 minutes she prepared and packed the lunch.

"It's done", Nadia baji announced.

"Wow Nadia baji you are a superwoman", Faryal exclaimed.

"I love you", she added and hugged Nadia baji.

"It's nothing", Nadia baji replied with a smile.

"What have you prepared?", Faryal asked curiously.

"These are vegetable-chicken mixed sandwiches, fruit salad, and fresh juice", Nadia baji told her and put the containers in a tote bag.

"So can you make lunch for him every day?", Faryal asked hopefully.

"Why not".

Faryal called Saleem Bhai and handed him the bag.

"Saleem bhai you have to stay with him until he finishes the lunch. When you come back your pizza party will be ready at home", Faryal stated.

"You don't have to worry, samjhen kam ho gya (Consider it done)", Saleem bhai claimed confidently and left the house.

"Zahra we did it", Faryal said to Zahra and came inside.

--------------------------------

Zohaib was coming from the ward towards his cabin when he saw Saleem bhai standing in front of his cabin.

"Saleem you. Here? Everything is okay?", Zohaib asked worriedly.

"Don't worry Zohiab sahb (sir)  everything is fine, I came here to give you the lunch", Saleem bhai said.

"Lunch?", Zohaib looked at the bag.

"Faryal bibi has sent me", Saleem bhai replied. Zohaib heaved a sigh and took the bag from him. He unlocked the door of his cabin and Saleem bhai followed him. Zohaib stopped and looked back at him in confusion.

"She said I can't return until you finish your lunch in front of me", Saleem bhai reasoned. Zohaib starred at him and entered his cabin. He left the door ajar and said "Come in".

He was taking out the container when his eyes fell on a piece of paper. He took out the paper and unfolded it.

"Stop frowning like an old grumpy man. Enjoy your meal :)", was written on it.

He gawked at the paper in his hand and realized he was actually frowning. His features softened. He folded it again and placed it inside his pocket.

"Will you keep staring at me or join me as well", Zohaib said to Saleem.

"No I can't ", Saleem bhai replied keeping a straight face.

"Did she tell you this as well", Zohaib stopped and shifted his gaze to Saleem bhai.

"She is giving me a pizza treat as a reward for my mission", Saleem bhai sounded like a soldier.

"Wese b ab tou roz hi chaltha rahay ga yeh (it's going to happen every daynow)" Saleem bhai said non-chalantly. Zohaib looked at him again.

"She said that", Saleem bhai shrugged.

"This girl", Zohaib mumbled and his lips curled into a smile.  

-------------------------------------------------

Tayi Ammi forwarded Zahra's bowl towards Faryal and said "It's cooled down now you can feed her".

Faryal looked carefully in the bowl and asked "What is this Tayi ammi?".

"It's vegetable soup", Tayi ammi replied.

"Zahra is growing up and you have to give her different foods to regularize her calorie intake. Soups are healthy, delicious, easily digestible comforting nutritional food for babies and provide enough calories at the same time.", Tayi Ammi was trying to educate her.

"Thank you tayi ammi", Faryal said. She filled up a spoon and fed Zahra. Zahra ate it without any tantrum and wiped the soup from her lips with her tongue.

"She liked it", Faryal chirped and looked at tayi ammi. Her eyes were shining with happiness. Zahra eating anything without throwing a fit was a surprise. Zahra squealed and let out a different voice when Faryal was refilling the spoon,  she was getting eager to eat again. 

Faryal chuckled and said "Easy...easy Zahra, Ammi is giving you. God forbid you will choke up on your food beta".

"A variety of vegetables and chicken can be added to the soup to make it healthier or a pinch of black pepper powder and dry spice to enhance its flavor. In that way it will develop Zahra's taste buds ", Tayi ammi added after a break.

"Tayi Ammi can you please teach me how to cook it?", Faryal questioned.

"Of course betay why not, but I'll suggest you don't have to stress yourself. I can make it for Zahra and when I'm gone Nadia will be here to help you out with the things", Tayi Ammi replied cooly.

"I don't like cooking but I'll be happy to do it for my daughter", Faryal stated happily.

Tayi Ammi looked at her surprised. The girl in front of her was much more mature and understanding than her age.

"Will you teach me?", She asked again in a hopeful tone.

"If that's what you want I'll be happy to teach you", Tayi ammi said.

Faryal hurriedly nodded her head and then silently fed Zahra. Suddenly she remembered Zohaib's yesterday words.

"Tayi ammi",

"Ji beta",

"I wanted to change Zahra's day sleep pattern, can you guide me on how to do that",

Tayi Ammi looked at her carefully and didn't say anything.

"She hardly sleeps for an hour but still. I mean, I want to make her sleep in the midday instead of in the early afternoon", Faryal explained.

"No problem dear, give her a long relaxing bath and massage, before her bedtime and she will get sleepy. If it does not work we can try something else then. It will take days for her to get into the circle but that's how it will begin", Tayi ammi said.

"I'm really proud of you, the way you treat Zahra and all of us in these unideal circumstances. We are extremely lucky to have a daughter like you", Tayi ammi said sincerely. She stood up and hugged Faryal.

"I'm lucky to have all of you Tayi Ammi, and my baby Zahra.", Faryal replied.    

------------------------------------------

Assalam-u-Alikum/Namaste ❤

I hope everything is going well on your side.

How was today's update?

Which chapter/ moment you liked in the whole story up till now?

Thank you everyone for your feedback.  I really appreciate that.

See you next week, do leave your feedback in the comments below. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.1K 1.6K 13
[Under Editing] *Ruthless Mafia x innocent girl* Sheza Khan youngest daughter of Kabir Khan, a minor gangster. . She is eighteen years old. She is a...
61.2K 3.9K 39
Aakhi Love gorgeous things. Bookworm. Polite. Obsessed with romantic noble. Beautiful. Brown eyes. Loves colour red. Live in her fantasy. Happy. M...
317K 15.4K 30
Gulaab mukhtar khan ; the girl with a bubbly personality; who's laugh and giggles lighten the dark world around her , her beauty was the exact manife...
670K 36.8K 27
• Twice Wattpad Featured • #1 in Spiritual • The moon hid behind the clouds, the wind refused to blow and the mountains trembled at the sight in fron...