TenxRose One-Shots

By Starkidfan224

A series of one-shot stories about the tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler. Updating will be continuous. More

No Better Than Her
What's It Like?
Guilt
Truth Doesn't Always Hurt
Visitors
Birthday Party
Birthday Party part 2
Doomsday Fix-It
Jealousy and Egg Nog
Jealousy and Egg Nog part 2-Italy
Drawings
Free Kisses
The Worst Driving
Roulette
Doctor's Brain Damage
There's Always TARDIS Trouble
Chance Meeting
Never Losing Face
New Years
Air Mattress
Leaving a Time Lord Speechless
I Promise
Switch
Domestics and Groceries
This Christmas
Drunk Knocking
Paint Problems
The Same Man
Adventures In Babysitting
Stay, Stay with Me
It Hurts A Little Less With You
I'll Tell You About Me
Temptation
1000 Miles
A Better Than Perfect Day
Bloody Brilliant Parenting
Teamwork
Sleeping Arrangements
Key To My Heart
Saying It First and First Moves
Marks on Skin
Masquerade Ball
Learning To Dance
Weathering the Storm
Through Each Door
Make Me Jealous, Make Me Love
Balcony Neighbors
Two Truths and No More Lies
Limit Of the Void
A 'Torchwood Project'
The Best Thing
Going to Bed Angry
Time Stream
4 Habits of a Metacrisis
Wounds
Calligraphy And Library Books
The Brilliance of Alien Vodka
Getting the Attention of a Delusional Time Lord
Lost Date
The Slime Solution
Part Time Lover
TARDIS Interference
Nearly Caught
An A+
Nightmarish
Arms of Desire
New, New, New Years
Heat Wave
Joy of Motherhood
Meteor Shower of Dreams
Impossibly Insane Bar Escapades
Wildest Dreams
Doting
Kiss, Kiss
A New Adventure
The Not-Birthday Celebration
Admitting the Obvious
Moon River
Healed
Just a Dream
Game Nights
Day of the Bad Wolf
Scandal
Kiss Me
Running Through Rivers
Hold Me Close
It's a Lottery
The One I Love
Time Waits For Nobody
An Accidental Time-Cross
Right On Time
A Bit Scary
Kiss Me Again
A Fair Amount of Time
Not Jealous
Of Nightmares and Massages
Scars to Remember
Not Just Games
A Rose By Any Other Name
Going Camping
Living In Domestics
Fake It And Make It
Christmas To Us
The Act of Indescresion
Immortally Yours
New Holidays
Just Human
Decorating The TARDIS
Christmas on Jea'klyl
Memories
Of Rose Tyler and Men
English Rose
Seeing Double
Close to Perfect
Adventures in Cooking
His Favorite Christmas Story
Nutcracker
One Too Many Roses
O Rama
A Thousand Years
News
Yellow
A Bit in Between
Happily Ever After
Domesticated
You Look Beautiful
Sharing
Next to Normal
Ours
Because of A Bus
Braving the Cold
All Talk and More Action
Promise
Clocks and Fates
I Desperately Need You
One, Two, Three, Drink
Possessive Side
An Echnodi Excursion
What Am I To You?
Starlight
Show, Not Tell
Polaroid
Bodyguard
A Voice In The Dark
Pain
The Which I Cannot Be Without
Sorry
Don't Let Her Go

Rose's Arranged Marriage

3.9K 218 125
By Starkidfan224

And before you ask, it's not the Doctor ;) Warning: a tad long

"You did what?"  The Doctor couldn't help but shout at Jackie.

"Don't you yell at me, you daft old alien," Jackie put her hands on her hips and glared at him.

"If I weren't so speechless, I'd yell, too," Rose snapped, "You can't just set up marriages for your kids, this isn't the 18th century."

"Oh, but you've been there," Jackie replied fiercely.  "So you would know.  And you also know that marriages like that are the happiest, anyways."

"Doesn't mean I want one!"

"Look at this," Jackie pulled a paper from a folder on the table.  "You're my daughter, you were mysteriously missing for a year, and by law I can still set you up."

"I'm twenty one years old!"  Rose carded a hand through her hair.  "You can't."

"I can if I think you're too restless for your own good or dangerous, says so right here," Jackie pointed at the paper.

The Doctor whipped out his glasses and snatched the paper from her.

"Doctor, can't you find a loophole?"  Rose asked. 

The Doctor's eyes scanned the paper, and he clenched his jaw.  "You... Jackie, I know of every loophole in the universe and there isn't one, how did you do that?"  He shoved the paper back at her angrily and Rose gripped for his hand, itching for support.

"I'm just as clever as you, Doctor," Jackie said softly, "And I'm worried about her.  She can't run around for her whole life."

"I can run wherever and with whoever I want," Rose snapped back.

"Well, have a seat on the couch, because your new husband and his parents are coming to meet me.  Gonna be honest, they weren't expecting you yet," Jackie gestured to the couch.

Rose sighed heavily and dragged the Doctor to the couch with her.  They both sat heavily on the cushions and the Doctor pulled his and Rose's hands into his lap.

"No, no, no, you keep that hand to yourself, mister," Jackie said firmly, perching on the chair next to the couch.  "This is supposed to be her betrothed we're meetin'."

"He's my best friend, mum," Rose said quietly.  "He stays next to me."

Jackie sighed.  "Might as well've hooked you two up, would've been easier."

A knock at the door jolted Jackie to her feet.  "Coming!" she yelled at the door.  She walked to the couch and ripped Rose's hand from the Doctor's before answering it.

"Hello!"  She beamed, her demeanor instantly changing.  "Mr. and Mrs. Smith, pleasure."

The Doctor bristled next to Rose at the name.

"And you must be Don, come in," Jackie was shaking hands with people in the doorway.  "You'll be surprised to find that Rose has popped in with her... Her best mate."  She smiled warmly and welcomed the family inside.

You didn't have to look at them for very long to know that they were a very posh family.  Don had very slicked back hair and was wearing a suit.  Rose found that even though he was attractive, she didn't find him attractive.  His hair wasn't ruffled, it was too smooth.  And what sort of rubbish was he that he wore dress shoes with his suit?  She glanced down at the Doctor's feet but her attention snapped back up when Jackie beckoned to her.

"Rose, this is Don Smith, your fiance." Rose stood to shake his hand, and the Doctor was right behind her. 

"Nice to meet you, Don Smith," Rose tried to smile politely.  "This is my best friend, the Doctor."

"The Doctor," Don laughed, but it was only thinly veiled mocking.  "Are you a doctor, then?"

"Actually, yes.  I'm Rose's medical Doctor as well as her... Best mate." The Doctor's grin was sarcastic, and Rose had to bite back a smile.

"Ah, nice to know," Don's smile faltered, and Jackie cleared her throat.  "And this is Mr. and Mrs. Smith," she said, and the couple stepped forward to shake Rose's hand.

"Smith, good name," The Doctor said politely.

"Thank you," Mrs. Smith replied, "That's very kind of you."

The Smiths sat on the couch opposite Rose and the Doctor.  Jackie resumed her position on the armchair.

"When is the wedding, then?" The Doctor's voice was suddenly sober.  His hand itched to reach for Rose's, but he wasn't looking for a slap from Jackie.

"We wanted to talk to you about that, Ms. Tyler," Mr. Smith said, his voice just as serious.  Jackie nodded, urging him to go on, and he cleared his throat.  "We have to leave town in two days, so the only time we could do it would be... Well, tomorow."

"Tomorrow? Are you all insane?"  Rose shouted, panicked, because there was no way she could find a way to get out of this in a day.  And if they just ran away in the TARDIS, her mother would never forgive her. 

"Rose, sweetheart, it might be for the best," Jackie turned to Dawn.  "Rose travels so much, she just needs to settle down."

"I agree," Don nodded solemnly.  "And you're very beautiful, Rose."

"Thanks," Rose replied through gritted teeth.

"She knows," The Doctor said calmly, nodding.  He didn't trust himself to look at Rose, so he just muttered again; "She knows."

Rose reached over and squeezed the Doctor's hand.

After an awkward first meeting, Don and the Smiths leave Rose fuming because she told Don about her disinterest and no one but the Doctor was having it.

"Well, you'd best pop off and find a wedding dress," Jackie said.

"Why, don't you want to come?" Rose asked sarcastically.

Jackie's eyes softened.  "I do, but I don't think you'd want me to come with."

"I'm just gonna pick something out of the TARDIS and we'll be back for the wedding," Rose replied, admitting defeat.  "Come with me, Doctor?"

The walk through the TARDIS was solemn at best, Rose never letting go of the Doctor's hand.  They walked straight to the wardrobe room and the Doctor walked a very direct path to a specific white gown.

He pulled out a full ballgown that had rhinestones peppered accross the bodice, and a corset back.  The tulle skirt didn't have a train, and the sweetheart neckline was something Rose had always wanted in a dress.  He handed it to her, a dark look on his face.

"How did you know to get this one?"  Rose asked quietly, running her hand over the material.

"I just-" he stopped.

"What?" She met his gaze.

"I want to see you in it.  I'll be back to help you get the back laced."  He disappeared from the wardrobe room for her to change, and she did so very quickly, since she wanted him to come back as soon as possible.

She called him back into the room a minute later, and he walked up behind her ot begin lacing the dress.

"How could she do this to me, Doctor?"  Rose sighed.

"Very specific paperwork," he replied grimly.  His touch was gentle on her as he worked the satin ribbon up her back.

"You don't have to leave it so loose, Doctor, you're not gonna hurt me."

"Right, sorry."

"Dont be sorry." she said quietly. 

"I'm sorry this is happening to you."  The Doctor replied.  He finished lacing the dress up and turned her around so he could inspect the dress.  "Blimey, you look beautiful."

"For a human?"

"No," he shook his head.  "You look like..." he paused, his gaze softening even more.  "You look like a Time Lady."  His hand reached up to brush a piece of hair out of her face.

"You wanted to see me in this dress?"

"Under different circumstances, yes," he nodded.  "Not like this."

The Doctor sat next to Rose at her vanity as she curled her hair, not moving his hand from her leg, just needing to feel her there.  He watched her apply her makeup, kept telling her how beautiful she looked, just to see her blush.

He fixed the veil to her head and gazed at her again.  "Ready?"

"No," she lunged forward and flung her arms around his neck, pulling him close and trying not to cry.  "I promised you forever," she whispered against his neck. 

"You gave me forever," he murmured.  "Wait, I want you to wear something."  He pulled away from her and pulled a pair of blue converse shoes out from under the console.  "I... I was going to give them to you for your birthday."

"I love them," Rose managed a genuine smile to him, and slipped them on immediately.  "Gonna wear these all the time, I am."

When they returned to Jackie's flat the next day, she drove them straight to the church where Don was waiting.

The Doctor helped Rose out of the car and she immediately pulled him into another embrace, but this time she hissed into his ear, "You've got to save me."

She walked down the aisle, it was all a blur in the Doctor's mind.  His hearts pounded in his chest as he watched someone he loved get given away to somebody else, someone she didn't even know.  It was no accident when she lifted the skirt to show off her new shoes.

The ceremony started to rush by.

"If anyone has any cause as to why these two should not be wed, speak now or forever hold your peace."

He made as if to stand, then sat, then fully stood up.  "Now, Mr. Don Smith, I honestly do have a due cause.  This lady," he winked at Rose, "Is my companion.  She's also my best mate.  We travel together, I do my best to take care of her, and sometimes I get her into trouble, but in reality, she enjoys it, and I do too because we're together."

Rose wrenched her hands from Don and stood fully facing the Doctor.

Jackie pulled at his suit sleeve and he stepped into the aisle to avoid her.  "And Miss Tyler is my friend the Bad Wolf.  Wolves can't be caged, you see."  He reached a shaking hand out to her, unaware as to how she would respond.  "Do you know what I'm going to say?"

Rose nodded, a huge grin splitting her face as she walked down to the Doctor, and he took her hand.

"Run!"

They tore out of the church laughing, and barely made it to the TARDIS before they were kissing and every emotion was running over in them.

"You saved me," she said breathlessly as his lips left hers and found her neck and collarbone with them. 

"Always will," he growled against her skin.  "There's no reason for you to marry anybody else."

Before she could ask him what that meant, his lips captured hers again, and she wasn't about to complain.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.4K 546 24
When Nine regenerates into Ten, Rose feels like she needs to adjust to the change and get to know this new Doctor, like she did the old one. But even...
41.5K 1.7K 21
Rose and The Doctor are still travelling in the TARDIS, but will they ever admit their feelings for each other before it's too late? "Rose Tyler, I-"...
5.4K 466 23
A touch can change everything in a blink of an eye. A word can change the whole life just by saying it. Imagine your thoughts and moves being able to...
10K 364 6
Some short one-shots of Doctor Who featuring the Tenth Doctor and Rose Tyler! Most of them are fluff, and all of them end well. Adding a romantic ele...