ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
REVELATION
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
LUCIUS
THE ROR
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
A NIGHT TO REMEMBER
ON THE RUN
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
GRINGOTTS
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

ANDROMEDA COMES HOME

5K 160 35
By ninithewriter

____

Ethaline didn't go into the house that night, she stayed with her dragons just as they slept. Azura was the only one away awake with her, trying to push the bowl of food towards her.

"I don't want food Azura," Ethaline sighed, holding herself as she leaned on the dragon. "I just..."

The sound of leaves crunching beneath someone's shoe startled her and they all immediately got up, Ethaline grabbed her wand, her heart racing before she saw who it was.

"It's just me." Harry said quietly, holding something in his hands as the dragons lowered their guard down and laid back down.

Harry held candy cakes, "Had the twins bring them from your favorite store." He said as he sat down next to her. "Where we went with Sirius."

Ethaline moved away from him.

Harry shook his head, "Don't..." he whispered, "Don't distance yourself from me."

"How couldn't I?" Ethaline's voice cracked. "I became the one thing I always feared. A murderer." She whispered, "It wasn't me who did it physically but I gave the order—"

"To protect the people." Harry chimed in, "You didn't do it for pleasure, you did it to protect people—innocent people."

   Harry couldn't see her as the murderer everyone else seemed to see, he couldn't. Just as he couldn't feel any different towards her then when he last saw her at the train station. He was worried, worried that she would cut herself off from him the same way he had done to her multiple times in the past when they were friends.

   They weren't good at communicating their emotions, they weren't good at doing normal things that people in a relationship do. Sometimes, the feeling of being hugged was more than enough—overfilling even. They craved human emotions like no one else and that's why a lot of their moments together are intense because their human need to feel something and express it was overpowering.

"Still..." Ethaline whispered, "There's no going back."

"Just forward." Harry said, scooting closer, "Let me hold you."

"No."

"Come here," he snapped quietly, wrapping his arms around her as she finally gave in.

"This is nice..."

Ethalien broke into a smile, "I missed you." She whispered, "There wasn't a single day that went by without me thinking about the great chosen one."

"I happen to have that affect on people." Harry joked, earning a shove from Ethaline.

There was a moment of silence, the two of them sitting together and holding the other as Azura let out a low whimper, smoke coming out of her nostrils as she looked at them with one eye. "I know Azura..." Ethaline whispered, "I miss her to."

"I don't understand how Minister Fudge couldn't find you," Harry started, "I mean you're underage and did magic."

"It wasn't until my emergency use of it that I realized he had bend the rules for me." Ethaline admitted, "I was helping a muggle city, their bridge was collapsing and I used magic to sustain it long enough to get people off of it. Afterwards I used the short term memory charm."

She shrugged, "No one came for me."

Harry gripped the grass beneath him, smoke coming out of his mouth with every breath he took because of how cold it was. Azura lit a fire for them. "I..." Harry started, trying to find the words he needed to console her.

But Ethaline knew him.

"I know." She whispered, snuggling closer into him and wincing, "just hold me."

And he did.

"Goodnight Potter."

"Goodnight Malfoy."

______

Early the next morning Ethaline stirred awake after sleeping with Harry on the soft ground, her dragons keeping the two of them warm as their wings provided a roof.

She moved her hands around, dreading to open her eyes before she groaned softly and tried to turn back around, avoiding the incoming sun when—

Cling! Clink!

Ethakine's eyes shot open, he didn't, that son of a mother didn't—she thought as she turned around and saw herself chained down. He did.

"Harry Potter!"

Harry Potter poured some pipping hot water into two glasses of tea, before adding three sugars and milk just like she liked it. Molly Weasley was on autopilot mode, her hands zombie like as it was so early and she was making everyone breakfast but Harry was already wide awake.

"What's with the yelling?" Ron asked, rubbing his eyes as he made his way down the stairs followed by everyone else in the house.

"That would be my lovely girlfriend," Harry said, carrying a tray and dangling magical keys, "cursing my name out for everyone to hear once she realizes she's been chained."

"Are you mad?" Ginny asked, "She'll come after all of us."

"Nothing new then, huh Ginny?" Harry took a jab at her, "I'll see you guys in a bit." He said before he made his way out.

Ethakine glared at him from a distance, "Did you hit your head or something? Are you insane?!" She said, shaking the chains and let out a frustrated groan.

"It's the only think that would keep you from getting up in the morning and leaving." Harry shrugged, "I brought up tea. I thought we could go on a walk or something, eat some candy cakes and just spend time together...just you and I,"

"Harry, you can't seriously be trying to set up a date while I'm being held against my will and trying to leave to protect you all!"

"Hm, maybe I should go with you." Harry said, sitting across from her, "Maybe we could take that trip you wanted—"

Ethaline let out a frustrated sigh, "Why aren't you listening to me?!"

"Because I don't want you to leave again." Harry said, this time a little more serious. "You've been running all summer while I've been taking train rides because I was bored! I won't let you go again."

"That isn't your choice to make." Ethaline said, "Keeping me here will only put people in danger."

"I worked that bit out." Harry said, hesitating to take a step forward, "Summoned Dumbledore at the crack of dawn, he's placed protective charms around the Burrow. You'll be safe here until the end of summer when we go back to Hogwarts."

"It won't stop Bellatrix from trying," Ethaline said, "She'll do anything to bring me back—dead or alive Harry and she'll kill anyone who gets in her way."

"My sister is quite the dramatic, then again from what I hear so are you." An unknown person said.

Ethaline froze, not turning around as Harry stood up slowlu, "You came." He said in disbelief, "I didn't think you'd actually come."

"Wotcher cousin!" Tonks said, apparating next to her mother as Ethaline closed her eyes.

"I'm not your bloody cousin—"

Nobody spoke as Ethaline turned around slowly, her eyes fixiating on the woman with dark hair and blue eyes, her eyes tired yet gleaned with happiness as her daughter stood there with a smile.

"I guess..." Ethaline started slowly, "Being dramatic runs in the family." She exhaled quietly.

"Isn't that right Andromeda?" Ethaline asked

Andromeda reached to undo the chains, Azura and the others growling as Tonks shielded her. Ethaline apologized, "I'm sorry, anyone who isn't...well me is deemed a threat. Azura—stand down...for now."

The dragons laid back down, but keeping their eyes on the people as they got closer to Ethaline. "I'd advise not to undo the chains just yet," Harry said, "I've got a little bit of life in me and don't want to leave just yet."

Ethaline glanced at him, a smile threatening to show as Andromeda waved the chains off. The first thing Ethaline did was rush towards Harry and wrapped her arms around him, the two of them stumbling back slightly. "If you're ever going to tie me up," Ethaline whispered into his ear, "I'd like it just to be the two of us and with silk, it doesn't leave marks."

Harry gulped, his hands resting at her waist as he nodded, "Yes ma'am." He whispered, biting his lip slightly before Ethaline pulled away and turned around.

"Where were we."

___

Molly Weasley had allowed them to use the living room to talk, everyone gathered around except Mr. Weasley who was at work and wouldn't be back for some time while the two spoke.

Harry and Ethaline sat next to each other, away from everyone else as she retold her summer. Andromeda didn't react for most for it, she knew her sister Bellatrix and wouldn't put anything past her. Tormenting a child, her nephew, was nothing she wouldn't do.

After a moment of silence, Andromeda spoke up, "Who else knows this?"

"Just you, all of you." Ethaline said, "Though I'm sure Aura's sent to investigate the fires already put two and two together."

Tonks shook her head, "Even if they had, you acted out of bravery and saved those people. You won't be penalized for it." She said as Ethaline sat back slightly.

"So no Azkaban?"

"No Azkaban." Tonks confirmed.

Ethaline turned to Harry, "See that?"

Harry closed his eyes for a brief second, shaking his head, "I would have visited you." He said, playing along as everyone else chuckled and shook their heads.

"Ethaline," Andromenda said quietly, "I need to have a word with you outside, alone."

Ethaline tensed slightly but nodded, excusing herself as she soothed out her dress and allowed for Harry to help her up, her wound still hurting. Harry stayed back reluctantly, not yet ready to let her go before she gave him a reassuring look.

Molly handed her a cane, only the gesture was enough to create extension in the room. Instantly Ethaline mind flashed to Lucius, his serpent cane that hit the floor and made a thunder like sound that echoed throughout the empty Manor.

After what felt like an eternity, Ethaline took the silver cane and thanked her quietly before she made her way out the door.

Everyone turned to Molly after they had left.

The plump woman gave them an apologetic look, "It's all I could find."

Andromeda Tonks and Ethaline Malfoy walked along the property, a silence filled the air as Ethaline moved the cane with every step forward, her mind recalling the time she thought she'd get a cane because of how hard it was to climb the mountain from Hogwarts.

"Your mother..." Andromeda whispered, her tone taking Ethaline by surprise.

"She's well," Ethaline replied, "Last I saw her at least. Now? I imagine not so much, probably doing the laundry for the Dark Lord and his robes." She muttered.

"Without your fathers protection, I fear they'll be in danger. She and Draco." Andromeda said, ignoring her humor as Ethaline shrugged, gripping the cane harder.

"They get what they deserve after what they did to me." She spat bitterly, "I have to admit, your concern regarding her well being is...confusing."

Andromeda sighed, "It's complicated," she replied quietly, "Before she became his wife, she was...she was my sister."

Ethaline heard the crack in her voice, "Well your sister was an accomplice to murders, sat idly by while Lucius enlisted prejudice laws towards anyone who wasn't pure—one of which affects the man Tonks likes. Not to mention she stood by and allowed my father to threaten my free will when I said I wouldn't join their ranks—need I go on?" She asked, stopping in her tracks.

"No," Andromeds said sharply, "I just wished to tell you that my sister, when she goes desperate—a feeling she doesn't know let alone handle to well—she would do anything to protect her children."

"Child," Ethaline said, "Narcissa is not my mother."

Andromeda nodded slowly, scanning the girls face and seeing no chance in getting through. "Very well," She whispered, "My home is always open for you."

"Thank you." Ethaline bowed, "It means more than you'll ever know." She said sincerely as Andromeda smiled.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

794 60 27
Your brother, Harry Potter absolutely hates the Malfoy's, Mainly Draco Malfoy. But you just can't seem to shake Draco from your head. You and Draco h...
1.3M 33.3K 41
𝗕𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝟭 Kiara Malfoy, twin sister of Draco Malfoy, was a Malfoy but, unlike any other. From her birth, she was expected to follow the expectation...
12.6K 376 14
(I am bad at summaries, but the story will be better. Promise) Jordan Ray is best friends with the Weasleys. Some of them. She hates Percy for obviou...
122K 2.3K 20
What if Ron had a twin sister? But alike in some ways but not many. She is sorted into Slytherin not Gryffindor. Her parents we ashamed a Weasley in...