Baby Boy Henry (Complete)

By Selahmassage

Marne lived alone, she lives a controlled neat and ordered life. The only time she diverts from this is when... More

Introduction (Edited)
Chapter One (Edited)
Chapter 2 (Edited)
Chapter 3 (Edited)
Chapter 4 (Edited)
Chapter 5 (Edited)
Chapter 6 (Edited)
Chapter 7 (Edited)
Chapter 8 (Edited)
Chapter 9 (Edited)
Chapter 10 (Edited)
Chapter 11 (Edited)
Chapter 13 (Edited)
Chapter 14(Edited)
Chapter 15 (Edited)
Chapter 16 (Edited)
Chapter 17 (Edited)
Chapter 18 (Edited)
Chapter 19 (Edited)
Chapter 20 (Edited)
Chapter 21 (Edited)
Chapter 22 (Edited)
Chapter 23 (Edited)
Chapter 24 (Edited)
Chapter 25 (Edited)
Chapter 26 (Edited)
Chapter 27 (Edited)
Chapter 28 (Edited)
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter Part 31
Chapter Part 32
Chapter Part 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37

Chapter 12 (Edited)

721 20 14
By Selahmassage

Chapter 12

Marnie walked back out to his living room and sat down, Marianne had retired to one of the guest bedrooms and Nick was finishing up putting the highchair together ready for the morning. His place was very homey, there were bookshelves lining the walls full of fantasy, history and other subjects of interest. An impressive computer occupied a corner surrounded by gaming paraphernalia. It seemed to Marnie that it was his safe haven away from the pressures of his public life. It was quiet now, and her mind had space to wonder. If the change in his behaviour was the beginning of him ageing up what that would mean for the way she treated him, should she sleep on the couch? But what if he woke up in little space and thought she had left him. Her mind preoccupied with worries she didn't hear or see Nick come into the room, sit next to her and place a cup of tea in front of her.

He watched her for a while until she became aware of his presence, "are you ok? That was a difficult drive" he waited while she seemed to struggle with something. She looked at her tea then spoke to the room not looking at him "I think he had a moment tonight where he was not 3, he looked confused, and regarded me as if I was a stranger" pausing for a moment she continued softly "He let me change him but whilst I was powdering his prince part's he had an erection, that hasn't happened before. He also remained silent throughout the entire process dressing him and putting him to bed. The bubbly happy little boy was absent" in one respect this was a great thing for Nick to hear but he could see Marnie was struggling to know how to manage the two parts of his brother. It was also concerning that he didn't recognise her.

She turned and watched his brother think and tick over her comments, he rubbed the back of his neck then suggested, "I think ill see if we can get you and Henry in to see a specialist in this area tomorrow or as soon as possible. There has to be a reason why he didn't seem to recognise you." Relief flooded her system at these words, a process, understanding and steps to the other side are what she needed. She knew how to look after the little side of himself, but the adult, who must of if his reactions were anything to go by been abused by the previous girlfriend/mummy. She had no idea how to react and look after that side of Henry. Taking a sip of the tea she felt it warm her from the inside out, softly she voiced her most pressing question "should I sleep out here if he is not in his toddler mindset?" Nick smiled softly at her an appreciation for her sensitivity growing. "I think if he is asleep do what you have been doing. But keep to your side of the bed, if he wakes in toddler mindset it will be important your there. If he doesn't then at least there will be space between you. I mean it is a king-size bed, that's plenty of room"

Her next move determined she finished her tea, stood and gazed thankfully at Nick "Thank you, thank you for listening and for being a good brother. I'll see you in the morning." He smiled back and said "No worries Good night" with that she left him and walked down the hall to his room. She could hear his gentle snoring and deep rhythmic breaths. Grateful he was in a deep sleep she quickly changed and slipped into the other side of the bed. Closing her eyes she willed herself to relax, and whatever she found in the morning she would deal with in her calm mothering fashion.

Sometime in the middle of the night, Henry had shifts closer and around 3 in the morning Marnie was engulfed in his large arms. She waited for him to say something but instead, he just reclaimed his previous place of comfort nuzzled into her side. At this, she relaxed, even if he was in a childlike state this position of being wrapped up in his arms felt safe to Marnie. She had to be strong for most of her younger years and most men she met found it intimidating. So she just kept them at a distance, but this feeling of safety it was becoming familiar, real, dangerous.

Henry was excited, he was home. Before he had even opened his eyes, he knew he was home. The familiar feel of his sheets, the familiar if not stale faint smell of Kal mixed with the now familiar smell of his Ma next to him. He felt giddy, not wanting to stay in bed but desperately wanting to see his bestest friend Kal. Sneaking out of bed not wanting to wake Ma he waddled out into the living room. Once he realised Kal was not in his bed he looked around then down, "when did I change out of my superman suit?" he asked allowed to no one in particular. Frowning he also wondered when they arrived. He remembered falling asleep after playing car cricket but nothing after that. His tummy grumbled causing him to forget Kal, instead, he waddled into the kitchen.

Marnie awoke with a start, she waited for a moment then a loud noise came from outside of the room. Seeing Henry was not in bed she jumped up and ran towards the sound. Arriving at the very same time as both Nick and Marianne the three adults looked on in horror. There was Henry, standing precariously on the Highchair reaching into the highest cupboard to get a box of Frosties. The sight was something to behold as he could have easily reached it with his height but his mind was telling him he was too small. So, he had pushed the chair to the cabinet and was standing on the seat yet having to bend down to reach into the cupboard. Once the shock wore off two things happened Nick ran towards him just as Marnie called his name sharply. The reaction was for Henry to pull up almost hitting his head on the ceiling, unbalancing the chair and began to fall just as Nick reached him catching him with a grunt and the two of them falling to the floor.

The three adults sat Henry down on the couch in the living room, all three facing him as he shrank into the cushions. If it wasn't so serious it would have been comical a 6ft man hunched into himself, a self-conscious look that told the adults he knew he was in trouble. Marnie was just grateful for the first time he didn't have a look of fear in his eyes. Maybe he was finally beginning to trust she would not hurt him. Flanked by his brother and mother Marnie felt she was supported to take the lead "Pumpkin, can you tell me what you did wrong just now" he frowned in concentration trying to remember "I's stands too tall an fell?" he looked at her like she should praise him for his answer and in part it was correct. Feeling the need to really see if he understood she moved from standing to kneeling, placing her hands on his knees to still the nervous energy bouncing. Looking him directly in the eyes, "Henry, do you understand that you could have been seriously hurt? That your mummy, brother and I would have been sad if you got hurt?" it took but a moment for the impact to hit him. Henry never wanted to make people sad, he wanted them to be happy.

He sat forward taking her hands and pulling her next to him. Nuzzling into her side he whispered to her whilst looking at his mummy and Nick "I don wan ouu to be sawd" she wrapped her arm around him holding him close. Running her hand down his arm she replied "But if our prince got hurt we would be sad. What do you think you could do next time that would be a better choice?" he looked to Nick as if he would give him the answer. But his brother just smiled a small encouraging smile. He repeated the action with his mother and yet still they all just smiled waiting for him to give them an answer. He thought about what had happened, he had walked into the room and been really excited to see another special seat that he hoped was for him. Henry had wanted to celebrate and when he celebrated he got his special box of Frosties's. But they were up so high, that he decided to use his new special seat to reach them. Maybe that was what Ma was worried about.

He sat back and looked at her directly so she could see that he understood "Shood hav waits for broda or Mummy or Ma to wake up." Then quieter "Shood hav asks for hewp" her face lit up with a big smile "that's right Pumpkin when you feel small and something seems far away or hard to get it is best to wait and ask for help no matter how much you want it." She pulled him in for a hug her small arms wrapping around him. He felt his brothers and mothers arms joining around them too like a big squishy hug. Right now Henry felt really safe and he hoped he never made them feel sad again.

Nick had been on the phone all morning, Marianne was taking time with Henry reading him a story whilst be drank his milk getting ready for his morning nap. Marnie took the opportunity to clean up the kitchen and put a load of washing on. It all felt so domestic, like a big family, she kept telling herself to protect her heart, to not give in completely, but when she had seen him this morning. Her heart had almost given out in fear, which meant he had burrowed behind her defence and she did care for him. Wondering back to the living room she saw Nick hang up and turn to find her "I found a specialist who works with children and age regressors who is willing to make time for us this afternoon. At least I hope he can give us some instruction, his clinic is discrete and he said he has put him in a timeslot with no one before or after" she felt a weight lift from her shoulders, they would get some help today.

After Henry woke Marnie spent time with him colouring while Marianne put together a light lunch. The morning forgotten he was back to his giggly self, explaining to Ma that "this pwinsess lives in a beach castel soo see needs wimms caus see ike da wada. Ans see will fin a pwince in the biggg wada ans day lives happy eba afta" showing her the special swimming costume he had drawn for her. Marnie giggled loving how the scribbles on the page could translate into such an elaborate story in his mind. The had happily had lunch with Henry being super excited to sit in his chair now rather than stand on it. To be honest Marnie was just grateful Heidi had bought a good chair that was strong enough to handle his weight and height. It wasn't an elaborate chair that made him feel small but it was just the right size to make him feel special. She would have to remember to call her friend later tonight before she put him to bed so he could say what he had been saying all lunch "I wove miss Heidi sees my fwend"

After lunch, they all piled into her Jeep, Marianne in the front, Nick and Henry in the back. Excited to go on another car trip the chatter between brothers was constant right up until they arrived at the specialist's office. She was glad he was distracted she just wished someone could distract her, there was a niggling anxiousness that had started building since she turned the key in the jeep and the engine had roared to life. It was a nice building, clean lines, very businesslike until you reached his office. Once the elevators opened on level 4 the business persona disappeared. The first image you saw on stepping off the elevator was a large bunch of balloons painted on the wall with every colour of the rainbow being held by a group of little girls and boys. They followed the images of children walking with their single balloons around the wall till it opened into a decent-sized waiting room. The walls were happy, that's the best way to describe with colours it wasn't too busy just the right amount of pictures without it being chaotic. In one corner was a large play area that seemed geared towards not just toddlers but the larger sized children that also came to visit this clinic.

Assoon as Henry saw the large blocks and toys he all but ran over and startedplaying calling to his brother "Nikki looks see lotsa toys wanna pway?"The receptionist smiled as Nick knelt down to play with his brother, then shegreeted Marnie and Marianne "welcome you must be Henry's carers?"Marnie answered with a smile, "I'm Marnie his primary carer, this isMarianne his Mother and that is Nick his eldest brother." A genuine smilefilled the receptionists face "I'm Joy, Dr Nolan will be out soon so ifyou could just fill out these forms whilst you wait?" she handed Marniethe forms and both she and Marianne sat together answering as much as they could.Finishing the form she returned it to Joy and then sat, her nervousnessreturning the longer they waited. It felt like an hour but in reality 10minslater a tall man stepped into the room. He had rich black-brown hair, a darkcoffee complexion and a smile that would warm the coldest heart. His warmbaritone voice filled the room "Hello, I'm Dr Nolan, and which one of youtwo handsome boys is Henry?"    

A/N hope you are all having a wonderful week :) Selah

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

59.3K 4.7K 33
'How have you changed this much?' 'Where is the boy I fell for all those time and still in love with?' 'What could have happen so wrong to take away...
12.8K 433 12
In the year 4896... Life is hard, but for Sophie, it has been a nightmare. Growing up in a place where she is considered a mere inconvenience due to...
65.5K 775 130
here it is! the AGERE AND PETRE guide for beginners! This guide has information on little space, Caregivers, recipes for littles, activities for li...
26.1K 1.3K 10
This is the story of two childhood best friends who lost the contact with each other.. What happens when they meet each other after 5 years.. Wei Yin...