What's eating you?

By ButterflyDoll

~*~ Warning this story may be triggering!~*~ In today's world, skinny is beautiful. Skinny people get it bett... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Author's Note

Chapter 23

6.1K 211 19
By ButterflyDoll

* Jacky's POV*

I couldn't tell how long we had been driving, but it seemed like a eternity. My legs ached from being cramped in the middle of a smelly old rust bucket for a truck, and  my stomach twisted in painful knots with each agonizing mile we grew closer to the new house. I tried to sleep half of the time, but every time I tried, my mind would drift into unpleasant thoughts about Jaz or end smashing into the dash board in front of me, because I would end up leaning too far forward, trying to sleep the ride away.

"Only a few more exits!" My mother gripped the steering wheel tighter as a bright smile crossed her face. I clenched my fingers in to a tight fist and exhaled a long slow breath. It's going to be alright, I repeated to myself. Jaz was going to to help, and I'm going to get better, and everything would slowly start to fall back into place.

I glanced out the side window and sucked in a hard breath. Rolling hills, replaced sprawling neighborhoods. Quiet back roads, replaced the traffic filled streets I had grown up with. " Are we living on a farm?" I turn to face my father and he gave me a tight smile.

"No, but it's pretty close too it. We'll be live in Shay Brook, it's a little town. Pretty peaceful if you ask me." My mother turned off the highway, gave a burst of laughter. 

"We are finally here!" We bounced down the road for, what seemed longer than ten minutes, when finally mom pulled into a dirt drive way.

I stared out the wind shield, gawking at the beautiful looming log house before me. The roof was arched at a perfect angle that gave the house the perfect cabin feeling, just what my mom always dreamt of.

"Wow." Was all I could say.

"I know! Wait to get inside, and Jacky me and your father have a surprise for you, come on!" My mom tugged on my arm like a eager child.

She pushed open the light oak wood door. It swung openly slowly revealing a beautiful entrance. Two spiral staircase set on either side of a wooden banister, framed the foyer like two large arms. My mouth hung open as my eyes jumped from wall to wall. The house may have been empty and bare, but something about it gave it a a calming presence.

"Come on Jacky, you haven't even seen the best part of the house." My mom wrapped her arm around my waist and lead me through a long hallway.

"This is your studio." My mother gently grasped the small brass knob in her hand and pushed the door open. 

It felt as if my heart flew right out of my chest. Art easels  sat against the cream color walls, pain sat perfectly on the large mahogany desk. I slowly entered the room, letting everything about this room sink in. I ran my fingers across the desk and felt the cold smoothness of the wood. I turned to look back at my mother when two large mirrors caught my eyes. They where like something you would see in a ballet studio. The mirror covered the whole back wall, from floor to ceiling. 

"Your father wants to take those down, but to do that we would have to take out the whole wall, and that's gonna cost a lot of money, we really don't have right now." My mother cupped my hands gently and stared at the two reflection in the mirror. " But we'll figure it out some how."

I was quiet for a moment and gave a gentle smile. " I'll be okay. Besides, I have so much drawing and painting to do, I won't even be paying any attention too those stupid things." Something glinted behind my mother's eyes, I couldn't tell if it was fear, or trust. Maybe it was just a mix of both.

" I would still feel better once you start to hanging your painting up over them." My mother placed her hand on the mirror and slowly dragged it away.

 "Come on sweet pea, we have so much more house to show you!" My mother gently grasped my wrist and pulled me away from the menacing mirrors.

My dad suddenly stumbled into the house carrying a large box. " I guess I'll start unpacking myself! No! It's fine! Really!" He huffed as he dropped the box, and kicked it against the wall.

"I'll help you in a minute John! I have to show Jacky, the rest of the house." My mom made a grand sweeping motion with her free hand.

"Fine, just hurry. I never realized we had so much junk, and I feel by the time we unload everything, I'll have blown out my back for good."

I gave my mom hand a tight squeeze and mustered up the best smile I could. " Mom I'll look around myself, go help dad." I didn't realize my voice was so shaky, until I spoke.

My mom pursed her lips into a hard line and narrowed her eyebrow into a squinted fashion. " Fine." She grasped my hand tightly, then pulled away.

"Don't pull that box out yet! Everything going to come falling down!" My mother pointed a accusing finger at my father.

"Well then come help me!" I heard a crashing sound, and a womanly squeal.

"John! I told you!" The front door slammed shut, and I was left standing in the grand entrance all alone.

I carefully turned on my heels and stared at the two looming stair cases. Ice cold fear began to flood my chest. What could be lurking up stairs? More mirrors? I could feel my heart pick up the pace as  I gently grasped the smooth rail and took a tentative step forward. Everything seemed to shift under me, making my legs wobble out from underneath me. The stairs seems to become longer and more steeper, looking more evil than ever.

Failure.

I tighten my grip and hauled my self up any step. I was going to make it, I would always keep moving forward, never looking back. 

You'll never escape me.

My knuckles began to act as focused on the end of the stairs. I narrowed my eye and leaned all of my weight on to my good leg and took another step forward.

Three,four,five.

Five down, only nine left. Come on Jacky, you can do this. 

Six, seven, eight.

Only one more , you can do this. I loosen my grip slightly and smiled. I casted my eyes at my fingers and recoiled in horror.  My knuckles, swollen and disgusting color yellow. My fingers bent inward, the skin a splotchy color purple.

I released the railing, almost stumbling back down the stairs. I clawed at the carpet and tucked my head in between my arms. I drew in a ragged breath and raised a shaky hand, slowly pulling myself forward. 

I felt someone gently grasped. I blinked a few times to regain vision, but I could faintly make out the boyish frame. 

"I got you Jacky."

I slowly stagger to shaky feet, and  rolled back my shoulders. I slowly lifted my foot and took the final step up the stairs. I ran my hand across the banister as I shuffled myself down the narrow hallway. The walls seemed to narrow, the further I walked. The world around me seemed to slow to a stop, as I gently grasped the brass door handle. The egg shell white, door had my name etched into it with a light purple fancy script. 

I pushed open the door and gasped in shock. The walls where painted a light gray color, a purple trimming raced around the room. I took a tentative step into the room, my head spinning. Butterflies and script filled every inch of the walls.

"You, yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection". -Buddha

"Only you can set you free."- Tate

"NoBODY is perfect." -Jaz

"I fought through the darkness, but now I see the light." - Darren Deese

I laid my gently on Darren's name, and felt the tears prick at the back of my eyes. Each butterfly was filled with words of life, and love.

"So you like your room?" My mom's voice startled me.

I struggled to find the right words. I beyond love my room, this was the room I always dreamt about.

"Yes." I choked in a feeble voice. God, there was so much I wanted to say. I wanted to tell my mom, how much this meant for me. How much everything is going to change, now that we have a fresh start. But all I could muster up, was yes.

"Good, cause it took forever to do those butterflies. Each one was done by hand, same with all the writing."

I turned toward my mom and wrapped my arms tightly around her waist. " It's beautiful." I mumbled.

"Just like you." She whispered on my hair

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

395K 27.4K 33
What happens when you grow up wearing clothes that are too small or way too big, or wear hand me down clothes passed on from family, get teased by yo...
163 38 22
Alexithymia, in the best state a person can experience a hardship in describing or expressing feeling, but in the worst case, the patient can not fee...
42.2K 1.2K 37
A girl who has been called chubby her whole life. By everyone. She wants to be a model; thinking it might make her pretty and people would stop call...
20.1K 814 24
"Skinny girls are bitches" "Skinny girls don't eat" "Skinny girls are evil" "Skinny girls have no meat" This story is of the perspective of the skinn...