Gate: Thus S.A.T.O Fought The...

By IMajorBeast

IW/AW and Halo - Gate Crossover S.A.T.O Infinity was exploring the vast distance of space, when they discover... More

Chapter 1: A New Discovery
Chapter 2: Welcome To Falmart
Chapter 3: Lone Wolf
Chapter 4: Past meets Future
Chapter 5: Battle Of Italica and Diet Meeting
Chapter 6: Diet Session
Chapter 7: Tour Of Japan
Chapter 8: The Hakone Mountain Night Battle
Chapter 9: Hotel Fight
Chapter 10: Return To Falmart (Gun Show)
Chapter 11: Vehicle and Weapon Demonstration
Chapter 12: Recon Duty (Short Story)
Chapter 13: Operation: Hunting Party
Chapter 14: Tour of the Infinity
Chapter 15: New Troops, New Missions
Chapter 16: Training Facility
Chapter 17: Crew Expandable
Chapter 18: Team Player
Chapter 19: Capital Assault
Chapter 20: Wolverines
Chapter 21: Down The Rabbit Hole
Chapter 22: Holiday Visitors
Chapter 23: Daddy's Home
Chapter 24: Merry Christmas
Chapter 25: Preperations
Chapter 26: London Has Fallen
Chapter 27: Escaping London
Chapter 28: Embassy Siege
Chapter 29: Preparing for Battle (Short Story)
Chapter 30: Welcome To My World
Chapter 31: The Easy Day Was Yesterday
Chapter 32: Seahawkins Seafort
Chapter 33: Next Operation (Short Story)
Chapter 34: Operation: Goalpost
Chapter 35: Deniable Ops
Chapter 36: American Consumption
Chapter 37: Bag and Drag
Chapter 38: Manhunt
Chapter 39: Street Fight
Chapter 40: Battle of Los Angeles (Updated)
Chapter 41: Site F
Chapter 42: The Gulag
Chapter 43: First Contact
Chapter 44: Battle of Italica II
Chapter 45: A New Enemy
Chapter 46: Reinforcements
Chapter 47: Battle Of Eliptical Sagittarius
Chapter 49: Fighting In Two Fronts
Chapter 50: Tying Up Loose Ends (Short Brief)
Chapter 51: Loose Ends
Chapter 52: The Enemy Of My Enemy Is My Friend
Chapter 53: Site Hotel Bravo
Chapter 53: Endgame
Chapter 54: Six Invitational
Chapter 55: Spies vs Mercs

Chapter 48: Collapse of Firebase Alpha

667 17 1
By IMajorBeast

Location: S.A.T.O. Infinity
Time: 0100 Hours
Date: 04/26/2013

The booster rocket of the Jackal separated from the aircraft and stabilizes. Just several miles away from the Jackals were the Lasky's Infinity fleet and all 10 Strident-Class Frigates patrolling the enormous ship.

And out in the distance they can see several Banished ships which are all ships from the Human-Covenant War.

"You're getting eyes on this, Reyes?" Salter asked.

"Affirmative."

Just as they were about to pursuit a plasma torpedo hits the Frigates, but the shielding protected it well enough.

"All S.C.A.Rs engage those cruisers and destroyers!"

Nick's team accompanied by several Air Force squadron piloting sabers and Longsword attack the Banished armada.

"Banshee. 12 o'clock."

A Banshee flies by and almost shot down Reyes, but he maneuvered around and avoided getting shot down. Reyes went full speed and chased down the Banshee and using the aircrafts GAMP 018.Microlite laser cannons it didn't stood a chance as it tracked and shot it down.

"Down one."

"One? I'm on 2 already." Salter said.

Reyes smiled in amusement of his partners boast as he launched a barrage of missiles and shot down two more Banshees. While the squadrons of Jackals, Sabers, and Longswords were taking down the banshees and phantoms, the fleet were busy fighting off the Banished and despite being outnumbered 2-1 S.A.T.O. has the advantage in terms of tactic and firepower combined with their new technology reoutfitted to the Infinity.

A Lich aircraft got close on the infinity but it got shot down from the MAC cannon on the sides of the Infinity. A small cruiser got close passing the Frigates, but it didn't have time to fire as the ship's FSpAr Cannon vaporized the ship as it got close.

Reyes shot down another Banshee on the air as the more larger Lich aircraft started to emerge more. "We've got several Lich aircraft approaching from the cruiser."

"Hit the cruiser before they got out."

The squadron and the fleet opened fire on the cruisers before they could launch more aircraft. They successfully destroyed the remaining cruisers only leaving 1 lich aircraft.

"1 loch aircraft remaining." Brooks reported.

"Hit it."

With the combined firepower of the squadron the Lich aircraft didn't even have time to escape as it was immediately shut down.

On the Infinity

"This is Captain Lasky to all hands. The Banished has found the planet. I want all personnel to establish a base of operations around the planet. I want to reinforce Firebase Alpha to prevent any invasion force from Japan.

We are on Threatcon Delta."

Lasky then turn his attention to his XO Lieutenant Jet. "Lt, sound the alarm: prep all Mammoths and get them on the ground to establish a base of operations. I want troops to mobilize and support JSDF and the Coalition base of operations." Lasky ordered his XO.

"Yes, sir." The Lieutenant nodded and left.

Lasky sighed looking at the war table of the returning squadron. He has to contain this threat immediately because the last thing he doesn't want he need to get the Earth's newly formed Coaltion forces to be involved on their own war. And he knew it will not take long until their journalists and press got news about this attack.

"Captain Lasky." Cortana called from the table. "We have a emergency message from Firebase Alpha. You need to hear this."

"Send it."

"This is Firebase Alpha we are under attack by Banished ground forces! I repeat were under attack by Banished ground forces!"

Lasky angrily slammed his fist on the table from hearing the news as he made the order. "Deploy Noble Team on that location now!"

Location: Firebase Alpha, Falmart
Time: 0200 Hours
Date: 04/26/2013

After a few minutes of organizing the troops and deploying several mobile command centers on the ground S.A.T.O. was finally able to protect key strongholds of Falmart. Lasky wanted his men to protect major capital and most importantly JSDF and Coalition military bases.

He didn't want the newly formed Earth's Coalition to be involved in a war they were never involved with and by letting them fight will only draw more blood, not because of their outdated/primitive weapons and technology, but because they weren't ready for this type of action. The troopers of Firebase Alpha were caught off guard by the surprise attack. All the personnel were ready for the attack, but the only question was when ars they going to attack.

Arriving at the scene was Noble Team piloting a pelican left to them by Nick's S.C.A.R. Team.

"Jesus christ." Emile muttered.

Just several miles away on the cockpits view is Firebase Alpha. Blue and purple lasers were being fired from both sides of the factions.

"Kat, tell them were friendlies." Noble One ordered.

"On it, Commander." Noble Two replied back activating the comms. "Firebase Alpha, this is Noble Team landing down. Do not open fire."

"Copy. You're clear to land!" The Officer said as they can clearly hear gunfire from the other side.

"Get tactical, Noble Team." Noble One said as he and Kat exited the cockpit and set the pelican on autopilot.

The two grabbed an R3K from the pelican's armory and got ready. Carter looked to see his team now prepped and ready. "All right Noble Team we'll split into two teams: Emile, Jorge, and Kat you three will be deployed to the Control tower and get that tower online. We need those drones on the air."

"On it, sir." "Yes, Commander." "Yes, sir." The team replied.

"The rest of you are with me. We're gonna try and push them back alongside the Army and the Marines." Noble Four and Noble Six nodded as the pelican is now in the Firebase.

"Hold your fire! Hold your fire! Those are our guys!" A Marine Commander ordered as they lowered their weapons.

"Weapons down."

The pelican landed on the ground as the ramp open and Noble Team got out. "You Noble?"

"How can we help?"

"Command needs more men on the front line. Control tower is being bombarded on the east by several Banished troops." The Commander reported to Noble One.

"Noble Two, Five, Three, you know your objective."

The three Spartan-IIIs nodded and took off. "The rest of you are with me. Let's go."

"You heard him, Marines. It's time to kick some ass. Oorah!"

"OORAH!"

The remaining squads of Noble Team marched ahead heading towards the wall for support. The group stopped when a T-600 Walker tank moved pass them with it's track legs deployed.

"Watch you head!" Noble Four said as the tank exited through the hole on the wall penetrated by a Wraith.

Arriving outside of the wall Carter looked on the battlefield to see the carnage on front. There were many S.A.T.O. Marines and Army holding the line with several Walker, and Hovertanks providing support fire alongside a squad of UNSA APC and Pitbulls JLTV armed with gauss cannon and titan LMG. The tanks were also supported by the mechs such as the C-12 and the Cyclops, the infantry was a combination of C-6 Drones, XS1-Goliaths, Army, and Marines.

"Lay down support cover fire." Noble One ordered taking cover and returning fire killing several Banished troops with his R3K.

Up above the tower an Army Officer was hit in the head as a Jackal sniper scores a direct hit on the head. The soldier fell from the tower and landed in front of the field.

"Noble Six, get on that tower and man that MG."

Noble Six just nodded and activated his jetpack and got on the top of tower, he first checked the Titaj if it's functional bu checking it's belt fed battery for the laser's. Once checked he cocked the weapon ready.

He fired the LMG rapid fire killing and taking out any Banished troops in front of them while the tanks took care of the Banished MBTs.

"Noble Two, we have enemy Phantoms in our position .Where's our air-support!?"

"I'm fixing the tower control as fast I can, Commander." Noble Two responded. "I've several Banished soldiers on the east gate. It may take time. Least I can do is 2 minutes."

"Just make sure you get it operational." Carter answered.

A grunt holding two plasma grenade jumped in front of him. Carter grabbed the grunt and before the grenades explode he tossed it to an Elite and exploded.

"KILL THE DEMONS!"

Out in the open a Brute tossed a small device in front of them and started flashing red. "Enemy beacon. They're marking our position." A Marine called out.

"Retreat. Enemy artillery inbound!"

All teams outside got out of their cover and run back to the base as fast as they could as enemy artillery started bombarding the area in front. The Wraiths fired it's plasma cannons and bombarded the S.A.T.O. forces.

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

BOOM

The last shot was near Carter as he was launched forward and landed in the dirt. "Commander!" Noble Four shouted but all Carter could hear is a loud noise in his ears which sounds like a heartbeat going flatline.

"Argh." He groaned as he spotted his weapon beside him. Noble One grabbed his rifle and started to get up.

Once regaining his composure he look in front of him to see most of the tanks and AFVs are either damage or destroyed. The artillery barrage took out most of their vehicles and despite it's new shield upgrades and defense countermeasures it didn't take much to fully destroy it.

With their vehicles now destroyed and no support the humans were forces to retreat back to the base.

"Noble One, Longsword and Jackals are now on station." Noble Two reported.

"About time." Carter muttered. "Noble Six, use your TACPAD and target those enemy vehicles."

Noble Six activated his TACPAD on his left wrist and took control of the drones. "Hog 1 is in the east." Nathan fired it's GAMP 0.385 Anvil cannons taking out several enemy tanks before switching to the GAMP .018 Microlite energy Minigun and took out the infantry.

"Enemy armor neutralized good shooting. Noble Two, reposition those drones for another strafing."

"On it, Commander."

The team opened fire again as the enemy were pushed back because of the strafing. Noble Team was the first to move getting out of their cover and taking out enemies in front.

Carter was at the middle of the group holding his R3K energy rifle. He dropped down several enemies in his front before hitting an Elite in the head with his rifles stock. An Elite emerged in his front.

"Die, DEMON!" The Sangheili warrior said igniting it's energy sword.

Carter used his own ripper energy sword and parried the attack. He tripped the Elite down using a judo throw before ending it's life with a stab to the head.

Nathan and Jun were also pushing the enemy back as more Marines and Army got of their cover and started firing at the Banished.

Jun spotted three grunts running towards him with hands full of plasma grenades. Faster than the Geunts could realize he sniped them directly on the head and falls straight to the ground. The grenades exploded in front of the Banished soldiers before they could even reach their attacker.

For Nathan he took care of the Banished up close and personal. He took out an Elite using it's ripper blade by slicing it's neck. He kicked the dead Sangheili and as it fell down the unlucky Grunt behind it got crushed to death.

"AHHHH!" It shouted as the tall and bulky Sangheili warrior collapsed and squished the Grunt beneath.

Noble Six next took out his Eraser pistol and fired at two Brutes. One Brute got to close the distance and swings it's hammer down at him. Once it hits the ground he jumped forward and activated his thrusters and kicked the Brute on the neck before following up with a shot on the head with his Eraser.

"Commander, Drones are ready for tasking." Noble Two reported.

"Drones are ready to go. Waiting on you, Six."

Nathan activated his TACPAD and took control of the drones. Like before he used the Longswords and Jackals Microlite energy minigun and targeted the infantry while the heavy Anvil cannons took care of the ground and air vehicles. Unfortunately they're luck ran out as several Banshee started targeting the drones.

"Banshees. Evasive maneuvers." Noble Two said but it didn't matter as it shot down the drones. "Drone's are hit going down."

The drones crashed in front of the base making a large debris especially for the Longswords because of their enormous size. "Damn it."

Suddenly a large shadow blocks the moons reflection. "What the hell?" Jun muttered.

Looking up they spotted a large 4 legged vehicle being transported by several phantoms. "Oh shit." Jun muttered. It was none other than a Type-47B Scarab Assault Platform. The phantoms magnetic field disengages as the large walker rises up.

"Concentrate all Artillery fire on that Scarab!" A Commander yelled out as the base defense weapons fired at the huge walker. None of it even penetrated the Scarab as it kept walking towards them. The problem they were facing is that before the attack, enemy Elite managed to plant a bomb and destroyed most of the Firebase mini MAC cannons. This leaves the base vulnerable for a large attacking forces and with only infantry to support they were running out of options.

It stopped as it's focus cannon started to generate fire.

"Incoming!" The Marine Commander shouted moving out of the way.

The Scarab fired it's focus cannon destroying the Firebase wall completely. Several men and women from the walls and outpost fell off luckily for some of them they used they're exo suits and landed on ground others not so much as they were crushed by the metal wall.

"Lasky, this is Noble One. We need the XS1 Vulcan. Now!"

"Copy. Repositioning a Vulcan on your location ETA 30 seconds."

Hitting the Scarab with a direct energy focus cannon of the Vulcan can easily destroy it, but the problem is it will not easily penetrate it's armor with the energy shield still functioning.

Noble One spotted a functioning T-740 Hovertank beside him. He took control of the tank using his TACPAD. He aimed the cannon and switched to EMP, Carter fired a single shot to the Scarab disabling it completely.

"XS1 Vulcan ready for action."

"Hit it!"

Up on the sky a red light shines down and striked the Scarab piercing it's armed and destroying the core of the vehicle. The large Walker exploded and collapsed on the ground shaking the earth - or Falmart.

With the Scarab now gone and the Banished now outnumbered they were forced to retreat. The S.A.T.O. soldiers of Firebase Alpha cheered as they manage to push the enemy back with the odds against them.

Carter holstered his weapons back and reported. "Lasky, this is Noble One. The enemy has been pushed back."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 1.1K 8
Izuku Shigaraki, younger brother to Tomura Shigaraki both boys are the son of Hisashi Shigaraki, AKA All For One. Tomura has his decay quirk and trai...
4.3K 65 7
u are new to hawkins high and the first person u meet is Gareth Emerson and he convinces eddie to let u join hellfire and from then on things just go...
23K 1K 31
Noun: Future Shock [Mass Noun] [ /ˈfyo͞oCHər SHäk/ ] "A state of distress or disorientation due to rapid Social or Technological change." - Oxford En...
12.7K 471 7
The United States of an alternative history, set in the future, is transferred into an unknown world similar yet unlike Earth. Tyranny and oppression...