ETHALINE

By ninithewriter

ETHALINE FLORENCE MALFOY, twin of Draco Malfoy and the second choice finds comfort in a certain raven haired... More

WARNINGS
BOOK TRAILER
AUTHOR NOTE
CAST
INTRODUCTION
AESTHETE
THANATOPHOBIA
FEAR STUCK
MAD EYE MOODY
REVELATION
THE DRAGON
THE FIRST CHALLENGE
MYSTERY
THE PROPOSALS
HEIGHT ADDS CHARACTER
YULE BALL
NEW YEAR
THE BLACK LAKE
A TRIP TO REMEMBER
HOGSMEAD
THE CALL
THE MAZE
REVELATON
THE MALFOY'S
ORDER OF THE PHOENIX
NEW BEGININGS
THE CHOICE
SUMMER SHENANIGANS
THE FIFTH YEAR
AZURA
AN UNWANTED VISIT
DUMLEDORE'S ARMY
LUCIUS
THE ROR
A COMPROMISING POSITION
"Oh Chosen one"
LONESOME
WEASLEBEE AND HERMES
A LONG AWAITED CONFIRMATION
CHRISTMAS DAY
A NEW MYSTERY
|NEW CAST MEMBERS|
THE SLYTHERIN INQUISTIION
THE RECKONING
ON THE RUN
FIREWORKS AND RUN INS
A GRAY SKY
PART TWO
THE MOURNING AFTER
ETHALINE'S PROPHECY
ONE LAST TIME
A GINNY SECRET
A LOST BOOK AND EMPTY CLASSROOM
END OF THE YEAR
TICKET TO HELL
ANDROMEDA COMES HOME
SUMMER WITH WEALEBEE
YEAR SIX: QUIDDITCH AND POTIONS
FIST MEETS FERET
AZKABAN BREAK IN
A BREAK
THE DINNER PARTY
LOSE CONTROL
A WEASLEY CHRISTMAS
DRAGONS DON'T BURN
DRUNKEN DUO
RAMILDA VANE
SURPRISE IN A BOTTLE
NO ESCAPE
A DARK SURPRISE
FEELINGS DIE
REFUSAL OF HELP
A MALFOY REUNION
COLLECTING DEBT
GRAVEYARD HUNT
DOBBY
CALM BEFORE THE STORM
ME AND MY HSUBAND
TANGLED RELATIONS
PART 3
POLAROID
DRAMA QUEEN
"Lovegood? More like Hatebad."
JIXNX
A HERO'S DEATH
MIDNIGHT TALK
GRINGOTTS
THE CALM BEFORE THE STORM
At a Crossroad
SLYTHERINS IN ROMANIA
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 1
MISSING PERSONS CASE
BATTLE OF HOGWARTS PT. 2
A BITTERSWEET GOODBYE
THE END
BONUS

A NIGHT TO REMEMBER

6.6K 224 24
By ninithewriter

___

The training of the Slytherin's was easier than Ethaline thought, every other day they met downstairs behind the castle at the witching hour to train the small groups. She had learned everyone's name and had formed a connection with them. 

Henry continued to serve as her cover, their relationship strictly strategic as this all happened.

His friend group had adopted Ethaline, their relationships strengthening with every passing day, especially with Lizzie and Cassie. It was through them she learned unconditional friendship, a nonjudgmental one that she welcomed. 

In addition to this, she felt whole. She felt complete. The fulfillment of teaching and protecting her house mates made her feel powerful—just like the book had told her. She was meant for this. 

Harry of course didn't know as well as Neville and Luna. Ethaline attended their meetings like nothing had happened, the act of spreading herself thin not yet breaking her as she managed everything outside of school and her work. Henry was kind enough to help her with that, even if it was more work for him.

But they truly believed she was worth following and didn't care about the sacrifices they had to make as members. There were times Ethaline found herself comparing her situation to the royal hierarchy, Henry was her second in command while the girls worked to serve as her councilors. Amir was the eager to prove himself soldier who glued everyone together with his humor.  

So, on a rather cold and rainy Saturday, certain members were invited home for a gathering. Henry Greenwood had invited Ethaline as his date which was all off of her strategy. Ethaline didn't tell them about the order of the Phoenix, not yet willing to share that secret after assembling a certain level of trust. She wasn't going to set Dumbledore's separate operation in flames in case she went down. 

As the carriages arrived to the school Ethaline turned to Amir, Cassie, Lizzie and Henry. "Your only job is to receive as much information as possible." She whispered, "They'll surely be talking about the political climate around and they're bound to slip up." 

Amir nodded, "I also wrote to my uncle in Romania. He's the one that owns the rigs and approved your request." He said cryptically as Ethaline's gave lit up. 

"Thank you," she started, "Now off we go." 

Henry raced to grab her hand, leading her up the steps and climbing in after her before they closed the door behind him. They were heading over to Greenwood Manor as his parents were hosting a party. Ethaline wore a black dress, her hair resting neatly behind her as she kept her face straight. 

Once they arrived, they were escorted out, her arm was locked with Henry while the walked down the path. As they walked, they heard small whispers about Ethaline, her hair giving her away but it didn't matter, it was all a part of the plan. 

The band played a soft classical tune while people mingled and danced on the floor. Henry led Ethaline towards his parents who were waiting for him, a fake smile on their faces. 

"Ethaline Malfoy!" Greeted his mother, "how lovely it is to have you in our home." 

Ethaline bowed her head, "It's a beautiful home you have here." She said, glancing around and looking at the ceiling, "Beautiful artwork too." 

"My folks aren't ones to go small." Henry said, making Ethaline smile politely in their direction. 

"I have to say..." His father added skeptically, "Its rather...surprising to see you here. We hear that you have severed ties with your family." He said, his tone low as Ethaline nodded. 

"I have," She admitted, "But it doesn't stop me from continuing a certain...tradition." She said in a hushed tone, "Afterall isn't that why you're having this gathering?" 

His mother smiled wickedly, "It was for Henry to meet people but since you are here...we might have to reconsider." She said, her eyes glinting in mischief. "you are a much suitable bride for him. You come from a very wealthy and pure family." 

"Excuse my wife's drunken state," his father smirked, "Have a wonderful time and you're very welcome to stay the night. I hear wonderous things happen to those...who wait." He said before whisking away his wife. 

Ethaline bit her lip, "Come on." She said to Henry who was already looking for his friends when someone stopped them. 

"Sir Arthur!" Henry said, his tone matching everyone else's, "Pleasure to see you again sir, this is my girlfriend Ethaline." He said as he presented her, "Isn't She a wonder!" He said with enthusiasm, making an opening for Ethaline. 

The older man bit his lip as he examined her, "Indeed she is..." he muttered as Ethaline smiled briefly and looked at the two girls who motioned for her to come over. 

"I should head over to the ladies' room to freshen up, you two have a small talk—" Ethaline excused herself. 

"And do bring us a drink, won't you?" The older man said as Henry tried to contain his laugh. 

Ethaline nodded, biting the inside of her cheek, "It would be my honor." She said before heading elsewhere to see the two girls. They went into the restroom, making sure no one was around before collectively groaning as they slumped on the elegant couches in there. 

"I think my dimples are tired of me smiling." Lizzie groaned. 

"My feet are killing me—what's with the lack of champagne?" Cassie asked as she sat down. 

Meanwhile Ethaline took a deep breath and stared at herself in the mirror, "Any leads?" 

"I've got one," lizzie said, "Apparently the Dark Lord is trying to break into the Ministry to retrieve a prophecy related to him." 

Ethaline's face fell, "Prophecy?" 

Cassie nodded, "The Ministry isn't doing a well job at protecting it but there are rumors that the Order of the Phoenix is back so that's a relief. Also, The dark Lord is out recruiting wizards of minority towns—free bodies no cost." She said angrily. 

"We'll help them." Ethaline promised, "Spring break is coming up, it'll be perfect to recruit them. Hopefully by then I'll have what I need. What else?"

Lizzie piped in, "Well if there is a prophecy about the chosen one then I'm sure their is one about you." 

"We can talk about it more when we get out. Try to get any more information, see where their loyalties lie." She said before they exited the bathroom and made their way back out into the party separately.

___

Meanwhile Harry was at school, making his way over to Ethaline's room after not seeing her for a couple of days except in class. She was always busy, always with Henry. The idea of what they did when there was no one around upset him, but what upset him even more was the fact that she hardly spent time with him. 

He missed her. 

He knocked on her door and didn't receive an answer. He frowned and turned around, ready to leave when Ron spotted him from below the stairs. "She's not here." 

"What do you mean?" Harry asked, walked down the stairs. 

"Dumbledore told me Henry took her home to meet the folks." Ron said slowly, "I imagine things are getting serious between them." 

Harry's lips parted in surprise, his heart sinking to the pit of his stomach, "Ah..." 

"Don't worry," Ron reassured, "It's for the best. I've got to go finish my rounds but want to play a game of chess before bed?" 

Harry nodded, "You're on." He said, feeling a little defeated but shrugged it off. 

___

Henry rushed around the party trying to find Ethaline, his mind hazy as he pushed past a couple of people. Once he spotted the blonde talking to someone, he excused himself and grabbed her hand gently, "My love, I've been looking everywhere for you I've had too much to drink and would like to start a party upstairs." He slurred. 

The guest she was speaking with excused himself to avoid the awkward talk. "What's the matter?" Ethaline asked quietly. 

"The Dark Lord is coming; we have to leave now." He said as the two girls came back with Amir between them, a panic look on his face. 

"Let's go." Ethaline said, grabbing his hand as they followed Henry through the house and through the back entrance where a carriage was waiting for them.  They climbed in and left quickly through the forest as multiple shadows of black smoke emerged from the front side of the house and landed inside. 

Without a doubt there was someone else there, Lucius and Bellatrix. 

As soon as they arrived at Hogwarts they climbed up to her bedroom, their bodies physically tired from the faux mingling and slumped down on anything they could sit on. 

"Did we get what we needed?" Amir asked, "Because I did not suffer through mediocre sex—at best—with a death eater's wife to provide an opening for Lizzie and Cassie." 

The two girls nodded, "We got it." Cassie said as Lizzie cringed. "And more." She said as she tossed a letter with sloppy and intimate writing on the ground from the husband.

Ethaline leaned on Henry's shoulder, "We got what we needed." She said as Henry nodded, "Confirmation that my parents are in with them and that there is a prophecy they're wanting to get that's being protected." 

"There were way too many Ministry workers at the party." Lizzie said quietly, "We've got to warn someone." 

"We will." Ethaline reassured, "I'll do that, I'll also need a list of them so when you can send it over. For now, we rest." She said as she works up, "You all did a great job, especially you Amir—" 

He yawned, "Don't mention it." He said as he undid his tie. 

"I have a meeting tomorrow with Dumbledore's army, " Ethaline said, "So I'll be gone after the school day. Tell everyone else to keep practicing their spells. They're doing well." 

There was a moment of silence as they all soaked in what she was saying. Ethaline bit her lip, her lips trying to form the words as she choked out, "And I'm...I'm  p-proud of you." 

The looks on their faces was enough to send Ethaline into a goodnights rest. Their eyes were wide as if they had never heard the words before and thanked her quietly before retreating over to their rooms, leaving her all alone again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36.5K 1K 13
The Potter twins are entering their third year at Hogwarts. Does (Y/n) put herself in a tragic love story?! read to find out what will happened,and w...
2.7K 65 24
You're Harry Potter's twin sister and you're transferring to Hogwarts from Beauxbatons. You meet a boy named Draco Malfoy and you both hate each othe...
12.4K 375 14
(I am bad at summaries, but the story will be better. Promise) Jordan Ray is best friends with the Weasleys. Some of them. She hates Percy for obviou...
27.9K 216 31
Y/n Malfoy, twin of Draco Malfoy, has been going to Beauxbatons until she is given a task to steal the Elder wand to become a death eater like the re...