Be Mine? || Harry Styles

De faithhood11

All Grace wanted to do was have a great senior year with her friends, Sammy and Liam. All Harry wanted to do... Mais

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
A/N
Chapter 4
A/N
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
A/N
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53

Chapter 44

3.5K 94 52
De faithhood11

Chapter 44

Grace's POV

I stuffed my trembling hands into my pockets, trying to gather at least an ounce of solace. I was terrified. I was anxious about seeing Liam again for a reason unknown. Maybe it was Madalyn, the girl Sammy told me he was seeing. She lived back home in Oregon so I wasn't sure how that was going to work out. I was even more anxious about my classes. This was college. This is where it really counts, what I do counts because it's going to determine the person I become. My heart pounded in my chest as I pulled out my map even though I already knew where my first class was. English 101. Room 227. I climbed the stairs, walking right past a group of people waiting for the elevator. Liam would be in my second class but sadly he wouldn't be in my English 101, Beginning Composition class. I wouldn't know anyone. I took a deep breath, standing outside of room 227. I just kind of stood there staring at the door, wondering about the other side.

"Nervous?" I heard a deep voice ask.

I jumped, noticing someone standing right beside me. I almost gasped at the gorgeous figure to my right side. He stood there, a leather bag hanging across his body. He was so tan with dark hair and the prettiest caramel eyes. Wow. To me, nobody could compare to Harry but this guy, he was that gorgeous type, like a model. He was flawless. I noticed that he had two earrings that complemented his style. He was dressed in tight skinny jeans and a red and black checkered flannel shirt, exposing tattoos on his arms and chest.

"I bet I'm more nervous." He said and I realized that I hadn't answered his question.

Wow. That accent. It was so similar to Harry's.

"I doubt that. I might throw up before this is over with."

He smirked and brushed past me into the room. I followed behind me, not knowing exactly what to think about him. I watched him take a seat in the back of the room and I hesitated before giving in a taking a seat beside him. I now noticed that he had one earbud in his ear, the other handing down beside him. He glanced at me, arching an eyebrow.

"I'm Zayn...Zayn Malik." He said, holding his hand out for me to shake.

"Oh. I'm Grace Absure."

"So where are you from Grace?"

"Oregon...on the other side of the country."

"I'm from England...Bradford really."

I nodded. I didn't really even know where that was. To me Zayn was intimidating. It's like he was so perfect that I felt inferior. He wasn't rude or superficial at all but part of me wondered how somebody could be that perfect. I sat for a moment until somebody rushed into the classroom singing a song by Justin Timberlake. It reminded me of Liam but this guy was extremely different from Liam. He had blond hair and an Irish accent. Wow. This place was amazing. There were people from everywhere.

"Anyone sitting here babe?" the blond asked me and I immediately shook my head, feeling self-conscious.

"Um...N-No."

Great, so now I stutter? What is wrong with me?

"Hi I'm Niall." The blond said excitedly, grabbing my hand and shaking it.

"Grace." I muttered, shocked by how forthcoming he was.

I pulled my hand away and faced the front of the classroom, my mouth dropping open as our professor walked into the room. What the heck? How young is he? His hair was jet black, pale skin, and the bluest eyes, even more blue than mine. He was tall, probably Harry's height and he was wearing a crisp navy suit with a coral blue tie, making his eyes stand out even more. He was one of those profs that all of the girls would have a crush on no doubt. He looked so young. I looked down at my schedule. Mr. Keller.

"Good morning." He greeted his eyes brightening as he placed his leather briefcase on the desk at the front of the room.

He then perched himself on top of the desk, sitting there staring at us. I looked around and everyone seemed to be as surprised as I was. His eyes met mine and I shied away. How young is he? Twenty five?

"Welcome to English 101, our freshmen English for writing composition. My name is Charlie. I call you by your first names so I will not have anyone calling me by Mr. Keller. That is my father."

Laughs were heard throughout the room and I looked around before staring at my desk. Should I have laughed?

"So even though I'm relatively young for a professor, I'm pretty old school so I have printed out your syllabuses and addendums. This class will challenge you. It will push you outside your comfort zone. It will..."

He was getting closer, passing out printouts.

"Hopefully enlighten you." He said, handing me mine, our eyes meeting briefly.

I looked into the sea that was his eyes, swallowing hard. Why is my professor a hot young guy? Couldn't he be a Mr. Miyagi like from The Karate Kid? Seriously, how young is he?

He walked around, discussing the expectations for the class.

"I have also added to our standards for this course. We will have a debate for every paper turned in to work on our public speaking skills."

Debate? I thought this was a composition class. No. No. No. This isn't happening. I don't do public speaking. I let out a shaky breath and swallowed the lump in my throat as my eyes followed him around the room. Please no!

"I understand that some of you will be uncomfortable with speaking in front of your peers but we can schedule one on one time during my office hours so that I can help you with it."

Like that will help. I already hate this class and it just started. I glanced over at Niall and he was grinning. Of course he would be good at public speaking. He seems so bubbly. Maybe Zayn is shy like me. I turned to look at him and he rolled his eyes, shaking his head. I could tell he was pissed and I didn't blame him.

"Okay so there's no point in keeping you here when we have no coursework to cover so you can all go. Make sure you all have your textbook for next class."

Everyone started rushing around, quickly exiting the room. I kind of just sat there for a moment, not knowing what to think. Niall smiled.

"Later Grace."

"Bye." I said, my voice low.

I stood up and Zayn brushed past me. I almost fell back into my seat but caught my balance before grabbing my things. I started to stuff my books into my bag but they slipped from my uncoordinated hands, scattering across the floor. I huffed and knelt down, beginning to collect my books. On the floor, I could see a shadow of a silhouette standing over me. Professor Keller...Charlie knelt down beside of me, grabbing a couple of my books.

"Lilian Absure, is it?"

He knows my name? How does he know my name? Doesn't it take professors weeks to learn student's names? He just called like forty kids names while taking attendance.

"It's uh...Grace. I go by Grace."

He nodded and picked up my English book from the floor. I figured he would just hand it to me but instead he flipped through it.

"Your textbook is highlighted and you have notes in here. Did you get this from a former student?" he asked curiously.

"No...I...It's mine."

"So what? You already took this class?" He asked.

"No I didn't. I just purchased the textbook in June and..."

"...and you already read it?" he clarified.

"Yes. I already read it. I just finished it because I had an internship this summer and had other text books to read too."

"Quite the overachiever. Where was your internship?"

"Um...The NewYork Times."

His eyes widened and I felt the need to explain it, or downplay it rather.

"I just got lucky. I knew somebody who had connections. It was no big deal."

He narrowed his eyes, his big hands placing a couple of books into my backpack.

"It's not all about connections. You have to be smart Grace."

"Yeah. I guess so."

"You know...you didn't look too happy about the debates. I'm guessing you're not too fond of public speaking?"

I shook my head. Can't you tell?

"No. I'm not but I'm sure I can manage."

"We'll work on it." He said as we both stood up.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and looked into his eyes.

"Thanks for helping me Mr. Keller."

His eyes narrowed and almost darkened a shade. His eyes were really pretty.

"Please don't refer to me as that. It's Charlie."

"Okay, Mr. Charlie. Thanks." I said before nodding and walking out the door.

So I have a sexy English 101 professor? What would Harry think about that? Good thing he'll never know.

I looked at my clock. Since Professor...Charlie let us out early, I had forty-five minutes until my next class so I decided to go outside. I found a shady area under a tree and pulled out my phone. I scrolled to Harry's contact and dialed his number. I already missed him like crazy and even if he didn't pick up, I wanted to hear his voice. It rang once.

"Grace? Baby, are you okay?"

"Hey Harry!" I said, relief washing over me.

I was happy that he answered. I heard him let out a long breath like he was puffing out all of his anxiety.

"I'm so happy to hear your voice Grace. Why aren't you in class? Your class isn't supposed to end until ten."

"My English professor let us out early. No big deal. I just wanted to hear your voice. I miss you."

He was quiet like he was thinking about something. He sighed again.

"I miss you too baby."

"How is everything going at the café?" I asked, eager to see how Harry's first day solo was going.

"It's going great baby. Everything's running really smooth so don't you worry."

Oh my gosh. How cute can he be? I love my sweet Harry.

"I'm glad. I told you that you would do great."

"I know you did baby. So how did English go? Do you like your professor? What's she like?"

Oh god. No. I don't want to talk about this. I want to be at home with my boyfriend. Hmm...Home. That sounds good.

"Um...it was alright. I figured out that we have to do these debates. I mean, it's a composition class so I don't get why we have to do debates."

"And the professor?" Harry asked, not missing a beat.

"Um...he's okay."

"He?"

"Yeah."

"How old?"

I sighed. Really Harry?

"Like around twenty-five maybe."

The line was completely silent until Harry sighed, claiming his anxiety back.

"I don't like that." He whispered.

"I knew you wouldn't but he's a professor. Just a professor. I just hope my Literature class I have next is better."

"Liam will be with you won't he?" Harry asked and my body stiffened.

So now he's going to bring up Liam too?

"Yes he's in my Lit class."

"Good. At least he will keep an eye out."

What? Where is my Harry? I actually removed my phone from my ear, looking at it, before putting it back.

"Harry is that you?"

"Shut up." He said but chuckled anyway.

Oh that sound. I want to be with him right now. I want to feel him.

"I can feel the electricity between us right now." He whispered.

"Me too Harry. Me too. I love you."

"I love you Grace, so much."

We talked for a while longer until it was time to start heading to my Literature class. Now that I had been to one class, I felt a bit more comfortable and I was so excited to see Liam, so so excited. I couldn't wait to just hug my best friend. I was counting down the days until I could see Sammy. I walked back into the English building hoping that my Literature class would be better than my composition class. I had a man named Mr. Chiles and according to a site I found to rate professors, he was an older man. I was happy that this class was on the first floor so I wouldn't have to climb stairs. I walked into the classroom and immediately found Liam. There were only a couple minutes to spare so the room was pretty much full. Liam's eyes met mine and I ran to him, throwing my arms around him. I didn't care what anyone thought in this moment.

"Grace." He breathed into my hair as his strong arms wrapped around me.

"I'm so happy right now." He added.

"Me too Liam. I love you."

I could hear him take in a breath and I hoped he didn't take it the wrong way.

"I love you Gracie. I've missed you so much."

We just stood there hugging each other until the class got quiet.

"Is that our professor? He's kind of...young." Liam whispered as we sat down beside each other.

I was still smiling as I sat. That is until I looked up and Mr. Blue Tie...Charlie stood there. What? What about Mr. Chiles? Maybe he's filling in or something? Maybe he is in the wrong room? His eyes were on mine and Liam looked back and forth between the professor and me.

"Do you know him?" Liam whispered.

"He's my composition professor for English 101 too."

"Really? I thought you said our professor would be old."

"That's why I'm confused. That's not Mr. Chiles."

Professor Keller slash Charlie immediately started calling roll as soon as he came in. When he got to my name he simply said, "Grace is here," and checked off my name. Liam narrowed his eyes and looked over at me.

"He knows your name?"

"I told you. I have him before this class."

Liam shrugged.

"Harry wouldn't like it."

"So what? Are you his spy now?"

"Kind of."

"What?" I asked way too loud, drawing attention to myself.

"Is there a problem Miss Absure? I assume there is if you're talking while I'm taking attendance." Charlie snapped.

I could feel my cheeks heating in absolute embarrassment. Liam looked like he was about to jump out of his seat and punch the guy. I just slid low in my seat feeling like crap.

"Okay. My name is Charlie Keller. I will not go by Mr. Keller or Mr. Charlie." He said, glancing at me.

"This semester your professor Mr. Chiles had to leave the campus due to a family emergency. I will be your professor for the semester. Although we did not cancel the class, you are free to drop until the deadline. We realized some of you need the credits for your financial aid and scholarships and his situation has come up at the last minute. I've printed out the syllabus for this class and I'll assume that if you show up next time, you will have read it and agreed to the terms."

He passed out the syllabus and I watched Liam watch him. Liam was pissed. I knew he was. Harry would have already killed the guy but I honestly didn't blame him. I was talking and it was my own fault that I got called out like that. After my next class, I wanted to go straight home and have Harry's arms wrapped around me. I didn't realize how much I would miss him. I should be used to it because of my internship but it seems different now. At my internship, I barely had time to breathe let alone think about being home. Now I had all the time in world to think about him, how protective he is. I wonder what he's doing right now. Is that Emma girl in the café? Is he talking to her? I want talk to him right now. I want him to hold him and kiss him.

After discussing the syllabus which was similar to my composition class, Charlie started discussing a poem which I had read several times over the summer.

"Who has read this poem?"

Liam and I raised our hands, the rest of the class looking at us.

"Grace, what would you say the theme is?"

"Sometimes you already have the things you're looking for."

"Excellent and what is the major conflict in the story."

"The pregnancy?" I said and he nodded, a hint of a smile on his face.

Why couldn't he ask Liam? I feel so awkward. He's talking to me like he's known me for years.

"Very good Grace. For those of you, who haven't read the poem, do so by next class. You can all go."

This time I made sure I didn't drop anything. I gathered my things quickly as Liam waited for me. As we started to walk out, Liam wrapped a protective arm around me. I glanced over at Charlie and he was staring at us as he packed up his suitcase. Once we were out in the hall, Liam dropped his arm.

"Asshole." He muttered.

"We were talking Liam." I pointed out.

"He is still an asshole. Harry would have killed him."

"Don't say anything to Harry. You are my best friend not his. And you're not his spy either. Don't say a word." I said sternly, pointing my index finger at him.

He raised his hands in surrender.

"I won't Grace. Like I can say no to you."

"I'm glad you're here Liam."

"Me too Gracie." He said, leaning in to peck my cheek.

About that time, Professor Charlie walked by us, glancing briefly in our direction.

"Come on Grace; let's go to our next class."

Our art history class was rather boring but that probably had to do with the fact that I wanted to be at home with Harry. I watched the clock, waiting and waiting. Finally, our class was over and I walked out with Liam.

"You want to go to my dorm?" Liam asked.

"I...uh..."

"You want to go see Harry? That's okay. Another day."

"Are you sure Liam? I'll go if you want me to."

"No. Go home to Harry. I know how worried he was today."

"How do you know?" I asked,

"Because he uh...he texted me to watch over you. He didn't want to let you go but I don't blame him. I would be the same was if you were mine."

My cheeks were on fire and I avoided Liam's eyes. It was a touchy subject. I just hoped he really cared about this Madalyn girl. If I was being honest, Liam being with anybody bothered me but that was just because of my selfishness not because I liked him in that way. If I knew one thing though, it was that Liam deserved someone. He deserved to be loved the way Harry and I love each other. Liam deserved to find that.

"It's perfectly fine Grace. Maybe tomorrow. Just go home to Harry. He'll be so happy to see you."

Oh I will too. I can't wait.

I hugged Liam once more and then started towards home. I made myself not rush, walking at a normal pace and admiring the city. It was only a little after noon so the streets were busy, business people in suits going out for lunch, college kids getting coffee, and mothers running errands. When I got to Fromage, the line was almost out the door but not quite. I opened the doors, pushing past people everywhere. I walked back through the doors and into the kitchen.

"Grace!" Carlos greeted me.

"Hi Carlos. Where is..."

"He's in the cooler getting something."

I walked back towards the back and opened the extremely heavy door on the walk in cooler. Chill bumps formed on my arms. Harry was reaching to the top of the shelf for cheese of some kind. He turned around and his face broke into a grin and he let of a breath of relief.

I ran up to him and my body collided with his so hard that he stumbled back into the medal shelf, dropping the package of cheese. I invaded his mouth with mine, forcing my tongue past his lips. His hands trailed down to my hips and pulled me against his body so that there wasn't an inch of space between us.

"Grace." he moaned, pulling my head back with his hands and deepening the kiss.

Harry's POV

How can my heart be this full? How can I love one person this much? How is it even possible? Why is it that I would gladly take a bullet for her with no hesitation? How is it that if I didn't have her I'd feel like dying? How can she affect me that much?

I groaned as she drug her nails down my back. I was surprised by how she marched in here and took control but damn if I didn't love it. My hands entered into her shirt and I backed her up against the cooler wall. The sound of the door opening caused me to quickly turn around. Anna stood there with the door opened. Her cheeks heated and her mouth dropped wide open.

"I...oh god. I'm s-sorry Harry. I didn't realize..." Anna said, stumbling over her words.

I smiled.

"I'm sorry Grace. I didn't realize you were here." Anna said, her voice panicky.

Grace smiled and pulled away from me. She really liked Anna. We had Anna over for dinner several times. It was almost like she'd become a little sister to us, and her father James was an amazing employee. It felt weird to be his boss because he was so much older than me.

"Anna you don't have to apologize. I was just going to go upstairs to shower."

I narrowed my eyes at Grace. Grace...naked in the shower. Hmm.

Anna smiled, her cheeks still flushed. She reminded me of a younger version of Grace all the time.

"Well I'll just leave you two...not that you are going to...oh god. I'm leaving." Anna said.

I smiled at Grace as she backed out of the cooler, closing the door behind her.

"You're not going to take a shower without me." I told Grace.

"Yes I am. You have to work."

She started to walk out but I scooped her up, throwing her over my shoulder. I chuckled as she swatted my ass.

"Ow." I said, being way overdramatic.

"Shut up Harry."

"You better watch it Absure. I'm great at revenge. You should know that."

"Yeah...but I also know that you are quite smitten with me Mr. Styles. It would be pretty hard for you to be mean to me."

"Oh please." I said but I knew she was right.

...................

My phone rang while Grace and I were eating dinner, Liam's name flashing across the screen. Damn him. I told him to call me when I text him. Damn him. Now I'm going to have to explain myself to Grace.

"What?" I snapped.

"You told me to call you and I have plans tonight so you either talk to me now or you don't so..."

"Hang on."

I put my hand over the speaker and turned to Grace.

"It's a business call. I'll be right back okay?"

I stood up, leaving my plate and walking into the kitchen. I grabbed my jacket and walked out the door, down the stairs, and out the back door of the café. The parking lot behind the café was empty because it was a private lot owned by Ashton of course. I almost wished that Grace and I had a car to park in the lot. Once out on the street, I started walking, my boots thwacking against the pavement. I pressed my phone to my ear.

"What is it Liam?"

"I told her I wouldn't tell you anything about her. She doesn't want to be spied on."

"What happened?" I ordered, my tone demanding.

I glanced towards a middle aged man sitting on the street on a flattened cardboard box and threw him a few dollars, continuing to walk past him. It was dark out but the streets were always lit up in the city.

"Liam, I asked you a question and I want an answer."

He was silent for a moment before sighing.

"Dude, I promised her."

"Liam if you don't fucking tell me, I'll come beat the shit out of you."

"Chill out Styles. It's no big deal. She has the same professor for two of her English classes which I think is a little strange but that's not the point."

"What's the point Liam?" I asked, growing angry.

"Well me and Grace have Literature together and he's our professor. He won't even let us call him Mr. Keller. He wants us to call him Charlie. Maybe it's just in my head but he seems strange around Grace. He was like staring at her the whole time and..."

"And what?" I asked, my chest heaving up and down.

I stopped walking, too angry to go any further. I leaned against the brick building of what looked like some kind of bar.

"And...he knew her name. He was like calling her out in class. He kept talking to her and when we walked out of the room, I put my arm around her just to make him think she was taken but he kept staring at us. I just got a weird vibe from him. He kept his eyes on her the majority of class."

I punched the side of the building, busting the skin on my knuckles open.

"Damn it!" I screamed.

"I'm sorry Harry. We can still add classes. I can sign up for her composition class. I'll just have to drop mine. I have a break during that time anyway. I can change my schedule so I'll be with her in that class if..."

"Change it right now Liam. Right now!" I snapped, hanging up the phone.

I immediately called Grace. Oh I'd never been so pissed.

"Hello? Harry?"

"You want to tell me what the fuck is up with your professor?" I snapped.

A/N

Long chappie right here. I love this book and have so many plans for it. Possibly a sequel. Pretty sure there will be one ;) Please vote and comment! So excited for OTRA. Is anyone going to a show?? Love you all!

Faith <3

Continue lendo

Você também vai gostar

35.3K 4.6K 13
In which Sitara orders a milkshake in the middle of the night and Shaurya delivers it to her. ~ a novella [25,000 - 30,000 words]
239K 5.9K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
92.6K 3.5K 48
_ 'Insomnia is technically a sleep disorder. I consider it torture of your own brain's design. The self-sabotage of your control system screwing you...
75.4K 1.3K 15
𝑀𝑎𝑙𝑒/𝐹𝑒𝑚𝑎𝑙𝑒 𝑀𝑖𝑘𝑎𝑠𝑎 𝑥 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 𝑂𝑁𝐸𝑆𝐻𝑂𝑇𝑆 A collection of Oneshots about Mikasa Ackerman! I'll do both female Mikasa and...