The Historian

By MonroeMoreau

*SEQUEL NOW OUT* Thought to have perished in the Great Time War, The Historian now resides on Earth with her... More

Cast
The Historian's 7th Regeneration and History
The Strange Reading
Dead Man Walking
His TARDIS
Nestene Chamber
The Day The Sun Expanded
The Sun Filters
End Of The Earth
The Early Academy Days
1860
Ghosts
The Sight
The Gelth
First Contact
Investigations and The Pig
Downing street
The Slitheen, and Harriett Jones
Mickey The Hacker
The Historians Truth
The Next PM
Old Enemies
The Dalek Problem
Run.
200'00
Technology
Floor 500
Talking
Pete Tyler
Rose's choice
Bang
Limehouse Green
Go To Your Room
Dancing
Jamie
Cardiff
Slitheen Return
Second Chance
Big Brother
Satelite 5
Anne Droid
The Return Of The Daleks
Parting Of The Ways
A New Historian Rises
End of book one.
Across the Universe

Aliens

613 14 3
By MonroeMoreau

The End Of The World- Part 2

"Rose!" The Historian called, ducking inside the same room as the human. She was stood in front of a window, staring down at the Earth. She folded her arms and leant against the glass. "You know, it happens to every planet, this. It's just the natural cycle. They're born, live a few billion years, have cilivisation... mostly... then, they die."

"Its not that." She sighed. "Well, it is... but in there... they're so... alien."

"You're alien." The Historian laughed.

"No-"

"Yes, Rose, you are. To me, you're alien, to them you're alien. But that's what makes this so great. Theres so much out there, so much alien."

Rose laughed a little. "You're so strange. I thought the doctor was odd."

"Dont tell him you think I'm odder. He'll try and win the title back." She muttered with a small smirk.

Thenz another blue alien walked in carrying some tools. She stopped at the sight of Rose and the Historian before going back to her work. "Sorry. Are we allowed to be in here?" Rose asked.

"You have to give us permission to talk."

"Er, you have permission." Rose said awkwardly.

"Thank you. And, no, you're not in the way. Guests are allowed anywhere." She smiled back.

The Historian frowned and peered inside the wall panel she had just removed.  "What's your name?" She asked

"Raffalo."

Rose asked " Raffalo?" Trying the name out for herself.

The Historian rose a brow and turned to Raffalo. "Raffalo! Wonderful name that, haven't met a Raffalo in a long time, very fitting. Now, I'm a bit of an engineer back home myself, impressive wiring..."

Raffalo smiled at the Historian. "Thank you, miss. I won't be long, I've just got to carry out some maintenance. There's a tiny little glitch in the Face of Boe's suite. There must be something blocking the system. He's not getting any hot water."

"So, you're a plumber?" Rose asked

"That's right, miss."

"They still have plumbers?" She asked the Historian, but Raffalo answered.

"I hope so, else I'm out of a job." she laughed.

"Where are you from then, Raffalo?" Asked the Historian. "Lots of different ones here... wonder how far everyones come."

" Crespallion."

Rose smiled slightly. " That's a planet, is it?"

"No. Crespallion's part of the Jaggit Brocade." The Historian told her.

"Thats right." Raffalo nodded. "It's affiliated to the Scarlet Junction, Convex fifty six. And where are you two from, miss? If you don't mind me asking."

"Oh, no ask away." The Historian grinned. "We got a lift with a friend."

Rose nodded, but found herself I  deep thought. " A long way away. I just sort of hitched a lift with this man. I didn't even think about it. I don't even know who he is. He's a complete stranger. Anyway, don't let me keep you. Good luck with it."

"Thank you, miss. Both of you, And er, thank you for the permission. Not many people are that considerate."

ROSE: Okay. See you later.

The Historian smiled and pulled Rose from the room. "See." She said. "They look different, but really, they're no different to you or me."

"That was so... weird." Rose shuddered as the pair made their way down the hall...

***** *****

The Historian looked out of the window at the planet below as Rose bounced a small ball against the wall. Down there, was the planet she had called home for six months while she and Henry tried to escape. She knew what he would be saying to her now... 'why are we stood here? Let's mingle with the aliens again' and she'd tell him she felt she had to stay here, at this window... because something was going to happen... she felt a small tear leave the corner of her eye  and instantly, she wiped it away, turning around to Rose as she heard the Stewards voice over a speaker.

"Would the owner of the blue box in private gallery fifteen please report to the Steward's office immediately. Guests are reminded that use of teleportation devices is strictly forbidden under Peace Treaty five point four slash cup slash sixteen. Thank you."

"Earth Death in twenty five minutes." The computer chimed.

"Oh, thanks." Rose mumbled as she stood up.

"How're you doing?" Asked the Historian.

"Okay... still trying to get passed the fact it's so alien"

Outside Gallery 15, where the two currently were, the Historian heard some loud voices. "I'll be back." She told Rose as she poked her head outside, seeing the TARDIS being wheeled away.

" Oi, now, careful with that. Park it properly. No scratches." The Doctor complained as he was handed a ticket

"Have a nice day?" The Historian read. "Cute. Come on, Rose keeps freaking out."

"Why?" He asked. "What did you do?"

"Me?" She scoffed. "Its all the aliens she's seen today- why did you think it was me?"

"It use to always be a you thing." He shrugged as he poked his head inside the room.

" Rose? Are you in there? Aye, aye. What do you think, then?" He grinned as the Historian say on the floor, crossing her legs.

"Great. Yeah, fine. Once you get past the slightly psychic paper. They're just so alien. The aliens are so alien. You look at 'em and they're alien."

"Good thing we didn't take you to the Deep South." He grinned at the Historian, who rolled her eyes.

"Where are you from?"

"All over the place."

"How do you know each other."

"Childhood." He shrugged back.

Rose sighed. "They all speak English."

" No, you just hear English. It's a gift of the Tardis. The telepathic field, gets inside your brain and translates." The Historian chimed in.

Rose whipped around to her " It's inside my brain?"

"You humans and your brains. It's a good thing."

Rose scoffed her her. " Your machine gets inside my head. It gets inside and it changes my mind, and you didn't even ask?"

"Oi! His machine, not mine."

Rose folded her arms at the Doctor who said " I didn't think about it like that."

"No, you were too busy thinking up cheap shots about the Deep South. Who are you two, then, Doctor? What are you called? What sort of alien are you?"

" I'm just the Doctor."

"That's literally it, Rose." The Historian sighed. "The Doctor, The Historian."

"From what planet?"

"Well, it's not as if you'll know where it is!" He huffed at her.

"Where are you from?"

" What does it matter?" He asked, the timelords growing uncomfortable. To mention gallifrey, they'd have to remember what happened there... and she was perfectly happy forgetting a lot of things right now...

"Tell me who you are!"

The Historian stood up and shook her hesd. "This is who we are, right here, right now, all right? All that counts is here and now, and this is us."

Rose huffed at him. "Yeah, and I'm here too because you brought me here, so just tell me."

"Maybe that was a mistake then." The Historian glared.

" Earth Death in twenty minutes. Earth Death in twenty minutes." The computer reminded them.

"All right. As my mate Shareen says, don't argue with the designated driver... or drivers." Rose took her phone put and sighed. "Can't exactly call for a taxi. There's no signal. We're out of range. Just a bit."

The Doctor grabbed her phone and took the back off. "Tell you what. With a little bit of jiggery pokery-"

" Is that a technical term, jiggery pokery?"

"Yeah, I came first in jiggery pokery. What about you?"

Rose smirked. " No, I failed hullabaloo."

"Oh. There you go."

The Historian folded her arms as Rose spoke to her mother on the phone. The looked to the Doctor, as thought she wanted to say something, but nothing came. So she turned back to Rose who had ended the call.

"Think that's amazing, you want to see the bill." The Historian joked.

"That was five billion years ago. So, she's dead now. Five billion years later, my mum's dead."

The doctor grinned. " Bundle of laughs, you are."

Then, the entire station shook violently, almost knocked them to their feet. The Historian held onto the wall, and turned to them. "That wasnt supposed to happen."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1K 66 11
Laura was a simple girl from Scotland, but tragedy seemed to follow her. Every night she kept having dreams about this man, a man who she would follo...
1.6K 64 23
The Doctor has many companions that he travels with but either by choice, forced, death or no other option the companions always leave... but what if...
230 10 9
When Lillian Shepherd fell, she didn't know where she was going to land. But then a man with gravity defying hair and a brown shirt finds her- and he...
80.7K 2.2K 26
The Doctor gave up long ago of ever finding his 'Amarthin,' his bonded. But when he visited the house of Jackie Tyler one day, soon after his regene...