stollen things || c. stoll

By fanggq3

i couldn't hold off any longer. "good gods, connor. it's because i love you. you've stollen my heart." i adde... More

1.1 ~ I Fall Off A Lava Covered Cliff
1.2 ~ A 12-year-old Kicks My Ass
1.3 ~ I Eat Sand. Yum.
1.4~ I Give Hermes Some Waffles
announcement!
1.5~ Pro Tip: Don't Acquire Any Head Injuries At Summer Camp
1.7~ A Narrow Miss From Scarring The Pre-Teen
1.8~ Why Are Fireworks Such A Big Deal? And Other Unnecessary Questions
1.9 ~ The Fourth Of July
1.10 ~ Cleaning Harpies Really Need To Look Into Dishwashers
1.11 ~ The Last Day Of Summer
2.1~ From Horse To Prisoner: Our Activities Director
2.2~ A Cow Crashes My Birthday Party
2.3 ~ Demon Pigeons Attack
2.3~ Well, Shit
2.4 ~ Let's Be Honest, I'm A Capture The Flag God
2.5~ I Am Confused
2.6~ Don't Pray To Aphrodite For Help
2.7 ~ First Name Basis
2.8~ I Fight Scooby Doo Behind The Popcorn Stand
2.9~ Ring In The School Year With A Bang!
2.10 ~ I Jump Out Of A Moving Car
2.12 ~ I Am Not A Happy Camper
3.1 ~ Dead Girl Walking
3.2 ~ After This Chapter, I Am Probably On Zeus's Hitlist
3.3~ Here, Kitty Kitty!
3.3~ Cross-Country Pig
3.4 ~ The Land Without Rain
3.5~ I Eat A Dam Good Taco
3.6 ~ Percy Wrestles Ancient Santa Claus
3.7~ My Camp Director Probably Breaks The Law
3.8~ I Ride A Cow To Olympus
3.9~ Family Reunion
3.10~ This Party Is Godly
3.11 ~ NOT Cupid's Bow
4.1~ Silver Foxes and Sword Fighting
4.2 ~ My Dinner Takes A Very Unexpected Turn
4.3 ~ We Play Tag With Scorpions
4.4 ~ War Council
4.5 ~ I Make A Contract
4.6 ~Spy Kids In Real Life
4.7 ~ You've Heard Of Party Centaurs, Get Ready For Therapy Centaurs
4.8 ~ The Battle Of The Labyrinth
4.9 ~ I Overwork My Broken Leg For The Hell Of It
5.1 ~ Charlie Beckendorf
5.2 ~ We Should Get Some Vans That Have Real Seating
5.3 ~ Meet The Parents
authors note
5.4 ~ A Visit To The Pharmacist
5.5 ~ Hey, Where Did The Sun Go?
5.6 ~ Spy Kids But Actually This Time
5.7 ~ Fin
E ~ Dionysus's Warning

1.6 ~ Tree Nymphs Can Be Really Stubborn Sometimes

2.4K 79 71
By fanggq3

I wandered back to my cabin, head spinning. The quick movements combined with my headache, surely. No other reason for it. Nothing to do with being practically pressed against the sly son of Hermes I'd been trying to figure out all summer. He was already fucking with my mind and it wasn't even July yet. Stupid Hermes kids.

I finally reached the cabin and snuck inside. The bathrooms were far from Cabin Four, and before I knew it, it was almost past curfew. I'd forgotten how late the sun set in the summer. It was then that I realized my damn hair tie was gone. I sighed. Too loudly, apparently, because Katie sat up in her bed.

"Where have you been?" She asked, eyebrows raised. Damn.

"The bathroom." I said quickly. It wasn't exactly a lie. I was in the boys bathroom and I wasn't really using it, but she didn't need to know that. Not that I was a very good liar.

"Who were you with?" She sighed, looking me up and down. "Your hair is a mess, you're blushing like mad, and you're not wearing shoes."

I glanced down, and realized she was right. I'd taken my shoes off on the way back to the cabin; they were pinching my toes.
"Katie!" I hissed. "I haven't been with anyone, do you really think that low of me?"

She shrugged, not convinced. She laid down anyway, not wanting to wake anyone else up.

I climbed into my bed, not bothering to undress. I had another t-shirt for the next day.

***

The next day, I avoided Connor as much as I could, not wanting to have to talk about the other night. He didn't seem to either. Luckily, it was Friday — Capture The Flag night. After our activities we had free time, then dinner. I decided to spend my hour of free time by the strawberry fields, making light conversation with the saytrs. They were pleasant folk, but we didn't really hit it off. Surprising, considering we had so much in common.

I was standing and looking down at the plants, focusing my energy through my feet to speed up the growth of the fruit. It worked, but I had never been very strong with my powers, and after a few plants I grew tired. I wandered back to the Cabin where I sat on the front step. I was absentmindedly growing vines from where my feet were resting, and I jumped when I felt them growing up my legs.

"Oh, shi-" I started, but was quickly cut off by a voice. I thought we were avoiding each other, I thought to myself.

"I hear you have young kids in your cabin. We don't want them hearing that dirty mouth of yours." Connor winked, and held out his hand to help me up. I reluctantly took it, and shook off my feet to break the vines.

"Why do you do that?" He asked, gesturing to my vine-covered calves.

"Oh, I don't mean to. It just happens sometimes when I get distracted."

"Hm," He nodded, looking into the distance. "Well, penny for your thoughts?" I shook my head.
"It would have to be your own penny, not one you nicked off someone."

He groaned. "You're a tough one, Callaghan. Remind me not to kill you tonight," He leaned in closer. "I'll go easy on you." He patted my shoulder and walked away.

I was frozen in my spot, and exhaled. When I regained the ability to think, I made to step into the cabin and change for capture. However, I'd done it again. Vines had stuck me in place, and I tripped and fell. I didn't hit the ground though.

I had fallen into someone's arms. Again? Gods, this is embarrassing.

"We have to stop meeting like this." The boy lifted me back up and faced me towards the door.

"Stoll, you just left." He shrugged, and walked away for good this time. As soon as I stepped inside the cabin, someone shrieked.

"What? What's wrong?" I panicked, looking around for the source of the yell.

"It's him! Connor!" Katie scrambled off her bed and ran to me, shaking my shoulders.

"What are you talking about, Katie?" I frowned.

"That's where you were last night!"

My jaw dropped. "What?"

She slammed the door and pulled me behind her bed, whispering. Some girls were sitting or napping in the cabin, and she didn't want to announce this to the 13 year olds. "Oh, please! That conversation reeked of tension." She was grinning, then her face dropped. "I have mixed feelings about this. You know about the rivalry, obviously. But if you're happy, so am I."

"Katie! Slow down. There's nothing happening between us." I took her hands and picked them up off my shoulders. "We just keep running into each other. Besides, he's like that with every girl."

She shook her head. "Not with me. Or Clarisse. Or Madge, Bea, or even Silena. Silena!"

I sighed, and changed the subject. "I can't be thinking about this. We have capture tonight, and we're against Hermes. It's dinnertime anyway."

She frowned, but dropped it and let me go. So my cover was blown and I had a lot more to think about.

***

All through dinner, I forced my eyes to keep away from the Hermes table. I paid attention to other conversations at my table, and silently ate my food until the plates were cleared. A conch horn sounded and everyone started to cheer. Both team captains — Annabeth Chase and Clarisse La Rue — quickly ran out to grab the flags, before rushing back in while yelling and cheering. The flags were the same as the previous weeks'. Athena, Apollo, and Hermes: ten feet long, glittering gray, and marked with a barn owl in an olive tree.

My cabinmates booed as the other team ran circles through pavilion. Clarisse and a few others from our team followed: another ten foot long flag, but red and painted with a boar's head. Seeing as I was the most enthusiastic and aggressive Demeter kid, I whooped and cheered louder than my siblings. We ran all across camp to the armory, and I started strapping into my armor. I placed my red plumed helmet over my hair, which was plaited to the top of my head to keep it out of my eyes.

"Need help?" Connor asked, appearing behind me.

"Don't flatter yourself, Stoll." I rolled my eyes. He grabbed my helmet off my head, tossed it in the air, and handed it back.

"There. I've helped." He grinned, before turning around, grabbing his sword, and strolling away.

Head in the game, Maddy. Head in the game. I mentally reprimanded myself.

Finally, we lined up by the woods, waiting for the conch to sound again. When it did, we ran into the woods, screaming, Clarisse finally put me on offense, so I rushed up a tree, jumping from one to the other. I slipped right past the border. The only issue was the Apollo kids and their amazing hearing and aim. All I had to do was keep my bow ready and my eyes open, and I'd find the glowing fabric soon.

I could see some Hermes kids on the ground, oblivious to my presence. I passed them, and climbed even higher until I reached the very top of the tree. I willed the branches to be thicker so that I could stand more securely.

There it was. The silvery flag, strung up in a tree about 100 feet from me. I was so close, but I knew that it was probably flanked with guards both on the ground and in the trees.

It wasn't until the wind blew and I had to grab on tight to the top branch did I realize that the branches hadn't thickened. Oh, no.

I tried to jump to the next tree, but I wasn't quick enough. My tree started to move, and change shape. It shook me off and I landed flat on my back, all the way on the ground. I couldn't breathe, all the wind had been knocked out of me. I opened my eyes to see a girl in a sundress standing over me.
She had her hands on her hips and was glaring.

"Didn't your mommy ever tell you not to go around standing on top of people?" She yelled in a nasally, high-pitched voice.

"Look, Aspen. Will you keep your voice down?" I pleaded, still gasping for air.

"I will not!" The tree nymph yelled back. "You've really done it now, jumping all over me and my friends. You've gone and messed up my hair as well!"

She was right, there were more nymphs standing around me, mirroring Aspen's pose. I was trapped.

Aspen raised her hands to her mouth to form a megaphone.

"Aspen, don't you dare." I gritted my teeth, but I was dizzy from such a high fall. She ignored me, and screamed out,
"Oh, boys!" I rolled my eyes at this. Silly nymphs and their seductive ways. "I found someone for you!"

I heard rustling, no doubt someone coming for me. The nymphs other than Aspen all ran back to their usual spots, giggling.

I shut my eyes. There was no use in trying to run, I could still hardly stand up. Aspen spoke up again.

"She was standing right on top of me. She even saw your flag. I caught her for you, and kept her here." She giggled again, and I opened my eyes to see who had come to her aid. Luke Castellan. I groaned. He'd never let Cabin Four live this down. Aspen kissed him on the cheek and ran back to her spot, transforming back into a tree.

"Alright, Luke. Save it. I'll come with you and sit in your jail or whatever, just-" I started, sighing. I began to stand, but Luke's sword swung out to press against my chin first.

"You see, I would do that. Yes, I'd help you stand and we'd walk back to my flag and you'd sit down, guarded by my best guys." I rolled my eyes at this. He began to walk in circles around me, keeping his sword facing me.

"But I think I'd rather just, I don't know, keep you here. Nice and distracted, while my men go after your flag and you sit here helpless." He stepped closer, his sword now touching my neck. "Now, I know I can't kill you. I don't want to, really. But I'll just scare you and send you off running to Gardiner."

"What are you gaining from this, Castellan? This is just a game."

He shrugged. "I suppose, yes. Well, my men are probably over the border by now, and..." The conch horn blew. "Yes. Oh, and Cabin Four didn't pass inspection. Have fun getting the last shower." He ran off towards the border.

"Hey!" I yelled back to him. "That's not fair!" Damn Hermes kids. Always arrogant and weird.

I stood up and slowly walked back in the direction of the armory to meet the others.

"Where have you been?" Clarisse stalked towards me. "I thought you were supposed to be good at this!"

"Calm yourself, La Rue! I got attacked."

"How? Your job is to use the trees!"

"Yeah, well sometimes the trees can be really bitchy." I grumbled. "And turn into girls."

"You're not saying you got attacked by a wood nymph." She glared. "Of all things in the woods? Gods, you're pathetic."

"Clarisse!" I yelled as she turned away. "We're supposed to be on the same team!"

"Yeah? Well maybe next time you can ally with Hermes, you're just as insufferable as the lot of them!"
She threw down her spear and walked back to her cabin. It was clear that the conversation was over.

I took off my armor and helmet, and as I stretched down to put my bow away, I almost cried out in pain. I hadn't been paying attention to my injuries until just then. I slowly made my way across camp for medical help. Hardly anyone was there, except Lee Fletcher, who was on his way back to his cabin.

"Lee?" I called out. He jumped, not expecting anyone to be there.

"Oh! Uh, what's wrong?" He walked closer to me and helped me sit down.

"I fell out of a tree during Capture."

He sighed. "Of course you did. Alright, how high? You're still alive, so not too high, right?"

I thought for a bit. "I don't know, it was Aspen, and her tree is pretty tall."

"Aspen? Her tree isn't pretty tall, we're talking a good 30 feet, Maddy. You're lucky to be conscious right now."

I cracked a small smile. "Well, I guess moss is on my side, then."

He shook his head, laughing. "Here, have some nectar and I'll help you back to Cabin Four. What's your first activity?"

"Canoeing," I replied as we reached the cabin.

"Alright, I'll tell the Naiads to let you go for the morning so you can sleep in. I'm afraid you'll be bruised for a bit, but miraculously nothing is broken."

I thanked him, and he crossed to the Apollo cabin.

I quietly walked into the cabin and got into bed. I'd shower in the morning.

"Holy Hades, Mads!" Katie hissed. "Another boy?"

***

guys guess what guess what i'm gonna actually update this woah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

511K 17.4K 56
BOOK 1: THE TITANS CURSE โ†’ THE LAST OLYMPIAN [ includes bonus chapters!! ] percy jackson x fem!oc warning: characters DO swear!! [book 1 in the fashi...
56.3K 1.2K 14
The Giant war is over and that means peace at last, right? Wrong. Percy comes home one day to find 9 Olympian gods in his living room. Why, you may...
175K 6.4K 44
โ come on, come on, don't leave me like this i thought i had you figured out โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ two demigods, both forbidden in many different ways, f...