|| THE PURPLE HEARTS ||

Door Indeliblehue

Annika Vardhan Trivedi and Shivaay Singh Oberoi find themselves engaged in a marriage of convenience orchest... Meer

Note
1. Bittersweet Beginnings
2. The Promise
3. Dancing Away
4. The Regret
5. The Family
6. Towards the Dream
7. Blow of Words
8. Fitting in Without You
9. So close yet so far
10. The disagreements
11. The return
12. People of Comfort
13. O'bros
14. The Bothered Fiancee
15. The Change
16. They Plan
17. And they Execute
18. She Never Came
19. The fall of Wickets
20. Moments Together
21. A paradox of feelings
22. Mentor and the Mentee
23. The decision
24. The queer silence
26. Strangers and Smiles
27. The determined Oberoi
28. The game
29. The Dice
30. She Who Slays
31. The Secrets these walls hold
32. Papers of destiny
33. The Liar's Bunch
34. The Trusted Counsel
35. The Brewing storm
36. The raging Fire
37. She defends her ground
38. The deal breaker
39. Queries and Worries
40. A setback
Hi all :)
41. The layers beneath
42. A Chaotic Morning

25. Unsaid Words

442 58 8
Door Indeliblehue

Hey all!

Sorry for the delay, I was just caught up with work.

 Hope you like it! 

Happy Reading.

It's been more than a week since the day of party or anyone saw Annika, in person. She had time to conduct press meets, give some outstanding interviews, visit production site and also take part in the advertising campaign; but, she didn't have time to meet her own family. Shivaay had called her numerous times and all his calls went unanswered or answered by Vidhi. Even her dadi didn't know when she came home and left. Everyone were disappointed about the recent happenings, knowingly or unknowingly they were a part of it too.

When Shivaay returned home that day after the party, he was bombarded with numerous questions about Annika. He had somehow managed to give them all a convincing answer; he could not tell them that Annika was not happy with the marriage when he honestly didn't know what she felt. He was confused too. Telling them about the situation would only complicate the relationship between the families.

Pinky had asked him to bring Annika home the next day; he lied to her that Annika was busy with work, the interviews and stuffs convinced her.

***

Shivaay had had enough, he didn't deserve to be treated the way she did. He was answerable too. Running away will never solve the problems, if anything it only complicates more.

***

He entered the Trivedi headquarters determined to meet Annika, he didn't care about the consequences. He quickly took the elevator to her floor and marched towards her cabin.

Vidhi was preparing Annika's schedule for the week when she saw an angry Shivaay march towards her. She quickly straightened herself and quickly walked up to him.

"Is she in here?" he asked gritting his teeth.

"Y...yes, sir. But, she's in..." he didn't let her complete as he walked towards the door. Vidhi ran behind to stop him from entering, but he was too fast for her.

Annika was having a discussion with the investors when the door swung open and Shivaay marched in, followed by a very worried Vidhi.

"Annika, I need to discuss something." He said not caring about what the others in the room felt.

Annika was too shocked to react; she didn't expect this man to barge into her cabin in-between a meeting. Vidhi quickly reacted and took the others outside apologizing for the inconvenience. Annika shook her head disbelievingly and went behind them.

Fifteen minutes to it, Annika entered her cabin; Shivaay was sitting on the couch and scrolling through his phone, an empty coffee mug was on the table placed before him.

"Hi, Annika!" he said not looking up.

Annika didn't reply, she just went and sat on her seat.

Shivaay stopped what he was doing and looked at her; she was going through the file that was before her. he silently got up and moved towards where she was.

"What do you want, Shivaay?" she asked when she felt his constant gaze on her.

"What is wrong with you?" he asked pointedly looking at her.

"What did I do?"

He sighed. She was getting on his nerves.

"Are you happy with the marriage?" he asked not beating around the bush.

Annika remained silent.

"What do I take this silence for, Annika?"

She looked at him for a second and went back to the file.

"Annika!" he shouted losing his cool.

"Tone that down Shivaay!" She admonished him.

"Not until you answer me."

"What do you want me to answer? Huh...? About the broken promise or about the forced decision? Am I answerable for that?" she snapped.

Those words made him more guilty and his gaze softened.

"Annika. I am sorry." He voiced out feebly.

"If your sorry can fix everything, I would have gladly accepted it."

"I know, but your silence too doesn't fix everything." he said trying to make her understand.

"How do you want me to react?"

"Shout at me, be angry...do whatever, but don't be silent."

"So that you don't feel guilty?"

"This conversation is going somewhere else; I am not ready for it."

"Why Shivaay? You were ready for anything when you came in. What happened now?"

He remained silent. She was right; he came here because he could get rid of his guilt. But, that was not entirely true; he thought he owed her an explanation. He made his way towards her and stood before her.

"Annika, I know we should have discussed that before... it's my fault and I am genuinely sorry; let's fix it."

"What could we possibly fix?" she shouted throwing the newspaper towards him.

"Can you fix this? My hardwork, my pain, my success... everything just vanished in a blink."

"And you know what everyone wants to know? It is about the marriage." She said frustrated.

Shivaay looked at the newspaper, he had already read that.

"Annika, media needs a bait to attract people, you are mature enough to know their ways." He said folding the newspaper and throwing it away.

"I'm not mature enough to handle that Shivaay, it really hurts." Her eyes started to well up.

"Heyy... Annika! Don't cry!" he said and held her shoulders.

She shrugged his hands off gently. He cleared his throat and stepped back.

"How will you feel when your own family doesn't recognize your success?" she asked turning towards the door.

"Annika! Do you expect your father to handover everything to you?" he asked raising his eyebrows. He really thought Annika wanted that.

"Wow, Shivaay! Is that what you understood?" she asked turning back to him.

"Your words implied that." He replied.

"Forget it! It's useless having this conversation with you." She said throwing her hands in air.

"Maybe, you will, when you are always said that your work is not as half as good as someone ele's." she added.

"I don't want to prove anyone, anything." He gave back gritting his teeth.

"Exactly! Because you are Shivaay and not Annika." She said smiling through her tears, she blinked fervently to hold back them.

"Please! Leave me alone. I want some time to gather myself." She sighed and slumped down on the chair.

"Mom wanted you to come home. What do you want me to say?" he asked looking at her.

"Why are you asking me? You all never ask me anything. Why now?"

"It's not like..."

"I don't care, anymore. Please leave me alone." She cut him in.

Annika closed her eyes and sank back into the chair; she heard the door open and close after a few minutes.

She felt strangely relaxed. Vidhi was right,  sometimes the unsaid words bother one's heart the most. 

A part of her felt that Shivaay was right too. She need not prove that she could be a better boss or an employee to anyone. Her happiness is what mattered. She realized where she went wrong; she was running behind the wrong thing, she was trying to please someone with her work to be in their good books forgetting about what she really wanted.

Annika needed time to sink in the realization that dawned upon her and she had the right to take a break too, no one can question her about that. A small smile played on her lips when she opened her eyes.

A long holiday awaited her.

To be continued... 🐾

Spread Love 💙

Ga verder met lezen

Dit interesseert je vast

134K 12.8K 34
Finally, their 5 years of marriage came to an end. He wanted to stop her from leaving him but his ego didn't let him do that also some part of him be...
215K 16K 36
The love story of ASP Shivaay Singh Oberoi and Annika Vardan Trivedi.How he made her fall in his love after marriage!
129K 11.2K 59
Shivaay Singh Oberoi, a very successful and famous business tycoon, had a bad experience because of which he does not believe in marriage or romance...
116K 8.7K 11
Annika who had returned to India to attend her sister's wedding, ends up marrying her sister's fiancee, Shivaay after a series of dramatic revelation...