Oath [Louis Tomlinson] [Finis...

By shyfingers

She made an oath to him. Rosalynn Marie Amberly made an oath to Louis William Tomlinson. To stick by him and... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Sequel!

Chapter 14

10.1K 166 53
By shyfingers

Harry Edwards Styles

Louis burst into the studio, unusually happy. I grinned at him happily as he told everyone how jubilant he really was but it hurt inside, it really did. No matter how many times I try and deny my feelings, I can't ignore that I do feel something stronger than friendship with Rose. And that's not good because I know that I'll never be able to hold Rose in my arms and call her mine.

Before I knew it, Louis disappeared into the depths of the studio where our interview was being held with Lou, our stylist. I was curious as to what they were saying, because I knew it'd be about Rose. I pressed my ear to the door of Louis' dressing room. I started hearing from this point;

"I kissed her," And it didn't help that it was Louis' voice. I felt my heart plummet to my stomach as I shifted my body weight to my legs and pressed my ear harder on the door.

"Did it go any farther than that?"

"Kinda,"

I clenched my fist and slammed my eyes shut. My nails dug under my skin and it would leave marks, no doubt. How could Louis do that? He has a bloody girlfriend! But why would Rose ever love me? All I am is an awkward boy from Chesire and in my heart; I know I still am. And the constant beatings and remarks I get on Twitter and other places just prove how badly I put myself out to the media. Louis deserved Rose, he was the better person.

I let my own bullying to myself sink in before clamping a set of teeth on my bottom lip, holding back the tears that threatened to fall. Stuff like this didn't happen a lot but when it did, I was reminded of all the horrible stuff said to me because of who I played out to be; the hard-to-figure-out womanizer.

"You have a girlfriend, you know that?" Lou's voice brought me back to reality. I focused on the words being exchanged.

"I know, but it feels like she doesn't even love me anymore! I was mourning over Rose and Eleanor didn't even come and comfort me. The first time heard from her in a while was last night and she was asking for things! She declined my offer to MSG and she bitches about things. I can't take it anymore, I really can't!"

I realized everything Louis ranted about Eleanor was true. She was just using him for his own selfish needs even though he'd never straight up admit that to himself. Eleanor doesn't really care for Louis anymore than a friend.

"I'm sorry baby, I really am. But most importantly, did you feel anything when you kissed her last night?" Lou asked.

"Way more than I felt when I kissed Eleanor when I thought 'in love' with her," Louis admitted.

"Maybe you are in love...I really haven't seen you this happy in such a long time, truthfully,"

That was most definitely true. Even before I had ever met Rose and we were still in America, something about Louis seemed fishy. He wasn't very jubilant nor happy and he looked...tired. It was such a horrible and depressing look, Louis was never like that.

"I know. It feels great," Louis admitted.

That was it for me. I couldn't hear much more. I got up and ran to my dressing room, which was only down the hall. I was breathing way harder than  should've and not because of the running. I was scared because Rose was so beautiful and perfect in every way in my eyes and I couldn't kiss her goodnight. I fished my phone out of my pocket and punched in a number I knew by heart.

"Hello?" A voice said.

"Rose?" I breathed.

"Harry! How are you?" Rose exclaimed. 

"I'm not good Rose," I rushed out.

"Huh? Are you okay? What's wrong?" She asked, obviously worried. 

'"Rose. I need to see you, right now," I said. Just then, I heard someone rap my door.

"Hurry up Harry, we leave in five!" 

"Fuck," I muttered under my breath. "Lunch. Meet me at the small cafe next to the bar downtown, alright?"

"Oh...okay Harry. Stay safe, alright?" Rose stammered out, concerned.

"I can't promise you that," I muttered before hanging up. I took a deep breath before pushing the door of my dressing room open, trying to look as calm as possible. 

                                                                                ***

I took my seat in the crowded cafe. It was nice here because I hardly ever get mobbed because the lights are so dim and people are just excluded. Plus, it's mostly the older people; young adults to even the elderly. At 78 year-old doesn't take much interest in an eighteen year old boy in a pop boyband. 

It's kinda funny how peaceful this place was even though it 's located next to the bar. The elderly couple that ran this place knew how to make this place feel and smell like home; it was so comforting and joyous. 

I stood up and Rose came in through the door. A few eyes drifted towards her as she was a disturbance to the quiet but after a couple of seconds, they looked back to whatever they were doing. Rose smiled slightly at me before flying to my side and wrapping a pair of comforting arms around my neck. I melted into her hug just before she pulled away seconds later. 

"Are you okay? You sounded so upset on the phone. Did you hurt yourself?" She whispered. I shook my head. 

"I'm fine, I just really needed to see you," I replied in the same tone. "I need to clear the air. Sit down."

Rose obeyed but I could tell she was still nervous. I made it sound like I was about to announce a death to a little girl and for some reason, it felt that way inside of my heart. I was afraid of the way Rose was to react. 

"Rose, this is hard because Louis is my best mate and I don't want to hurt him and I know how much he cares for you..," I trailed off. I was only this nervous before out first live show on The X-Factor. I didn't realized how much I actually loved her. "Rose, I really, really like you."

"I like you too," Rose whispered, looking straight into my eyes. 

"More than a friend,"I said, matching her tone. 

Rose let out a small breath, not even sigh, just a breath. She looked down at her lap and right then and there; my heart broke into little tiny pieces. She didn't love me back, she loved Louis. No amount of happiness I felt for him could match the heartbreak.

"The thing is Harry..," Rose trailed off. Oh no, here it comes. The rejection. "I really like you too. But...but I kissed Louis and it may or may not have gone a little farther than that last night and I really don't want to hurt Louis. I'm so conflicted because I don't exactly know how I feel but I do know that you've been there with me since we've met and I can't help but like you."

I was taken aback by the sudden confession. I looked up from the floor to look into her eyes, smiling so hard that my face felt like it was about to break but I didn't care. I was just so happy.

"Then there can be an us!" I exclaimed, drawing attention from a quite elderly couple. They were cute.

"But I don't want to hurt Louis," Rose muttered.

"Louis has Eleanor, doesn't he? What, have we completely forgotten about her?" I retorted. Rose fell into one of deep thought.

"Huh. I didn't think of her," she said softly.

A few seconds later her face broke out into a huge smile. I was the tiny bit confused when Rose got up from her seat. She walked over next to me and bent down slightly before cupping my face in her hands. My eyes slammed shut as she locked lips with me. I quickly melted into the kiss but inside, I was erupting with happiness and I felt nothing but fireworks.

"Consider us a couple," She whispered, biting her lip. I grinned widely before standing up and wrapping Rose in a hug.

"You don't know how happy that makes me," I murmured. Rose lingered in my hands for a few seconds before pulling away slightly.

"Now the hard part," Rose confessed. I gave her a confused look.

"Huh?"

"How are we gonna tell Louis?"

                                                             ****

A/N- Haiii. I just wanted to tell you guys that there might be one update but I leave for Canada in two days but I'll try to fit in a new chapter by tomorrow. I just wanted you all a merry Christmas and Happy New Year's! Have fun with your family, and thank you so much for reading. Let's not forget a special shout out type thingy to our one and only- Louis William Tomlinson, our Christmas Eve miracle. Don't forget to comment, vote, and fan for more! Once again, happy holidays!

-Farnaz xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

249K 7.9K 176
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
1.5K 65 19
In the summer of 1994, eighteen-year-old Oliver Wood met fourteen-year-old Gustav Olsson, who was a fellow Quidditch enthusiast, and who wanted to be...
139K 3.2K 58
imagines as taylor swift as your mom and travis kelce as your dad
28.8M 914K 49
[BOOK ONE] [Completed] [Voted #1 Best Action Story in the 2019 Fiction Awards] Liam Luciano is one of the most feared men in all the world. At the yo...