Chicklit & Women's Fiction |...

By ChickLit

Chicklit Flash Fiction Prompts aim to bring you weekly writing prompts, to challenge your writing abilities a... More

Introduction & FAQs
Prompt 1 || Word Prompt
Prompt 2 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 3 || Word Prompt
Prompt 4 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 5 || Word Prompt
Prompt 6 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 7 || Word Prompt
Prompt 8 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 9 || Word Prompt
Prompt 10 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 11 || Word Prompt
Prompt 12 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 13 || Word Prompt
Prompt 14 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 15 || Word Prompt
Prompt 16 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 17 || Word Prompt
Prompt 18 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 19 || Word Prompt
Prompt 20 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 21 || Word Prompt
Prompt 22 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 23 || Word Prompt
Prompt 24 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 25 || Word Prompt
Prompt 26 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 27 || Word Prompt
Prompt 28 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 29 || Word Prompt
Prompt 30 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 31 || Word Prompt
Prompt 32 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 33 || Word Prompt
Prompt 34 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 35 || Word Prompt
Prompt 36 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 37 || Word Prompt
Prompt 38 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 40 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 41 || Word Prompt
Prompt 42 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 43 || Word Prompt
Prompt 44 || Picture Prompt
Prompt 45 | Word Prompt

Prompt 39 || Word Prompt

368 20 66
By ChickLit

Hello everyone and welcome to our brand new word prompt! Remember that you are free to interpret the prompt in any manner you see fit, provided that there is a clear link between your entry and the prompt provided. You are also free to use our prompt in your own ongoing story or to kickstart a brand new one! For more information, check out our guidelines below.

WORD PROMPT:

WINNERS:

Please note that winners are not listed in any particular order. To read the rest of the amazing entries, check them out in the comments section below!

***

WINNER 1: FionaCakes91

ADAM

I felt the dread building like a fierce ball of snow, deep in the pits of my stomach. The deafening beats of my heart were the only thing I could concentrate on as it drowned out the wailing of the sirens.

I tried to steady my breathing.

Why did I come here? The dangerous streets of Seattle substantiated my parents' fear, I wasn't capable of living on my own.

"He shot Adam," I gulped as I replayed the echo of the gunshot in my head.

"What's your name?" My ears perked as I felt a warm hand on my shoulder.

"A–Alice," I stammered.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Mike and I saved you from that guy who tried to mug you." Mug me? Yes, right, that's what happened. My brain stuttered for a moment while my thoughts try to catch up. "The EMT will take a look at you."

"Thanks, Mike."

The EMT gave me a check-up, deeming me ok.

"I need Adam, where is Adam?" I cried.

"Who's Adam?"

I sobbed, unable to answer.

"Please, don't cry," Mike soothed.

New sets of sirens invaded the space, signifying that the police had arrived. I answered their questions as best as I could. "I'm sorry ma'am. We'll keep an eye out for Adam," officer Brown stated. "Would you like a ride home?"

I nodded my head. Suddenly, I felt a body pummel into my lap. "Adam, you're ok!" I beamed with relief. My hands caressed his fur, he was more than just my guide dog, he was also my best friend. I trusted him most in this God-forsaken world.

With Mike's help, I used my white cane to walk to the cop car.

"Alice, Would you like to go to dinner with me Saturday night?" Mike asked as he helped me in the car.

"Valentine's Day?"

"Ah, yes."

"Sure, Adam and I would love to."

Adam barked and Mike laughed.

"I'll pick you up at 7."

I gave him my address.

"Bye Mike and thanks again."

The engines rumbled to life as the car took off.

Adam crawled in my lap and gives me a wet kiss. My heart glowed and at that moment I knew I was home.

***

WINNER 2: Saelive

Jolly came two days late wearing her late mother's coat. Her mother was a tall European whilst she had her father's shortness, so the olive fabric of the coat's bottom brushed the tip of her boots. I asked what she was doing. She said she was busy working overtime, which was probably a lie. I didn't care enough to point it out, instead, I stared at the sea.

The sea's breeze swept silence between us. We were standing on an abandoned lookout, so while the place was overgrown, we had a view to ourselves. She leaned against the rusted rail with her body facing me.

"Why'd you come here? You haven't been in this town since high school."

"I felt a bit nostalgic."

"You said you were never going to come back here."

"You said that, I just agreed. I thought you'd like me more if I was like you."

"That seems like you." She lightly chuckled but became somber when she looked away. "I'm sorry it took me so long to come."

I held her clammy hand. "I'm just glad you came."

"Did you go home yet?"

Home to her was parents and childhood memories. Maybe that's why she didn't want to come back. Her parents were gone, and memories were only a reminder of that. My parents stayed unmoving; stuck in the same house and I often spoke fondly of our schoolgirl days, yet my heart seemed to have drifted from my hometown.

"This place isn't home."

"Where are you going then?" She asked with a playful smile.

"You'll have to take me in again."

"You hate my place. I still have trash bags on the balcony, there's no sunlight and we'd sleep on bunk beds."

"Sometimes you have to suffer to be with the person you like."

She squeezed my hand as she blushed. I quickly planted a kiss on her lips, and her embarrassed reaction made me laugh. Perhaps that was home. Not a view by the sea, her cramped apartment with no view or my parent's house. It was her. I surfed couches for comfort and returned to nostalgia for something concrete, but nothing could compete with my existence intertwined with hers.

***

WINNER 3: renrach

It's been 40 days since I've last seen Lucas. I know that because I've been counting. This is the longest we've been apart from each other since we started dating during our freshman year of high school. He had my heart long before that, though. And I had his. You see, I've known Lucas for 13 years now. His family moved to California and into the house next to mine when I was 5. He's been in my life ever since.

On my fourteenth birthday, Lucas confessed to me what I had been feeling inside for years but was too shy to admit; he told me he wanted to be with me. Two years later, reality swept in when we had to start thinking about college. New York University had always been my first choice, but Lucas was set on staying local. We were mindful of the challenges that we'd have to make if and when the time came where we'd be worlds apart.

Fast forward to today. Lucas is visiting me in New York for my birthday. I was beyond excited when he told me that he had booked his flight from California. To be honest, I've been missing my family and friends tremendously.

I see him. He's making his way through the sliding doors of my dorm building as I wait by the security desk. His wavy brown hair is slightly gelled back, giving me a better look at his stunning green eyes. He's wearing a Nike sweatsuit and still looks like a model. I made sure to dress up, opting for a navy blouse, jeans shorts, a pair of beige booties. I also might've added a bit more makeup than usual.

When our eyes lock, he runs towards me with his arms wide-open. I dash to him, wrapping my arms around his neck, and he lifts me into the air. There's something about Lucas that brings me comfort, security, warmth. I close my eyes, inch my body closer to his, and know that I'm home when my lips meet his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

247K 7.8K 175
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
161K 8.2K 17
ABHIMANYU RATHORE is 28 years old. He belongs to Royal family. He is the oldest son in Rathore family. He is the CEO of Rathore Enterprise. He is the...
190K 4.4K 54
❝ i loved you so hard for a time, i've tried to ration it out all my life. ❞ kate martin x fem! oc
79.9K 3.4K 21
فيصل بحده وعصبيه نطق: ان ماخذيتك وربيتك ماكون ولد محمد الوجد ببرود وعناد : ان مارفضتك ماكون بنت تركي !