CONTENDER ✔

By Kinza244

Finding his first love in his office, Taehyung felt quite happy despite his financial problems. Little did he... More

1: Meeting her
2: Teenager crush
3: Avoiding the curse
4: Keep it up
5: Whipped
6: Helper
7: Happy
8: Mr. Jeon
9: Not so bad
10: Jerk!
12: Getting ready
13: A try
14: Worse
15: Worst
16: New boss
17: Lashing out
18: Break
19: Second time
20: Stressing over
21: Duality
22: Dead end
23: Robber
24: Failed
25: Home?
26: Homeless
27: His need
28: Masked
29: Temporary home
30: Trust
31: Misunderstanding?
32: Not alone
33: Special warmth
34: Free of an accusation
35: Strong to weak
36: Hurt or hate?
37: Culprit
38: Blind
39: Hate?
40: Talk
41: His Peace
42: Open up
43: Longing
44: Someone special
45: Reasons
46: Unexpected
47: Not again
48: Heartbroken
49: Once again
50: Contender
51: Love or Loved
52: Afraid
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter: 1
Bonus Chapter: 2

11: Ache

7.5K 517 136
By Kinza244

Ignore mistakes, please

Third person P.O.V

The brunet fell back as the side of the car hit him, causing his body to collide with the side of the footpath. His mind was clouded for a brief moment when someone came towards him and helped him to get up while checking his body for any injury.

"Oh lord! Are you okay, young man?" Taehyung heard the old man asking him with concern.

A rush of relief passed through his body when he saw the other all good, causing him to smile as if nothing happened a moment ago.

"I'm fine Sir, are you ok? I'm sorry if I pushed you harder." The old man shook his head, eyes still looking very concerned.

"I can't even thank you for what you've done for me now." Taehyung smiled and was about to say something when the driver of the car came to them.

"I'm so sorry, I'm really sorry. I don't know what happened to the brakes." The man apologized, bowing continuously. Taehyung felt angry with the man but deep down he was also aware that it wasn't his fault.

"It's ok son." The old man said, his voice very well and kind of authoritative.

"You both are ok? Should I call an ambulance?"

"No, it's fine," Taehyung said, trying his best not to snap at the other.

"Can you walk young man? Let's see if your legs are hurt or not." The old man suggested.

"It's fine Sir, it's getting cold... you should go home now. Don't worry, I'm totally fine." Taehyung said with a smile as the driver got a call and left.

"Are you sure? Where do you live?" The old man asked, definitely concerned and Taehyung took steps with the older to the side, hissing lightly when his leg hurt with each step.

"I live nearby sir. I'm fine, believe me." Taehyung tried to convince the man as he stepped away from the older, in order to make an escape as he didn't want to make him worried or guilty for his pain.

The old man was unsure but nodded his head as Taehyung bowed to him and turned to leave, that's when he saw the red and now swollen wrist of the younger who was at a considerable distance from him. He also noticed the limping of the other.

"Young man!" The old man called him but Taehyung already took a turn in the other street.

"Oh, I didn't even ask his name. What a nice boy." The old man muttered sadly, getting hold of his fallen plastic bag, and started walking to his house.

............

Taehyung hissed again and now the pain was increasing not only in his leg but also in his wrist. He was sure that he might have fractured the joint or worse broken it.

He pressed the bell and waited for the door to open while putting his whole weight over his other leg as even standing was hurting now.

What a day.

He groaned and pressed the bell button again when no one opened the door for him, he waited for more than 15 minutes but when no one opened, he started feeling shaky under the cold sky and aching body.

When he moved his injured and now well-swollen wrist, a pain of cry left his lips. So, he decided to visit a clinic before doing anything else.

To his luck, there was a private clinic near his house.

"Your joint is fractured from the hit." The doctor said, dressing his left wrist as Taehyung was just looking at his broken wrist with teary eyes.

"Show me your leg again." The doctor pointed and Taehyung followed what he asked.

"Thankfully, your shin is saved." The doctor chuckled and Taehyung felt relieved about that. He was given some painkillers and some ointments for his leg.

The visit to the doctor cost him much but he had no choice, so he gulped down the big chunk of the money. Feeling all gloomy, he walked back, putting his weight more on the other leg.

Thankfully, this time the door opened but his jaw almost dropped when he saw his auntie in a bridal dress standing near the staircase while his supposed-to-be uncle opened the door for him, dressed in formal clothes.

"Welcome home. " Taehyung was wise enough to see what happened but he didn't want this to happen for some reason.

"Auntie. Did you.." He trailed off a bit when he noticed the happy mood of the lady.

"Yes, we got married today Taehyung. Sorry, we just invited a few friends." His aunt said, as his new uncle went to her, sneaking his hand on her waist.

He sighed and smiled. "Congratulations. I wish you a happy life ahead." He genuinely wished her and she nodded.

"Oh just wait a bit." She squeaked and quickly disappeared into the living room.

"What happened to your hand?" Taehyung sighed again, hiding his hand behind his back.

"Nothing. Just a little accident."

"Doesn't look like a little one."

"Don't worry, just enjoy your special day." As ever, Taehyung didn't feel like talking to the other.

"Well, let me see. You may need some help... hm?" Taehyung stepped back, slightly stumbling on the hasty step when the other stepped forward.

"Please Sir, keep a distance. And I'm totally fine by myself."

"You're so stubborn, kid."

Taehyung rolled his eyes but stopped his tongue when his auntie was back with a packet of food. He was surprised because it was a rare sight.

"That's for you. We have some left over from the after-party. Have some." She said and was about to hand the packet but the other man took that instead.

"Oh, your dear kid has a broken wrist. I'll help him." He said with a smile and she nodded.

"No, it's fine. I can take-"

"Don't Taehyung, let him help you. Be thankful for someone caring like him." With that, she left them.

"Shall we?" Taehyung bit his inner lip when his uncle smirked and walked forth, ascending the stairs.

"You keep it very clean." He commented and Taehyung felt very irritated as he could feel the stare of the other on his face. Turning back, he snatched the packet and grabbed the doorknob with the same hand.

"Thank you, uncle. Now can you please let me rest?" He forced a smile making the older chuckle.

"Sure kid, sure. After all, we are going to live together from now on. We will have some quality time." He said, with the same irritating smirk, and left.

Locking the door, Taehyung limped to the mattress and sat carefully. A smile spread on his lips after a pang in his injuries, thinking that he did a good thing today, saving someone from being the one to have this much pain or even worse.

After a little while, he forced himself to change and ate the food. Gulping down the pills with water, he lay to have some sleep to avoid the throbs in his hand and leg.

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°

"Oh! What happened Taehyung?" Semie screeched when she saw the thick dressing over his wrist and his limping.

The said male smiled lightly, quickly taking his seat and heaving out a sigh of relief. "Nothing much, just a hit." He said, scrunching his nose when his wrist throbbed again.

Semie frowned and lightly smacked his head.

"Ow! Why noona~"

"Can't you walk properly? See what you've done with yourself! No, hell why are you even here? You need some rest your thick head!" She scolded the younger who pouted in turn.

"Noona, I can't take leave now. I need more money." He mumbled out the last words.

She felt concerned and sat on the chair that belonged to Minho, and took hold of Taehyung's other hand.

"Don't exhaust yourself like that Taehyung. You're also a human, need rest, need air, need some free life. Don't hurt yourself like that. This age of yours is to have some cute relationships, some romance, and happiness, not this much burden." Taehyung pressed his lips in a thin line, suddenly recalling what happened last day with the CFO.

"Thanks, noona. I know you care for me and I really appreciate that." Taehyung smiled, feeling warm at heart. 

"I believe that this isn't your desk." Both heard Minho's cold voice and Semie rolled her eyes but got up from the chair.

"I'd love to have this chair but unfortunately, this belongs to an iceberg." She muttered that Taehyung heard and giggled, hissing when his wrist hit the table.

"Stop being clumsy Taehyung!" She grumbled and he just giggled again sheepishly as Minho took his seat.

Noticing the thick bandages, Minho frowned but kept his mouth shut. Taehyung felt slightly hurt that the other didn't even ask anything but in the end, he shrugged it off.

After a few minutes, he received a mail and his blood boiled again. He completed the task and with a clenched jaw, he knocked on the door he despised the most in the building.

"Come in." After taking a minute to roll his eyes, he opened the door and kept the file in his armpit.

"I was informed to -"

"Cut it and place it here." Taehyung scoffed and did what was demanded. He decided to leave the suffocated place as soon as possible and just when he was about to turn back, an arm stopped him.

"And where are you going?" Jungkook snarled to which Taehyung gave an empty look.

"To my cabin?" Taehyung retorted and also yanked away his hand.

"Also, please next time don't touch me like that." He added and turned again to leave. That's when Jungkook's gaze fell on the dressed wrist of the other, also the slight limping.

"What happened to your hand and leg?" Taehyung scoffed again but forced a smile. Feeling tired of giving the same answer but this time he can change it, right?

"Had a fight with someone who was being nosy in my life." He flashed a fake smile and left the room.

Jungkook chuckled and shook his head.

"Like you can fight."

°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°●°

"Oh, my God! Semie told me about your accident. You should be careful Tae." Seoyun frowned. Trio was in the cafeteria as Semie told the girl about the accident.

"It's nothing much, just a little fracture."

"Still. Oh my... Does it hurt a lot?" She asked, looking at his wrist. Taehyung couldn't help but feel butterflies in his stomach at the thought of his crush being concerned about him.

"Y- yeah." He stuttered out. Out of nowhere, Seoyun scooted near him and pecked his forehead.

"I hope you get better soon." Did she say with a smile and Taehyung? He felt on cloud nine, the soft touch of the soft lips felt permanent over his skin, the warmth lingering there.

"I'd if you stay with me." He mumbled but of course, she didn't hear that as she was already on a call.

Shaking his head with a smile, Taehyung turned back to face outside of the glass and his gaze fell on none other than the CFO, who was sending daggers through his eyes.

A glint of pride made Taehyung's eyes sparkle as he was sure that he did see what happened moments ago, giving him a pump-up to go on and prove to him about his relationship. But his proud smile dropped when the raven-haired entered the cafeteria. The glint of happiness disappeared when he came to their table.

"Ms. Han, can we have a little talk." He said to Seoyun who surprisingly cut the call short and nodded her head.

Taehyung's heart shattered once again when she left with him but his whole body burned in anger and ache when the CFO turned his back and mouthed the words.

"You can't have her".

~~~~~~~~~~~

Assalam o alaikum. Long time no see👀

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 4.4K 41
[Completed] Taehyung and Jungkook were in love with each other since their school days but when Jungkook left Korea for five years because of his con...
2.3M 154K 54
Being prim and proper is not in Taehyung's vocabulary. He is the total opposite of the word innocent, if solely based on his actions. However, he is...
129K 11.3K 57
An alpha, not an ordinary alpha but a hybrid of a witch and a pureblood, when finds his mate in the form of an ordinary human, what happens?... Chaos...
578K 21.9K 52
( Completed ✔) Kim Taehyung arrogant and cold hearted CEO of Kim Corporation , Something happened in his past which made him hate the word Love. Jung...