|| THE PURPLE HEARTS ||

By Indeliblehue

Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchest... More

Note
1. Bittersweet Beginnings
2. The Promise
3. Dancing Away
4. The Regret
5. The Family
6. Towards the Dream
7. Blow of Words
8. Fitting in Without You
9. So close yet so far
10. The disagreements
11. The return
12. People of Comfort
13. O'bros
14. The Bothered Fiancee
15. The Change
16. They Plan
17. And they Execute
18. She Never Came
19. The fall of Wickets
20. Moments Together
21. A paradox of feelings
22. Mentor and the Mentee
23. The decision
24. The queer silence
25. Unsaid Words
27. The determined Oberoi
28. The game
29. The Dice
30. She Who Slays
31. The Secrets these walls hold
32. Papers of destiny
33. The Liar's Bunch
34. The Trusted Counsel
35. The Brewing storm
36. The raging Fire
37. She defends her ground
38. The deal breaker
39. Queries and Worries
40. A setback
Hi all :)
41. The layers beneath
42. A Chaotic Morning

26. Strangers and Smiles

477 58 12
By Indeliblehue

It's quite a short chapter, will make the next one a little longer.

Happy Reading!

:)

The sunset of Seychelles found a very exhausted Annika sleeping with her head buried under the pillow. The island welcomed her with a sky full of colours above her head and sugar-white sand under her feet. The resort she stayed provided an amazing view of the sea, the azure water that stretched before her made her a happy little child.

She had slept the entire day she landed and woke up only by midnight. She didn't regret sleeping for so long; it relaxed her body and mind considerately.

She thought to hit the nightclub but decided against it. She definitely didn't want to get drunk and end up with a very bad hangover the next day. So she decided to prepare her own itinerary. Vidhi had apparently prepared one, but that was jam packed like her everyday schedule. Half way into it, she had dozed off again.

Annika had informed her dadi that she was going on a vacation. When dadi said that she was upset over her recent behaviour, Annika cleverly dodged the topic.

She had also sent an official mail to the company, just a night before her flight. She initially thought to keep the location a secret, but her father had sources and that only meant trouble.

***

Annika woke-up the next day too early in the morning, the pale orange sky announced the arrival of the sun. She lay in the bed, looking out of the window, the water outside was serene and the birds were chirping blissfully, the air had joy mixed with it. Annika inhaled deeply and let the moment absorb her entire being. That was an amazing start to a day.

Annika had freshened up and decided to get her breakfast done in the beach restaurant that was a kilometre away, a slow cycling through the way proved to be worth the fun. The road was a little bumpy but, the view with the stretched blue water on her right and lush green forest on her left was surreal. The restaurant had amazing food, overlooking the sea; she couldn't help but click a picture or two of the view she was bestowed with.

***

Annika had a very eventful day, with her visiting the parks and some extremely tranquil beaches. The night soon arrived and her guide had arranged for a dinner with the natives living nearby. To say, Annika felt more than welcomed, the people were more than humble, they all stuck to either French or English throughout the dinner and that warmed her heart. There were other travellers from different part of the world too. They sang together, danced together, shared food and drinks, voiced their thoughts and laughed at the something that no one would consider it a joke.

A strong sense of affection hit her; language was not a barrier to express love or gratitude, the presence of the same alone would do the charm. Annika was not sad that these kinds of dinners would not happen every day but she was content.

Warm hugs and some passionate kisses bid adieu for the day.

***

Annika was scrolling through the pictures she clicked that day as she lay on her bed. A particular picture of her laughing with the small kid during the dinner immediately made her lips curve up. The yellow fairy lights that hung above made the picture glow. She posted that picture on instagram, tagging her new friend who clicked the picture with a caption that read,

'How does it feel to be in love?'

.

.

#Hemakesmehappy.

She pulled the duvet over and switched off the light after setting an alarm. They had decided to take the Morne Blanc Trail for the trek, and the guide had suggested that they start early in the morning to avoid mist and sun.

***

"O, can you believe! That professor sent me out of the class for talking with Rumi." Rudra exclaimed as he entered the room.

Om was arranging the colours in the cabinet occasionally humming. The recent happenings confused him, he was sure that something was off between Shivaay and Annika. Whenever he tried to have to have a conversation with Shivaay about what happened that day, he evaded the questions. Annika's sudden trip without informing Shivaay added to his doubts, and when Shivaay too left somewhere for the business deal confirmed his doubts.

"O are you even listening?" Rudra's cry caught his attention.

He looked at him blankly. He didn't even hear one word that escaped his mouth. Rudra mumbled something under his breath and went back to scrolling his phone. Om shook his head and uncovered the boxes before him carefully.

"Bhaiyaaa!" Rudra's sudden cry startled him and he jumped out in fear.

"What the hell Rudy!" he exclaimed trying to normalize the racing heart.

He ran towards him with his phone and shoved it in his hands.

"LOOK AT THIS!" he shouted pointing the picture that was on the screen.

Om looked at the picture; it was the picture of Annika with the kid.

"She's looking pretty!" Om commented.

Rudra rolled his eyes. Was his brother really dumb? Before he could think those words were out.

Om raised his eyebrows and looked at him pointedly.

"Did you read the caption?" he asked ignoring the look that he was getting.

"Yeah! What's with that?" he asked obviously.

"I was right! You are the dumbest person in this whole word."

"Rudra..."

"Seriously O! Where is Shivaay bhaiya?"

"He's in Victoria, I guess!" Om shrugged.

"And Annika didi is...."

"Also in Seychelles." Om completed and looked at Rudra with wide eyes.

"I'm calling bhaiya right now!" Rudra said and unlocked the phone.

"Rudy! No." Om said snatching his phone.

"It might be a coincidence."

"Then what about that 'He makes me happy' hashtag."

"We are not sure where Shivaay is staying, right!"

"And that's why I'm calling him."

"Rudra, it's already late and do you think Shivaay is going to tell you that?"

"You are right!" Rudra said crestfallen.

"I just said don't call Shivaay."

"O... what are you say..." he stopped midway and then looked at him with an understanding look.

"Khanna!"

Both cried in unison and then grinned.

To be Continued... 🐾

Spread Love 💙

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

72.7K 7.4K 53
The story starts from the time Shivaay and Annika get married the first time. Both Shivaay and Annika are trying to view their relationship from the...
117K 8.7K 11
Annika who had returned to India to attend her sister's wedding, ends up marrying her sister's fiancee, Shivaay after a series of dramatic revelation...
422K 22.7K 57
#38 in fanfiction (24/12/17) #24 in fanfiction (31/12/17) #17 in fanfiction (1/1/18) Its a story abt our fav couple shivika❤️ What happens when life...
162K 12.6K 32
Love seems to give a tougher way out for both Shivay and Anika. Shivay is not ready to accept Anika and Anika is already head over heels in love wit...