Unbreakable | Klaus Mikaelson

By -Maddyy-

ON HOLD ~ A world where there's two original hybrids roaming Mystic Falls ~ ~ A world where Klaus Mikaelson d... More

CAST
Brooklyn Wolfert
Damon Salvatore
Your Humanity
The Ball
Beacon Hills
Bardo
Werecoyote
Paralysed
Void Stiles
Hello, Brooke
Mystic Falls
Elijah Mikaelson
I Love You Too
The Last Dance
The Truth
The Sacrifice
Hybrids
Rippahhh
Rebekah Mikaelson
Mikael
Mikaelsons Reunited
Humanity-less Brooke
I'll Always Be Here
The Five
The Hunter's Curse
The Alpha
Darling
Brother's Death
Return From The Island
I love you
New Orleans
Aconite Flower
It's Okay To Care
The Plan
Bayou Clinic
The unlinking
Tyler?
Wolf Hunt
You Can Trust Us
The Harvest
Labonair
Devinette
You're Free
The Peace Treaty
Fête des Bénédictions
Bayou Attack
Moonlight Rings
Sacrifice My Daughter
Abandoned My Daughter
Alone
Stories
Ascendant
Brothers Reunited
Lorenzo
Crescent Birthmark
Author's Note
Bonfire
PLEASE READ!

The Dinner Party

976 16 3
By -Maddyy-

~Flashback~

I was helping my mother prepare dinner for the two of us when I heard the pained scream of no one other than Niklaus Mikaelson. I looked at my mother apologetically before running out of our small house straight to where I thought I heard Niklaus. My eyes first landed on Henrik, the youngest Mikaelson laying lifeless on the ground. He had a massive, deep cut across his chest and dried blood under his nose. His clothes were drenched in blood from his injuries. Next to him, I recognised Niklaus sitting on the ground, his chin resting on his knees as his arms were wrapped around his legs, holding them close to his chest. Esther came running, kneeling next to her youngest son.

"No. No. What happened?"

"T-The wolves." Niklaus admitted what had happened to his baby brother.

Half of the village has now gathered around the young boy, staring in fear as to what tragedy has fell upon him. Elijah came sprinting and barely stopping himself when his eyes fell upon his dead brother. I then noticed my best friend, Rebekah barely standing trying so hard to control her emotions. I ran over to her, immediately engulfing her in a comforting hug. She wrapped her arms around me and sobbed into my shoulder knowing she won't ever be able to see her innocent brother again.

-

-

"Dinner party at mine. Be here in an hour."

"Damon, what are you-" I tried but got cut off by Damon hanging up.

I sighed before getting ready for the dinner party. I decided to wear a white long sleeved top, some black ripped jeans and black heals before leaving to go to Damon's.

-

-

I met Damon in the library where he looked like he was preparing something.

"What you doing?" I asked.

He picked up a small bottle of ashes and a dagger, showing it to me. I raised an eyebrow waiting for him to explain what this is.

"This B, is a dagger and ashes from a white oak tree which can kill an original."

I internally panicked but made sure I didn't show my true emotions publicly. My boyfriend was holding a weapon that could possibly leave me daggered for eternity and he doesn't even know, none of them know. 

"You want to kill Elijah? That's the point of this dinner party?" I questioned, trying to keep a straight face.

"Yep." He said, popping the 'p'.

I know they feel threatened by Elijah but he's seriously not as bad as they think he is. We were friends back in the 15th century, he was one of the closest people I had so I can't say I'm liking this plan. I mean, it's not like it will actually kill him but I feel like being daggered doesn't feel good either.

"I'm not involved." I didn't let Damon question me as I immediately rushed out of the library and joined the others.

Just as I left the library, to my dismay, Jenna opened the front door for no one other than John.

"Who invited him?" Jenna questioned, clearly irritated.

"The weird uncle-dad how nice of you to show up." I smiled.

Jenna gave me a cautious look.

"Now leave." I concluded.

"John. Surprise. Leave." Damon spoke from behind me, he must've followed me out.

"When Jenna told me she was coming to a dinner party for Elijah, I decided I couldn't miss out on all the fun and games." He explained.

Jenna left the room just as Alaric joined us. "There are not going to be any games tonight, John. It's just a friendly dinner party."

"What he said." Damon agreed.

After this we all went to socialise with each other and spend some time together waiting for Elijah to arrive.

Not long has passed when knocking could be heard from the front door.

"I'll get it." I said, standing up from the sofa I was sitting on.

I opened the door and in front of me stood Elijah, in his perfectly neat suit as usual. I guess suits are his thing now.

"Good evening." He greeted.

I didn't hesitate to wrap my arms around him and hold my old friend in a tight embrace. He stiffened momentarily but soon relaxed and returned the gesture. It felt nice to be able to hug an old friend again after so many years apart.

I pulled away and offered him a warm smile. "I'm glad you came, please, come in."

Just as Elijah was walking into the house, Damon has joined me to greet our guest.

"Thank you for coming."

"Can I just say that if you have less than honorable intentions about how this evening is going to proceed, I suggest you reconsider." He stated.

"No, nothing, nothing dishonorable. Just getting to know you." Damon assured but I could tell he was lying and I know Elijah didn't believe him either.

"Hmm. Well, that's good. Because, you know, although Elena and I have this deal, if you so much as make a move to cross me, I'll kill you and I'll kill everyone in this house. Are we clear?" Elijah warned.

"Crystal." Damon smirked.

Elijah noticed Jenna and proceeded to greet her. Damon shut the door and just as he turned around to face him, I gave him a look and shook my head signalling for him not to go along with his plan in hopes that he would listen to me. He turned his gaze away from me and left the room.

-

-

We were all sat around the dinner table. Damon was on my right, sitting at the end of the table and Elijah was on my left. Jenna, sat opposite me was pouring everyone glasses of wine.

"I hate to break it to you, Damon, but according to Elijah, your family is so not a founder of this town." Jenna proclaimed.

"Hmm, do tell." Damon said, looking at Elijah.

"Well, as I mentioned to Jenna earlier, a faction of settlers migrated from Salem after the witch trials in the 1690s. Over the next hundred years they developed this community where they could feel safe from persecution." Elijah explained.

"Hmm, because they were witches." Jenna spoke.

"Well, the lore says that there was this wave of anti-witch hysteria. It broke out in the neighbouring settlement, so these witches were rounded up-" Elijah started.

"And tied to stakes in a field together and burned. You could hear their screams from miles around us as they were consumed by the fire." I finished, staring into the distance, recalling my memories of the witch trials. My gaze then set on Jenna's quizzical features so I cleared my throat. "I heard that story too."

"Well, I wouldn't repeat this to the Historical Society." Jenna joked.

"It's starting to sound a little like a ghost story to me." John stated.

"So, why do you want to know the location of these allege massacres?" Damon questioned Elijah.

"You know... a healthy historian's curiosity, of course." Elijah explained.

"Of course." Damon smirked.

However, I could tell Elijah wasn't telling us the truth. Well, obviously he's not a historian but he doesn't want us to know why he's been looking for it.

"Would anyone care for some cognac? I have a bottle that I've been saving for ages." Damon offered, standing up.

"None for me, thanks. Nine bottles of wine is my limit." Alaric politely refused.

Damon and Elijah went down to the library while Alaric, Jenna and I stayed to tidy up and prepare dessert when Alaric got a phone call from a panicking Stefan.

"Hello. Slow down. Stefan?" Alaric answered.

"Damon will die if he tries to dagger Elijah!" Stefan shouted through the phone.

That was all I needed to hear before speeding out the kitchen and into the library where Damon and Elijah were.

I burst through the door, causing both the boys to look at me.

"Damon, Elijah, we forgot about dessert." I smiled, trying to sound as calm as I could.

Alaric came running in straight after me, probably wanting to tell Damon why we stopped him. Therefore, I knew I had to get Elijah out of there so that they could talk or something.

"Elijah." I smiled, holding out my hand for him.

He handed his glass over to Damon and took my hand, twirling me around before we both walked out the door.

We got back into the dining room where Jenna was pouring John a cup of coffee. I sat back down at my place, right besides Elijah.

"Sorry guys, dessert is taking longer than I thought. I usually just unwrap food." Jenna apologised.

"That's fine, Jenna, we're not in a rush." I reassured her.

-

-

Jenna was now back in the kitchen taking care of dessert while Damon, Elijah, John and I sat at the dinner table.

"Elijah, did John tell you he's Elena's uncle/father?" Damon questioned.

"Yes, I'm well aware of that." Elijah stated.

"Of course, she hates him, so there's absolutely no need to keep him on the endangered species list."

My eyes widened, glaring at Damon so that he would get the hint to stop.

"What I'd like to know, Elijah, is how you intend on killing Klaus?" John questioned.

I started at Elijah in shock in disbelief. The Elijah that I know would never hurt Niklaus or any of his siblings for that matter. I wonder what has changed.

"There's a few things we should probably get clear right now. I allow you to live solely to keep and eye on Elena. I allow Elena to remain in her house living her life with her friends as sh does as a courtesy. If you become a liability, I'll take her away from you and you'll never see her again." Elijah explained.

I went back into thinking about what could have happened between the two brothers that Elijah has declared he would kill Klaus. It must have been really bad, they were almost inseparable when we were growing up.

My thoughts were interrupted by Elijah's scream of pain. I look up to see Alaric pulling out a dagger from Elijah's desiccated body and placing it on the table. I stand up almost ready to rush to Elijah's side but I feel a strong pair of arms grab my shoulders. Without turning around, I knew it was Damon and I didn't bother fighting him, instead, I just stood there looking at Elijah's almost dead body.

"Now, get rid of him before Jenna comes back with dessert." I heard Alaric mutter to Damon. 

Damon squeezed my shoulder before letting go and dragging Elijah's body down into the cellar. I sat back down and stared off into the distance for the rest of the dinner party. I knew Elijah was alive, I knew he would be awake in a few moments since Alaric didn't keep the dagger in but I was mad. Mad that they had to do that, I knew Elijah wouldn't hurt us, if I thought otherwise I would have warned them. But I knew he wouldn't, and I had hoped Damon would have thought the same and trusted me. Damon knew that Elijah and I were friends, he should've known that he's not a threat even though he may seem like one.

Damon has later gotten a call from Stefan, informing him about having to keep the dagger in. Damon immediately got up from the table but I grabbed his arm.

"Damon, please, he won't hurt us. Just let him go, he's not a threat, trust me." I tried, hoping he would trust me enough to stay.

He was looking into my eyes, his stare was soft and understanding. However, I then saw the regret in his eyes and before I knew it he was out of the house, out of my sight.

I went back home after this, needing to get my head straight. I fell asleep as soon as my head hit the pillow, forgetting all the events that had happened tonight.

-

-

I got up in the morning with over 20 messages from Damon, apologising and asking me to come over. Not feeling like going to school today I decided to agree and meet him at his house.

I threw on a white tube top, a pair of sweats and a plaid jacket before heading out the house.

As soon as I entered the boarding house I heard a familiar voice alongside Damon's. At first I thought it was Elena but after hearing her remarks I knew it had to be Katherine.

"You wouldn't." Katherine said, it almost sounded like she was slightly frightened.

"Oh, I would." Damon replied.

"Damon, be smart. I want Klaus dead just as much as you do. More. If I wasn't be honest about helping, I'd be long gone by now, okay? You can hate me. But we want the same thing. And you know...I always get what I want."

As I walked into the basement, I noticed Katherine standing in the room, Damon opposite her with a flame thrower pointed at her and Elijah still daggered on the ground.

"But I would, so I suggest you leave." I warned her.

She looked at me, about to come up with a remark but something caused her to change her mind and she left the room.

I turned to face Damon. "Why am I here?" I asked, crossing my arms.

He took a step towards me. "I'm sorry. I was stupid and I should have trusted you."

"Does that mean I can undagger him?" I raised my eyebrows.

"No."

"Why not?"

He sighed. "I trust you, B, I do. But I don't trust him. You haven't seem him in hundreds of years, he might not be the same person you remember. Just leave him daggered at least until we figure out why he wanted to find the place where the witches were massacred."

"Let's get to it then." I smirked.

We went into the library where Damon has brought down some of Johnathan Gilbert's journals, hoping he would have wrote something about the witch trials.

"Are those Johnathan Gilbert's journals?" Katherine's voice came from behind us.

"None of your business." I spoke, not looking up from the books.

"How am I supposed to help you if you won't tell me what you're up to?" She questioned.

"That's the point, you're not meant to. Now get out." I retorted.

There was a moment of silence before she started to speak again.

"Emily Bennett told me about the massacre. It was a big deal in witch folklore. When a witch dies violently, they release a mystical energy marking the place of their death with power." She explained.

"Elijah wanted to know the site of the massacre." Damon told her.

"What was he going to do when he found it?" Katherine asked.

"We don't know. What did papa witch and baby witch have to say?" Damon spoke a little louder, hearing Stefan has come back home from school.

He stood in the doorway, leaning against the side of the door with his arms crossed. "Isn't she gone or dead yet?"

"Preferably dead." I added, causing me to get a glare from Katherine.

"For the last time, I'm here to help. Can we skip the secrets, hmm?"

"Elijah had no weapon to kill Klaus but he Klaus but he believed that if a witch could channel enough power, they wouldn't need one." Stefan explained.

"Channel the power from the hundred dead witches, that could've worked." I stated.

"We just need to find it then." Stefan concluded.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. When I took it out I saw a message from Elena:

"Bonnie and Caroline are coming over, join us?"

"I'll be there in a few." I replied.

"Who are you texting?" Damon asked.

"Elena. Girls' night, so I'll see you guys later."

I walked over to Damon, briefly kissing him before heading back home.

-

-

When I arrived, Bonnie and Caroline were already there. All 3 of the girls were in the kitchen and I heard Care asking if we should order Chinese or pizza.

"Chinese of course." I picked, as soon as I walked through the doors to the kitchen.

"I will get it." Caroline said, picking up the tablet to order our food.

However, as soon as she turned the tablet on, her smile has disappeared and was replaced with sadness. Bonnie must have noticed too as she gave Care a sympathetic smile and took the tablet off her. "I'll do it."

"Okay, so what are we going to do about this movie situation? What about 'The Notebook'?" Caroline suggested.

"No." I said.

"Caroline, how many times have you seen that movie?" Elena chuckled, while Bonnie and I raised our eyebrows at the Blonde.

"That is so not the point." Caroline argued.

"Well, yeah, I mean-" Elena stopped as soon as she noticed Jenna has walked in.

"Hey." She said awkwardly.

Jenna and Alaric have had an argument the other night about Isobel and Ric keeping secrets from Jenna. Rightfully so might I add, Jenna doesn't need to be involved in the supernatural world.

"What's going on?" Jenna asked.

"Girls' night." I replied.

"Oh." She said, looking down at her feet.

"How are you doing?" Elena asked her.

"You heard about the fight with Ric."

"He feels terrible." Elena tried defending him.

"Is this some kind of disguised attempt to cheer me up?" Jenna raised an eyebrow.

"No, we're just hanging out but we're here if you want to talk." I smiled.

"Because I am a winner when it comes to successful relationships." Caroline joked.

"You too?" Jenna asked.

"You have no idea." Caroline responded.

So, Caroline and Matt have also gotten into an argument because Matt felt like she was keeping secrets from him. Well, obviously she is, Matt doesn't know about the supernatural either but to be honest he probably wouldn't even be able to handle it.

"Okay, then." Jenna gave in.

She went over to the fridge and reached in to get a drink. "It's this whole Isobel thing. He's hiding something from me."

"To play devil's advocate, maybe there is a great reason why he's not telling you. Maybe he is just trying to protect you." Caroline tried to reason.

"Well, that's not his call to make. I mean, I deserve the truth. Everybody does."

I can see where Jenna is coming from, if I was in her position I would want to know what's going on too but from past experiences, it is honestly better for her to not know. For example, look at Elena, as soon as Stefan showed up, she has gotten dragged into everything, including getting kidnapped and almost killed.

"Sometime's it's harder than that." Caroline defended again.

Bonnie, Elena and I exchanged looks, realising Caroline isn't talking about Ric anymore, but about herself.

"Not if it's somebody you care about, it isn't." Jenna argued.

There was a moment of awkward silence before Caroline spoke up again. "You know what we need?" She started, referring to all of us. "Dancing. There is a band at the Grill."

"I'm in." I immediately said.

"In."

"In."

"In."

Caroline clapped her hands in excitement as all of us have agreed to her plans.

I changed into a mini black skirt with thigh high boots and a black crop top before we left.

-

-

Mystic Grill was more lively tonight than usual. There was a lot more people, most dancing or drinking and a live band playing on stage. However, almost immediately Jenna spotted Ric and went to get a drink and Caroline spotted Matt shortly after.

"Hey, Matt." Caroline smiled but he didn't answer her and just walked away.

"Off."

"Things just got real awkward." Bonnie stated.

"He said the ball's in your court." Bonnie tried encouraging Caroline.

"Yeah, but I can't do anything about it." Caroline responded.

"Why not? All you do is talk about how much you care about him."

"Yeah, but I am still keeping so many secrets."

"Alaric's in the same boat with Jenna and maybe that's our mistake. We're trying to protect the people that we love by keeping them out of it, but in the end, we're hurting them anyway." Elena spoke up.

"Lena, that's because it's for the best. It's better that they don't know."

The song ended and Caroline looked like she gathered some confidence and took off her jacket, handing it to Elena and marching off onto the stage and grabbing the mic.

"Hey everybody! Let's hear it for the band! Weren't they awesome?" Caroline exclaimed.

The whole crowd clapped and cheered.

"Oh god, this isn't gonna end well." I stated.

"So there's this guy. And, uh, he told me to tell him how I feel about him. Like it's so easy. Um, you know, just 'cause I talk a lot doesn't mean I always know what I'm actually talking about. Ah, like now, I'm feeling loopy and I don't really know how to express myself.

The singer tried to take the mic away from her but she resisted. "I can sing. Yeah! Yeah. You know what, I'm going to sing."

From what I could tell, to me it looked like Care compelled the singer to let her sing.

She started to sing 'Eternal Flame', keeping eye contact with Matt the whole time.

"She's good." Jenna said.

"Yeah." Both Elena and I agreed.

Before the song could finish, Matt ran up to Caroline on stage and kissed her. The whole crowd cheered, the girls and I the loudest with big smiles plastered on out faces.

We all partied, drank, sang and danced for the rest of the night, all of us enjoying ourselves until all the lights went out. I was with Elena when this happened, the lights breaking in an unnatural way. Stefan found us in the crowd and told us how they killed Luka and now his dad is after Elena. We came up with a plan which we went to fill Caroline in on in the bathroom.

We ran out of the bathroom, the whole grill was a mess. The bar was on fire, and everyone was running around like mad, trying to find their way out.

"Dr Martin!" Elena called. "I'm so sorry about Luka. I never wanted that to happen, but...at least let us help you get your daughter back."

"Only Elijah can do that." He said.

"You don't need Elijah." I stated.

He set another bar on fire.

Caroline came speeding over to us. Both of us jumping onto Dr Martin to cause a distraction so that Stefan could get Elena out of here. We knocked him down to his feet but just as Caroline was about to sink her fangs into his neck, he gave both of us an aneurysm. We both grabbed our heads in pain but Caroline was taking this a lot worse than I was. She started screaming in pain which brought Matt's attention to us.

"Caroline!" Matt came running over to us and pushing Dr Martin against the wall.

"Get away from her!"

"Matt, no!"Caroline screamed as Dr Martin broke a bottle and stabbed it into his neck.

Matt fell to the floor, blood oozing out of his neck. Caroline immediately ran over to him, calming herself down. I gave her a reassuring nod before speeding out of the grill to go find Stefan and Elena.

As soon as I got to the house I was met by Damon. He informed me that Dr Martin was dead after Katherine went along with the plan.

"How did you guys convince her to do this?" Elena questioned.

"We didn't. It was actually her idea." Damon told us.

"That doesn't sound good." I stated.

"No. No, that's not good at all." He agreed.

Stefan and Katherine came down the stairs, with Katherine wearing the exact same clothes as Elena.

"I'm guessing you're going to want this back." She said, holding up Elena's necklace. "But your pretty little outfit is going to need a good dry clean."

Elena snatched her necklace from Katherine's hand before turning to Stefan. "You're going to have to get her out of here before Jenna gets home."

"Is that all you have to say to me?" Katherine asked.

"What were you expecting? A party?" I provoked.

"This doesn't change the way I feel about you." Elena asserted.

" I don't much like you, either, if we're going to be open and frankly, I'd be happy to see you dead but if we're going to try to take on Klaus, we kinda need you to be alive. So I'm not a threat to you, Elena. If any of you are going to believe anything, believe that."

-

-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

807K 22.1K 55
Odette Jade De Marie travelled to Mystic Falls with the intention of gathering information for her best friend, only for it to lead her to meet the O...
19.7K 233 28
For a thousand years, Keira has been the baby of the family. Centuries ago in what would later be the supernatural town of Mystic Falls, Virginia, t...
15.1K 347 23
Mystic Falls had a history that Amity Romero was unaware of in her move back to the small town. Being convinced for years by her cousin, Caroline, to...
51.9K 1.2K 26
When I delinquent teenage girl moves to mystic falls to live with her cousin she encounters a mysterious man who takes a liking to her.