Our Ever-Lasting Love (Amours...

By Bc34Valor

Amourshipping Story - (AshxSerena) Ash begins his training for the World Coronation Series Tournament. The w... More

Information
Prologue
Chapter 1: The Gathering
Chapter 2: Brock & Misty
Chapter 3: The Straw-Hat Girl
Chapter 4: Ash vs. Brock (Part I)
Chapter 5: Ash vs. Brock (Part II)
Chapter 6: A Pallet Town Arrival
Chapter 7: Ketchum-Style Reunion
Chapter 8: Gary's Mysterious Pokémon
Chapter 9: The Abandoned Audino
Chapter 10: Visiting the Lumiose Siblings
Chapter 11: Rebirth of a Bond
Thank You!🎉
Chapter 12: The Package
Chapter 13: A Call with Clemont
Chapter 14: Double Trouble
Chapter 15: Flight to Kalos
Chapter 16: Perform and Conquer
Chapter 17: One Big Coincidence
Chapter 18: Ash at Serena's Performance
Chapter 19: Reunion of Amour
Chapter 20: Our First "Real" Date
Chapter 21: Promise Between Us
Chapter 22: The Hotel Experience
Chapter 23: A Night with Her
Chapter 24: Aftermath of an Intense Night
Chapter 26: The Lapras Festival (Part I)
Chapter 27: The Lapras Festival (Part II)
Chapter 28: Bonnie's New Friend
Chapter 29: The Heracronite Search
Author's Note ✏
Chapter 30: Shamus Returns
Chapter 31: Evolution by Fire x2!!!
Chapter 32: A Day Before Departure
Author's Note 2 ✏
Chapter 33: Goodbye Kalos!
Author's Note 3 ✏
Author's Note 4 ✏

Chapter 25: Memories at Coumarine

5K 72 61
By Bc34Valor

"Wow! Coumarine City looks like a very busy city!" May exclaimed as she looked around the city.

Ash, Serena, and the rest of the group had just gotten off the monorail from the Lumiose City Station. They have finally arrived at Coumarine City. But to their surprise, the city seemed busier than usual. They could see people and Pokémon happily setting up decorations and talking to one another.

"Normally, Coumarine City isn't usually this busy." Clemont commented, while adjusting his glasses. "If I had to guess, some type of celebration must be taking place here."

"What are they celebrating this time?" Serena asked out loud. The last time she came to this city with her friends, Coumarine City was hosting a festival revolving around the giant pledging tree. That day was one of her favorites since she got to spend time alone with Ash. It was almost as if it was like a-

"Hey, remember when we had our first unofficial date here?" Ash asked his girlfriend so suddenly. This caught Serena by surprise.

"Huh? Y-you counted that as a date?" Serena's voice squeaked with surprise in her voice.

"Yeah, Didn't you?" Ash smiled. "I mean, we were all alone right, and isn't that what dates are? We even left all our Pokémon with Clemont and Bonnie for the day."

"Oh yeah! That was a fun day!" Bonnie chimed in, happily. "Even Though it was a festival to give gifts to Pokémon, Serena got two presents! A blue ribbon from Ash, and then Mrs. Grace even gave Serena a beautiful dress!"

Serena blushed, then instinctively rubbed her blue ribbon as she looked back up at Ash's face. "Yeah. I'm just surprised that you thought of it as a date, that's all. That day was very important to me because you gave me one of my most precious possessions."

Now it was Ash's turn to blush. He rubbed the back of his head and grinned. "Yeah, it's important to me too..."

"Oh! Oh! Did you know Ash was the one who made sure you two were alone that day?" Bonnie blurted out. This caused the eyes of Ash and Clemont to widen. Serena looked confused and then looked at Ash.

"What is she talking about Ash?" Serena asked him.

...

"Well... I guess it has been three years. I guess I should just reveal the truth..." Ash said with a sigh. He looked at Clemont, who gave him a reassuring nod.

"The truth is, the night before the Pledging Tree Festival, Clemont and I planned for you and me to be alone when we go shopping for gifts for our Pokémon." Ash admitted with a blush on his face.

"I-I don't understand... we didn't know about the festival until the day of-"

"Well you and Bonnie may not have known beforehand, but Clemont and I sure did. You see, the night before the Pledging Tree Festival, Clemont and I were discussing our future gym battle against each other in the Pokémon Center Lobby. That's when Nurse Joy approached us and informed us about the Pledging Tree Festival that would be taking place in the city. She told us that we could either buy, make, or find something for our Pokémon and then place it up at that big tree. We thought that it sounded like a great experience, so we decided that we should participate. Clemont thought of making something for his Pokémon, so I got the idea of having him and Bonnie watch over our Pokémon at the Pokémon Center, while the two of us went shopping without them." Ash explained.

Serena was just silent as she took in Ash's information.

"However, it seems that we didn't notice that a certain nosy girl was eavesdropping on us that night..." Clemont added in while giving a glare at Bonnie. "Actually weren't you with Serena in the room at the time?"

"I was, but..." Bonnie began.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Flashback...

"Your Fennekin is so cute!" Bonnie squealed as she watched Serena brush the fire fox Pokémon's fur. It was smooth and glossy looking.

"I know, that's why I wanted a Fennekin as my starter Pokémon. Best choice of my life." Serena said with a big smile.

"Fena!" Fennekin barked happily.

"You sure the best choice of your life isn't going to be asking Ash out on a date?" Bonnie teased with a big grin.

"Bonnie! Don't say that! What if Ash and Clemont walk back into the room?" Serena scolded with an annoyed face. Her face turned into one of worry as she checked the door.

"Relax... big brother and Ash are outside doing night training. Clemont will be his next gym battle at Lumiose City, remember?" Bonnie said.

"What a relief." Serena sighed. "But still, don't say things like that so casually."

"Why? We both know it's true. Ash may be a tough cookie to get through. You know, since he is dense." Bonnie said. She then redirected her eyes towards Dedenne, who was laying on top of her head. Bonnie was wearing her Tyrantrum onesie.

"Well, only you and I know that. I will try to confess when I'm ready." Serena said as she finished brushing Fennekin.

"Fenne! Kin!" Fennekin cried out happily. She nuzzled Serena's face as thanks and then went into her Poké Ball.

"Hey Serena. I'm going down to the kitchen to get some warm milk." Bonnie said as she got out of the bed.

"Okay, I'll be in the bathroom." Serena responded.

Bonnie scooped up Dedenne and walked out of the room they shared. She closed the door behind her and walked down the Pokémon Center stairs. However, before she made it to the kitchen she could hear two familiar male voices.

"Look Dedenne..." Bonnie pointed out to the orange electric mouse Pokémon. "Ash and Clemont are talking about something, I wonder what they are talking about."

"Ne-ne..." Dedenne squeaked with a whisper. Bonnie then got a sneaky idea.

"Let's spy on them!" Bonnie said with a grin. She then snuck behind a large potted plant and crouched down. She was within hearing distance.

Bonnie heard about Ash and Clemont talking about the Pledging Tree Festival, which got her excited. She found it cute that Ash wanted to shop with Serena. Maybe he likes her back?

'Nah, he's too dense...' Bonnie thought as she dismissed the idea.

She remained quiet, since she wanted to hear more out of the conversation. Then Ash and Clemont started talking about his inventions, which began to bore Bonnie to death. She was about to leave and return to the room, but stopped when she heard Clemont ask a question.

"So, are you planning to ask Serena to be your girlfriend tomorrow?" Clemont asked his raven-haired friend.

This question nearly caused Ash to spit out the water he was drinking. Luckily, it didn't hit Clemont.

Bonnie's eyes widened. Ash did like Serena back!

Ash placed down his glass of water and sighed. "I don't know Clemont. These feelings are still somewhat weird to me." Ash then looked up at the ceiling. "Besides, I don't know if she even likes me back..."

"Don't worry Ash. I may not be an expert on girls, but I think Serena likes you." Clemont reassured with a smile.

"You mean like how Korrina likes you?" Ash teased in response. Clemont immediately blushed.

"Uhh..." Clemont was embarrassed and could not form words. Ash laughed, but then made a serious face.

"Don't worry about it, Clemont. Whatever happens tomorrow, happens." Ash said, as he got up from his seat. "Anyways, maybe we should get to bed. Tomorrow is the festival, after all."

Clemont smiled at him and nodded as he also sat up from his seat.

Bonnie quickly rushed back into the bedroom before Ash and Clemont could notice her spying on them. She did not dare say anything to Serena about it, just to be respectful to Ash. But Bonnie hoped that he and Serena would become a couple eventually.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

End of Flashback...

"I thought it was soooo cute~" Bonnie squealed, as she finished retelling her perspective of the event. Even Dedenne popped out to squeak in agreement.

"Who knew Ash Ketchum could be sooo romantic." May and Dawn said in unison. This earned a few laughs.

Serena just remained silent, which started to frighten Ash. How would she react to this revelation of his?

"S-Serena?"

Suddenly, Serena threw herself at Ash in an embrace, snuggling her head onto his chest. Ash returned the embrace, by wrapping his arms around her waist. Serena looked up, with tears in her eyes.

"Y-you did that all for me?" Serena asked with a sniffle.

Ash lightly chuckled and replied, "Of course. Also to be honest with you, I was also trying to buy you a gift that day too. That's kind of why I ditched you for most of the day, sorry about that."

Everyone, except Ash and Serena dropped down in a face fault.

"Okay Ash! That was not so romantic of you!" Dawn criticized. May nodded furiously in agreement.

"I may have failed to buy her a gift, I luckily remembered the blue ribbon I got as a prize. So I gave her that instead. I wanted to show her how much she meant to me." Ash said in his defense.

"Awe~" Grace, Bonnie, May, and Dawn squealed. This time Serena's own mother joined in.

'Man, if Shauna, Miette, and Nini were here, they would be fangirling more often.' Calem thought in his head. He shook his head amusingly.

"Thank you. That day was one of the most cherished moments of my life." Serena said with a happy smile.

"For me too..." Ash said as he smiled back sincerely.

"But... what are they celebrating right now anyways?" Drew asked seriously, changing the conversation.

The group then noticed a familiar old man on a Gogoat approaching them.

"Hello, youngins and whippersnappers." Ramos greeted, as he went towards the group on his trusty Gogoat. He then noticed Ash, Serena, Clemont, and Bonnie. "Oh my, it's been ages since I last saw some of you."

"It's great to see you again Ramos. What's happening this time?" Ash said as he looked around to see decorations and people setting up.

"We are celebrating the Lapras Festival." Ramos answered with a smile.

"Lapras Festival?" May asked, curious about some of the traditions of the region.

"You see, every four or so years, a large school of Lapras would migrate here from another region around this time of year." Ramos explained. "They tend to come here to the seas of Coumarine City."

"I read about the Coumarine City Lapras Festival in an article once. There would be a large celebration filled with food and games in honor of the Lapras that come to visit the Kalos Region from distant regions. People here would also buy or make gifts for the Lapras." Grace said.

"That's correct." Ramos said with a nod. "The Lapras Festival is one of our most cherished traditions, next to the Pledging Tree Festival that is."

"Oh wow, that sounds like fun!" Ash remarked and then glanced at Pikachu. "What do you think buddy?"

"Pika-chu!" Pikachu squeaked in agreement.

"Oh can we participate? I want to give presents to the Lapras too!" Bonnie exclaimed. She then looked expectantly at Clemont. "Can we Clemont?"

"Well, that depends on everyone else. We did come here to go to the pharmacy, after all." Clemont said.

"Don't worry about it. Serena and I will be the ones going there. You kids have fun." Grace said with a smile. "Besides, it won't take long, so we will join you later."

"Yay! Thank you!" Bonnie said happily as she jumped up and down like a little kid. Everyone looked at the little girl amusingly. She may have aged and grown taller during the last three years, but she still had her kid-like bubbly personality.

"Hahaha... you young ones bring a smile to my face. Anyhow, I must get ready for the preparations." Ramos said as he waved them a farewell and left on his Gogoat.

"See you, later Ramos!" Ash called out and waved.

"Okay, Serena. Are you ready to go?" Grace asked as she turned to look at the honey-blonde girl.

"One second." Serena responded, as she then turned to Ash. "Ash, can you watch over Pikachu for me?"

"Sure thing. Anything for you." Ash said with a thumbs up.

Serena smiled and gently placed her Pikachu on Ash's unoccupied shoulder. She then went up to his face and gave him a peck on the lips. "See you later today, sweetie."

"Bye Sere." Ash replied as he gave her a peck on the lips in return.

Serena smiled and then walked away with her mother towards the local Coumarine City Pharmacy to get her birth control pills.

"Sere? Is that her nickname?" Calem asked the raven-haired boy. Ash nodded.

"Yeah, I came up with it sometime yesterday."

"Aww~" Bonnie, May, and Dawn squealed.

Ash groaned. He might have to get used to the girls squealing a lot more often now. Drew and Barry passed him a smirk, as if to say, "Welcome to my world, buddy."

"Okay, so how about we do some shopping for the Lapras?" Dawn suggested to the group.

"Oh yes! I want to go too! How about you big brother?" Bonnie said, looking at Clemont. Clemont sweatdropped.

"W-well, I-"

"You are going!" Bonnie insisted. Clemont just sighed in response. No use arguing with his sister this time.

"Great!" May chimed in as she got a good hold on her boyfriend, Drew. "Let's go!"

Drew, Barry, and Clemont groaned as they knew the consequences of shopping with young women. Especially their own girlfriends.

"Aww here we go again, Drew..." Barry moaned, clearly not excited for what the girls will drag them into.

'Good thing Korrina isn't here.' Clemont thought with a sigh. He then looked at Bonnie. However, Bonnie is still quite the shopper despite her age. Especially for toys and things for her Pokémon.

"Ash, Calem. Are you two coming along?" Bonnie asked the two boys. Ash was about to give the girl an answer, but Calem beat him to it.

"Well, I don't know about Ash. But I'm going to go check out if Emma is home." Calem said.

"Wait, your girlfriend lives in Coumarine City?" Ash asked him.

"Mhm. I don't know if she's home though. I'm going to go check. After that, I'll see what gifts I can get for the Lapras. But I'll meet you at the festival."

With that, Calem waved a goodbye to the group and headed off his own way. This left Ash and the two Pikachu with the rest of the group.

"So Ash. How about you?" Dawn asked.

Ash thought for a moment. "Well I think you guys should go ahead and shop. I'm going to check around to see if I can find anything for the Lapras myself. I might go check on Serena later."

"If you insist, bye." Dawn said with a shrug. Dawn, May, and the rest of the group went towards the shopping mall of Coumarine City.

"We will meet you at the Lapras meeting site!" May yelled out. The boys looked at Ash with envy, as he managed to go shopping on his own.

"Okay sounds great!" Ash yelled back, before the group disappeared into the city.

"So..." Ash started as he looked at the Pikachu on his shoulders. "Where should we go from here?"

"Pika..." his Pikachu shrugged, also not knowing what to do.

Ash then made a determined face. "Well, it's been a while since we've been here. Let's explore around."

"Chu!" both Pikachu squeaked with agreement.

Ash and the Pikachu started to walk around the streets of Coumarine City, which was quite busy with people decorating and setting up. Near the bushes of where Ash and the group were last talking, a particular trio of "bad guys" were listening in.

"A Lapras Festival. How interesting..." Jessie commented with interest.

"How about we forget Pikachu and capture all those Lapras for the boss." James suggested. He then pulled out a device. "With this weightless special net, we can capture a large group of Lapras and carry them back to headquarters."

"We can't forget the jet boosters we installed into the balloon." Jessie added.

"The boss will reward us for all the Lapras dat for sure." Meowth said, while rubbing his paws together. He began daydreaming about being the boss's top cat.

"Earth to Meowth. Earth to... MEOWTH!" Jessie repeated and slapped the scratch cat Pokémon out of his daydream.

"Heh?!?" Meowth grunted as he snapped out of it. He saw Jessie and James looking at him with disapproval on their faces.

"Ugh. Now we have to repeat the plan, since a certain someone wasn't listening." James groaned.

"Sorry about that pals." Meowth apologized with embarrassment.

"If this heist is to be successful, we need to plan ahead of time, so let's go." James said. Jessie and Meowth nodded as their Meowth hot air balloon lifted them away.

"Wobbuffet!" Wobbuffet cried out.

Back with Ash and the Pikachu, Ash was looking around the shops and stalls for something the Lapras might like. Ash was struggling to find something for the Lapras, which came to no surprise since he could barely shop for himself at times.

"If I were to be a Lapras, what would I like?" Ash thought out loud. Suddenly, Ash experienced a flashback and remembered his own Lapras that he once had when he traveled through the Orange Islands with Misty and Tracey.

'I wonder where Lapras is right now...'

Ash sighed at the memories and then continued window shopping with determination to find a gift for the school of Lapras. Ash took a quick glance at the pledging tree, which was in his sights. He remembered how Serena inspired him and motivated him when he couldn't find gifts for his Pokémon. He thought he was the luckiest person in the world to have a girl like her.

Ash then made a determined face and did a fist pump in the air. He won't give up till it's over.

To be continued... 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 21.2K 67
5 years after Ash's death, the ultimate Pokémon tournament is being held. All the best trainers are competing in it. A mystery masked trainer suddenl...
81.6K 2K 21
Ash Ketchum is an "ordinary" 18-year-old boy who has just graduated from Kanto High. Everything in his depressing world changes when he receives an...
31K 636 23
As the Kalos gang continue to travel around the region, one little change of mind would trigger several emotional thoughts and revelations, and cause...
345K 5.8K 34
What would have happened to Serena and Ash if Serena hadn't watched the News on the day Ash saved Garchomp? After travelling though Kalos without enc...